Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I am dissapointed. [CLOSED]
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#1 Posted: 16:23:16 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I am not going to bash the game since I dont have right to do it, but from what we all know about it, I am dissapointed. Alot. Why dont they do what they promesed? They said if Skylanders sell well ( It sold really good) that they will bring back classic Spyro. This game will have to do much less with Spyro then first 2. Spyro is heading in direction Rayman was with rabbids series. First game was decent, second one was ok but we didnt see rayman on cover. Same with Spyro. We dont see his name in title. I do not like that smilie
Ubisoft later seperated Rabbids and Rayman in 2 different series so I hope Activision can do same. Spyro needs a game like the first 3. That is my opinion and if you disagree, tell it on nice way please.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#2 Posted: 16:32:42 05/02/2013
I don't think you'll ever get a Spyro game again, at least not of the same ilk as the originals.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#3 Posted: 16:35:22 05/02/2013
this^ And it obviously never comfirmed. It all your fault to be so gullible and believe any random rumor
---
THE END IS NEAR
#4 Posted: 16:43:04 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
What was never confirmed? Activision saying about Classic Spyro? Can you give me proof it was fake rumor
#5 Posted: 19:24:01 05/02/2013
CAN YOU GIVE ME PROOF THAT THIS IS LEGIT INFO!?
---
THE END IS NEAR
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#6 Posted: 19:27:00 05/02/2013
Quote: nitendofan92
CAN YOU GIVE ME PROOF THAT THIS IS LEGIT INFO!?

It was confirmed in an interview smilie
#7 Posted: 19:27:58 05/02/2013
wich one? can you give it? Fanboy always misread info...
---
THE END IS NEAR
#8 Posted: 19:50:32 05/02/2013

Geez, what's your problem man?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 19:59:28 05/02/2013
I'm not disappointed in them for any of that that. I'm disappointed because Sony's on the cusp of potentially announcing its next-gen console and Microsoft may be as well, but Activision wants another game out this year before the PSFuture and X-Box 720 are here. Now, one could make an argument Toys for Bob is actually working on a next-gen Skylanders, which would explain their unusual absence from any involvement in this project, but given the lack of any information, I'm going to assume that's probably not happening. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10 Posted: 20:03:57 05/02/2013
I'm just tired that fanboy only believe what they want and throw a misfit when reality don't go like they wanted
---
THE END IS NEAR
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#11 Posted: 20:04:05 05/02/2013
We need a Spyro Origins or Spyro Generations! =_=

Why they don't understand that the most people want Insomniac Spyro back. <<

Yes they promised us a NEW Spyro game.... Activision and Toys for Bob are liar!
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#12 Posted: 20:08:02 05/02/2013
^ This SO MUCH
#13 Posted: 20:13:16 05/02/2013
Quote: XSparxX

And why don't you guys understand Insomniac did get tired of Spyro? Sure, the majority of staff in both its Burbank and North Carolina studios probably did not work there for Spyro, but the more senior members are still there and are working on other things... with Electronic Arts *gulp*. <.<;
---
#14 Posted: 20:17:50 05/02/2013
''Why they don't understand that the most people want Insomniac Spyro back. <<''
Yeah sure smilie

I doubt they promised to go back to the root after the first skylanders. If so why I never heard about this info mmmhh? After all it will be far more productive to work on the franchise that give a huge ammount of money that attempt to please ungratful fans that are never happy of what they to begin with
---
THE END IS NEAR
#15 Posted: 20:37:21 05/02/2013
Quote: HIR

And why don't you guys understand Insomniac did get tired of Spyro? Sure, the majority of staff in both its Burbank and North Carolina studios probably did not work there for Spyro, but the more senior members are still there and are working on other things... with Electronic Arts *gulp*. <.<;

With "Insomniac Spyro" I don't mean Insomniac should be develop a new Spyro again, I mean the old "Insomniac Spyro Gameplay". Not only Spyro fans want a new Spyro game with the Insomniac style back, the most other Gamers want it too. So I don't know why Publisher not listen on peoples -.-. Skylanders can exist I don't have a problem with Skylanders, I like it. But where is the problem that Spyro can not coexist with his own game? Activision make so much win and money with Skylanders and CoD! A new Spyro game don't kill their! <.<
I wish the fusion between Activision and Vivendi would never happen. :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:42 05/02/2013 by XSparxX
#16 Posted: 20:39:58 05/02/2013

With "Insomniac Spyro" I don't mean Insomniac should be develop a new Spyro again, I mean the old "Insomniac Spyro Gameplay". Not only Spyro fans want a new Spyro game with the Insomniac style back, the most other Gamers want it too. So I don't know why Publisher not listen on peoples -.-. Skylanders can exist I don't have a problem with Skylanders, I like it. But where is the problem that Spyro can not co-exist with his own game? Activision make so much win and money with Skylanders and CoD! A new Spyro game don't kill their! <.<
I wish the fusion between Activision and Vivendi would never happen. :/

^ THIS THIS THIS
#17 Posted: 21:41:11 05/02/2013
Huh you don't understant that your opinion =/= everyone opinions. Look legend of Spyro are have more fan than the original trilogy. And it dosen't make sense to make another spyro reboot when it alreasy exist a reboot (Spyro is most likely be here so it even make less sense)
---
THE END IS NEAR
LegoLander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#18 Posted: 00:56:35 06/02/2013
^ This. I was just about to pull a...
[User Posted Image]
---
The person who finally changed his Christmas avatar. Give me a cookie.
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8947
#19 Posted: 01:11:03 06/02/2013

I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#20 Posted: 01:25:56 06/02/2013
Quote: Skyhunter

I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING.

I'm willing to bet if they did, there would be a "I am dissapointed." thread in that forum too. There's always someone who has distaste, usually from the result of something else that makes them want something different. And it always ends up turning into a "What they should have done" topic.

As far as future Spyro games, I don't think the announcing a third Skylanders game, which is something everyone was expecting to come eventually this month or next, prevents future developments with Spyro's back story. Perhaps the reason why Spyro has been so absent in S:G is because they are developing something story-wise for the dragon. Don't complain that he's 'still in the game and that's their opinion of a 'Spyro game',' chances are if they didn't give Spyro a repose for Giants, you would have complained then, too.

Everyone knows you can't please everyone. But don't be one of those people that's dissapointed no matter what.
#21 Posted: 02:02:07 06/02/2013
For all we know, Toys for Bob could be working on a dedicated Spyro game or something. I'm about 0.000001% confident in that, but I find their lack of involvement in Swap Force VERY peculiar...
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#22 Posted: 02:15:37 06/02/2013
i think toy for bob did not agree with activision on the jumping in ssf so they decided not to be a part of it. i am confident they are working on a proper skylanders game. that will arrive next year, it will have online game play and spyro.
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#23 Posted: 02:43:59 06/02/2013
The games werent meant to be spyros. They put his name in the first game so older fans would buy it and toys so kids would buy it. Now we are all looking up more about it and buying more. So what if he isn't in the game? He isn't exactly the best Fighting-wise anyway.
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#24 Posted: 03:14:01 06/02/2013
^ Spyro was just a "jump start" to give reason for spyro fans to buy the game. Spyro isnt important to the skylanders franchise anymore, skylanders will continue to grow and if not already surpass spyro.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#25 Posted: 03:19:16 06/02/2013
Can't we all deal with the fact that Spyro has changed...he may or may not come back... Just leave things like this behind and forge about classic Spyro now....he may not be here, but he's always "here" if you know what I mean....

But yea, just deal w/ it and move forward....
Edd Red Sparx Gems: 87
#26 Posted: 03:28:52 06/02/2013
Quote: isaac343018s
Can't we all deal with the fact that Spyro has changed...he may or may not come back... Just leave things like this behind and forge about classic Spyro now....he may not be here, but he's always "here" if you know what I mean....

But yea, just deal w/ it and move forward....

words can't describe how much i agree with this
---
Don't let the excitement spoil your grammar, Eddy.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#27 Posted: 03:36:45 06/02/2013
eh..ive never been a spyro fan...in fact, the fact that spyro was in the name of the original is the only thing that kept me away from the original game for so many months before i saw that it wasnt actually focused around him.

based off everything that ive seen i cant see them making a spyro game for some time, as long as skylanders is around..making a spyro only game would be very strange. im sure when the day comes that
skylanders stops being popular spyro may make a reappearance.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#28 Posted: 03:58:39 06/02/2013
This topic proves the spyro fans vs the skylanders fans. This alliance with spyro and skylanders made this weird rivalry that makes no sense! I'm obviously biased towards skylanders, but there has been some pretty heated arguments lately.
#29 Posted: 04:13:13 06/02/2013
I'm on neither side. But I'm realist
---
THE END IS NEAR
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#30 Posted: 05:04:22 06/02/2013
You know the main problem with the original Spyro games is that they were inevitably and unfortunately inconsistent in just about every way. The allies seem to always be different, the gameplay seems to be different even the villains are never the same, you get Gnasty Gnorc, then Ripto, then the Sorceress and then Ripto over over and over again. There's no constant pattern and it just keeps changing throughout time. At first Crush and Gulp two of Ripto's minions were unable to talk and then they talk in Enter the Dragonfly? There really was inconsistency and even true Spyro fans can't deny that and Ripto sure knew how to get old very fast. He's actually almost more annoying than Bowser from the Mario games and that's a new low.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#31 Posted: 06:53:53 06/02/2013
For all we know, Toys for Bob could be working on a dedicated Spyro game or something. I'm about 0.000001% confident in that, but I find their lack of involvement in Swap Force VERY peculiar...

Dark said earlier that acti is doubling down ala call of duty. Vv has been working on this since during giants. Tfb is now working on a game for 2014. Then vv again in 2015. It gives each team 2 years to work.

Quote: kappapopm
i think toy for bob did not agree with activision on the jumping in ssf so they decided not to be a part of it. i am confident they are working on a proper skylanders game. that will arrive next year, it will have online game play and spyro.

Source? I really doubt tfb objected to jumping.

Love random opinions/guesses made to sound like fact.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#32 Posted: 13:35:54 06/02/2013
Isn't Spyro a figure? Use him, make him the star of your Skylanders game. Why are people complaining that Spyro isn't the front-runner anymore? As far as I'm concerened he is terrible compared to other 'Landers.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#33 Posted: 13:40:03 06/02/2013
seeing how skylanders making tremendous cash to Activision sad to say but we wont see any spyros game for couple years......
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#34 Posted: 15:04:02 06/02/2013
Please Activision sell the Spyro rights to Sony. Thank you :3

Funny how some peoples means to "hate" Spyro. His original games sells more as the Skylander games. Without Spyro there would be no Skylanders. You should thank him for it! smilie
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#35 Posted: 15:10:05 06/02/2013
I don't want Spyro as a Skylander at all, honestly. Leave he, Cynder, and Sparx in as Easter eggs with future games, but otherwise they can get out completely. As a longtime Spyro fan, I gotta say my thoughts are that I loved Skylanders, but it killed Spyro. He's boring to play, he has no personality, he has mediocre reception from a large portion of players- heck, mine gather dust unlike nearly ever other toy. The only Spyro I ever pick up now is Dark Spyro for the 3DS version from time to time because on that he actually has a fun and unique moveset(yes, the one variant with a completely new moveset).
#36 Posted: 15:39:55 06/02/2013
^THIS! TfB and Activision has fun to play with Spyro's corpse :/

I was really happy to read that Crash has not the same fate as Spyro. u.u
---
#37 Posted: 16:15:23 06/02/2013

Funny how some peoples means to "hate" Spyro. His original games sells more as the Skylander games. Without Spyro there would be no Skylanders. You should thank him for it! -_-

The funny thing is, Sony has the rights to the Insomniac games... which is why they're only on the PSN... <.<;
---
#38 Posted: 16:21:26 06/02/2013

Funny how some peoples means to "hate" Spyro. His original games sells more as the Skylander games. Without Spyro there would be no Skylanders. You should thank him for it! smilie

The funny thing is, Sony has the rights to the Insomniac games... which is why they're only on the PSN... <.<;

But only for the NTSC-Version or? They don't have the PAL-Version in Europe PSN...It's only in English.
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#39 Posted: 16:34:22 06/02/2013
Quote: TorchSheep

Geez, what's your problem man?

He is a bit uppity, but I would like a link if you have it.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#40 Posted: 16:36:51 06/02/2013
Only the NTSC version. I gotta say, it was pretty disappointing that this happened... Cause Gateway To Glimmer is a better name, and the NTSC-PSN version has the Sunrise Spring music as the Sorceress' soundtrack. smilie
#41 Posted: 17:36:03 06/02/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Only the NTSC version. I gotta say, it was pretty disappointing that this happened... Cause Gateway To Glimmer is a better name, and the NTSC-PSN version has the Sunrise Spring music as the Sorceress' soundtrack. XD

Well it's the original version, which according to Ted Price was rushed through development to meet deadlines, so there were a few issues (like not being able to add in all the music). The Platinum Hits version supposedly fixed this. <.<;
---
#42 Posted: 17:44:42 06/02/2013

ORLY!?
---
THE END IS NEAR
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#43 Posted: 18:01:16 06/02/2013
Spyro was whored out to help the initial skylanders launch. There's no denying that. What's sad now is that people hate skylanders because they feel this is the reason there's no actual spyro game. Noone here knows that for a fact. Noone here knows they aren't working on one right now. They just use skylanders as a scapegoat. Spyro isn't the only character out there who deserves a new game.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#44 Posted: 18:11:50 06/02/2013
I thought they just promised a "Spyro game", not a "Classic" Spyro game...
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#45 Posted: 19:49:46 06/02/2013
^If so, they didn't broken they're promise
---
THE END IS NEAR
#46 Posted: 20:16:41 06/02/2013

ORLY!?

Oh yes.

They broke their promise...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:14 06/02/2013 by XSparxX
#47 Posted: 07:46:35 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Exactly, they did broke promise since none of games after Skylanders 1 were "Spyro Game"
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#48 Posted: 12:19:16 11/02/2013
I don't see why people are so surprised Acti didn't keep their "promise", it's just a video game after all.

Quote: cowpowa23
I thought they just promised a "Spyro game", not a "Classic" Spyro game...

If they did mention a new Spyro game after SSA, I agree, I don't think they said specifically a Classic Spyro game.
---
but i love it all smooth
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#49 Posted: 18:37:59 11/02/2013

Yes they promised us a NEW Spyro game.... Activision and Toys for Bob are liar!

Nope, that's now what the money said. As cool as Spyro is it isn't gonna make as much bucks as Skylanders.
---
cry baby, I am
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#50 Posted: 20:21:03 11/02/2013
Quote: OldClassicGamer
I am not going to bash the game since I dont have right to do it, but from what we all know about it, I am dissapointed. Alot. Why dont they do what they promesed? They said if Skylanders sell well ( It sold really good) that they will bring back classic Spyro. This game will have to do much less with Spyro then first 2. Spyro is heading in direction Rayman was with rabbids series. First game was decent, second one was ok but we didnt see rayman on cover. Same with Spyro. We dont see his name in title. I do not like that smilie
Ubisoft later seperated Rabbids and Rayman in 2 different series so I hope Activision can do same. Spyro needs a game like the first 3. That is my opinion and if you disagree, tell it on nice way please.

He is right, Its never Spyro in Skylanders, everyone refers as Skylanders as its own. I sometimes forget it is a Spyro game
---
Im so proud of you
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me