Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Spyro's role in Swap Force? [CLOSED]
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1 Posted: 18:38:14 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Do you think Spyro has an important and big role in this game?
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#2 Posted: 18:44:01 05/02/2013
No. Its just gonna be about the swap skylanders smilie
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 18:44:49 05/02/2013
Spyro's role will more likely be the same as the other Skylanders.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#4 Posted: 18:50:19 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
He will be a nobody. -.- Man I wish Spyro get his own games back. -.- I like Skylanders but...They suppress Spyro as an unimportant character...
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#5 Posted: 18:54:40 05/02/2013
He'll have just as big a role as he did in SG. smilie
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#6 Posted: 19:05:02 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Haha not funny....
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 19:41:46 05/02/2013
Quote: XSparxX
He will be a nobody. -.- Man I wish Spyro get his own games back. -.- I like Skylanders but...They suppress Spyro as an unimportant character...

You and me both, friend...
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#8 Posted: 19:47:16 05/02/2013
3 GAMES!? 3!? I'm still getting over this.
#9 Posted: 19:51:05 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76

You and me both, friend...

Awww you are back. smilie

Yes 3 games. Since 5 years it give NO REAL Spyro game. I hate u Activision! D:.
But it gives a good news: Crash Bandicoot is not a Skylander. *Q*
---
#10 Posted: 20:07:39 05/02/2013

I wouldn't quite put your money on that...
You see...
Well, check the second latest post on Crash Mania...

... Yeah... A redesigned Crash. On a poster hanging in Vicarious' building. smilie
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#11 Posted: 20:10:00 05/02/2013
Ok so the first game was centered around spyro. They wanted spyro to be alive and well. But it kinda didnt work. Many people that never played spyro (me....only orange version) fell in love with the variate or characters and the technology. It amazed me how the game could tell what figuer was on the portal. The first game was a huge succes...but not because of Spyro. Yes many spyro fans bought it because of him but hated on the new one. So they saw that everyone loved skylanders so they bassiclly made it its own francise...not a spyro one anymore. They made sure to keep spyro to make spyro fans partically happy in giants but they dropped him from an important character to just another skylander. In this one, hes basiclly not even there.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#12 Posted: 20:31:29 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator

You see...

... Yeah... A redesigned Crash. On a poster hanging in Vicarious' building. smilie

Oh no, please not...! smilie
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#13 Posted: 20:35:06 05/02/2013

You see...

Head of VV said that Crash wasn't going to be in Skylanders.
#14 Posted: 20:35:59 05/02/2013
Thank god. I mean i love crash and everything but i dint want crash to be part of skylanders....itll ruin his image
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#15 Posted: 20:40:57 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Pwuh....Crash is save!
---
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#16 Posted: 20:44:49 05/02/2013
As much as I prefer Spyro, (he's my freaking life) I wouln't want Crash to be in Skylanders at all. Could you imagine the combined rage of both the classic Spyro fans ASWELL as the classic Crash fans!? Geez.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#17 Posted: 20:46:37 05/02/2013
spyro games lost me after the third one. That was the last good one they made. Skylanders i think only included spyro for more attention as it was such a new concept. I know I wanted to get the spyro figure long before i played the game. So now that they are established and have a large fan base, hes not really essential or needed.
#18 Posted: 20:49:15 05/02/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
As much as I prefer Spyro, (he's my freaking life) I wouln't want Crash to be in Skylanders at all. Could you imagine the combined rage of both the classic Spyro fans ASWELL as the classic Crash fans!? Geez.

I would be part of the raging crash fans...
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#19 Posted: 20:51:20 05/02/2013
Quote: bionicle2809

You see...

Head of VV said that Crash wasn't going to be in Skylanders.

*insert leaping YESALLTHEUGS gif here* smilie
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#20 Posted: 04:17:38 06/02/2013
If you play as Spyro S2 in Swap Force, you'll be able to jump, fly, divebomb, breathe fire, and charge. All of those powers can be used to defeat enemies that leave behind various items with a monetary value to buy upgrades, likely some of them from a well-dressed gem-loving bear.

...definitely not like any Spyro game I've played.
#21 Posted: 04:23:01 06/02/2013
Jumping will really remind you of the older Spyro games if you play as Spyro.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#22 Posted: 08:45:15 06/02/2013
Indeed. Actually, after playing a few minutes on Shadow Legacy, i realized in terms of moves, Skylander's Spyro actually is somewhat close. They both can charge and flame breath, and now jump. Admittedly after a few more minutes Spyro learned Dragon Krata and became somewhat mroe different but still. Don't hate on me, but I actually kind of like Spyro's new snake/insectiod design.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#23 Posted: 09:54:23 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Orohu
If you play as Spyro S2 in Swap Force, you'll be able to jump, fly, divebomb, breathe fire, and charge. All of those powers can be used to defeat enemies that leave behind various items with a monetary value to buy upgrades, likely some of them from a well-dressed gem-loving bear.

But Spyro S2 is not even released yet, and it's not the same feeling like in Spyro own games. :/
Okay it's now better and feel more like Spyro because he can jump now and all the other things...but...I don't know it feels not "right". smilie"

I hope they make a S3 Spyro. :/
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#24 Posted: 10:41:28 06/02/2013
Quote: Orohu

But Spyro S2 is not even released yet, and it's not the same feeling like in Spyro own games. :/
Okay it's now better and feel more like Spyro because he can jump now and all the other things...but...I don't know it feels not "right". smilie"

I hope they make a S3 Spyro. :/

This, Spyro is basically the only reason why I bought SSA in the first place.. I know Spyro isn't so popular, but he is the star in many Skylander novels, maybe to make up for not having the bigger roles in the games?
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#25 Posted: 11:00:39 06/02/2013
I think Spyro fans need to realize that Skylanders is its own thing and has grown beyond just Spyro. I would hazard to guess that the majority of current Skyland players don't even know who Spyro is beyond being a Skylander.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
#26 Posted: 15:27:16 06/02/2013
I'm actually tired of people who keep saying/assuming even SSA was a "Spyro game". Statistically, Spyro was a bigger part of the roster in CRASH NITRO KART. Does that make that a Spyro game? He appears in, what, two cutscenes, and appears in the title, but in reality he's just a marketing gimmick and had no major impact story-wise when you didn't use him.
Quote: Doomslicer
Indeed. Actually, after playing a few minutes on Shadow Legacy, i realized in terms of moves, Skylander's Spyro actually is somewhat close. They both can charge and flame breath, and now jump. Admittedly after a few more minutes Spyro learned Dragon Krata and became somewhat mroe different but still. Don't hate on me, but I actually kind of like Spyro's new snake/insectiod design.

I like his new design looks-wise. I'm not that hot on the metal wingplates of his S2, however...
#27 Posted: 16:58:15 06/02/2013
Right other than his prominence in some of the canned cut scenes, there was nothing in SSA's story that made him anymore important than for example Trigger Happy. So Skylanders: Trigger Happy's Adventure is just as valid a name of the game in my opinion.

I loved when asked if Spyro would have a part in the Giants story, they said "Yes, Spyro will play a role in the Sylanders Giants story". They failed to mention that that "role" was less than or equal to the role of any other Skylanders character.
---
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#28 Posted: 22:03:50 06/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
I think Spyro fans need to realize that Skylanders is its own thing and has grown beyond just Spyro. I would hazard to guess that the majority of current Skyland players don't even know who Spyro is beyond being a Skylander.

A quick dialogue between me and my neighbor who play Skylanders (went something like this)
Me: Wanna battle?
Her: Sure, I'm going to use Cylinder
Me: Who the heck is Cylinder?
Her: The undead dragon.
Me: It's Cynder, not Cylinder...
Her: But isn't Cylinder a Skylander too?
Me: No.
Her: How did you know it was Cynder?
Me: *facepalm* Cynder was in other Spyro games, too...
Her: THERE WERE OTHER SPYRO GAMES???
Me: *mentally suicides*
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#29 Posted: 23:50:57 06/02/2013

Spyro's not a nobody, he's just part of an ensemble cast now. Let's be real, the Spyro name was really only ever there for PR reasons. It made it more familiar to the public.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#30 Posted: 23:52:03 06/02/2013
Seriously, Spyro is going to make it people because how popular he is.
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#31 Posted: 23:52:53 06/02/2013
THIS ^
Does it matter if Spyro doesn't have a big role?
Think: They could have left him out altogether and let him die
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
bonziebonzie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#32 Posted: 02:24:25 07/02/2013
Head of VV: We aren't going to put Crash in Skylanders instead we are doing something say better.
Crash Bandicoot: Nuts and Bolts Yay!!!
---
My first Spyro game was Spyro Orange so make that what you will.
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#33 Posted: 02:29:43 07/02/2013
Spyro will most likely never be the main focus again, as Skylanders is it's own franchise now and is popular enough WITHOUT Spyro.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
Spyroguy2001 Green Sparx Gems: 115
#34 Posted: 18:25:27 07/02/2013
Quote: Aura24
Spyro's role will more likely be the same as the other Skylanders.

I think so to Aura24.
---
Spyro rules!!!!!!!!!
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#35 Posted: 18:32:46 07/02/2013
unless he's not even IN swap force.
#36 Posted: 18:34:16 07/02/2013
If he was in the storyline of the game, like Spyro's Adventure and Giants, then I'll be a little satisfied.
---
#37 Posted: 18:58:12 07/02/2013
^ Just curious, how was Spyro in the story line of Giants? I don't recall him being involved at all unless you actually were playing as him.
---
#38 Posted: 19:06:29 07/02/2013
Spyro and a few other Skylanders talked to Kaos in the toy store when the evil Portal Master broke free.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:33 07/02/2013 by Aura24
#39 Posted: 19:20:26 07/02/2013
Oh yeah, quite a teeny part but I guess it was something.

---
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#40 Posted: 19:37:29 07/02/2013
yeah, that cutscene wit da giants is EPIC.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#41 Posted: 19:37:59 07/02/2013
Do you think Spyro has an important and big role in this game?

Secundary character muahahahahahahahaha
#42 Posted: 21:31:23 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
If he was in the storyline of the game, like Spyro's Adventure and Giants, then I'll be a little satisfied.

I hope we see him again in cutscenes, and I hope he talks more as this little bit in Giants....Sadly I was really pleased that he talked a little bit -.-
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#43 Posted: 17:24:44 08/02/2013
Spyro's role in the game will be a insignificant, forgotten(yet cool) character that was the reason people bought the first game.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#44 Posted: 17:27:25 08/02/2013
Personally I'm no huge fan of Spyro but I think he should have is own adventure pack with optional story. Any Skylander could play the level but if you had Spyro you would get extra Story tidbits. I think they should do this for all Adventure packs.
#45 Posted: 17:42:51 08/02/2013
Cool idea, like Backstory Packs!
---
#46 Posted: 17:47:50 08/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
Cool idea, like Backstory Packs!

More or less. As much as I love Skylanders the experience is still a little generic with little to no connection to the Skylanders itself. It would be great to add a little personal story to the Skylanders themselves. Adventure packs are one way or they could simply have D.L.C. that would add story to existing levels when using certain Skylanders. They could be free or maybe $1-$2 per toon. They be like playable episodes in existing episodes but they might get additional quests and conversations.
#47 Posted: 17:50:58 08/02/2013
^ I LOVE that concept! It would be a great way to take a deeper dive into each character.
---
#48 Posted: 17:57:42 08/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
^ I LOVE that concept! It would be a great way to take a deeper dive into each character.

Yeah like say for Wham Shell, when we play a certain water level we see flash backs of the Goblins destroying his kingdom and maybe the general of that goblin army is an extra boss on that particular level. Once Whamshell defeats him he gains an extra ability or increases a stat or a hat (rhyme not intended). Nothing too powerful. To be honest a story driven WoW Pow would be preferable to simply buying it.
#49 Posted: 18:43:26 08/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Great Idea, why they don't make own Chapter with the backstory of a Skylander like Spyro, Whirlwind, Zap etc. Yes they must give the Skylanders more personality! Talk in cutscene [the little bit in the Intro of Giants was pathetic], even Link has more emotionality and personality in Zelda and he's never says a word <.<
---
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#50 Posted: 19:01:56 08/02/2013
I'm still waiting on a Series 2 Spyro, never played the first game. smilie
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me