darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Petition to Activision for our super Fan to be your Reviewer!
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Petition to Activision for our super Fan to be your Reviewer! [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#51 Posted: 05:38:16 07/02/2013
Yeah, I steered away from the Red Hot Rumble. It wasn't Viewtiful Joe.

I try to keep my game collection diverse. The only annual franchise I support, is Skylanders. Outside of that, I have sequels to games, but tend to buy very little in the racing and FPS genre, since those genres flood the market.

I do have God Hand. Isn't that the last game Clover made, before Clover was no more?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#52 Posted: 05:41:03 07/02/2013
i support this message.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#53 Posted: 05:48:02 07/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Yeah, I steered away from the Red Hot Rumble. It wasn't Viewtiful Joe.

I try to keep my game collection diverse. The only annual franchise I support, is Skylanders. Outside of that, I have sequels to games, but tend to buy very little in the racing and FPS genre, since those genres flood the market.

I do have God Hand. Isn't that the last game Clover made, before Clover was no more?

Yeah, it probably hastened their downfall. A lot of people simply didn't "get" that game. I never tried it, it was at a point when I wasn't playing a lot of console games, so I skipped it. I actually never bought a whole bunch of PS2 games, I preferred my Gamecube at the time. I guess I never really warmed to the PS2 since it pretty much killed the Dreamcast. I still have my Dreamcast hooked up, man in its short life it had a ton of really great games.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#54 Posted: 05:59:19 07/02/2013
That was nice of the team at N-Space, Bob.

I would have one of my variants from the first game signed. One of my silvers, golds, GITD, Ice, E3 2012, Toy Fair NY, or Toy Fair Nuremberg, if I ever that honor was ever bestowed upon me.

I understand wanting a SSA figure signed, but, assuming you won't actually melt it, I'd suggest getting the Employee Prism Break signed. Seems like the best choice. smilie
#55 Posted: 06:26:52 07/02/2013
Exactly, Bob. If I ever had the chance to get any of my figures signed, that would actually be an awesome candidate.
---
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#56 Posted: 06:31:32 07/02/2013
I Support this topic around... 100%
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#57 Posted: 07:25:26 07/02/2013
Activision, make it happen!
---
cry baby, I am
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#58 Posted: 07:43:32 07/02/2013
I am indifferent to the topic... however
I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about how someone like FGTV opperates and what they are allowed to do.

People complain "why didn't he ask question x?" Well, probably because the interviewer was told prior to the interview that question X is not to be asked. In order for guys like FGTV to keep a good relationship with the companies they deal with and to continue to have access to early news, they have to play by the rules the company sets up. In many cases, the company themselves provide (some of) the questions to be asked. The companies do these because it is good promotion for them. They don't do it so we fans can immediately learn every tidbit we might want when we want it.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#59 Posted: 09:16:59 07/02/2013
GameMaster78, you have my support!
Activision, if you don't realize this wish *shakes fist*!!!
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#60 Posted: 11:17:30 07/02/2013
ClayFace supports you.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#61 Posted: 11:58:44 07/02/2013
Quote: ClayFace
ClayFace supports you.

All other clay things support you.
[User Posted Image]
I am Clay Aiken and I approve this message
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:59:51 07/02/2013 by fireofexile
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#62 Posted: 12:13:59 07/02/2013
Gamemaster really needs this more than britty mc brit brit Family Gamer TV

Whenever I have a question, GM Is there
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#63 Posted: 12:25:58 07/02/2013
I'll support this, as well...
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7409
#64 Posted: 13:13:09 07/02/2013
Supported.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
charon13 Green Sparx Gems: 263
#65 Posted: 14:08:01 07/02/2013
I think, it is not really fair to bash Andy from FGTV for the questions he asks.
I mean, I try to have my owen Skylanders blog and I think a lot of times, there is so much more I would like to know, but they will not give out all the information anyway.
Don't get me wrong, I am jealous as hell because I would love to visit these events and get some information first hand, but well, we should be happy that Andy get's some information.
And since his focus is not "Skylanders" but "games for families" he already shows a lot.

To GameMaster78's quesions:
1: Do each of the Skylanders still unlock a Heroic Challenge, including Swap Force Skylanders? - I am pretty sure, they will not kick out such a beloved part of the franchise.
2: Do Swap Force Skylanders get to purchase new abilities like every other Skylander? - I heared somewhere they will and you update both, top and bottom. I think it shows.
In the trailer for in game, the tenticales of Wash Buckler shot inc, which they were not doing in the preview demo of the event.
3: Are Feats of Strength still in the game, in order to give the Giants something to do? - I would bet not, since the Giants are just optional. New players should not need to buy figures of the "old game".
4: Are there new Adventure Packs and Magical Items slated for release alongside Swap Force? - Remembering how long it took to find out about Battle Packs, they will keep this information sealed for now smilie
5: If it's no trouble, are you allowed to divulge if the game's length is akin to the first game or the second game? I heared in an interview, they are not sure of the length yet (at least, that is what the guy in the vid said something like that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcDwxWKrtjY
6: When will more of the Skylanders from Swap Force be revealed to the public? - A good bet would be Toy Fair next week. And they will never tell us more... Did not with Spyro or Giants. And I think, it is kind of the fun to never know exactly when you get something.
7: Is the Skylanders series ever moving to the Playstation Vita? - Good quesion... I bet their answer would be: We can not say anything to that yet.
8: Will the Skylanders be able to break their capped stats from Giants, in Swap Force? - Or in general what is the level to get to in Swap Force?

I do not not support this threat btw. I think someone who loves Skylanders as much as GameMaster78 would deserve this. But on the other hand, there are so many fans...
So if this leads to anything, I would be happy for you! If not, sooner or later we all get to play.
This is something to look forward too smilie
---
Okay, I'm quitting the soda.
http://skylandersportalmaster.blogspot.de/
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#66 Posted: 15:31:55 07/02/2013
Quote: charon13

I do not not support this threat btw. I think someone who loves Skylanders as much as GameMaster78 would deserve this. But on the other hand, there are so many fans...
So if this leads to anything, I would be happy for you! If not, sooner or later we all get to play.
This is something to look forward too smilie

I also do not support this thread. Gamesmaster is good at what he does (collecting and playing games) but he is not a journalist and also has this little tenancy to throw a tantrum when he can't have special figures (Chrome Spyro, Employee Prism Break and the recent Ninjini episodes, anyone remember them?). Anyone beginning in Journalism (like any industry) would end up at the bottom of the pile and would spend months, even years working up to juicy stories like being the first to see X game in action.

Family Gamer is just that, a family gamer. He asks questions that family gamers (ie kiddies and parents of kiddies) want to know. Perhaps it might be worth asking if he would take questions from the fans for future interviews instead of just bashing the crap out of everything does?
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#67 Posted: 17:10:14 07/02/2013
All penguins and I agree with this.

This is how all penguins would be.
[User Posted Image]
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#68 Posted: 17:34:11 07/02/2013
I know interviewers are probably told what to and to not ask, but the point stands. Andy is a lucky person for even getting to step foot into that office, shake hands, and just take in all of the Skylanders goodness.

I know it's a part of his job, but us fans can dream, right?

Ever since this game came out, I told myself, "If I never wanted to be a screenwriter, I would love to help sell and market Skylanders for Activision."

I swear I am not tooting my own horn here, as I am just giving examples of how I easily sell copies of this game to customers. It got the attention of TRU, who were told by customers, "You should bring this guy on. He knows a lot about this." They responded, "We would like to." I did ask a lady I know up there about Christmas time jobs to make a little extra money. She said she would hire me in an instant, and knows exactly where to put me. I didn't end up taking the job, but she said I would probably be made a non-temp after Christmas, just because of how easy it is for me to sell Skylanders.

Everytime I walk into a TRU, I go to the Skylander section asap. It's almost as if I belong there. That section feels like a second home. I don't know why, either. It just feels right. Anyhow, I'll be browsing the Skylanders merch, and someone will walk up. I hear them talking, but they seem confused. I butt in and give them info, and they end up leaving with a Starter Pack (or two), and a couple of Triple, Single, or Battle Packs.

I quickly inform them that Giants is a direct continuation of the story from the first game, and 90% of the time, the customer picks up a copy of the first game, whereas they were only there to pick up the second game.

There's something to being a salesman that is needed before it works. Not everyone, in my eyes, can do it. You have to be enthusiasm behind selling. You can't just be like *sighs* "Skylanders is a cool game." *sighs* "Please buy it." For some reason, anytime I've helped to sell copies of this game, I get really excited. I end up acting like a kid in a candy store, and maybe that's what the customers are seeing. Someone who is equally as excited to see a customer leave with a copy of Skylanders, as the customer is excited to give it a try.

I think you have to love doing something, before you can do it effectively. For some reason, I love trying to sell this game to customers, despite not working at the stores I have sold copies at, while browsing. It can sell itself based on the commercials that the kids see. However, there are adults out there who are genuinely curious themselves. To those people, I simply say, "Did you ever grow up playing games in the arcades?" They would say, "Oh, yeah." I then say, "Do you ever remember Gauntlet?" They say, "Yeah, I used to play that game, and Robotron." I say, "This game is Gauntlet on crack. Gauntlet Legends to be precise." They say, "REALLY?!" I say, "Yep. Except, replace the Red Wizard, Dwarf, Elf, and Warrior with 48 unique characters, all with different moves and stats, and you have a game that feels like an old arcade game, but with added depth." BAM! Sold.

They start asking me what they need. I tell them, "The game can be completed with the Starter Pack figures alone, but if you want to see what every level has to offer, you need at least one character in every element, as there are elemental zones that can only be accessed by certain elements. Behind those gates are treasure chests, hats that boost the stats of the Skylander that wears it, or Soul Gems, which allow Skylanders to buy an additional ability." They then ask, "What do you recommend?" By this time, I have their complete attention. I start rattling off my personal favorite, while again, acting very excited, body movement and all. I first tell them that "Every character is worth owning, because they unlock mini-levels called Heroic Challenges. These levels give each Skylander that undertakes it permanent stat boosts in Armor, Speed, Critical Hit, or Elemental Power." I then say, "However, if money is tight, these things will always be around for when you want to buy one on a rainy day, where you find yourself playing the game." I then tell them my favorite Skylanders and why.

It's all a process, but I have done it numerous times, and would love to do it more. I wish I could do it on a professional level, through Activision. I sometimes sit back, looking at my collection, and think about how cool it would be to attend Toy Fair or E3 and show those who walk up to the Skylanders booth, why THEY need to experience this franchise. I have seriously turned the biggest skeptics of this game, into a customer. A friend of mine never gave a single thought to Skylanders. He hates the newer generations of gaming and prefers the 8 and 16-bit eras. However, one day, I gave him a copy of both games. I said to him, "Look, I won't force you to play it. I won't hound you to play it. If you get some time, and want to try it out, give it a try. See if you like it." I gave him each of the 8 dragons, as he loved the look and theme of the dragons, as he loves fantasy. I found out that he beat Giants, whereas he has hundreds of games he hasn't beat. He sent me a text not too long ago, showing me that he grabbed himself a Flashwing from a local store. Skeptic turned customer, just like that.

Anytime I go to his house, he has the dragons on display next to his room full of Transformers, but before I came into the picture, he would only pass the game in stores and blow it off as a gimmick. Now he's buying Skylander figures for himself, and I think it's awesome.

Sorry for the rambling, but again, I get excited at the prospect of getting Skylanders into the hands of more people, especially skeptics. If they only knew how fun the game was, then the word of mouth would spread more and more, and this franchise can keep growing and growing each year.

EDIT: Oh, and Buzz. I was disappointed by the Chrome Spyro being hard to get. All humans have the right to feel disappointment, while others blow the actions of others out of proportions. I "NEVER" once got mad at all about Employee Break. That's a blatant lie, and if you can prove that I did, by all means, show everyone I got mad. I didn't get mad about Employee Break, because the same day he was mentioned around the Skylanders fandom, I was already asked if I wanted one by a friend at Activision. How can I get mad - not that I would have anyway because my stance on variants at the time was that I didn't care anymore - when I was offered one the very same day most of us found out about him?

My disappointment with Ninjini is shared with others. We are all disappointed by not being able to get her. That's our right as humans.

Journalism isn't rocket science by any stretch of the mind. If you're a people person, it's probably one of the easiest jobs in the world. Heck, my cousin Rick Kirkham, who has a documentary about drug addiction called "T.V. Junkie" was a journalist and anchor for Inside Edition. At the same time, no one knew he was an avid drug addict. He even interviewed President Bush (senior) while on drugs and no one could even tell. He is a people person. He is no longer into drugs and tries to help those who have a drug problem, get away from it, through his documentaries. Point is, if a journalist can do a great job while on drugs, you know the job isn't hard.

Not to discredit Andy, really. I just think the man is lucky to even get to step foot in the TFB offices. He is loyal to all things gaming, as he really seemed excited about Infinity. I am loyal to TFB and Skylanders, as are others here. Again, it's all about dreaming. Nothing wrong with dreaming of a day you might get to meet the masterminds behind one of the 7th generation of gaming's masterpieces.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:44:23 07/02/2013 by GameMaster78
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#69 Posted: 19:11:09 07/02/2013
This question might be too simple...but...Did you ever approach activision/Toys for Bob or any of the other companies involved with marketing this game about this? Cuz it sounds like you've given it a LOT of thought seeing that one little thread about the possibility has brought a novel out of you.

If you want something, ya gotta go get it fella.

On that note, I support somebody so supportive of this game being given an opportunity to help, if one is available. If I was you GM78, I would be all over any postings/listings etc about job opportunities in this department on all levels with these companies. Send some resumes as well. Include some of your commentary here in a well-prepared cover letter. See where it takes you. And if you have a connection (possible since you're so involved with the game) see if that can help you in the door as well.
---
Here we go again...!
#70 Posted: 19:21:55 07/02/2013
I never went to school for marketing and whatnot, only screenwriting.

I don't think marketing something really requires a degree, if you have a knack for it. I know if I ever had an oppurtunity to fly out to places in order to demo each new Skylanders game, or even be present at E3 or Toy Fair as an adult fan who can educate adults about how fun this series truly is, it would be an honor.

Sort of like ActiBob's way of saying, "Look, here is a real fan who can sit here and tell you everything you need to know." That kind of shows skeptics, future customers, or the resident curious that they aren't trying to sell something, but rather a fan was willing to go to great lengths to get the word out.

I wouldn't mind reaching out, but I wouldn't know where to start. In screenwriting, it's all about sending query letters to agents, in hopes of them reading your material based on a logline and synopsis. Trying to get into some form of work at ActiBob, in order to help them promote Skylanders - whether here in my city or nation/worldwide - is something that may beg the question, "Do you have any prior experience in this profession?" All I could tell them is, I've sold a lot of copies of this game, and I don't even work at any of those retail stores. I can then say, "Well, I have sold plenty of cars to customers at my parents' carlot." Again, not tooting my own horn, but there are 2 things I am really good at, which are screenwriting and selling things to others.

How cool would it be, to stand for hours at any Skylanders booth, telling and showing people why they absolutely must own the Skylander games and figures.
---
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#71 Posted: 19:26:08 07/02/2013
Bring me Geekdad's head!
---
Eggs
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#72 Posted: 19:30:24 07/02/2013
GM78, if you ever get that job and I ****in hope you do, don't forget Darkspyro here so you can tell us the secrets!
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#73 Posted: 19:31:13 07/02/2013
Quote: jet-vac6000
Bring me Geekdad's head!

azog quote?
orcface777 Red Sparx Gems: 98
#74 Posted: 19:44:38 07/02/2013
As someone who reads and watches ALOT of toy reviews, I say this is a great idea. The one thing keeping Skylanders from having more exposure in the adult collecting market is a lack of passionate reviewers who understand the toy market, and can "speak the language" if you will.
SkyDude Blue Sparx Gems: 621
#75 Posted: 19:47:27 07/02/2013
You have my support
---
Join my Granite Crusher Fan Club tryin to get at least 50 members //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=61597
#76 Posted: 19:58:22 07/02/2013
Quote: SkylandersBoy
GM78, if you ever get that job and I ****in hope you do, don't forget Darkspyro here so you can tell us the secrets!

I never let anything get to my head. Infact, one of the reasons I want the money that comes with screenwriting, is not to boast about it, but rather to help my fellow humans out, if they are in need.

Why live life not helping one another? There is no point to life if we all do things alone without being social. You only live once.

IF I ever had this kind of dream job, to go around marketing Skylanders, I would never forget anything I've done before. I mean look at Chris. He posts here. In the end, we are all human beings. We were all born, no matter what status we are in life. We all share the same ending. No matter what I do in life (if it's screenwriting and no Skylanders show has been made, by God I'm going to pitch a pilot), I am no better than anyone else.

A lot of you are crediting me with knowing a lot about Skylanders. I would say I, as well as others here do know a lot more than others, but if it ever landed me a job by some miracle, I will never be too good for ANY human out there. Us humans make money to live, while some do so while doing the things they enjoy - for example Toys for Bob staff working in the gaming and toy industry while putting food on the table.
---
BlazeHeatnix28 Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#77 Posted: 23:08:02 07/02/2013
@GameMaster78

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe so many people here know of the series. That movie plot sounds pretty darn interesting. I like how you end off with X5 as opposed to Command Mission(Though that means I'd still be dead....). I told X and Zero about it, and they loved it! Here's hoping Capcom will make our wishes come true one day.

Also, do you know where I can get D-Arts X and Zero(2nd version, I dislike the first one) for a reasonable price?
---
Awesome Shadow The Hedgehog & Ahsoka Tano avatar by the equally awesome Ace Archdragon!!!!
"I can handle anything."-Ahsoka Tano (SW TCW Ssn.3 Ep.21)
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#78 Posted: 23:56:42 07/02/2013
[User Posted Image]

Snvy= FG
Scraggy= You
Vine= Activision

DISREGARD THE NOOD PART, THIS WAS THE BEST I COULD FIND.

But together, we can beat that vine
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#79 Posted: 00:45:36 08/02/2013
Gamemaster has my greatest support I ever gave
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
#80 Posted: 00:51:07 08/02/2013
Quote: BlazeHeatnix28
@GameMaster78

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe so many people here know of the series. That movie plot sounds pretty darn interesting. I like how you end off with X5 as opposed to Command Mission(Though that means I'd still be dead....). I told X and Zero about it, and they loved it! Here's hoping Capcom will make our wishes come true one day.

Also, do you know where I can get D-Arts X and Zero(2nd version, I dislike the first one) for a reasonable price?

They will be reissuing D-Arts Mega Man X in May, so I wouldn't pass up on him if you missed him the first time.

No clue about Zero (Type-2), but I got mine from BBTS.com. Pretty good website for toys.

Here is a link to their Vile -

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/...231&mode=retail

Reissue of X -

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/...911&mode=retail

And Zero is sold out apparently. However, I bet it's reissued as well.

They do have Mega Man, complete with Rush and a Met, though -

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/...676&mode=retail

And they are taking reserves on Bass and Treble -

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/...961&mode=retail
---
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#81 Posted: 01:03:21 08/02/2013
GM78 ever consider a MOD for Activision, mainly for support, advertisement or sales? since you know very well the lore of Skylanders how bout submitting stuff for the next game? id support you on this but you got show the big Acti that your worth hiring or keeping in their company.

if not start small make a blog, vlogs(youtube) and streams(twitch) everything about skylanders smilie alot of avid gamer fans got recognized and got sponsorship from big companies doing this. even some got hired by the developer for player testing due their knowledge about the game and input for gameplay improvement.

hope you do well in which ever you go tho... keep it up and GL mate!
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#82 Posted: 01:39:26 08/02/2013

My disappointment with Ninjini is shared with others. We are all disappointed by not being able to get her. That's our right as humans.

Speak for yourself, not for all of us.
#83 Posted: 02:39:32 08/02/2013
Fleija, I do have an account on Youtube. I originally was going to do game playthroughs for all of my games. However, I quickly switched it to Skylanders.

I plan on making lots of videos for my channel, and if people enjoy it enough, maybe I will get noticed. I used to only want to be a screenwriter, and I still do. However, if Activision/TFB ever asked me if I wanted a job dealing with Skylanders - for whatever period of time it exists which is hopefully forever hahaha - I wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

I have some things planned. I just need to find ample lighting for my sometimes dark house, so when I record with a camera, it won't appear dark, when I do figure reviews, unboxings, or video entries each time I bring each new game home and the figures.

I guess I will have to see where the road takes me. I do know a little more about this game than I should. I can list upgrade paths off the top of my head. I can list damage outputs of characters after fully upgraded, and I know strategies for the game to help people meet time goals, or finish tough Heroics much faster.

You all will see. smilie
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#84 Posted: 02:43:29 08/02/2013
I support this, I find Family Gamer rather boring, and all the stuff he gets he quickly shows a clip of it and the video is over.

*cough* Disney Infinty and Swap Force *cough*
#85 Posted: 04:20:02 08/02/2013
Collection videos.
---
cry baby, I am
#86 Posted: 04:27:09 08/02/2013
Oh, yeah. I plan on all kinds of live video blogs of my collection and merchandise Skylanders related.
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#87 Posted: 04:34:20 08/02/2013
I also support this thread.

<signed>
exosquad
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8495
#88 Posted: 04:40:24 08/02/2013
Think about the views you could get if you put your collection on youtube.
#89 Posted: 05:00:18 08/02/2013
Quote: somePerson
Think about the views you could get if you put your collection on youtube.

makin the moneys, like the wumbo
except a lot more if it works
---
cry baby, I am
mxzx800ho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1101
#90 Posted: 05:00:19 08/02/2013
How about a SG poster signed by all the TFB employees http://s1324.beta.photobucket....cf9a38.jpg.html
---
I have Frightrider and Rattle shake Fritolay figures for trade for rares
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:17:08 08/02/2013 by mxzx800ho
LiliButts Red Sparx Gems: 91
#91 Posted: 06:45:32 08/02/2013
Honestly the only way to go about this is making a youtube channel. If you're good enough, people will notice you and you'll build a fan base. You need to start at the bottom and work to the top. Not just get people to sign petitions. I know this wasnt your idea. But im aiming that at the person making this thread. If people like you, you'll go far and get noticed as i said, you'll get noticed by activision, or you can crash and burn. But there's no harm in trying to at least. Make videos, make videos about everything, get your name out there.
charon13 Green Sparx Gems: 263
#92 Posted: 09:03:09 08/02/2013
"Point is, if a journalist can do a great job while on drugs, you know the job isn't hard."

"I don't think marketing something really requires a degree, if you have a knack for it."

I am sorry, I really have nothing against you, but this is just a real insult to all people working in marketing. As you said, you have no experience or education in this field and marketing is a lot more than convining people to buy something. I have a degree in marketing and as soon as you come to things like budgeting you will wish you have an education.

To your disappointment about Ninjini: You can travel to New York if it is that important to you. And you will get Ninjini in the end.
Isn't it nice of Activision to give fans something special for the event?

And I also think that if you got your plans in action doing an amazing, high quality youtube chanel, you will get attention. But you won't get it for saying what you plan and how awesome it will be.
---
Okay, I'm quitting the soda.
http://skylandersportalmaster.blogspot.de/
#93 Posted: 10:26:29 08/02/2013
"Point is, if a journalist can do a great job while on drugs, you know the job isn't hard."

"I don't think marketing something really requires a degree, if you have a knack for it."

I am sorry, I really have nothing against you, but this is just a real insult to all people working in marketing. As you said, you have no experience or education in this field and marketing is a lot more than convining people to buy something. I have a degree in marketing and as soon as you come to things like budgeting you will wish you have an education.

And I also think that if you got your plans in action doing an amazing, high quality youtube chanel, you will get attention. But you won't get it for saying what you plan and how awesome it will be.

^this
You have also basically said the same thing about scriptwriting. That's 3 different professions you claim don't require special education or training. I have a degree in film production and have worked in Hollywood. Scriptwriting isn't just about having a good story in your head or even just about writing it down. Scripts have a structure and a format that is expected to be followed. Storytelling requires skill and practice. Getting a script sold requires determination, perseverance and a very thick skin. Sure it happens that some guy in Iowa writes a spec script that sells and gets made into a movie, but since only 10% of all sold scripts every get made, it's more like that guy from Iowa won't really have a shot until he has moved to L.A., gotten an agent and started working in the industry, being a script supervisor on shorts or working as a P.A. on a no-budget schlock feature. The joke in Hollywood is that every cabbie and every busboy has a script they've written, and it's actually mostly true. A good script isn't enough. Not even a great one usually. Without the connections (an agent, people in the industry) it just isn't going to happen.

You seem like a nice enough fellow, but please stop disparaging other people's actual jobs as not requiring any effort.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#94 Posted: 11:33:59 08/02/2013
Petititions never work, but it doesn't hurt to try I suppose.

Quote: joerox123
[Aweshum pic]

Snvy= FG
Scraggy= You
Vine= Activision

DISREGARD THE NOOD PART, THIS WAS THE BEST I COULD FIND.

But together, we can beat that vine

Best post in this toopic.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#95 Posted: 11:44:17 08/02/2013
GameMaster, I'm sure if you told us what your channel is you'd go up by at least 50 subscribers in a day xD
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#96 Posted: 13:44:21 08/02/2013
Fleija, I do have an account on Youtube. I originally was going to do game playthroughs for all of my games. However, I quickly switched it to Skylanders.

I plan on making lots of videos for my channel, and if people enjoy it enough, maybe I will get noticed. I used to only want to be a screenwriter, and I still do. However, if Activision/TFB ever asked me if I wanted a job dealing with Skylanders - for whatever period of time it exists which is hopefully forever hahaha - I wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

I have some things planned. I just need to find ample lighting for my sometimes dark house, so when I record with a camera, it won't appear dark, when I do figure reviews, unboxings, or video entries each time I bring each new game home and the figures.

I guess I will have to see where the road takes me. I do know a little more about this game than I should. I can list upgrade paths off the top of my head. I can list damage outputs of characters after fully upgraded, and I know strategies for the game to help people meet time goals, or finish tough Heroics much faster.

You all will see. smilie

why not get a decent computer and find a decent software for gameplays recording smilie this is better rather than camera set up. even your standard HD web cam is good enough just for unboxing purposes.
have you tried writing a lore about skylanders and submitting it to TFB for them to look at? plot in mind for the next game? cud be worth a shot to get noticed also.....

show those gameplays, walkthroughs and tactics to your fans and you will be adored more. remember more views on youtube or twitch and you will get paid set aside from exposure to media and if you get popular enough get sponsored by big companies smilie GL mate!
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#97 Posted: 14:56:59 08/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream

^this
You have also basically said the same thing about scriptwriting. That's 3 different professions you claim don't require special education or training. I have a degree in film production and have worked in Hollywood. Scriptwriting isn't just about having a good story in your head or even just about writing it down. Scripts have a structure and a format that is expected to be followed. Storytelling requires skill and practice. Getting a script sold requires determination, perseverance and a very thick skin. Sure it happens that some guy in Iowa writes a spec script that sells and gets made into a movie, but since only 10% of all sold scripts every get made, it's more like that guy from Iowa won't really have a shot until he has moved to L.A., gotten an agent and started working in the industry, being a script supervisor on shorts or working as a P.A. on a no-budget schlock feature. The joke in Hollywood is that every cabbie and every busboy has a script they've written, and it's actually mostly true. A good script isn't enough. Not even a great one usually. Without the connections (an agent, people in the industry) it just isn't going to happen.

You seem like a nice enough fellow, but please stop disparaging other people's actual jobs as not requiring any effort.

Actually, here's the deal. My cousin got on TV, for inside edition, despite only going to broadcasting school. He didn't even finish it from what I've been told.

There are professions that are easier than others out there. Want to develop video games, well then be prepared for years and years of C++. That's not something you can just pick up and make something of so easily.

However, screenwriting I picked up 3 years before I even took a class for it, off of the internet. Anyone can learn how to write a script. It truly isn't hard at all. It's probably the easiest way to write. Once I took this class, the class read my script. They all liked it. The teacher, at the end of the class one day, gave me some advice. She said, "You don't even seem to need this class." I had learned the entire format off of the internet. However, it's truly easy, I can't stress that enough. I guess the only hard part, would be if people have an imagination. I would think all of us humans have an imagination. If so, anyone could be a screenwriter, if they felt the need to express their creativity.

Quote: fireofexile
GameMaster, I'm sure if you told us what your channel is you'd go up by at least 50 subscribers in a day xD

I would love to, and people will probably know after I link to my only video below, but I always feel bad when I check my email and find out I have new subscribers, despite only having one video I intended to show Activision Assist, in hopes of getting the game patched due to a glitch on Dragon's Peak. You will see the link below.

Quote: FLEIJA

You all will see. smilie

why not get a decent computer and find a decent software for gameplays recording smilie this is better rather than camera set up. even your standard HD web cam is good enough just for unboxing purposes.
have you tried writing a lore about skylanders and submitting it to TFB for them to look at? plot in mind for the next game? cud be worth a shot to get noticed also.....

show those gameplays, walkthroughs and tactics to your fans and you will be adored more. remember more views on youtube or twitch and you will get paid set aside from exposure to media and if you get popular enough get sponsored by big companies smilie GL mate!

Like I stated above, I do infact have softward to record gameplay. I bought it at a local Hastings, and it gets the job done. I had recorded my first video, with commentary, and put it up on Youtube. I was originally making it so I could send a link to Activision Assist, in order to see if they could tell the right party that the game is glitched.

But I keep telling my subscribers to bear with me, as I was trying to finish a movie before getting into my channel. Now that I am done with my movie, I have more time for the channel now. I will start doing videos very shortly, and hopefully everyone enjoys what I have to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFcp3FFN6hQ
---
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#98 Posted: 15:26:12 08/02/2013
You've got my support GM78.

The thing is, who needs to see all of this support? Are Activision PR people looking at this forum?
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#99 Posted: 16:02:15 08/02/2013
GM, I'm curious. Have you read a lot of scripts? have you entered script writing contests with your scripts and gotten feedback from other writers? If the teacher said that, then I can see why you'd think what you do, because that isn't a very good teacher then. You should be able to learn something from every class.

If it truly were so easy, I have lots of aspiring scriptwriter friends who would all be employed writing scripts and having them produced. But of course, they aren't. My scripts have been well reviewed by industry professionals and I've even had prodcos interested in one, but as of yet, no deals in the making. As I said. following the format is just the first step and no, it's not a difficult one. Hell, Final Draft or Movie Magic Screen Writer will make sure you have the correct indentations and page numbering, but they can't really make sure your inciting incident happens around page 30 or that your protagonist has a low point at page 90 or that you have an actual antagonist who challenges the hero. Those require another human to evaluate and decide if it is being done well.

Anyone can write a script just like anyone can paint. Doing it well is an art though. And even then, writing a compelling story and getting the right people to read it and want to make it is the really hard part. It's not the same skill set as coding a video game, but it is a learned skill set and not everyone can do it.
---
#100 Posted: 20:15:55 08/02/2013
Yeah, I've gotten feedback, and I even almost landed my script on a screenwriter's market that is viewed by studio execs and agents, but on one fateful day in 2009, my grandmother was ran over while washing her car, by a 12 year old whose step dad let her drive. She wasn't slated to live, but she made a somewhat full recovery. I am very close to my grandmother, so that threw me out of whack.

I've been told my work feels like Stephen King (although he doesn't make action/adventure movies), while the people who read my script in order to put it on a marketplace, asked me to change a few scenes, but otherwise it was a rally great script.

I have no doubt about my talents as a screenwriter. I have lots of crazy ideas. Two of those ideas are already on paper, so now I have time to focus on working up my Skylanders Channel on Youtube.

You do have to have the knack for storytelling, and creating characters isn't always easy. When I mentioned screenwriting was easy, I meant the screenplay format is easy, especially if you work with programs like Final Cut or Movie Magic Screenwriter.
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me