darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Am I the only one who hopes this is the last main game?
Page 1 of 1
Am I the only one who hopes this is the last main game? [CLOSED]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 22:30:52 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Because I feel like they have too many figures now.
---
Bring the Fanta
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#2 Posted: 22:32:05 05/02/2013
I hope they make more games. The amount of figures shouldn't matter, since you can still use your favorites if you don't want to buy new ones.
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#3 Posted: 22:33:02 05/02/2013
i actually LIKE the broader range of figures. more to pick from, and you can just choose a few ones that you like without having to go overboard and get them all.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#4 Posted: 22:35:09 05/02/2013
It won't be. Too much money to be had from this.

Enjoy your new cash cow franchise.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#5 Posted: 22:36:46 05/02/2013
The main reason why there's so many figures is that they want to keep giving us reposes of the same character.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#6 Posted: 22:40:14 05/02/2013
I'm hoping they give it a year off after this, or just focus on releasing smaller side games that don't introduce so many god damn figures.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#7 Posted: 22:40:30 05/02/2013
I get new characters, not reposes. I'm into Skylanders, but I'm not that far gone.
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#8 Posted: 22:43:35 05/02/2013
I wouldn't mind if they just released a new game to work with the current portal/figures. But I guess I'll always welcome new Skylanders lol.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#9 Posted: 22:56:08 05/02/2013
I still have 37 more plans to take over Skylands.
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#10 Posted: 23:08:09 05/02/2013
I'd like to see them try a disc-only expansion. Give me a fresh game to play after I've collected all the figures, while giving me a break between "main" games to buy everything I want at my own pace. It'll never happen, but it's something they could do considering that the framework of Skylanders is that it's a platform unto itself.
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#11 Posted: 06:53:54 06/02/2013
I do hope this will be last Skylanders game
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#12 Posted: 06:56:05 06/02/2013
Why would you hope it's the last game? So noone can have a new one? You can stop buying them anytime wether they make a new one or not.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#13 Posted: 06:56:17 06/02/2013
I honestly hope they will make more games, because skylanders is an awesome game and i hate to see this series end after this game
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
James08 Green Sparx Gems: 230
#14 Posted: 07:49:11 06/02/2013
So...

Activision loses fans when MW3 failed, so now they're cashing in on their next biggest hit? Skylanders...

Already three games either out or set to come out, so much money in and made from the game, and it's only two years old. Oh god...

I'll stick to my guns and remain with Bethesda thank you...one elder scrolls game every four or five years (not counting dlc, cod has how many dlc packs now?) Each TES game with a massive world you can literally waste hundreds of hours exploring? Always on the cutting edge of graphics, and supportive of user/fan creations.

I might get a couple of S3...but not much. I kinda hope that activision kills the series after this. Releasing a new game every year doesn't sit well with fans...already CoD and Guitar Hero have died because of that. Heck, even 343 Industries/Bungie doesn't do that with Halo. They just make a Halo webseries that is a-mazing (I'm referring to Forward Unto Dawn.)

Anyway, I agree. I hope that this is the last game, period. At least for two or three years. Let SSA and SG sit in for awhile before you throw in more.

Just like the big eating rule, you wolf your food down all at once, you get sick. Take your time eating, let your stomach catch up.
---
"A Nord's last thoughts...should be of home..."
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#15 Posted: 08:06:33 06/02/2013
if this was the last one then all the figures we have would become a space waster (well..soon after completing the latest one) i want more! more! more!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#16 Posted: 09:01:30 06/02/2013
Quote: James08
So...

Activision loses fans when MW3 failed, so now they're cashing in on their next biggest hit? Skylanders...

Already three games either out or set to come out, so much money in and made from the game, and it's only two years old. Oh god...

I'll stick to my guns and remain with Bethesda thank you...one elder scrolls game every four or five years (not counting dlc, cod has how many dlc packs now?) Each TES game with a massive world you can literally waste hundreds of hours exploring? Always on the cutting edge of graphics, and supportive of user/fan creations.

I might get a couple of S3...but not much. I kinda hope that activision kills the series after this. Releasing a new game every year doesn't sit well with fans...already CoD and Guitar Hero have died because of that. Heck, even 343 Industries/Bungie doesn't do that with Halo. They just make a Halo webseries that is a-mazing (I'm referring to Forward Unto Dawn.)

Anyway, I agree. I hope that this is the last game, period. At least for two or three years. Let SSA and SG sit in for awhile before you throw in more.

Just like the big eating rule, you wolf your food down all at once, you get sick. Take your time eating, let your stomach catch up.

they can keep on forever... they make small changes to every game each year... this time 'jumping' is the big thing. next time you will be able to walk up ladders etc etc... and using new graphic engine. online gaming that will be a big game changer so they hold it back until they have sucked the skylanders series dry, then they can have something fresh and new to show when they need.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#17 Posted: 09:10:33 06/02/2013
I havent posted here in a long while. The announcement of Swap-Force has pulled me out of the depths though. We'll see how long it lasts.

Regarding the game though and its "last" installment.

I personally really like the game. It gives me some flashbacks in its game design to old games like Gauntlet Dark Legacy, with its simple hack and slash role playing design. It's also the first game I've really been able to sit down and play with my wife. I wouldn't mind it sticking around for awhile, though a constant yearly release schedule does worry me in a few aspects.

1) Eventually parents are going to burn out from shelling out the yearly fees to the cash cow. The economy both in the U.S. and other global markets isn't in the best of shape. Priorities will take over at a point. Food, clothes, rent, school supplies, gas, whatever the case may be for families with limited income. As kids get older too, their priorities are going to change. You'll keep some hardcore fans from the kids, but sooner or later a lot will move on to the next "big fad". It happened with Pokemon and dozens of other games. Pokemon being one of the few that's survived over the last decade, though its fanbase has likely rotated a fair amount. Allowance money that went to Skylanders might move into other things such as other more age appropriate games(God help us all we don't need more Call of Duty fans), cars, tablets, cell phones, dating, etc. depending on how old they are.

2) Where on earth is the cartoon show for Skylanders at this point? Heck, wheres the comic book? Counter to the concept of over-saturation they need to lock down children's interest for the game and the characters. Cartoons like the attempted rebirth of Thundercats failed because they claimed they couldn't move the toy lines. Well Skylanders already has that side of the coin covered. 60+ characters though is going to make it a royal pain to transfer to television. That part of the equation goes back to needed to pull back the reins on NEW characters with every release. Or maybe at least reduce the schedule to every other year. Comics is another avenue I can't grasp why hasnt been touched. Yes, we have some random books but not on a mainstream level. Even My Little Pony has a comic out now. Skylanders and its MASSIVE growing roster of characters leads to Justice League/Avengers style storylines with rosters that can change out from time to time, leaving a few main stay "core" characters as anchors to the title.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:11:44 06/02/2013 by GothamLord
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#18 Posted: 12:09:51 06/02/2013
On my opinion, if this was the last game, they should've have all old skylanders reposed and sold throughout the world, if not, well I have a feeling that the skylanders series has only just begun
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#19 Posted: 12:15:48 06/02/2013
Everyone can stop complaining. Nobody is making you buy all the figures or even the game! If you dony like it then don't buy it, but let the skylanders fans have their enjoyment. However it would be nice if a game was released every other year and the waves were spead out so we can save our money.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:25:17 06/02/2013 by TheBakonBitz
jcmeyer5 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#20 Posted: 12:23:38 06/02/2013
I could do with more Adventure Packs vs. an entirely new game, but I am looking forward to the new game. Adventure packs offer a quick and (relatively) cheap way to add new content.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#21 Posted: 12:41:09 06/02/2013
Quote: jcmeyer5
I could do with more Adventure Packs vs. an entirely new game, but I am looking forward to the new game. Adventure packs offer a quick and (relatively) cheap way to add new content.

The adventures packs unlocked information already on the game disc. They didnt have entire levels downloaded into them. The game would still need to have the levels pre-made ahead of time. Downloadable content on the other hand could add to the existing data.
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#22 Posted: 12:44:18 06/02/2013
I like sky landers but I bet half of the people saying i want more. more etc are kids who don't actually buy figures themselves. i have a pretty decent paid job and even I'm starting to worry that eventually this series is going to become to expensive except to ultra rich and spoiled brats.
---
I Have: 37/37
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#23 Posted: 12:49:47 06/02/2013
Quote: Skaterpunkdan
I like sky landers but I bet half of the people saying i want more. more etc are kids who don't actually buy figures themselves. i have a pretty decent paid job and even I'm starting to worry that eventually this series is going to become to expensive except to ultra rich and spoiled brats.

Don't assume to know what you haven't done the leg work to learn.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#24 Posted: 20:05:14 06/02/2013
Quote: fireofexile
I hope they make more games. The amount of figures shouldn't matter, since you can still use your favorites if you don't want to buy new ones.

You're obviously in a different league--this game is attracting OCD types.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#25 Posted: 20:06:20 06/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
Everyone can stop complaining. Nobody is making you buy all the figures or even the game! If you dony like it then don't buy it, but let the skylanders fans have their enjoyment. However it would be nice if a game was released every other year and the waves were spead out so we can save our money.

I agree with this--but that doesn't align with corporate profit projections.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#26 Posted: 20:15:18 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
If there are more Skylanders games, I hope there won't be any more figures.

Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: fireofexile

You're obviously in a different league--this game is attracting OCD types.

Yeah, my OCD for getting 100% is forcing me to buy all of the figures. smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me