Page 1 of 1
I wouldn't be surprised... [CLOSED]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#1 Posted: 20:56:37 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
If there were 8 skylander games in total. Seeing how so far its a big seller, it would continue. Also with the bases. The first game had green bases (life) the second orange (tech) and now the third blue (water). So now, if they did come out with another, what do you think the next color would or should be? I wish that the next would be either red (fire) or grayish (undead)!
---
Gay 4 GARcher
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2 Posted: 20:59:23 05/02/2013
We can't really predict that, but seeing how greedy Activision is it could be possible.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#3 Posted: 21:33:59 05/02/2013
The series would almost definitely lose its luster by then. 8 is a good estimate.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#4 Posted: 21:37:32 05/02/2013
mmmh purple? maybe yellow...
---
THE END IS NEAR
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#5 Posted: 17:12:57 09/07/2013
cool idea

smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#6 Posted: 17:40:30 09/07/2013
I doubt it will last that long, unless they're wise and take a break from Skylanders while they're ahead, and bring it back in a few years.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#7 Posted: 18:43:56 09/07/2013
I heard that they have plans for the next five years. So, that would make sense. Also, I think that the orange base in Giants is more like "Fire", than "Tech". So, a yellow base is still possible, maybe. A purple or white one would also be' great!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#8 Posted: 19:33:22 09/07/2013
Quote: Ryanator20x6
The series would almost definitely lose its luster by then. 8 is a good estimate.

There has been a COD game released every year since 2005, so 8 games in 8 years, coming up this year. Only thing is, you run around seeing the same old styles of guns, shooting the same online people the same way you have been for nearly 8 years.

Talk about losing luster.

What about Assassin's Creed has made it worth going annual, when all you do is assassinate people the same way?

I don't think Skylanders has anything to worry about. At least with Skylanders, you always have new styles of characters to use, in levels that don't look the same as the game before, unlike games like COD where everything is deserts, jungles, and buildings.

If Skylanders plays its cards right, I could see it staying around for a very long time.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
minecrafter Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#9 Posted: 20:04:23 09/07/2013
IM NOT BUYING SKYLANDERS 4.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#10 Posted: 20:22:12 09/07/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: Ryanator20x6

There has been a COD game released every year since 2005, so 8 games in 8 years, coming up this year. Only thing is, you run around seeing the same old styles of guns, shooting the same online people the same way you have been for nearly 8 years.

There has been a CoD game every year since 2003. This year is the 10 year anniversary and the 10th game. Despite little changes every year and the market being saturated with FPS' because everyone is trying to compete with it, the series still sells very well.

Skylanders will be no different. In 2021 we will be on Skylanders 10. The series will always have new buyers each game. For example, the kids that were 4 when SSA came out will be 7 when SSW comes out - in the market. The kids that will be in the market for Skylanders 10 only just exist at the moment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:22:21 09/07/2013 by bionicle2809
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#11 Posted: 22:54:35 09/07/2013
Quote: minecrafter

Nobody cares
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#12 Posted: 01:08:09 10/07/2013
Quote: minecrafter

COOL STORY, BRO!
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 01:57:20 10/07/2013
True. We got 2 games (and another coming soon), as of now, and I really have to say that what "bothered" me in Spyro's Adventure, was fixed in Giants. And now this. You want a better graphic? You get a better graphic. You want the jump mechanic? You get the jump mechanic. You want more characters? You get them. Giants have less levels, but only because they are twice longer than the ones in SA. Swap Force will probably have only 12 levels. What's the matter? They will be even longer! And challenging. So far, I can say that, they satisfacted me with 2 games out of 2. And the third looks even better. Skylanders will continue, because simply it has the creativity, the originality and the potential to become a long and beautiful series! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#14 Posted: 03:39:44 10/07/2013
QUITE, ALL OF YOU!!!!! DON'T GIVE ACTIVITION ANY IDEAS!!!!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 04:36:23 10/07/2013
Quote: Drek95
True. We got 2 games (and another coming soon), as of now, and I really have to say that what "bothered" me in Spyro's Adventure, was fixed in Giants. And now this. You want a better graphic? You get a better graphic. You want the jump mechanic? You get the jump mechanic. You want more characters? You get them. Giants have less levels, but only because they are twice longer than the ones in SA. Swap Force will probably have only 12 levels. What's the matter? They will be even longer! And challenging. So far, I can say that, they satisfacted me with 2 games out of 2. And the third looks even better. Skylanders will continue, because simply it has the creativity, the originality and the potential to become a long and beautiful series! smilie

Can't bowl a strike every time, although it's their game to lose. 12 levels bother me, period. Sig sez it all.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:37:09 10/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#16 Posted: 18:02:19 10/07/2013
I think that there will be 5 games, before the series changes drastically. I do predict however them putting 16-20 in the next game because I have a falling game critics won't like that fact that it takes a 30-60 minutes just to do ONE level. I think that after five they may stop with the gimmicks and just milk the cows that they had from the past 5 games. So yeah...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#17 Posted: 02:51:45 11/07/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

Can't bowl a strike every time, although it's their game to lose. 12 levels bother me, period. Sig sez it all.

Less may not be more, but four pizzas are a lot more than eight slices of pizza.
Portion size doesn't always effect capacity.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#18 Posted: 03:17:29 11/07/2013
Hey GameMaster 78, Skylanders has 9 games over 3 years:

• Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
  • Skylanders: Giants
  • Skylanders: Swap Force
  • The three 3DS games
  • Cloud Patrol
  • Lost Islands
  • Battlegrounds

Talk about losing lustre. LOL. The 3DS game already went sharply downhill, and the reducing amount of chapters is just awful for replayability. I haven't touched Giants since I tried out Easy mode, and I haven't tried SSA in a while now, because it's just a fighting game over and over, and Giants doesnt have enough to explore and I've explored SSA to death already. I think that the first game on 3DS was the best shortly followed by the console version of the first game, and it's been generally downhill since then which isn't a good thing.

Then you have the mobile games, which would be great, if... Battlegrounds wasn't ridiculously short and even more repetitive, Lost Islands wasn't so slimy, and Cloud Patrol wasn't so boring. Also, they add nothing onto your Skylanders for the other games, which they should have- it would have made them much more exciting.

Add to that the fact there are 80 characters to collect that you have to pay for, not including the ridiculous amount of variants, and you're just playing a dungeon crawler over and over and they really haven't changed it up much besides Turbo Zones, which are only for the Swap characters(they would have been more cool if others could use them...). Look at Swap Force videos where they don't go to Turbo Zones. They look like the same game we played two years ago, just with more characters, better graphics, and barebones-integrated jumping. Skylanders isn't really any better than CoD.

Giants certainly wasn't more innovative than [insert other game that does nothing but add to the roster here]. In Swap Force, Turbo Zones, jumping etc ARE cool innovations... But judging by what we've seen I don't think they've really USED those right, as nothing involving them has "wow"'d me like they should. It doesn't really matter if they have jumping if they aren't going to use it that much, and I don't think that they have at this point. If these additions are such a big deal, they should be showing them off much more. But I can't help but feel like, outside of Turbo Zones, this will just be the same battle game, and also that there isn't going to be enough to explore, just like Giants.

I think that Giants was already the last game that many would buy, thanks to the reduced amount of chapters, which made replayability worse off... Now Swap Force only having 12 chapters will probably drive more people away. Unless they step it up in Skylanders 4 and have at least 20 chapters(in the MAIN GAME, not those terrible adventure packs), I can't see myself buying this at all any more. There is less and less interesting stuff to do for more characters every year. Mark my words, when they don't make buckets of money off of one of their console games, they'll stop making them completely and probably won't even bother releasing all of its figures.

Will Skylanders survive for years on? Sure, there are always gonna be people who haven't played it and want to try it out and kids love it. Should it keep going? I don't really think so, unless they make gameplay more exciting again after this game, and I'm really not excited for Swap Force.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:48:27 11/07/2013 by SkylandFollower
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#19 Posted: 13:59:01 11/07/2013
I like SSA's levels. There are a lot of levels in the game and most are not too long.
Giants had 16 levels instead of 22 (not counting the adventure packs) and the levels were a little bit too long for me.
Swap Force will have 12 levels that will probably all be insanely long and very easy.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#20 Posted: 14:36:59 11/07/2013
I agree with SkylandFollower there with how the series is being paced. While the other games like call of duty and assassin's creed have made numerous games, the fact is there's only at most an initial 60 buck investment so you can get plenty of more stories for a lower cost. Here though it factors in to what you buy along with it.
The fact you make a shorter game and a plethora of figures to collect doesn't bode well for the series as too many have invested so much in a short time. That equals exhausting burn out. Doing so again for a third year where many probably have suffered from stores having shipment problems, resorting to dealing with scalpers and possibly paying higher prices for certain figures tends to make it undesirable. People clamor there will be a skylanders 4 and I just don't see a verification for that at this point. Swap force would have to sell in droves from the investment they are putting into swap force with so many figures being released, which I doubt as many are going to pick up due to infinity's release and as already pointed out the skylander game play is getting tiring.

The gameplay is starting to get stale as was pointed out as well and you can only do so much with it without something expansive to worlds without having to purchase extra ones. The game needs a level editor.

Jumping isn't an innovation for the series if you tried the 3ds games, giants made it mandatory since first level, so the main consoles possibly its an innovation for.

The only possible reason I could see them make a fourth game if Toys for Bob doesn't announce something new that uses the toys to life technology, and disney makes a second infinity game seeing as the genre is still possible, but by then it'll die if anyone bothers with it.

Quote: SkylandFollower
Mark my words, when they don't make buckets of money off of one of their console games, they'll stop making them completely and probably won't even bother releasing all of its figures.

Will Skylanders survive for years on? Sure, there are always gonna be people who haven't played it and want to try it out and kids love it. Should it keep going? I don't really think so, unless they make gameplay more exciting again after this game, and I'm really not excited for Swap Force.

I really think this is going to happen with Swap Force because of so many figures and how frustrating the release schedule is. I think activision has learned nothing in how they sort boxes and they'll overdo certain characters to their choosing who they want people to buy. Swap Force is not going to sell how they expect it to and I'm still on the fence probably like most in trying to justify the price in getting the starter even. Most of the characters look bad and unappealing and that's the swap force ones too.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:42:57 11/07/2013 by tigerdr
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#21 Posted: 14:56:40 11/07/2013
Guys, stop judging this book by its cover, just because it doesn't look fun, doesn't mean it ain't fun.
---
#hu
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#22 Posted: 20:47:58 11/07/2013
Skylanders won't last long until Activision stops being lazy. With every game getting less and less levels, with more and more characters. Which means more $ for less content. I started in Giants, and I'm not buying SWAP Force, it's too expensive for me as a kid, and I'm sure parents are getting tired of their kids begging for more characters.
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#23 Posted: 21:00:06 11/07/2013
I think I might stop with skylanders 4 or 5
---
henlo
PearlHex Green Sparx Gems: 345
#24 Posted: 21:01:49 11/07/2013
It's possible... That would be quite the run for a video game franchise.
---
"Fear the Dark"
#25 Posted: 21:05:09 11/07/2013
I'm going to buy every game I can get until the franchise ends.
---
#hu
#26 Posted: 22:26:02 11/07/2013
Quote: Rickorio

Until death (or bankruptcy) do us part, lol.
---
#27 Posted: 23:20:09 11/07/2013
Quote: ninja9351

Until death (or bankruptcy) do us part, lol.

Well, I still have seven years till I have to worry about that, so, BOOM!
---
#hu
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#28 Posted: 05:06:08 12/07/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
Quote: GhostRoaster

Less may not be more, but four pizzas are a lot more than eight slices of pizza.
Portion size doesn't always effect capacity.

Not sure what you are saying, but I'm hungry now.

Guys, stop judging this book by its cover, just because it doesn't look fun, doesn't mean it ain't fun.

I've got some cars to wash, and it's fun, trust me. Umm....

Quote: tigerdr
I agree with SkylandFollower there with how the series is being paced. While the other games like call of duty and assassin's creed have made numerous games, the fact is there's only at most an initial 60 buck investment so you can get plenty of more stories for a lower cost. Here though it factors in to what you buy along with it.
The fact you make a shorter game and a plethora of figures to collect doesn't bode well for the series as too many have invested so much in a short time. That equals exhausting burn out. Doing so again for a third year where many probably have suffered from stores having shipment problems, resorting to dealing with scalpers and possibly paying higher prices for certain figures tends to make it undesirable. People clamor there will be a skylanders 4 and I just don't see a verification for that at this point. Swap force would have to sell in droves from the investment they are putting into swap force with so many figures being released, which I doubt as many are going to pick up due to infinity's release and as already pointed out the skylander game play is getting tiring.

The gameplay is starting to get stale as was pointed out as well and you can only do so much with it without something expansive to worlds without having to purchase extra ones. The game needs a level editor.

I REALLY agree with bolded points. What's the point with advertising over 250 swapabilities with 12 WHOLE levels to play them in and only local battle mode. Somebody shoot me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:17:06 12/07/2013 by GhostRoaster
#29 Posted: 12:04:35 12/07/2013
I think that next year with Skylanders 4 they will realize that the levels are too long when game critics play the first level of Swap Force and realize the length. Watch it, they won't like it and none of the fan base will so they should eventually shrink the levels and give more levels.
---
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#30 Posted: 03:04:34 13/07/2013
Welp, what I'd heard is Swap Force is the final Skylanders game. Given my sources were far from official, and I wouldn't put it past Activision to squeeze out another title.

That said, I think Yellow or Purple would be the next base colour.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#31 Posted: 05:37:57 13/07/2013
I stopped half way through the S:G era. Lost interest.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#32 Posted: 10:01:52 13/07/2013
Quote: Nelomet
Welp, what I'd heard is Swap Force is the final Skylanders game. Given my sources were far from official, and I wouldn't put it past Activision to squeeze out another title.

That said, I think Yellow or Purple would be the next base colour.

Toys for Bob are already working on Skylanders 4.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#33 Posted: 15:34:00 13/07/2013
I kind of screwed myself over when I got SSA. I was a fan of the original trilogy and was happy to see a lighthearted Spyro back in action, so I was initially only interested in Spyro himself.
Then I got the game and a bunch of characters, and I told myself that I'd only get characters I liked the look of.
Then, I fell in love with EVERYONE and got all of the toys for the first game.
With Giants, I promised myself I'd only get the new characters and Giants.
Then I went and got all the lightcores and series 2 aswell.
So now, that kid inside me says that I HAVE to get each toy for SSF too.

I'd like the series to continue, and for me to continue to get the entire roster for each game, but without an incredibly generous income, that's IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to do!

I wouldn't mind if with each new game, they introduce just 16 new playable characters while still releasing some old figures for the past game so newcomers can have a varied range of playable characters without breaking my wallet.
Realistically however, they're gonna release a game annually, and increase the number of toys every round, and the number of variants they create too (seriously, look at the jump from just Dark Spyro for SSA, to Polar, Jade, Molten, Royal, Granite, Punch, Gnarly, Scarlet and the Golden Cannon. Not including the legendaries.)

I think that 8 games could be a good estimate, but I like to think that Acti could be a little more courteous to the fans by doing what Nintendo did with Pokemon. Release some other media like a tv show to keep people interested and release the games every few years with more stuff added to the games. Give more customization to the games themselves to allow more replay value.

But they won't do that.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me