Page 1 of 1
Anti-S3 Fan Club [CLOSED]
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1 Posted: 00:28:15 09/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Join this club if you dislike the addition of reposes of characters that were already reposed.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#2 Posted: 00:33:58 09/02/2013
I don't like series 3 like all returning players, but people who will pick up their first skylanders game this October will experience new characters. Lots of people hated series 2, but I started in giants so obviously they were cool and new characters.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#3 Posted: 00:42:19 09/02/2013
reposes are not for everybody. its just for avid collectors of the game smilie besides its your money so spend the way you like it. thats the best part of this game their not limiting and forcing you to buy everything to advance and finish the game. smilie
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#4 Posted: 00:49:29 09/02/2013
Really, the Series 2 has a different reason for getting them than just a "reposed". Series 2 allows players to not only have their skylanders to have a new ability (the wow pow) but it also allows them to switch between upgrade paths so that players don't have to collect a second skylander in order to utilize the second upgrade path. Series 3 might even have another additional feature besides a new Wow pow. Because Series 2 were mainly advertized for their Wow pow and new pose. They didn't mention the great feature of switching upgrade paths.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#5 Posted: 00:51:28 09/02/2013
I bet that they will get a 3rd upgrade path, or be able to be on both paths at once.
#6 Posted: 01:00:31 09/02/2013
One thing I'd like to see is the ability to turn upgrades on and off. Meaning say you buy Chill's Upgrade Armor. After you buy it then you can turn it on and off (no cost to return it on) that way players can still use Stealth Elf with her original Armor. (since I know most people I've heard prefer her original Armor.)

Edit: it's also possible that all new skylanders will get a new outfit or something. This is mainly refering to S3 Stealth Elf since the outfit she's wearing is not in any of her previous upgrades. Though it's possible that it's just one of her series 3 upgrades. (like her new wow pow.)
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:36 09/02/2013 by JCat
#7 Posted: 01:11:48 09/02/2013
I have a feeling that what were talking about is not what ClayFace had in mind when he started this thread... smilie After all he said this is a thread for anti series 3.

I only posted to say that there's more to Series 3 than a repose of old skylanders.
---
~N~
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#8 Posted: 01:15:19 09/02/2013
Quote: weebbby
I bet that they will get a 3rd upgrade path, or be able to be on both paths at once.

oh ho ho ho....that would damage the game as a whole

i cant see anything like this ever happening.

....dont let it happen activision ;p
#9 Posted: 01:20:24 09/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion
Quote: weebbby

oh ho ho ho....that would damage the game as a whole

i cant see anything like this ever happening.

....dont let it happen activision ;p

You got a point. After all if they did the later part (Being on both paths at once) it'd make getting the Series 1 characters a waist. I mean even now it's almost pointless to get S1 due to the path swap (though I still like it). But say if you add both paths the old skylanders will be even more useless to get. Because say if you only want/care about one path. then Series 1 isn't that bad.
---
~N~
#10 Posted: 01:29:33 09/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I would be fine if the Unreposed 8, the 8 Giants, or the 8 Newlanders got reposes. It's only frustrating when characters like Stealth Elf were already reposed and they're being reposed again.
#11 Posted: 01:43:53 09/02/2013
Well Stealth Elf is more than reposed as she's got a new outfit. Possible that's something to do with Series 3. Maybe they all have new outfits and that's the purpose of series 3. But really it's hard to tell since she's the only series 3 they've shown so far. Because they've allready confirmed that Series 3 will have a new Wow pow. ofcourse, rather it's in addition to the series 2 wow pow or if it replaces it we don't know yet. Or atleast I don't know yet.
---
~N~
#12 Posted: 01:46:21 09/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, but you're a Stealth Elf fan (judging by avatar). So you praise S3 Mrs. Overrated.
#13 Posted: 01:55:15 09/02/2013
yes I'm a stealth Elf Fan. But quiet honestly like I said I prefer her original outfit. What would the others be like if they also had new outfits. Like perhaps Flame slinger without his mask.... or Spyro with some short of armor?
---
~N~
#14 Posted: 01:57:45 09/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree that Stealth Elf's original outfit is better.
Also, when did Flameslinger wear a mask?
#15 Posted: 02:02:05 09/02/2013
Ok techically it's a blind fold. You know the red part across where his eyes would be? The Bio says he wears a blind fold because he was showing off his skills as an archer by making shots wearing a blind fold.
---
~N~
#16 Posted: 02:10:20 09/02/2013
in that case....flameslinger has to be the most powerful skylander of all..being able to traverse all the adventure levels while destroying the most evil of foes!...blindfolded!...imagine what he could do without the blindfold...
#17 Posted: 02:13:26 09/02/2013
well it also says another of his abilities is a kind of Fire Clarevoyence. meaning he can see through Fire. And I'm not wrong about Flameslinger being blind folded.
---
~N~
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#18 Posted: 02:28:20 09/02/2013
Aslong as there's a new Terrafin, I'll buy it.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#19 Posted: 02:36:02 09/02/2013
Well the is a level with Land sharks or whatever creature Terrafin is. It was scene in the preview. So perhaps there will be.
---
~N~
#20 Posted: 03:07:59 09/02/2013
^ <3 lol

Quote: JCat
well it also says another of his abilities is a kind of Fire Clarevoyence. meaning he can see through Fire. And I'm not wrong about Flameslinger being blind folded.

im not saying you are, im just saying flameslinger is more of a badass then i thought lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:09:51 09/02/2013 by IJJusion
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#21 Posted: 04:34:16 09/02/2013
I don't mind joining, but only if the lost 8 I like to call them don't get remodels. If I don't see smilie, smilie, smilie and smilie get reposes, then I'll hate the s3 figures.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#22 Posted: 05:00:30 09/02/2013
From a marketing standpoint, I get that people will be jumping onto the platform at different points, so "old" characters from folks coming from SSA will be brand new for newcomers. Keep in mind that they are maintaining the ENTIRE digital roster of ALL PHYSICAL toys--so I TOTALLY get that they want to nuture and feed their intellectual property over time.

Seeing Stealth Elf for three games makes it feel like she's an old friend...and some of the "fan favorites" will more than likely be in every game. I like the idea of bringing back characters that were skipped in the last game.

What I DIDN'T like in Giants was that the reposed characters were the vast majority of the characters. I felt like I was being somewhat cheated. Obviously, in Swap Force...they eliminated my complaint there in spades. 256 possible swaps on the swap force, PLUS 16 NEW core characters more than satisfies the return of 16 other characters.

But will I collect these reposed characters? If the value in game justifies it sure...they haven't REALLY provided a good reason yet for gamers coming game after game (yes POW WOW etc is there...to ME personally it wasn't strong enough). They are counting on a lot of OCD collectors out there to pick up the slack perhaps.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#23 Posted: 05:02:42 09/02/2013
Quote: JCat
yes I'm a stealth Elf Fan. But quiet honestly like I said I prefer her original outfit. What would the others be like if they also had new outfits. Like perhaps Flame slinger without his mask.... or Spyro with some short of armor?

Maybe in S4 you can buy mix and match outfits....IMAGINE the possibilities!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#24 Posted: 05:45:38 09/02/2013
to be honest i'm currently in neutral for the S3 characters, I'll decide whether i like them or not when all of the S3 characters have been confirmed
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
CaptainPenguin Red Sparx Gems: 42
#25 Posted: 06:24:18 09/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
I don't like series 3 like all returning players, but people who will pick up their first skylanders game this October will experience new characters. Lots of people hated series 2, but I started in giants so obviously they were cool and new characters.

I disagree I started the first Game and loved it but, there are bonuses for S2 Skylanders and it is the Wow Pow,Improved Stats, and a New Cool Look. I was mad when they stopped selling Sunburn,Ghost Roaster,Boomer,Dino-Rang,Wham-Shell,Voodood,Warnado,and Camo at stores cause it made it more difficult to get them and you would have to spend more money to get them. So I am Excited for Series 3, and also it gives collectors a Second chance to get a Skylander they didn't get in the previous series, Like me,if they had just added Giants and New Core Skylanders in Giants, and Discontinued EVERY Skylander it wouldn't give new Collectors a Chance to get the 32 Retro Skylanders.
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Need Thumpback,Eye Brawl,and Hotdog
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me