darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Swap Force has taken hard core collectors out of the equation
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Swap Force has taken hard core collectors out of the equation [CLOSED]
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#51 Posted: 15:01:16 08/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
what happenes when you combine Legendary Stink with Blue Buckler (from the Blue Wash Buckler variant)? Do you thn get Legendary Blue Stink Buckler?

As far as gameplay is concerned, you'd get Legendary Stink (added from the top) / Buckler (added from the bottom). Much like Blue Bash, the game wouldn't recognize a cosmetic-only effect. Just because they sell complete characters doesn't mean that the special effect data can't be limited to one half of the individual.

If you had the Blue Buckler as the only "modifier," it might register as "Special," but that tag would get bumped out of the description if a relevant effect light Lightcore or Legendary was there in its place.

As for what it means for collectors ... well, people already are divided on which variants are relevant, so nothing would change there.

Having two halves of a character unite into something greater than the sum of its parts is inevitable. Even if it's just something like getting an attack boost from an Opposites Attract Skylander made up of opposing elements.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:02:29 08/02/2013 by Peridot Weapon
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#52 Posted: 16:42:28 08/02/2013
This is why I dont buy Variants!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#53 Posted: 16:50:23 08/02/2013
I only care about variants that change the look of the character in-game. The gold, silver, clear, GID, etc variants are don't do anything for me.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#54 Posted: 16:51:55 08/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
I only care about variants that change the look of the character in-game. The gold, silver, clear, GID, etc variants are don't do anything for me.

same here, i only buy variants only if they appear different in game and if they have different stats or look better than the original ones
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#55 Posted: 03:00:38 10/02/2013
I buy 2 of each store promotional variants. i dont go variant hunting, still kind of bad, but you know...
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#56 Posted: 03:25:43 10/02/2013
This topic is pretty much why I avoid those rare figures that are going for an insane amount and do nothing in game. I can afford to get the Swap Force figures that are needed instead of the insane amount for the variants.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
juniper1102 Red Sparx Gems: 37
#57 Posted: 08:21:50 09/03/2013
i want all characters...no need to display each...i think like transformers...i wouldnt buy 1 for each pose to display...just change the display to suit myself. and change it again and play and repeat. its a game and toy. treat it like one. so glad wierdos wont be able to play and keep in box. no one really cares as long as its not altered, broken or missing cards etc...
---
All S1 & S2 w/ skins & items + Fuzzysmilie Bluesmilie Redsmilie Green smilie
EXCEPT S2: smilie LCsmilie LCsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#58 Posted: 09:58:02 09/03/2013
as for me i collect but once i get my own room since i have to share with my sister the same room but once i do id set em up somewere. but im instrested if the non reposed in giants makes it in ssf like ghost roaster wham shell sunburn camo warnado voodoo boomer of cource hes been confirmed so far in a video interview.
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#59 Posted: 03:50:44 11/03/2013
I want to get two or three (probably Scarlet and Jadewing) of the in-game variants for Giants (plus Dark Spyro).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Katallina Green Sparx Gems: 123
#60 Posted: 07:13:30 14/03/2013
I try to make sure I have one version of each character that has been produced. After that, getting any extra versions depends on (1) whether I like the character and (2) whether buying the character will enhance my enjoyment in-game. I am only interested in variants that look different on my TV screen, for instance.

As for the Swap Force characters, I will be buying one of each character, just like I do with everything else. Honestly, I'm not totally sure that I am sold on this idea, but I will reserve judgement until I've spent time with the game. I just don't know if I will have the same connection with these characters as I do with my actual figures. They seem less "real"; the reality to TV magic that drew me to this series could potentially be distilled for me, personally, with this swap mentality. I'm honestly a little nervous.

Whatever your way of collecting is, the best advice I can give is to enjoy it. If it's not fun, you need to figure out the problem and find a way to resolve it.
---
Favorite Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie
Most Wanted: smilie smilie smilie
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#61 Posted: 14:10:51 14/03/2013
I just get one and be done with it. No variants, no reposes, nothing. Also put them in carrying cases depending on game/series
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#62 Posted: 18:57:37 14/03/2013
i agree with pink water, but maybe ill get dark spyro, although he should have different powers from original smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me