First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I am dissapointed. [CLOSED]
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#51 Posted: 20:47:51 11/02/2013
Spyro is amazing. I love Spyro and had I not been alarmed by Spyro's new appearance I wouldn't have even touched Skylanders. Once I did though I fell back in love with the purple dragon that could.

In saying that, I am fully aware of and thought they did a good job in making sure no one character took the spotlight. The subtitle "Spyro's Adventure" was just a marketing gimmick from the get-go. It wasn't that Spyro was the main character, it was them using the already established Spyro name to sell units. If none of you guys saw that, that is your fault caused by your own naiveté.

I also find it odd that you guys seem to want another Spyro game. Spyro hasn't bee good since Year of The Dragon. Everything that came after that was poor and another game would result in him becoming an even more pathetic Sonic (another character I love but he really needs to just stop). I'm glad they gave Spyro a respectable home in Skylanders.

They need to also bring Crash for these same reasons (granted I was never a big fan of his but he and Spyro are symbols of PSOne for me).
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#52 Posted: 20:48:13 11/02/2013
Quote: Imada
Quote: OldClassicGamer
I am not going to bash the game since I dont have right to do it, but from what we all know about it, I am dissapointed. Alot. Why dont they do what they promesed? They said if Skylanders sell well ( It sold really good) that they will bring back classic Spyro. This game will have to do much less with Spyro then first 2. Spyro is heading in direction Rayman was with rabbids series. First game was decent, second one was ok but we didnt see rayman on cover. Same with Spyro. We dont see his name in title. I do not like that smilie
Ubisoft later seperated Rabbids and Rayman in 2 different series so I hope Activision can do same. Spyro needs a game like the first 3. That is my opinion and if you disagree, tell it on nice way please.

He is right, Its never Spyro in Skylanders, everyone refers as Skylanders as its own. I sometimes forget it is a Spyro game

its not a spyro game smilie its a game with spyro in it, as they have said when being asked about special spyro figures/lightcore 'we dont want any particular character to outshine another'
Pandaman Red Sparx Gems: 64
#53 Posted: 21:27:28 11/02/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Spyro is amazing. I love Spyro and had I not been alarmed by Spyro's new appearance I wouldn't have even touched Skylanders. Once I did though I fell back in love with the purple dragon that could.

In saying that, I am fully aware of and thought they did a good job in making sure no one character took the spotlight. The subtitle "Spyro's Adventure" was just a marketing gimmick from the get-go. It wasn't that Spyro was the main character, it was them using the already established Spyro name to sell units. If none of you guys saw that, that is your fault caused by your own naiveté.

I also find it odd that you guys seem to want another Spyro game. Spyro hasn't bee good since Year of The Dragon. Everything that came after that was poor and another game would result in him becoming an even more pathetic Sonic (another character I love but he really needs to just stop). I'm glad they gave Spyro a respectable home in Skylanders.

They need to also bring Crash for these same reasons (granted I was never a big fan of his but he and Spyro are symbols of PSOne for me).

To start with, Sonic is getting better with Colors and Generations. I'll admit he's practically everywhere, but in certain cases (EX. Brawl, Wreck-it Ralph, etc.) he does make things better.

As for Spyro, I feel that it mostly depends on which series you like better, From what I could tell, smilie was good up to a certain point, but the way it was presented felt a bit corny and even stereo typical at times. smilie has a good story and mythos, but gameplay could of been a little bit better. Finally, smilie was designed for a younger audience in mind while having a decent story and gameplay, but he is no longer the main focus.

Personally, I think they should of made it with the style of both the original and the legends type of feel to it, complete with some of the characters from both series (parts being skylanders; others being NPCs) while still having some originality to it. Granted, I am not a enthusiast when it comes to spyro; but I think that when it comes down to it, I want skylanders to succeed in becoming a awesome game that can inspire other would-be gamers to become fans in their own right. Maybe even change the gaming world for the better.
---
The manliest of all men is a flippin' panda! smilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me