#2 Posted: 00:54:43 11/02/2013
Proof?
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 00:59:26 11/02/2013
4 paths per character, makes sense.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#4 Posted: 01:08:23 11/02/2013
I guess
---
Gay 4 GARcher
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#5 Posted: 01:29:27 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: DragonCamo
Proof?

there is your proof (2:18)
---
you never saw me
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:31:24 11/02/2013 by I-Brawler
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#6 Posted: 01:31:44 11/02/2013
Quote: I-Brawler
Quote: DragonCamo
Proof?

there is your proof (2:18)

Thank you
---
Gay 4 GARcher
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#7 Posted: 01:55:06 11/02/2013
I hear him say that the bottom half has an upgrade path and the top half has an upgrade path. I do not hear any mention of the bottom half having upgrade paths and the top half having upgrade paths. I think it would be way too much work/design for them to have each half have 2 paths to choose from. Just my opinion.
Pandaman Red Sparx Gems: 64
#8 Posted: 02:25:57 11/02/2013
Quote: wgeorge111
I hear him say that the bottom half has an upgrade path and the top half has an upgrade path. I do not hear any mention of the bottom half having upgrade paths and the top half having upgrade paths. I think it would be way too much work/design for them to have each half have 2 paths to choose from. Just my opinion.

If what you said is true, then that mean these swaplanders are going to be so over powered, they would be BEYOND broken.

Think about it like this, if you had Wash Buckler focused on his upper half while Magna Charge on his lower, Wash Charge would be better than the both of them (While making Magna Buckler just above useless). This could be very bad in a pvp scenario, and would make all of the other types of skylanders pale in comparison; UNLESS S3 (or preferably all of them) used both upgrade paths.
---
The manliest of all men is a flippin' panda! smilie
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#9 Posted: 02:29:08 11/02/2013
He said each skylander has an upgrade chain for each half, which means more than one path, most likely two.
#10 Posted: 02:31:43 11/02/2013
Quote: Pandaman

If what you said is true, then that mean these swaplanders are going to be so over powered, they would be BEYOND broken.

Think about it like this, if you had Wash Buckler focused on his upper half while Magna Charge on his lower, Wash Charge would be better than the both of them (While making Magna Buckler just above useless). This could be very bad in a pvp scenario, and would make all of the other types of skylanders pale in comparison; UNLESS S3 (or preferably all of them) used both upgrade paths.

Sorry for the double post, on iPod.

Each half has two paths, you pick whichever one you like better. For example if you put wash on the sword path and buckler on the ink path then if you switched over to magna buckler you would still have the ink path on magna charge. I don't see how this affects pvp?
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#11 Posted: 03:09:19 11/02/2013
^ Well, say you have magna buckler. Buckler is on the better path and so is magna. If you were facing wash charge, it would be a little unfair if the paths are not as equal.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#12 Posted: 03:22:51 11/02/2013
Well my thing would be the idea that with just the 16 characters, that means 32 paths to take with all of them to completion. How much money would you have to farm with all of these characters to ensure you had enough, and that is only the swaplanders. In SSA it was a major pain to fully upgrade the original 32, now you will have 32(16*2) with the swaplanders and then 16 newlanders. That is a lot of money farming!!!
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#13 Posted: 03:41:57 11/02/2013
I Guess it's fair considering Swaplanders are essentially two halves. I still feel like this may be what's happening with S3 though (adding an additional path for shiggles).
#14 Posted: 03:43:09 11/02/2013
Wash has two paths and buckler has two paths. So you can take the "better path" on both halves.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#15 Posted: 07:24:36 11/02/2013
Quote: icecube7731
Well my thing would be the idea that with just the 16 characters, that means 32 paths to take with all of them to completion. How much money would you have to farm with all of these characters to ensure you had enough, and that is only the swaplanders. In SSA it was a major pain to fully upgrade the original 32, now you will have 32(16*2) with the swaplanders and then 16 newlanders. That is a lot of money farming!!!

Auric's vault. with 2 player, it's takes a couple of minutes and with 4 money wheels, you can get 6-8000 every time.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#16 Posted: 07:35:14 11/02/2013

Making money in Giants is fairly easy..
Heres a vid that shows you how to get 1000 gold per minute (can get more if you get lucky)

http://youtu.be/YAjUqFvHy7E

you need 4 wheels of wealth, but theyre all fairly easy to get..in fact..i have a vid for that too lol

http://youtu.be/rv8p4Mxqam4

/end plug smilie

there were similar things you could do in SSA, theres always a way to get some easy gold in these games.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 07:42:56 11/02/2013 by IJJusion
#17 Posted: 08:19:05 11/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion

Making money in Giants is fairly easy..
Heres a vid that shows you how to get 1000 gold per minute (can get more if you get lucky)

http://youtu.be/YAjUqFvHy7E

you need 4 wheels of wealth, but theyre all fairly easy to get..in fact..i have a vid for that too lol

http://youtu.be/rv8p4Mxqam4

/end plug smilie

there were similar things you could do in SSA, theres always a way to get some easy gold in these games.

and if you don't mind "cheating" you can always save scum the final treasure in the crows nest after beating chapter 16 (if the cheesy nature bothers you, just think of it as raiding Auric's vault... a lot)
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
#18 Posted: 09:01:42 11/02/2013
save scum?...crows nest? *oblivious stare*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:22:51 11/02/2013 by IJJusion
#19 Posted: 09:46:13 11/02/2013
save scum?...crows nest? *oblivious stare*

in spoilers since some may consider this "cheating" Me, I just think of it as a faster way to raid Auric's vault

after you defeat Kaos (end of chapter 16), there will be anywhere from 6000-9000 treasure in the crows nest (use 4x wealth wheels to maximize this amount). Go up with a character, and collector the money but do not exit the area. Instead, log out of the game. Gathering the money isn't a game save point, but leaving the area is. Log back in and re enter the game. Return to the crows nest and the money will still be there as the save game isn't aware of you taking it previously, but since the money is saved on the character, they already have it and now can get it again. Note, this stops working the moment your character exits the area.

explination of save scumming
---
#20 Posted: 10:15:56 11/02/2013
oic, i take it you actually mean the crane deck (crow nest has a sapphire but i dont remember it having anything else) when you are referring to that method and i also assume the moment youve been there once and saved you cant go back?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:16:29 11/02/2013 by IJJusion
#21 Posted: 10:50:03 11/02/2013
oic, i take it you actually mean the crane deck (crow nest has a sapphire but i dont remember it having anything else) when you are referring to that method and i also assume the moment youve been there once and saved you cant go back?

is it the crane deck? sorry - go the names mixed up. And yes, it no longer works if you leave the area in game as that is a game save point. But you can do this endlessly with all your characters so long as you never exit the area but instead log out of the game. But the moment a character exits back to the access tower, the money is gone for good.
---
#22 Posted: 18:30:47 11/02/2013
good trick smilie ...youd make hundreds of thousands in minutes smilie ~ and i think its cheesy..but not cheating...mainly because they make money a trivial thing to get with things like aurics vault, its just time consuming.
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#23 Posted: 19:45:02 11/02/2013
Slightly confusing, but a good Idea
---
Im so proud of you
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#24 Posted: 13:34:40 12/02/2013
Wow that's cool.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#25 Posted: 14:13:09 12/02/2013

But remember how the Giants were more powerful the the regular sized? It may be the same case here.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#26 Posted: 14:29:06 12/02/2013
Quote: awesomerockets

But remember how the Giants were more powerful the the regular sized? It may be the same case here.

I suspect the upper part will have 1-2 basic upgrades and then a choice between paths of 3 and then a soul gem while the bottom will have 2-3 basic upgrades. That is, the total number of upgrades will be the same, but some will apply to the bottom and some (most?) to the top
---
Pandaman Red Sparx Gems: 64
#27 Posted: 15:09:08 13/02/2013
Quote: awesomerockets

Giants are different because they are simply bigger skylanders, they weren't truly fancy in comparison to the swaplanders. True, they were able to do thing regular skylanders were not able to do, but in terms of upgrades they were practically the same.
---
The manliest of all men is a flippin' panda! smilie
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#28 Posted: 21:10:00 14/02/2013
This is interesting.

"The top half of the figure is where the toy’s “heart” resides — this stores the stats of the figure and (one assumes) their gold. It will be interesting to see if you could use the gold from one Swap Force figure to upgrade the bottom half of another by switching before you spend your money."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...rce-two-brains/
#29 Posted: 22:56:12 14/02/2013
This is interesting.

"The top half of the figure is where the toy’s “heart” resides — this stores the stats of the figure and (one assumes) their gold. It will be interesting to see if you could use the gold from one Swap Force figure to upgrade the bottom half of another by switching before you spend your money."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/an...rce-two-brains/

that would depend on whether the upgrades are bought with the bottom or with the "correct" top. That is, can [top] Buckler buy Buckler upgrades, or is Wash in charge of all upgrades for Wash and Buckler?
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me