First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Skylanders Swap Force Announced! [CLOSED]
da_man671 Blue Sparx Gems: 634
#51 Posted: 11:18:37 05/02/2013
Prepare to spend over $400 guys
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#52 Posted: 11:22:01 05/02/2013
Going to put 50£ or more by a month in prep. smilie Hopefully by the time it's out i'll have enough to keep me going! I hope the magnets are strong so that they dont fall apart if jogged. I also dont like the portal. If i tip it slightly the skylander is going to fly off because there isn't a ledge like the current one. Hmm smilie
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#53 Posted: 11:23:54 05/02/2013
Quote: landbasered
you know, this may be obvious, but because of the joint needed for the magnets to be swappable, all of the swap force have waist articulation. It's not much, but it's a start.

That depends on how they apply the magnets. For example, two small magnets at each side of the waist, would mean you couldn't turn it at the waist without it coming apart or without it reforming (if you let go).
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
da_man671 Blue Sparx Gems: 634
#54 Posted: 11:57:03 05/02/2013
Excited for the 16 new normal skylanders!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#55 Posted: 12:10:41 05/02/2013
More new features: You can change the facial expressions of the faces.
It gives now element gates with two elements in one gate.
The Skylanders can fly to other flying islands in a level.

Source is a German interview: http://www.buffed.de/Skylander...-Spiel-1047468/
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#56 Posted: 12:48:52 05/02/2013
hmm i cant decide what my take on this is going to be...the skylanders looks like their made of a different material. And swaping parts? To me that makes the character feel less unique to its self. But we shall see i guess. I know i prob wont swap them around too much.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#57 Posted: 12:58:36 05/02/2013
WOW, just wow.. Looks amazing, EXCEPT... SERIES 3?? NOOOOOO!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#58 Posted: 13:07:45 05/02/2013
activision has enough kindness to give us jumping
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#59 Posted: 13:12:50 05/02/2013
Quote: da_man671
Prepare to spend over $400 guys

i am prepare to spend NOTHING this time... this swap-force looks crap and there is nothing new in it.. only a cash cow for bobby and his activision.... if no skylanders3 from toy for bob i am done with the skylanders.
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#60 Posted: 13:18:06 05/02/2013
Not buying anymore Giants or figures but maybe the Starter Pack of Swap Force...

I've spent about $500 dollars on this obsession...
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
skygrim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1407
#61 Posted: 13:23:02 05/02/2013
Well, looks like it'll be fun! Vicarious Visions made the first 3DS game, and IMHO, I found that game great fun.

The mix and match guys look a bit bland to me, lacking a bit of character, but loving the designs of the new Skylanders, and looking forward to some new costumes for the returning Skylanders, hope some of their powers are reimagined too. Also hoping they really think about the variants and lightcores and what would be cool (Still frustrated with the crappy light up on Drobot)

Bring on bigger levels, more in game achievements and stuff to collect/look for.

Would love to sit down and brainstorm this stuff with VV, but from all their past work they are clever enough on their own!

Still, I dread the cost of it all...no one is forcing me to buy it all...but I know I will!
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#62 Posted: 13:53:35 05/02/2013
Quote: skygrim
Well, looks like it'll be fun! Vicarious Visions made the first 3DS game, and IMHO, I found that game great fun.

The mix and match guys look a bit bland to me, lacking a bit of character, but loving the designs of the new Skylanders, and looking forward to some new costumes for the returning Skylanders, hope some of their powers are reimagined too. Also hoping they really think about the variants and lightcores and what would be cool (Still frustrated with the crappy light up on Drobot)

Bring on bigger levels, more in game achievements and stuff to collect/look for.

Would love to sit down and brainstorm this stuff with VV, but from all their past work they are clever enough on their own!

Still, I dread the cost of it all...no one is forcing me to buy it all...but I know I will!

yeah go ahead and throw your money away... i have put a stop to it now, if no skylanders from toy for bob, then it is over and it end here.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#63 Posted: 14:02:32 05/02/2013
Good god. I'm off the forum for a week and this happens. I both hate and love it. Regardless I think the character design is subpar. New stealthy kinda looks horrible.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#64 Posted: 14:09:08 05/02/2013
Wash Buckler looks like he belongs with those Disney Infinity characters...He's so smooth and clean looking that way...not very much like a Skylander. The other 4 characters look decent, especially Countdown and Magna Charge (and Blast Zone looks way cooler on screen than his action figure counterpart IMO).

Still have to see the rest of the work of characters to see how it will go. With 32 new characters, that's a lot of potential awesomeness with only 5 shown to us thus far. There's always gonna be a handful or so of characters that are "meh" to each person.

I'm interested about those hexagons at the base of the Swap Force Skylanders. My guess is that pertains to the legs/movement and there may be some areas that only that base can reach. (IE Wash Buckler's shows a ladder, so a ladder area in game will need his legs to get to)

That opens the door up to a lot of necessity for those of us that want to reach 100% completion...God help us if there's 16 different ones rather than just the 8 elementals you had to deal with in the prior 2 games...That would be a wallet destroyer.
---
Here we go again...!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#65 Posted: 14:29:46 05/02/2013
Well I'll be dammed. Short story even shorter, I'm actually genuinely intrigued.

The prospect of Vicarious making this next game for the next big thing for the franchise simply excites me. I actually had wished that the first Skylanders game on the console had been what the 3DS version was. I never expected it to actually happen!
The only thing I'm worried about is getting all the swap parts... I can just imagine how annoying and expensive that could get considering that Activision are publishing this... Of course. I guess I can live as long as EB accept preorders again.

I'm buying both Infinity and this... I'm looking forward to both... I just hope it will be pleasant getting the stuff for both.

Quote: UncleBob
"This year, Activision's in-house studio Vicarious Visions"

Hm.. Not Toys For Bob?

I actually think that this decision is better. They did an outstanding job with Spyro's Adventure on the 3DS which was the Skylanders game that originally had jumping, and I still think that it's the best Skylanders single-player game yet. Scratch that, best Skylanders thing ever. I know many people will disagree with me, but lovers gonna love. smilie

Edit: The one thing that I'm not thrilled with is that n-Space are coming back for the next 3DS game- don't get me wrong, I think it was a good game, it was just way too buggy. smilie It deleted my save game, for good sakes...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:38:12 05/02/2013 by GamingMaster_76
Deadmau5 Fan 98 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#66 Posted: 14:44:15 05/02/2013
Sounds cool and EXPENSIVE. I'm a bit annoyed at the new portal you have to pay for but I like it's design. Maybe it will be a bit cheaper? If I did get this, probably no S3 reposes (stealth elf AGAIN?) but the new characters look interesting. Except washbuckler. I do not like that design at ALL.
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#67 Posted: 14:45:44 05/02/2013
And I thought I hate Sprockets design when she was released... Roller Brawl looks awful.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#68 Posted: 15:10:41 05/02/2013
I hope CRASH is not a new Skylander for this game. X_x
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:29 05/02/2013 by XSparxX
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#69 Posted: 15:11:39 05/02/2013
the only downfall fall is why 2player coop and NO Online mode? facepalmed!
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#70 Posted: 15:15:24 05/02/2013

Hm.. Not Toys For Bob?

well, ask the forum member that works {still i hope} for VV about this decision and see if he has any information.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13909
#71 Posted: 15:15:29 05/02/2013
In an interview on Metro News they have basically said that Toys for Bob and Vicarious Visions will be both making Skylanders games, just like Call of Duty switching between developer each year - giving a two year development cycle for each game. (And they apparently started making this even before Giants)
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:39 05/02/2013 by dark52
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#72 Posted: 15:16:35 05/02/2013
Quote: SkylandersBoy
And there is one fire new called Countdown

Also, people, don't worry, it's 16 new skylanders, they said 56 because of the lightcore and the series 3 ones

Dude Countdown is tech
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#73 Posted: 15:19:35 05/02/2013
I have mixed feelings about this. oh well I guess we'll have to wait and see. no online and 2players was really a huge letdown for me.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#74 Posted: 15:21:50 05/02/2013

Hm.. Not Toys For Bob?

It looks like Activision is applying their "Call of Duty" method here. Original developer creates game one year, other developer the next year, and they alternate doing this until the end of time.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#75 Posted: 15:26:51 05/02/2013
We should at least be optimistic about the figure selection. Far more new characters than old, no reposes of Giants in sight (YAY!), and what reposes they do have appear to be limited to the 8 that weren't in the previous generation plus 8 more with what appear to be radical redesigns that will look different in game. Pretty cool array of toys this time. Glad I won't have to re-buy many oldies, ECSTATIC that they didn't do the jerk thing and repose all those expensive Giants, and even though I think they new characters are unimaginative, I thought the same thing with S2 before they grew on me.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#76 Posted: 15:28:15 05/02/2013
This is cool news, there are some interesting things hidden in the announcement:

First of all, Toys For Bob seems to be out - but, I think there is more to this than that. Activision did something similar in Call of Duty, they split the franchise between two studios (Infinity Ward and Treyarch). I imagine they are doing the same here, to give each a two year window to work on a new version. It is hard to come up with a fully featured new game in a year that will innovate as they state they want to do.

Vicarious Visions did a good job on SSA 3DS, so Activision probably set them to making Swap Force when the first game shipped, and TFB already had Giants in the works. And now, TFB is probably working on Skylanders 4 for 2014. They will alternate as long as the property stay hot. Two year cycle means good news that each game won't just be a "roster update" with a few new bells and whistles, ala Madden.

My main concern is one of my favorite things about Skylanders, the tiny touches TFB has done. Things like the crowd chanting your figure's name in the Arenas, or other small things. I love those sorts of things. The 3DS version was fun, but it didn't have nearly as many of those little touches. Hopefully VV will stay true to the past.

I'd like online multiplayer, but for a kids game, this is understandable, I'd rather my kids not have to be exposed to the greater XBox Live population. This is a big concern for them, and given the physical nature of the figures, I get that it is a "living room experience". The lack of four player is a bigger loss, for me.

Another interesting thing is that the Wii is relegated to a port, probably not even a full featured one. This is good news for most because it frees them to be a little more cutting edge on the technical details. They aren't anchored by an under-powered platform anymore.

Lastly, the figures are cool, but the new ones don't have as much detail or personality as the Giants figures, in my opinion. They will probably grow on me some in the future. The magnets in the Swap Force ones is very interesting, I would have though a magnet would interfere with the portal field, probably some neat technical details behind this technology. Especially considering let's say you put two Swap Force on the platform, how does it know which upper half is connected to which lower half?
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#77 Posted: 15:30:48 05/02/2013
I wonder how it'll handle swapping variant parts of the same character lol.
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#78 Posted: 15:33:07 05/02/2013
Quote: Monsinour

Hm.. Not Toys For Bob?

well, ask the forum member that works {still i hope} for VV about this decision and see if he has any information.

after more investigation, he hasn't logged on to the boards since thanksgiving.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#79 Posted: 15:40:16 05/02/2013
Actually... On the subject of Wii version, does anyone seriously expect it?

The Wii U is Nintendo's new system, Skylanders will help sell those new systems to kids who like Nintendo systems and love Skylanders(and those undoubtedly exist), and putting Swap Force on the Wii would [partially] undercut potential gain on those newer bundles. I can imagine that parents will be buying a sparkly Wii U with the new Skylanders game this holiday season it it isn't ported to the older one because that will get a smile from little Timmy.

There's not a big reason for them to put it on the Wii, business wise, since without question some more Wii U units will shift this year- Monster Hunter, Rayman, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, and Pikmin 3 are this year(as well as Bayonetta 2 IIRC), and sometime, presumably within the next couple of years, X, new Super Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros., are what I remember off of the top of my head- really, the only market they'll be losing if it isn't on the Wii are people who can't yet afford/want to wait for a Wii U, and most of those people will have a PS3/360 regardless.

Of course, my entire post is moot if a Wii version was announced. So many articles to read but my eyes are lazy at the moment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:59 05/02/2013 by GamingMaster_76
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#80 Posted: 15:47:58 05/02/2013
Wii was announced I believe and it's critical. Wii U doesn't have the install base at the moment and won't by October either, whereas the Wii is a ready made install base for the game. I'd be surprised if Giants didn't ship more units on Wii than any other system too.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13909
#81 Posted: 15:48:51 05/02/2013
Going by the UK charts the Wii version of Giants was definitely the top seller.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#82 Posted: 15:49:38 05/02/2013
If the Wii was the reason they didn't add content after the original release due to it's putrid updating ability, then I hope the Wii get left behind so that they can add new content later into the release.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#83 Posted: 15:50:36 05/02/2013
I think the install base of Wii owners with Skylanders is just too large to ignore for them not to come out with a version for it. It'll look and perform significantly worse, but it'll be there. Activision kept putting Call of Duty and Guitar Hero games on the PS2 well after users moved past the old generation of consoles, and they still sold quite well.

If anything, this'll definitely be the last year for Wii support from most developers. Since it'll be full steam ahead with the next generation of consoles later this year into next.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#84 Posted: 15:53:04 05/02/2013
I just realized that character jumping means there will be platforming in this game, which greatly increases the difficulty and frustration for young children. One of the great things about the first two games is that there is no real platforming. You often can't fall off, and you are not punished when you do manage to fall.

On a positive note, maybe this means the game will be more challenging for adults.
#85 Posted: 15:55:31 05/02/2013
But the kids who started with the first game are a little older now, and ready for the challenges that platforming presents. I think they had to do it this year, because otherwise, the older users who started with the game would be getting ready to move on to more challenging and involving fare.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#86 Posted: 15:58:35 05/02/2013
If there is not any online play, that means Disney Infinity will have that extra ability over Skylanders for almost a year and a half, and that's if they decide to add it in the 2014 game.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#87 Posted: 17:27:18 05/02/2013
Good Lord my wallet can't take this.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#88 Posted: 18:03:38 05/02/2013
On the topic of Giants on Wii vs Wii U:
I work demoing consoles and one of the games I got to work with over the Christmas build up was Giants on Wii U. Most people who played it wanted to know where to get it [Wii U version] and were being told by various Game shop staff that only the Wii version existed and the Wii U version was the same as the Wii version. Even the Miiverse Community for Giants had many questions asking where players could by the U version. It is only now that the Wii U version is easily available online (it was a launch title by the way). Perhaps some of the poor Wii U Giants sales are down to this staff misinformation and stock difficulties?
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#89 Posted: 19:01:32 05/02/2013
They said no online coop but I don't think no online pvp is confirmed. I could be mistaken. With this announcement tho I am officially no longer buying reposes or ingame variants (unless is get the variant before the regular) Its too much. There's no way I'm gonna do it for swap force so I have no need to do it for my giants collection. I'm kind of disappointed but it is what it is. I don't knock acti for doing it but I just can't see me doing it.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#90 Posted: 19:08:01 05/02/2013
^ While this is true, you've got to give them a little credit for not re-posing all 8 Giants with path switching and a Wow Pow. It could've been worse.
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#91 Posted: 19:21:18 05/02/2013
Quote: ThePunchPopFizz
They said no online coop but I don't think no online pvp is confirmed. I could be mistaken. With this announcement tho I am officially no longer buying reposes or ingame variants (unless is get the variant before the regular) Its too much. There's no way I'm gonna do it for swap force so I have no need to do it for my giants collection. I'm kind of disappointed but it is what it is. I don't knock acti for doing it but I just can't see me doing it.

Same here. We have bought all the reposes so far with the thought that all figures would eventually be S2, but by differentiating with S3 + new abilities and re-releasing figures like Stealth Elf and Eruptor, we can't justify rebuying these characters. If we do buy S:SF, we'll stick to the newlanders + Swap Force figures and probably just buy my son's favorites rather than trying to collect them all.
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#92 Posted: 19:23:15 05/02/2013
Quote: Tashiji
^ While this is true, you've got to give them a little credit for not re-posing all 8 Giants with path switching and a Wow Pow. It could've been worse.

It will happen eventually.
#93 Posted: 19:24:53 05/02/2013
Quote: YOLOrenzo
Quote: Tashiji

It will happen eventually.

It might not, if Swap Force is the series' nail in the coffin as some would have you believe.
jpawlik8 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#94 Posted: 21:24:45 05/02/2013
Anypics for Eruptors Pose?
---
Have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#95 Posted: 21:53:26 05/02/2013
I strongly believe that Eruptor and the use of the term series 3 are Geek Dad information everyone else is now peddling as confirmed news.

There was an older Eruptor used on the demo to indicate backward capacity of the new game. Since no one has seen a new Eruptor it seems likely that whoever wrote the Geek Dad article was simply a little confused.

In addition during the video Geek Dad uses the term series 3, but this seems to make the developer cringe. The developer tries to refer to them simply as returning favorites but this did not take in the fan community. I do not expect to see series 3 written on the boxes.
TheLurk Blue Sparx Gems: 533
#96 Posted: 22:08:17 05/02/2013
Quote: t7gga
lol, so where are all the people complaining that Disney Infinity toys looked like they were made by fisher price ...

[User Posted Image]

Omg!! It's Davey Jones!! smilie This whole game concept has rattled me. I can't decide if I think this is the dumnest thing I've ever heard or awesome in disguise. I hope they keep the clever jokes and character interaction. I love the details they did in both SSA and SG and if this can't entertain me, no amount of kicking is gonna bring a dead horse back to life. Just sayin'.
---
SF 13 SF, 19 reg, 5 LC, TT, FF, JBB
Got: extra Cynders, 1 Lgd Trigger Happy.
WE WON THE SUPERBOWL!! WOOHOO!!
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#97 Posted: 02:47:58 06/02/2013
so basicllly there new swapable ones and new ones like the bomb dude and the undead skater Countdown
Rollerbraw

so this mean we have new ones that swap and dont swap
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#98 Posted: 03:10:01 06/02/2013
^ Yes, 16 swapable skylanders, 16 new skylanders, and 16 returning fan favorites. I hope these include the 8 unreposed from giants.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#99 Posted: 04:15:13 06/02/2013
I noticed an unanswered question and my curiosity got the best of me. how do you people think swapforce will handle true variants? knowing skylanders, there will be 3ds exclusives and legendaries. if you had a legendary magna charge and a wash buckler and decided that you wanted to make a combo using L magna charge's legs and wash buckler's torso, will the game simply register it as legendary wash charge? or will the game make some lame excuse that a skylander requires both halves to be able to be counted as "legendary"?

let's just hope the new game is longer than 20 levels. i had trouble leveling up any figure past 7 before i got bored in giants.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#100 Posted: 16:47:28 06/02/2013
Part of me hopes that it'll require both pieces for it to be Legendary, but I can easily see it just changing the name. So like in your instance, it'd be Legendary Wash Charge or Legendary Magna Buckler, etc etc.

Hopefully they don't go overboard with variants for them though, since that'd get a bit confusing. It'd be nice if they stick the variants with the regular core/S3/LC figures.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me