Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Attention Gamemaster [CLOSED]
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#1 Posted: 00:41:59 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Are you planning on buying ALL possible combinations to have on display? Not saying there's anything wrong with that, in fact I'd love to see it. I was just wondering.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#2 Posted: 00:43:53 06/02/2013
I'm laughing so hard
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#3 Posted: 00:52:27 06/02/2013
PM....
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#4 Posted: 07:18:19 06/02/2013
Nope, I'm not going to buy all of them only the ones I like such as Freeze Blade, Magna Charge, and Blast Zone (currently my faves)
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#5 Posted: 07:46:21 06/02/2013
ill collect the 16..nothing more..and then ill get one of each of the new figures, only s3 ones ill get are the ones in 3 packs with new figures and possibly lightcore. either way...ill be poor but happy this christmas smilie
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#6 Posted: 14:10:01 06/02/2013
assuming my wife lets me (she's already talking about jumping off this train, and we just boarded at Xmas) I plan on getting:
the 16 SWAPPERS, 16 newlanders and 16 S3s. No lightcore, no variants. Will probably not get any single packs - 3packs only until the last wave is released just to be sure we don't wind up with unneeded duplicates.

we both tend to be all or nothing types though, so if we start, we're all in.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#7 Posted: 15:03:53 06/02/2013
I am gunning for it, Zook. I do intend to do it, as I think it would be cool to one day display 16 rows of 16 figures, with all 16 combinations.

Until I get a bigger house, all I can do is take pics of them on the floor or something. When I get a bigger house, I can custom tailor a room better for Skylanders. If I get enough to have my dream house built, my game room will so ginormous, that I can have the builders build me a dedicated section for anything Skylanders related that has come out to that time.

It means buying 17 of each Swaplander. 16 to open, 1 to keep sealed. It will be done.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#8 Posted: 17:11:34 06/02/2013
...you are a madman, GameMaster78, a pure madman. But you have my full support. Even if you have to buy 272 Swaplanders.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 17:25:17 06/02/2013
I want the 16 Swap Force and 16 New normal characters
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#10 Posted: 17:57:41 06/02/2013
We already know Wash Buckler and Blast Zone are going to be in the starter with Stealth Elf. Since there is no way to buy the game without the characters and portal this time I don't see them making single packs for theses specific swappers. That means you are looking at 16 starters not counting what you want to play with or have displayed unopened.

As far as the other 14 go, does that mean you'd need 16 packs to do this opened format display 1 more to display unopened, 2 to play with so you can go down both paths and anything you would want for your kids. I can't even imagine trying to walk into a store and get 19+ copies of any specific character. Especially when the swaps look like they will have a SRP of $14 likely to become $15 before launch.

You are a mad man to even consider it GM. You have my respect for this. It is starting to feel like skylanders is specifically targeting collectors like you with this format of the game though.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#11 Posted: 18:02:12 06/02/2013
There are bound to be Legendary and Palette swap variants of the SF characters, so if you REALLY want to display ALL the permutations, it's probably going to be more like 20+ SF characters including in-game variants, so that would be 400+ possible combinations. smilie
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#12 Posted: 18:05:46 06/02/2013
I have so much respect for gm78's collecting dedication.

Btw people who don't want the starter characters, this is the gentleman to talk to about buying the game and portal by itself lol
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#13 Posted: 18:45:13 06/02/2013
Quote: ItsJustMe
We already know Wash Buckler and Blast Zone are going to be in the starter with Stealth Elf. Since there is no way to buy the game without the characters and portal this time I don't see them making single packs for theses specific swappers. That means you are looking at 16 starters not counting what you want to play with or have displayed unopened.

As far as the other 14 go, does that mean you'd need 16 packs to do this opened format display 1 more to display unopened, 2 to play with so you can go down both paths and anything you would want for your kids. I can't even imagine trying to walk into a store and get 19+ copies of any specific character. Especially when the swaps look like they will have a SRP of $14 likely to become $15 before launch.

You are a mad man to even consider it GM. You have my respect for this. It is starting to feel like skylanders is specifically targeting collectors like you with this format of the game though.

Good point about the Starter Packs. I did buy 11 copies of the second game, due to wanting each version of the game with GITD Cynders and portals.

So, what I will most likely end up doing, and this is what I had planned to do with the Swap Force single packs anyway, is buy anything Swap Force related, including multiple Starters, during Buy 1 get 1 sales, or through gifts from others, or gift certificates from places like Best Buy.

Since I will have a total of 16 of each figure opened for display, I will take two of each and level them down each path, if such a thing exists for Swaplanders, but they will still be used to display next to the other 14 of that same character. So, 17 of each will do, 16 to open and display, 1 to keep sealed for future decoration.

My options for all of the extra copies of the Starter Packs, over time, are to sell the games, portal, and Series 3 Stealth Elfs for a cheaper cost.

We also can't forget that these same two Swaplanders might also come inside the 3DS game as well, but I will be buying 3 of those, because we all know another exclusive lander will be in that package.
---
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#14 Posted: 18:48:29 06/02/2013
is a 3ds version even confirmed?
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#15 Posted: 19:03:31 06/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: ItsJustMe

Good point about the Starter Packs. I did buy 11 copies of the second game, due to wanting each version of the game with GITD Cynders and portals.

So, what I will most likely end up doing, and this is what I had planned to do with the Swap Force single packs anyway, is buy anything Swap Force related, including multiple Starters, during Buy 1 get 1 sales, or through gifts from others, or gift certificates from places like Best Buy.

Since I will have a total of 16 of each figure opened for display, I will take two of each and level them down each path, if such a thing exists for Swaplanders, but they will still be used to display next to the other 14 of that same character. So, 17 of each will do, 16 to open and display, 1 to keep sealed for future decoration.

My options for all of the extra copies of the Starter Packs, over time, are to sell the games, portal, and Series 3 Stealth Elfs for a cheaper cost.

We also can't forget that these same two Swaplanders might also come inside the 3DS game as well, but I will be buying 3 of those, because we all know another exclusive lander will be in that package.

I support it as long as it doesn't affect your family in any way other than having a bunch of Skylanders.
---
cry baby, I am
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#16 Posted: 19:13:08 06/02/2013
Yeah I say I won't buy a lot now lol, but I'm still buying series 2 guys that I don't have. I think most people who are still catching up with collecting the figures who started in Giants will be inclined to buy more figures this game. It's bad for me already, I want everything that's been shown so far lol!
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#17 Posted: 19:14:05 06/02/2013
Yeah, what hurt me over this past holiday, is the Wii U. I thought I could handle buying 2 of them.

All of my debt crisis is over with. I am in the clear, and forever should be, especially if I get a movie sold pretty quick.
---
tGrimm Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#18 Posted: 19:25:00 06/02/2013
My hats off to GameMaster78 for his dedication to collecting the game.

A particular statement in this thread I feel is funny:

ItsJustMe wrote:

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, actually believe that a company that has surpassed $500 million in toy sales is now targeting the far and few collectors like GameMaster78? I mean come on? even if there were hundreds of people like him who had to have every one, every combination - it would be but a fraction of their sales.

The game is great, the figures are great - but just like years ago when I collected Star Wars figures or Hot Wheels cars - YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY EVERY SINGLE ONE! - Only true collectors want every possible one - and those people will never be the "target" audience for a company to promote to!
---
Yeah, I'm major OCD - I have them all, every one of them, and most of the easy to find variants. My favorite is Quick Draw Rattle Shake!
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#19 Posted: 19:41:42 06/02/2013
tGrimm,

I was trying to be funny when I said that. It is ludicrous thought to imagine that a video game/toy company is going to market and sell to the ten individuals buying 300 figures over the thousands buying dozens and hundreds of thousands buying a few.

However, GM did at one point have a photo of his collection on the wall of TFB headquarters. This is something a stalkerish behavior on the part of the old developers toward GM. Who's to say the new developers are not above targeting the man also.

In all seriousness a lot of the posters on this site are completists but the game works and is a massive success because you don't have to buy everything it is just an option.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#20 Posted: 19:51:17 06/02/2013
After reading this thread, I have this vision of some guy building a vault behind his house filled with loose Skylanders and he's swimming in it Scrooge McDuck-style.
---
Here we go again...!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#21 Posted: 20:02:49 06/02/2013
I am gunning for it, Zook. I do intend to do it, as I think it would be cool to one day display 16 rows of 16 figures, with all 16 combinations.

Until I get a bigger house, all I can do is take pics of them on the floor or something. When I get a bigger house, I can custom tailor a room better for Skylanders. If I get enough to have my dream house built, my game room will so ginormous, that I can have the builders build me a dedicated section for anything Skylanders related that has come out to that time.

It means buying 17 of each Swaplander. 16 to open, 1 to keep sealed. It will be done.

Let me get this---you're talking about all 256 possibilities? Oh my. Oh Oh my. What's that--$3k ish assuming $10 per?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:04:17 06/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#22 Posted: 20:16:50 06/02/2013
I don't want to think about the price, lol. smilie

I'm just going to do it over time. I won't buy 16 of each on day 1. It will still be 3 of each. Then I will slowly buy them all as I pass by the Skylanders sections every week or so. I will have to wait for sales to do the 16 of each Swap Force, but I know I will have 1 year to get it done, before the next game comes out.

And I still think - at least I want to believe - they have pictures of my collection up on their walls. I think it's cool if they do.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:50 06/02/2013 by GameMaster78
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#23 Posted: 20:18:01 06/02/2013

I wish you luck. This will be no easy task.
---
Bring the Fanta
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#24 Posted: 12:37:12 11/02/2013
with the new revelation that both top & bottom will each have an upgrade path, you'll actually now need 4 of each character just to play all possible paths, unless you just get 2 (one top & bottom do path A and 1 top & bottom do path smilie and swap those as needed.

Wow, the math just got insane, if for each of the 256 Swaplander combos there are 4 different paths possible for them. yikes!
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#25 Posted: 13:22:00 11/02/2013
GM, you need more than 17. What if you wanted to display 16, keep 1 sealed, and get 2 on each upgrade path to play with xD

EDIT: Also, even if you didn't do that, if any swap force variants were made you'd need to buy one more of every other Skylander...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:22:48 11/02/2013 by fireofexile
#26 Posted: 14:37:45 11/02/2013
I mentioned it on another post, but I can't remember where, but I mentioned that as long as I had all 256 variations of swapability on display, I didn't mind if it were through any types of variants (ie Legendary) or regular.

One day I plan on displaying 16 rows of 16. Each row would would be given to 1 Swaplander (ie row 1: Washbuckler and his 15 other forms, row 2: Magna Charge and his 15 other forms, etc).

Now then, each of these figures are going to be leveled before even being displayed. When I buy all 16 to open, I will level all 16 of each Swaplander before swapping parts. So, this allows me to take 2 of my opened 16 Wash Bucklers and have one of the 2 go down path A, and the other will be path B... on both parts of Wash Buckler. That means I will have an A/A and a B/B. Then, what I can do, for the sake of playing A/A, B/B, A/B, B/A, is I will just swap them together. Doing this, means I take the B path Wash Buckler bottom from another Swaplander being displayed with that body, and put it on my path A or B Wash Buckler that's being displayed. Same goes for every other Swaplander.
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#27 Posted: 15:12:37 11/02/2013
I will just buy all 16 Swaplanders and all 16 Newlanders, no Lightcore, no series 3. If there is a Lightcore of a certain new core character, I may get that instead of the regular.

Wow Gamemaster, that's, wow! I wish you good luck!
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#28 Posted: 17:02:43 11/02/2013
Thanks. I will need it. smilie
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#29 Posted: 00:05:48 13/02/2013
The only thing GameMaster is missing is Swap Force characters and that Skylanders bus from earlier last year.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#30 Posted: 00:21:17 13/02/2013
LOL! I saved that pic to my harddrive.
---
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#31 Posted: 02:25:57 13/02/2013
I also forgot that one of the things GameMaster doesn't have is the old poses for the figures. GameMaster would be the ultimate skylander collector if he gets those old poses. smilie
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#32 Posted: 04:07:43 13/02/2013
Who ever confirmed that both top and bottom have there own stat sets?
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#33 Posted: 04:14:43 13/02/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons
I also forgot that one of the things GameMaster doesn't have is the old poses for the figures. GameMaster would be the ultimate skylander collector if he gets those old poses. smilie

If you mean Series 1 figures, I have every Series 1 figure. I'm afraid I don't compute, lol. smilie
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#34 Posted: 05:08:05 13/02/2013

If you mean Series 1 figures, I have every Series 1 figure. I'm afraid I don't compute, lol. smilie

Gamemaster,
When you look at your collection in game, how many does it show up? I have 109 then when you click on the 109 it shows up 112. Does yours show up the same?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:41:47 13/02/2013 by dinoah2005
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#35 Posted: 14:05:40 13/02/2013
Quote: dinoah2005

Gamemaster,
When you look at your collection in game, how many does it show up? I have 109 then when you click on the 109 it shows up 112. Does yours show up the same?

the first number there is your skylanders, and when you click on it the new number includes all your adventure packs, magic spells, and sidekicks mine goes from 20 to 25
#36 Posted: 14:23:36 13/02/2013
Mine shows up 93 with a total of 113, thanks to the addition of Ninjini and Special Hot Head. My save file breaks down like this on Wii U, PS3, and 360.

I think it goes higher on Wii for some reason.

Anyhow, this is how it breaks down for me -

37 SSA
4 Location Items
8 Magical Items
1 Volcanic Vault
4 Sidekicks
8 Giants
8 Newlanders
21 Series 2
5 Lightcore
5 Legendary
4 Ingame Variants
3 Magical Items
GITD Fright Rider
GITD Cynder
GITD Sonic Boom
Amazon Flameslinger
Glitter Hot Head

113 total, but 93 registered Skylanders. I still need to get Stone Zook and Whirlwind, which I should get anytime now.

I've seen people with save files showing in the 100's, which doesn't make sense, unless it counts items on the save file, because the most anyone can get, if their variants aren't glitched, is 100. However, I've seen people with 104 registered Skylanders on someone's save file (ie save file select after clicking story mode).
---
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#37 Posted: 14:37:13 13/02/2013
@GM78 have you tried registering them in your wii????

btw good luck on your SSF OCD hardcore completist edition! please post pics and vlogs smilie
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Dragon Master58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1366
#38 Posted: 22:15:15 13/02/2013
I salute you, sir! Best of luck achieving your goal of getting each combination, can't wait to see what it'll look like smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie - want these swappers the most
I own all figures from first 2 games except S2 Drobot; release him in the UK, Activision!!
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#39 Posted: 22:17:15 13/02/2013
That's one of the biggest wastes of money I've ever heard.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#40 Posted: 00:39:40 14/02/2013
Quote: Trigger Fizz

That you have not yet heard of Kidz Bop
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#41 Posted: 10:07:21 14/02/2013

someones getting jelly. hehe
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Dragon Master58 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1366
#42 Posted: 16:01:05 14/02/2013

Well if he can afford it, I say it's up to him to do what he wants to do with it, as it's his money. He may not see it as a waste, as it's one of his goals to achieve in life, so if he wants to do it, he can, no matter how much of a waste some other people may think it is
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie - want these swappers the most
I own all figures from first 2 games except S2 Drobot; release him in the UK, Activision!!
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#43 Posted: 03:43:57 15/02/2013
Btw Gamesmaster, IF the swaps get priced at $15, that'll be around $3100+ I don't remember the exact number. It was in anpther thread but I'm sure you saw that.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#44 Posted: 04:18:44 15/02/2013
This topic makes me laugh so hard!
---
Dead
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#45 Posted: 04:20:03 15/02/2013 | Topic Creator
If I was rich I'd buy all variants, but I draw the line at buying the same character 16 times! I would still love to see the display, but I wouldn't be the one doing it.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#46 Posted: 04:34:05 15/02/2013
GameMaster78 since there are two swappers in the starter you would have to buy 17 starters to bo what you want! Is that a bit to mutch? Since I'm broke from giants and now we will get even more!
---
Dead
#47 Posted: 15:46:36 15/02/2013
I did buy 12 copies of Giants. I'm sure there will be more Starter Pack exclusives, that tempt me to buy that many, if not more, this year.
---
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#48 Posted: 15:48:07 15/02/2013
sheesh, and i just want the store exclusive chase variants.......
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#49 Posted: 19:23:37 15/02/2013

You're a lunatic... If it's not offensive to ask (and please pardon me if I asked this and got an answer already) would mind telling us all what you do for a living? I'm just dying to know how you can afford to go through with these plans and keep up with necesities, especially in this economy.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#50 Posted: 23:42:49 15/02/2013
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
You're a lunatic... If it's not offensive to ask (and please pardon me if I asked this and got an answer already) would mind telling us all what you do for a living? I'm just dying to know how you can afford to go through with these plans and keep up with necesities, especially in this economy.

He has a lot of disposable income since his costs are low (check out his mancave in the other thread)
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me