Page 1 of 1
online co-op [CLOSED]
darrenbiglove Green Sparx Gems: 410
#1 Posted: 10:37:43 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
anyone seen or heard if there will be online co-op i think skylanders really needs that also i think there need tobe a level creation mode hate to say a bit like that new disney game
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#2 Posted: 11:22:37 07/02/2013
idk but after seeing the cheap "Fisher Price-like" design execution of the Swap-Force figurines, they better add something sweet like online co-op... I am not very impressed with this new game so far, definitely missing Toys For Bob's involvement in their idea!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't the point where the sellout line is drawn so soon!! Time will tell....!
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#3 Posted: 11:31:46 07/02/2013
We can only dream.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#4 Posted: 13:02:55 07/02/2013
Quote: Shroomy_Boomy
idk but after seeing the cheap "Fisher Price-like" design execution of the Swap-Force figurines, they better add something sweet like online co-op... I am not very impressed with this new game so far, definitely missing Toys For Bob's involvement in their idea!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't the point where the sellout line is drawn so soon!! Time will tell....!

good to read someone with a bit of common sense. i have said from day one that the design of these new skylanders looked like bargain bin 1 dollars toys. and they still not gonna have online co-op or online battle-mode, it's a big mistake. instead they want us to go crazy about the 'jumping', like its the big new thing never done in a game before. after two games without jumping, we do fine without it and that is the truth. they are also forcing you to buy all 8 of the swap-force toys so you can enter the forbidden zones in the game. without entering these zones the game will be extremely short, everyone knows that by now. with the first game this was fine, it was the first game and you need to start somewhere. so when the giants arrived you only needed one of the elements, and if you had the first game you was sure to have one of the elements needed, so no big problem. now with swap-force you have to start all over again and it is clearly designed this way from the maker to suck more money from the customers. activision just get greedier and greedier, its clear now that $500 million in revenue from the two first game isn't enough.
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#5 Posted: 17:33:55 07/02/2013
There has been plenty of topics on this already, but in the FGTV interview it was already confirmed to be local co-op only, not online. There has been no word on online battle mode or downloadable content as far as I know.
ziggymoonunit Green Sparx Gems: 271
#6 Posted: 18:46:24 08/02/2013
With no online co-op and toys that look like crap, I think I might just skip this one. Giants was a slight dissapointment to me in a lot of ways and from what I have seen on the previews of this one......I can't afford to waste my $75 (or whatever they feel like charging on a starter set) on a piece of junk game.
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#7 Posted: 18:58:27 08/02/2013
It's a kids game, most kids that age don't care about online-modes. Hopefully one day the franchise will grow up, online PVP would be rad.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
tGrimm Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#8 Posted: 19:20:12 08/02/2013
I don't know why they don't release a totally different game for online co-op? Seems like a no brainer - even if it were just for specific platform, meaning you could only play online with someone else who has a wii if that's what you have, or xbox if that's the one you have, etc. They'd make a fortune just on that game due to the number of figures out there already. Just seems like they'd capitilize on this.
---
Yeah, I'm major OCD - I have them all, every one of them, and most of the easy to find variants. My favorite is Quick Draw Rattle Shake!
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#9 Posted: 19:30:31 08/02/2013
How about 8 vs 8 capture the flag and other types of games. Now that would be fun!
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#10 Posted: 19:34:48 08/02/2013
^ Reminds me of COD... they have capture the flag too, lol If they don't add online co-op in some form with this game, I'm 90% sure that this will be my stopping point with Skylanders... maybe instead I'd give Disney Infinity a try!! Anyone know if the S3 reposes they'll release can be played on Giants or S:SA?? That would be the only way I'd put any money into some portion of "Swap-Force" as it stands now!
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#11 Posted: 19:50:07 08/02/2013
Oh man.... capture the flag for Skylanders would be so sick.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#12 Posted: 20:10:01 08/02/2013
Quote: Shroomy_Boomy
^ Reminds me of COD... they have capture the flag too, lol If they don't add online co-op in some form with this game, I'm 90% sure that this will be my stopping point with Skylanders... maybe instead I'd give Disney Infinity a try!! Anyone know if the S3 reposes they'll release can be played on Giants or S:SA?? That would be the only way I'd put any money into some portion of "Swap-Force" as it stands now!

I would assume the S3 reposes would work in the game that the character debuted, much like how S2 Legendary Ignitor still works in Spyro's Adventure, albeit as a regular Ignitor.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#13 Posted: 21:49:21 08/02/2013
any online play with skylanders would be sick...announce it VV!! dooo ittttt!!!
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#14 Posted: 21:56:31 08/02/2013
online and 2 players max with its 3rd game was letdown if only someone can petition to at least include online PVP with security settings if they dont want kids to be strangers doing PVP.as they say they are still in development so its never too late.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#15 Posted: 23:07:33 08/02/2013
Really hoping for online play this time around... =/
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me