Page 1 of 1
Lots of hate already... [CLOSED]
Mori-DogMovies Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#1 Posted: 16:21:15 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Just hours after the announcement and people are already complaining. Did you whine this much when Giants was announced? And how many of those figures have you voraciously scavenged from your retail outlet of choice? Aren't your shelves lined with figures? How many of you have an ungodly amount of money dumped into a game that should have only cost $60? Lets face it...everything is on the disc already. The figures were all a fad to sell "stuff". How many Mario and Sonic action figures have sold the way Skylanders have? You've poured hard earned cash (or, in my case, traded tons of games) into collecting these figures for the last 15 months for two games. Why the sudden hate for a game that follows the same formula (as Activision is known to do) as the other games?

I can't understand why everyone is so up-in-arms over the lack of online co-op/battles. I wanted a jump button in the first game, but that didn't keep me from enjoying it. Giants didn't provide that feature, but we still bought it and love it as much as the first. I appreciate the fact that it's a "couch co-op" title because there are so few of them these days. This game was built for the family market and keeping the co-op in-home makes it that much more of a family friendly title. It's a wonderful feeling to sit in the floor with my daughters and play together. That's what my father and I did way back in the Atari 2600 days and those are memories I'll never lose. Too many kids these days are all too eager to go online and show their assumed superiority by dominating a faceless name in an online game. What's the difference in playing against a computer-controlled character? None, really, unless you add the obnoxious voice of a 12-year-old who's been left home alone and ready to try out all the amazing new swear words he's learned on the internet and from his school friends over lunch.

The point is, most of you aren't going to be happy with anything. They could give you the redesigned Spyro you want, online multiplayer co-op, death matches, and solid gold figures that get up and change themselves...all for free...and there would still be people complaining. Have you thought about just sitting back and enjoying the game for the sake of playing a game? You can't please everyone, but Activision isn't going to have a problem selling something you guys seem to think so little of. The only reason Guitar Hero came to an end is because people stopped buying it.

And I bet at least half of you complaining will still buy the next Skylanders game.
---
ME: "Who's this, sweetheart?" MY DAUGHTER: "That's Camo...he poops fruit!"
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 16:22:34 05/02/2013
My wishlist:

All 32 new landers

Whatever s3's I like
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#3 Posted: 16:23:43 05/02/2013
I think the biggest issue with this game was that it was started before SG. So it's not like it's building upon the progress that was made this last year. SSF looks pretty cool but it doesn't look like all that much of a step forward as far as the franchise is concerned.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#4 Posted: 16:29:50 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
BLAST ZONE IS BEST SWAP FORCE

How do you know this? Do you have inside information?
---
#5 Posted: 16:37:46 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zylek
I think the biggest issue with this game was that it was started before SG. So it's not like it's building upon the progress that was made this last year. SSF looks pretty cool but it doesn't look like all that much of a step forward as far as the franchise is concerned.

Show me a single Activision series that made huge leaps from game to game.

Call Of Duty? Sorry, nope.

Tony Hawk? Please.

Guitar Hero? HA!

Spider-Man? Still waiting...

Point is, they have a formula that WORKS. It sells. And how do you know it was "started before SG"? If you have a reference, please share. I have not seen that written anywhere. And does it matter if it was started before SG? How is Giants a step forward from S:SA?
New figures? Check.
New story? Check.
New features? Check.
That's all they need for another installment. Get it out the door...
---
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#6 Posted: 17:47:17 05/02/2013
lol this is Activision all they care is 90% making money and 10% gameplay to make fans happy.yet we always buy their products. :-P
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#7 Posted: 17:49:29 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: FLEIJA
lol this is Activision all they care is 90% making money and 10% gameplay to make fans happy.yet we always buy their products. :-P

The only way Guitar Hero died was for people to stop buying the constant updates. We are our own worst enemies.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#8 Posted: 18:47:11 05/02/2013
Any "hate" you see from me is actually from a person who occasionally pays attention to this series just for the hell of it. I want to try a Skylanders game (if only because I want people to stop throwing me the "BUT YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED IT" card when I criticise it), and my friend might be able to bring it over this week as his little brother has it. But I think it looks mediocre at best. Definitely not worth the asking price, and definitely not one of the best co-op games of the generation. Shallow fun for a half an hour at best.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#9 Posted: 19:14:23 05/02/2013
To respond to a very specific part of the OP's message: Yes, yes they did complain this much when Giants was announced. Majority of complainers bought it anyway, and now they're still back doing the same thing this time.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#10 Posted: 19:22:40 05/02/2013
Quote: Tashiji
To respond to a very specific part of the OP's message: Yes, yes they did complain this much when Giants was announced. Majority of complainers bought it anyway, and now they're still back doing the same thing this time.

glad i wasnt around to see that....but you know every one here will be fighting over the new figures when it comes out. and they'll still complain. All the "hate" is really getting to me too.

no one is telling you, that you HAVE to buy the game or any of these figures. reposed or not, i think we all have our own brains that make the decision for us.
#11 Posted: 19:26:05 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tashiji

I'm becoming aware of that...
Thanks for the insight.

In case I forgot, here is my mandatory, anger management bunny with a pancake on its head:
[User Posted Image]
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#12 Posted: 19:39:07 05/02/2013
(Note: I wasn't around for the majority of Giants' beginnings. I was there for Spyro's Adventure and a good portion of the so called Spyro "fans" instantly hated it. I had assumed that by the time the franchise kicked off as its own thing, people wouldn't be frowning after the word of the release of a new game.)

My reaction: Oh my gosh! Swap Force looks awesome! Maybe this fandom won't act like every other one on the Internet and will actually be looking forward to change and getting the new game! O,D,O

Most others' reaction: OMG THIS GAEM WEL SUKZ BECUZZ TOYS FER BOB ARNT MAKIN IT!!!1!WERN!!!!!!!1! / *variant of the former*

And I have not seen one well reasoned argument as to why the people who hate it do so vigilantly! They just do! The only conclusion is that their subconscious is trolling themselves because they know that they will buy the new game and they're simply stirring up rage! And god, I'm feeding them...

I actually expected better, I shouldn't have, but thank you for reminding me why I don't like the majority of this site any more, guys. ^D^ b We haven't received ONE SECOND of footage and it's been just a few hours since announcement, and people are already jumping the gun to fire at everything!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:56 05/02/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#13 Posted: 19:41:36 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GamingMaster_76
(Note: I wasn't around for the majority of Giants' beginnings. I was there for Spyro's Adventure and a good portion of the so called Spyro "fans" instantly hated it. I had assumed that by the time the franchise kicked off as its own thing, people wouldn't be frowning after the word of the release of a new game.)

My reaction: Oh my gosh! Swap Force looks awesome! Maybe this fandom won't act like every other one on the Internet and will actually be looking forward to change and getting the new game! O,D,O

Everyone else's reaction: OMG THIS GAEM WEL SUKZ BECUZZ TOYS FER BOB ARNT MAKIN IT!!!1!WERN!!!!!!!1! / *variant of the former*

And I have not seen one well reasoned argument as to why the people who hate it do so vigilantly! They just do! The only conclusion is that their subconscious is trolling themselves because they know that they will buy the new game and they're simply stirring up rage! And god, I'm feeding them...

I actually expected better, I shouldn't have, but thank you for reminding me why I don't like the majority of this site any more, guys. ^D^ b We haven't received ONE SECOND of footage and it's been just a few hours since announcement, and people are already jumping the gun to fire at everything!

I'm worried that if I agree with you, I'll be labeled as an Activision sympathizer (i.e. buttkisser), but
HELL YEAH! It looks cool smilie
...for the kids of course. *cough, cough*
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#14 Posted: 20:02:37 05/02/2013
I dont get it. In giants, everyone hated sprocket because of her looks. Then she was amazing in game. Many people hated on stealth elf because she was overpowered. Um hello? The giants are overpowered. Many people will hate on this game and when it comes out and more info is realessed, it will be better...maybe
---
Gay 4 GARcher
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#15 Posted: 20:11:41 05/02/2013
I like it, It remember me of Itacante. In the game you where able to create robot with various part(Leg, arms and head) that you found trough your adventure. Each part have they're purpose: Behavour, capacity, speed, resistence. Some where needed to resolve certain puzzle. But I doubt skywsap will be that exploited
---
THE END IS NEAR
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#16 Posted: 20:59:56 05/02/2013
Quote: Mori-DogMovies
Just hours after the announcement and people are already complaining. Did you whine this much when Giants was announced?

No, obviously not, because Giants took what we already had and gave us just a little more of what we wanted. Swap Force is essentially restarting the whole series. Also, people are heavily invested in the first two games, so there will of course be resistance to anything new.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#17 Posted: 21:42:53 05/02/2013
^ORLY!? We save some screenshot the environnement are the same, the style is subtilly different and barely noticable. And people don't know about VV
---
THE END IS NEAR
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me