Page 1 of 1
A Skylanders 3 Marketing Idea [CLOSED]
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#1 Posted: 20:39:34 30/01/2013 | Topic Creator
What if they released one wave of compound characters on launch day (S3's, LC's, any new tech's, and new characters)
And they released all of them. LATER in the year, they release completely new characters which nobody has ever seen! These would be massively popular.
---
cry baby, I am
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#2 Posted: 21:14:43 30/01/2013
This would be a good idea. Of course the would probably get leaked.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#3 Posted: 21:21:06 30/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ryanator20x6

Well, yes, but that's the same for all new things and that would lead to more hype about the new characters.
---
cry baby, I am
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#4 Posted: 21:22:29 30/01/2013
In a way, that's what they do (except that Giants has a load of reposed characters, so we've heard of/seen them before). For a figure to work in the game, the game has to know about it before the game is released. It's not like the figures contain game code telling the game how to draw it, what attacks they have, etc. Instead, the figure has an ID number it provides to the game. The game goes "Oh, this is figure #1234 with hat #23, that's Thumpback with the Chef's hat" and it shows Thumpback wearing the Chef's hat (also the figure passes stuff like the XP earned, the upgrades bought, etc). For this to work the game has to know who Thumpback is, what he looks like, what attacks he has, etc. etc. etc.

Since they have to figure out the characters before the game comes out, the information and images tend to get out. Most likely Activision/Toys For Bob (not sure who's in charge of this) hasn't tried to fight the leaks and has just released the information openly. The masses being ravenous for information means that this can never happen, sorry.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#5 Posted: 21:56:18 30/01/2013
If the game is just released for Xbox 360, PS3, and possibly Wii-U, they could create new characters and then add them to patches.

I think the 3DS even has patching capabilities, even though it's only been done with Mario Kart 7 (that I know of)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:20 30/01/2013 by Orohu
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#6 Posted: 23:15:54 30/01/2013
^ No, make it for the Wii too until I save for the PS3, the only system I have is Wii.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#7 Posted: 00:17:45 31/01/2013
Really, the only way they'd probably be able to do anything like this would be with pure DLC right from Activision. To be honest, I don't know much about how it'd work on say...the Wii or 3DS but it might be a very interesting option for people to get the old Adventure Pack levels once Skylanders 3 rolls around. The could offer it at a significant discount (like say, $10 or something) and allow you to play the level; you simply wouldn't have the characters (which they will more than likely repose so that won't be a problem) or the magic items (which they could reissue in new bundles)

As far as fully new characters though, I can't really see it happening. For leaks, they could really only release info for say a handful of characters, then once you beat the game, more info is released (like extra soul gems or things) and then they finally show off the figure images over the course of the year.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#8 Posted: 00:32:20 31/01/2013
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON
Quote: Ryanator20x6

Well, yes, but that's the same for all new things and that would lead to more hype about the new characters.

Good point.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#9 Posted: 02:30:55 31/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheBakonBitz
^ No, make it for the Wii too until I save for the PS3, the only system I have is Wii.

If they did this it would be for all consoles like always.
---
cry baby, I am
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me