Page 1 of 1
Concerns about Swap force [CLOSED]
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#1 Posted: 00:41:12 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
My main idea is the look of the characters, but losing the peices is also a concern, anyone have any any other concerns, or share mine?
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#2 Posted: 01:16:00 11/02/2013
In most interviews, they say that the magnets are fairly strong. I don't think there's too much to worry about, unless you store the characters in pieces.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#3 Posted: 01:43:31 11/02/2013
I am really just concerned about the level layout...in all o the gameplay we have seen, the levels are just small skylanders interconnected by bridges....I hope that we get levels that are all one big skyland instead of a group of small ones....(Like chapter 3 in giants being,mainly, one big chunk of land...)
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#4 Posted: 03:49:36 11/02/2013
Like Orohu said, the magnets have been said to be very strong. So unless you store them separately, you'll be fine.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#5 Posted: 06:03:22 11/02/2013
Sorry if this stretches the page:

[User Posted Image]
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#6 Posted: 06:16:27 11/02/2013
i cant say im worried about this..but im playing with them..and im an adult..having a group of 2-3+ children playing with them..i could see pieces being lost.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#7 Posted: 12:45:22 11/02/2013
sure i think kids may lose the pieces...But if you're careful yourself and not a kid. Then you prob wont. I dont keep my skylanders stored with anything else but skylanders.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#8 Posted: 13:12:59 11/02/2013
I have a special section in my room just for all of my Skylanders stuff, so I'm not worried about losing them. Also I'd always have them in their original combinations so unless an annoying 7 or 9 year old cousin could torture me and knock me unconscious and find my Skylanders under the dresser under the TV (which I can definitely see happening soon) I'm safe.
#9 Posted: 23:46:24 11/02/2013
I keep all of my skylanders in a cracked plastic box...(for now, I am waiting for something new to put them in which should get here in about 2-3 months....) which is on the lower side of a drawer..(not really a drawer but whateves) where it is barely even visible unless you point you head towards it while your face is on the floor...they're good from my little sister for now, though I am worried about where to put my Infinity figures when I get them...(I have a place on the drawer-ish thingy where the Sg/Ssa portal, Sf portal, and Infinity 'reader' as it is referred to a lot...will fit perfectly....)
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#10 Posted: 01:08:51 12/02/2013
I don't think it'd be any harder than losing one of the smaller series 1 characters
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Icespark Green Sparx Gems: 140
#11 Posted: 01:23:15 12/02/2013
In this article:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02...ed-by-vicariou/

It is stated that Activision is already taking into account that children can, and will, be loosing pieces, and that they've already prepared for that specific eventuality.

The specific portion is this:

Quote:
Considering the potential of lost halves, Activision tells me its customer support team will be ready to help replace or otherwise assist with any issues the new figures incur.

While I'm easily not going to be losing any pieces (display cases are awesome!), I'm also not worried about defective or non-functioning figures. I don't think there's any cause for concern. smilie
---
Highly interested in obtaining a Glitter Variant Sprocket! Please PM me! Any help is appreciated!
Also interested in Rock variants and White Prism Break.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:36 12/02/2013 by Icespark
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 01:35:09 12/02/2013
Quote: Icespark

It is stated that Activision is already taking into account that children can, and will, be loosing pieces, and that they've already prepared for that specific eventuality.

I have to give props to Activision support recently. I had a problem with the bottom piece of my S2 Gil Grunt and it would not stay, exposing the RFID chip. I filed a support incident and they had a replacement to my house in a couple of days.

I have confidence whatever issues that will arise they will rise to meet the challenge in a way that's very consumer friendly.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:37:23 12/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#13 Posted: 01:54:02 12/02/2013
I never really has problems w/ any of my figures...(Ok, that's a total lie, my Sonic Boom fell onto my bathroom floor and the green part of her base came right off,she still works though! My Spyro is decapitated because of my little sister, My Flashwing's right wing hole is too big, so the wing falls out a lot. And my Hex's arms fell off as soon as a first opened her...) yea...it happens.....
#14 Posted: 02:00:46 12/02/2013
I've had mixed results with Activision support, over three incidents.

1: Punch Pop Fizz: He stopped working in game, and I got a replacement in under a week. Overall, I was impressed at the turnaround time, and I can still display my old, non-functioning figure.

2: Thumpback scare: I thought my Thumpback's Lightcore/LED elements were defective, but in the end it was just a bad call on my part (I'd tried using him on a 3DS portal without actually connecting the game). I PMed ATVIAssist to cancel the replacement order since mine worked fine, and one hasn't arrived in the past 2-ish weeks, so I think JH succeeded in cancelling it. Overall, not a bad experience, and I definitely think that they're helpful.

3: My Dino-Rang was malfunctioning in a similar method to Pop Fizz, and I was called by Activision Support (I was freaking out because he's near-impossible to replace, even more so than Punch Pop Fizz). When I called them back, the phone agent that picked up (I didn't catch his name) was completely rude to me, and said accusatory things to the effect of "I just want to know how you keep breaking your figures", and on the topic of the cancelled Thumpback return, he seemed convinced that Thumpback didn't require a mail-in (he does), that Activision actually shipped me a replacement one (they didn't), and after I told him that my Thumpback was working and I never sent him in, the representative had the nerve to say "So, we just sent you one for nothing!?" in the nastiest tone I've ever heard from customer support. ATVIAssist even went out of their way to apologize to me about the guy's behavior.

So yeah, it all depends on who is on the other end of customer support.

...sorry for the rant, but I kinda needed to vent, but I didn't think it even deserved a topic of its own.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:01:31 12/02/2013 by Orohu
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#15 Posted: 03:53:56 12/02/2013
They are very helpful. I started collecting when giants came out so I've only had one problem. My portal didn't work. So I called em up and they sent me a new one in a week and a half. The lady was realt nice and i think i was o te phone with her for over an hour, very patient. Ididn't know that 3 days before the replacement came in my mom went to the GameStop I got the starter pack from and replaced my broken portal. So now I have two working portals :S
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#16 Posted: 06:20:25 12/02/2013
My main concern is that magnets have a tendency to mess electronics and tech stuff, so I'm wondering what might be happening if I keep the Swap Force Skylanders near say a game system or something.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#17 Posted: 07:37:33 12/02/2013
i would assume as long as youre not trying to stick them to your machine theyll be just fine.
#18 Posted: 05:50:28 13/02/2013
It's probably a good idea to not put them next to any CDs or Hard Drives, as well. Only put them on portals.

Also, my Dino-Rang came today. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:54:45 13/02/2013 by Orohu
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#19 Posted: 06:42:31 15/02/2013
I could imagine someone losing Wash Bucklers torso and putting his legs on the portal. Buckler, basically the most useless character ever.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me