Page 1 of 1
Swap Force Looks Cool [CLOSED]
Krisiun Green Sparx Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 17:00:51 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I don't see what all the negativity is about so far. The few new characters revealed so far look really cool. But the main point of interest is that we get a brand new game to play that maintains backwards compatibility with our older characters. Even if you don't buy any of the new guys there's still plenty of fun to had playing with S1 and S2 characters in a whole new world. Even the older guys seem to gut updates with level increases in Giants and now we will have the ability to jump. It means our older collection is not obsolete. Should be a blast.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#2 Posted: 17:03:57 05/02/2013
And Activision deserve a massive pat on the back for making all these games backwards compatible with every figure. That's no small feat either, lots of design, animation and voice work has to be done for every single character.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#3 Posted: 17:04:39 05/02/2013
Oooh! Another positive comment about Swap Force! You must work for Activision too! smilie

But seriously, my kids are going to love this!
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#4 Posted: 17:06:18 05/02/2013
Swap Force looks awesome so far.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#5 Posted: 17:12:38 05/02/2013
ITS A STINKER IN THE MAKING!!!... and that is my final saying... and you positive dorks here are gonna have to eat every word you typed here when this crap arrive, that i can promise you. it will fail hard.....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:13:07 05/02/2013 by kappapopm
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#6 Posted: 17:12:59 05/02/2013
its a meh for me. no online and 2 player max was a huge letdown. still looking forward to it tho.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#7 Posted: 17:24:26 05/02/2013
Quote: kappapopm
ITS A STINKER IN THE MAKING!!!... and that is my final saying... and you positive dorks here are gonna have to eat every word you typed here when this crap arrive, that i can promise you. it will fail hard.....

Wow, does your butt hurt that bad?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#8 Posted: 17:25:36 05/02/2013
This isn't the first time he acted this way...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#9 Posted: 17:27:12 05/02/2013
Nor the first time for a lot of people on this forum...
I'm getting too old for this ****
---
#10 Posted: 17:30:26 05/02/2013
I'm highly amused. Just imagine how much rage there will be once the game comes out...or people too proud to admit they were wrong.
---
RainMan Red Sparx Gems: 67
#11 Posted: 17:40:07 05/02/2013
The characters are looking pretty cool. They are making them different without mimmicking the same few over and over. I like the idea of the Swap Force but I can see parts getting lost and never found again till the game loses it's luster. It's an interesting idea and as long as the gameplay is good and not as short as Giants was. Expansion packs are the way to go to keep the game interesting. If they will only incorporate online multiplayer it will do wonders for the game. As far as people comparing this with Disney, it's only speculation at this point as nobody has played either game. I will leave any other comments out until I get my hands on it.
---
My signature is like this because no matter what I put in it apparently it always violates website policy. Hopefully this is ok............................
#12 Posted: 17:40:22 05/02/2013
Quote: Mori-DogMovies
I'm highly amused. Just imagine how much rage there will be once the game comes out...or people too proud to admit they were wrong.

this is just the beginning... it is going to be a humongous rage when this game fail and followers here have to buy the figurines from evilbay after activision dropped the game.
#13 Posted: 17:42:06 05/02/2013

this is just the beginning... it is going to be a humongous rage when this game fail and followers here have to buy the figurines from evilbay after activision dropped the game.

And this coming from a user who hasn't even played Swap Force and is just judging the game by early details, and raging all over again. Yeah.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#14 Posted: 17:43:52 05/02/2013

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...no matter how ridiculous or absurd.
---
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#15 Posted: 17:51:35 05/02/2013
I just don't understand why they can't add online and new Adventure Packs. I want a game as long or longer than the first game.

The graphics look great this time around, and I can't lie that I would love to see what all of the old Skylanders look like with somewhat newer graphics, but online would have made this game's replayability even better, as well as the addition of new Adventure Packs.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#16 Posted: 17:52:43 05/02/2013
Has Vicarious Visions done any online in their games?
---
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#17 Posted: 17:54:28 05/02/2013
Two player co-op is all I really wanted to see so that my son can play with his cousins in Hawaii. Are we not allowed to be disappointed at the lack of online co-op? It's 2013 - online play is pretty much a standard feature for co-op games especially with Infinity being released this summer. Hopefully they can make up for it with an online battle mode and downloadable levels.
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#18 Posted: 17:54:47 05/02/2013
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is the only thing that comes to mind.
#19 Posted: 18:04:29 05/02/2013

i agree but not according to Aura24, she have been deleting my comments here, i see it now... AND OF COURSE I GET MAD AS HELL,, anyone would if that happen to them.
#20 Posted: 18:06:07 05/02/2013

i agree but not according to Aura24, she have been deleting my comments here, i see it now... AND OF COURSE I GET MAD AS HELL,, anyone would if that happen to them.

Pft, some things obviously never change with you.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:08:40 05/02/2013 by Aura24
#21 Posted: 18:06:09 05/02/2013
If you want online gameplay, buy a game with online gameplay.
If you want Activision to get the message, send them one...either a physical letter, email, or just stop buying the games.
Simple as that.
---
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#22 Posted: 18:09:57 05/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
I just don't understand why they can't add online and new Adventure Packs. I want a game as long or longer than the first game.

The graphics look great this time around, and I can't lie that I would love to see what all of the old Skylanders look like with somewhat newer graphics, but online would have made this game's replayability even better, as well as the addition of new Adventure Packs.

Meh...The adventure packs are more annoying than enjoyable. They force you to potentially buy things you have no desire for (skylander and/or item upgrade). The adventure toy does nothing but sit on your shelf outside of the first 30 seconds of use.

I'm fairly certain that every parent on the planet would rather put that $80 into 4 skylanders of choice (10 bucks a piece, say) and the other $40 into a game that has equivalent levels to the price of the main. That would be about, oh, 12 extra levels instead of four (40 vs 50 x 16 levels in Giants). (Assuming $40 compares to roughly $50 for the main game disc guesstimating backwards from Starter Pack, and being generous in doing so considering Portal and 3 Skylanders)...

Bang for your buck.

Only a collector would find a workaround of creating gameplay (IE more levels) and replacing it with a couple forced toys enjoyable. That which you are, so at least I understand where you're coming from...I just don't agree. smilie
---
Here we go again...!
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#23 Posted: 18:15:23 05/02/2013
Apologetic fans that aren't critical of the franchises they like are why franchises die off. Demand more from the developers or these games will die a slow death.
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#24 Posted: 19:19:56 05/02/2013
Quote: Reaganag
Swap Force looks awesome so far.

This!
#25 Posted: 19:27:03 05/02/2013
Bunny. Pancake. Done. I'm out...
[User Posted Image]
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#26 Posted: 19:29:24 05/02/2013
I do love the concept so far....seems fun and adds more value to the figures overall.
Jimmy Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#27 Posted: 23:12:46 05/02/2013

Um mr abrakadabra or whatever your name is, this forum is for the fans of skylanders!
If you wanna hate on something that isn't even out yet then that just shows you are not a fan at all!
TRUE FANS wanna see new things and get to try them and are excited to see how this game ends up, which is made by the same devs who made the skylanders adventure game on 3ds and that was AMAZING! so stop hating, this forum is becoming a lame lil place for people to cause drama and i really am sick of it! Also it's not being built on the wii and ported , it's being made specially for next gen consoles with the wii being made by a different dev ..nuff said ... as for all the fans, I'M EXCITED! ^-^
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#28 Posted: 23:17:19 05/02/2013
They cool if you are in kindergarten
jainasky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1016
#29 Posted: 23:53:16 05/02/2013
I know I am looking forward to it, just saw the video on facebook. I want the pirate octopus.
---
jainasky
Lady Skylanders collector from the Southern US
Favorite characters: Whirlwind, Flashwing, Molten Hot Dog, Eye Brawl and Ninjini
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#30 Posted: 00:07:21 06/02/2013
Quote: EmperorKaos
They cool if you are in kindergarten

Go away please.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#31 Posted: 00:16:38 06/02/2013
Quote: Skylanders Dad
Quote: GameMaster78

Meh...The adventure packs are more annoying than enjoyable. They force you to potentially buy things you have no desire for (skylander and/or item upgrade). The adventure toy does nothing but sit on your shelf outside of the first 30 seconds of use.

I have the Darklight Crypt and it's always by my side when I'm about to be screwed completely by hundreds of Nightmare-mode enemies as a level 5 Warnado. (I really need to upgrade him)
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#32 Posted: 00:20:51 06/02/2013
I am excited for swap-force.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#33 Posted: 00:27:01 06/02/2013
Oh crap man... Didn't we learn from the first game not to judge a game so quickly? Right now I'm in the middle on it. It seems like a neat idea, and I wasn't expecting it, and while part of me is sad and worried to see TFB not developing it this time, the little gameplay I did see in the trailer looks promising. VV looks like they know what they're doing, so that's comforting. Still, something about the swapping thing seems odd and maybe slightly overkill.

I will say this though... The new portal looks so awesome! :3
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me