darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > female characters get left out... again
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
female characters get left out... again [CLOSED]
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#51 Posted: 01:50:59 11/02/2013
To be honest, you cant compare japanese games to american games. In america, they cater to the males because the ratio of males to females playing video games are a lot higher. Its always beem like that. In japan, even though the characters are female, it still cater to males because of fan service. In america we do have female characters but also notice the costumes that reveal a lot of T & A. So unless you're into the cutesy games made kids, female characters will exist but in a way men like.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#52 Posted: 02:46:52 11/02/2013
Well Dragons Dream, there is approx. a 1 to 6 ratio of female to male characters but that is probably the same gender ratio of the people that play this game. Now most of my favorite characters are the female characters, because if they are only going to make 9 characters that are female they have to ensure they make them badass, because if they were to make them weak or foolish then there would be real sexist problems. So instead there is an over compensation in making the female characters enjoyable characters for anyone to play so that they can draw in the female gender into playing this game. This of course means that they end up being great characters while you have 39 "male" characters where at least half of those characters are boring, weak, or just plain suck. There are probably as many "great" male characters as there are female characters in the game, so don't be hurt just enjoy that fact that the girls they give you and all of us rock.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#53 Posted: 02:56:50 11/02/2013
I believe that there will be 0 SWAP Froce skylanders. There may be a few of the core 'landers that are female.

The thought of a female/male skylander. Just a little odd.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me