darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Adventure packs with an actual new adventure?
Page 1 of 1
Adventure packs with an actual new adventure? [CLOSED]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#1 Posted: 03:27:27 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
As you know, the adventure packs from SSA, when used in Giants unlocked the EXACT same adventure in the game from SSA. Do YOU think that they will have the same adventure or a new one, when used in SSF? I personally think they will unlock a new adventure.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:57:47 06/02/2013 by HeyitsHotDog
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2 Posted: 03:36:08 06/02/2013
Grammatical use of words in the title....
Adventure Packs with aN actually new adventure?
Sorry for sounding like a grammar nazi, I just don't like grammar or spelling misuse or errors

But any who, I can't wait to see what it is that AP will do in SF, but, there is only an 8 month long wait to find out.....
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#3 Posted: 03:57:24 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Oops, sorry about that, just a little mistake!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#4 Posted: 05:20:25 06/02/2013
id be surprised if there is a new adventure, unless they re release the same adventure packs for everyone else, otherwise they are developing new software for an old and no longer available toy. id be curious if the giants battle arenas (from the golden/silver cannon etc) unlock in SSF.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:21:00 06/02/2013 by IJJusion
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#5 Posted: 14:49:09 06/02/2013
I would think that the magic items might be usable in game to unleash their attacks, but that the unlockable levels will be left out.

Of course, if that is true, then would would the Volcanic Vault do?
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#6 Posted: 14:53:46 06/02/2013
I would think they have basically locked themselves into those toys unlocking the same levels every game. So long as they promise that old toys will still work, the your Empire of Ice will still unlock in SSF, maybe with a graphics upgrade, but basically the same adventure. Same with the arenas. If they didn't, people would say they are lying about being able to use old toys.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 14:57:28 06/02/2013
Wasn't it confirmed that both LPs and MIs work in Swap Force?

I REALLY hope we get new ones because we have a brand new engine. If not, they NEED to be fixed up- they played far worse in Giants, with empty areas, glitches, and lack of ability to skip most dialog.
I don't care much though... The current APLs besides Darklight stink anyway, so I'll never play them beyond completion purposes if they're the same.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#8 Posted: 14:57:43 06/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
I would think they have basically locked themselves into those toys unlocking the same levels every game. So long as they promise that old toys will still work, the your Empire of Ice will still unlock in SSF, maybe with a graphics upgrade, but basically the same adventure. Same with the arenas. If they didn't, people would say they are lying about being able to use old toys.

^ This.

Though I could easily see them saying so long as the game piece still functions as a timed amount of falling damage of whatever type it is, they can claim it technically "still works".
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#9 Posted: 14:58:10 06/02/2013

I don't think so. Being able to use the Empire of Ice figure in Skylanders Giants didn't mean that they had to copy and paste the levels from the first game. All the content is on the disc and as such is only accessed by the figure that you put on the portal. They could've made new levels for each adventure set and call them the same as they were in the original game. I would say that it was Activision's fault that they didn't, thanks to the 1 year turnaround.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#10 Posted: 15:03:19 06/02/2013
Quote: kiz3000

I don't think so. Being able to use the Empire of Ice figure in Skylanders Giants didn't mean that they had to copy and paste the levels from the first game. All the content is on the disc and as such is only accessed by the figure that you put on the portal. They could've made new levels for each adventure set and call them the same as they were in the original game. I would say that it was Activision's fault that they didn't, thanks to the 1 year turnaround.

This. The LPs basically unlock a "name", not add onto the disc. All they needed to do was make the "name" for each piece unlock a new level. In fact, data is never written to them, the disc notices that Empire of Ice unlocks "name_Empire" and just does the action needed- either unlocking the level or using the blast.
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#11 Posted: 15:09:06 06/02/2013
they should come up with some swappable adventure packs. Where you swap the starting point and the end boss like swapping the tops and legs of the swap force characters. Just have an icon that has a top and a bottom half.

That would really add to the replayability. even if you only had three adventure packs that would add 36 potential levels...
sorry i get ahead of myself sometimes
DarkPr1nce Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#12 Posted: 15:09:45 06/02/2013
Quote:
I would think they have basically locked themselves into those toys unlocking the same levels every game. So long as they promise that old toys will still work, the your Empire of Ice will still unlock in SSF, maybe with a graphics upgrade, but basically the same adventure.

I'm thinking the same thing, but I would also go so far as to say that having to include the old levels and upgrade their graphics every time is the reason why we will NEVER see another adventure pack.

As far as new levels for the old toys: don't hold your breath. That one's gonna be a no. Mark my words. Hate to be the negative nancy, but it's the truth.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#13 Posted: 15:10:41 06/02/2013
I get how the pieces work, but are the powers that be going to be willing to make NEW levels for the pieces? Compared to just giving the existing ones a facelift, which is likely far easier and less time consuming regarding programing and code.
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#14 Posted: 15:59:15 06/02/2013
Quote: DarkPr1nce
Quote:
I would think they have basically locked themselves into those toys unlocking the same levels every game. So long as they promise that old toys will still work, the your Empire of Ice will still unlock in SSF, maybe with a graphics upgrade, but basically the same adventure.

I'm thinking the same thing, but I would also go so far as to say that having to include the old levels and upgrade their graphics every time is the reason why we will NEVER see another adventure pack.

As far as new levels for the old toys: don't hold your breath. That one's gonna be a no. Mark my words. Hate to be the negative nancy, but it's the truth.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. They will not be giving out new heroic challenges or anything for players who stick to using older characters. Before Giants came out, there was an interview with a blogger where the developer claimed that each skylander would unlock a new hero challenge. Here is a link to that article and quote:

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2...ility-upgrades/
And specifically this claim:

Quote:
... There is a silver lining though, as Mike highlighted, there is still additional value in Skylanders Giants for the Series 1 figures. “You can level your old Skylanders up to level 15. Kids have a relationship with the old Skylanders and we want them to still be able to use them and have fun with them in the new game and have things to do. You have new hero challenges in the new game from having those old toys.”

By the end of the conversation I was still....

I was really excited to see what all of my S:SA characters might unlock. The answer was a disappointing nothing. Even more disappointingly, the series 2 figures didn't even unlock a new challenge.

I would LIKE it if the adventure packs did something new and fun in each new game, but I don't see that happening.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#15 Posted: 17:03:06 06/02/2013
Hopefully they'll at least change up a few things inside of the level if we're getting a copy paste level again. I'd be nice if they had somewhere in the level where you had to use a particular swapforce figure.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#16 Posted: 17:07:14 06/02/2013
I personally would be fine it they were just magical items in SSF like they could be used as in SG. Then they still have value. I want NEW adventure pack type packs for SF, with 16 new Skylanders and 16 SF Skylanders, they could easily pack a new character into several new APs.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
BenandDaddy Green Sparx Gems: 418
#17 Posted: 18:35:44 06/02/2013
Let's face it, they're going to be the same. They haven't even released new ones for Giants, they just gave us 'battle packs' which are more expensive than the adventure packs and are pants. Wouldn't surprise me if the single figures are £11.99 each and triple packs £30.00.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#18 Posted: 18:37:35 06/02/2013
They should at least have a boss battle in the Dragon's Peak pack, it's the only pack that didn't have a boss.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#19 Posted: 19:34:16 06/02/2013
Well I dont know because they removed some s1 challenges and made new one. i.e. chop chops is now cynders s1 challenge and cynder got a brand new one (for giants) they also removed/changed all the spyro adventure thief challenges due to the giants.

So if the swap force abilities have issues with the old stages we will either

a. See new/altered version of the adventure set lvls
b. they will not include them at all
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#20 Posted: 20:19:46 06/02/2013
In my eyes, outside of a basic "see- your skylanders will work in the game" I would expect them to do absolutely NOTHING to provide additional value to your toy. Why? They want you to buy the 5th repose of course.

I'm seriously amazed that they are actually having to redo each of the characters in this new engine and provide jumping mechanics to them---just doing that one thing is a lot of work if you think about it.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#21 Posted: 00:54:06 07/02/2013
Quote: Cozmo
they should come up with some swappable adventure packs. Where you swap the starting point and the end boss like swapping the tops and legs of the swap force characters. Just have an icon that has a top and a bottom half.

That would really add to the replayability. even if you only had three adventure packs that would add 36 potential levels...
sorry i get ahead of myself sometimes

Woah, woah, woah, 36? What maths got you to that?

3 potential underpieces x 3 potential toppieces = 9
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#22 Posted: 22:49:30 07/02/2013
My maths were wrong. 3x3=9
mastereon909 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#23 Posted: 19:12:42 25/03/2013
There is new packs
---
Citizens of warfang... Congralutions you shall be the first to witness the resurection of the destroyer...and the end of the world-malefor the dark lord
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#24 Posted: 20:43:10 25/03/2013
I’m sorry to say that I’m 98% sure that the level packs won’t unlock ANY full level in Sawp-Force all, let alone a whole new level. Unlike Giants, Swap Force is a whole new engine and you can’t just drop the old assets into the new game, so if they work it’s likely to be as a spell rather than a level unlock.

And, interestingly, even getting the Adventure Packs to work in SG was actually a bit of a happy accident. Having the SSA adventure packs work in Giants wasn’t originally planned, but it turned out that it was much easier than they thought to just transplant the levels over – but they were transplanted, not recreated or remade (which is why it they use the old SSA, unskippable, cut-scene system).
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me