Page 1 of 1
Dragon's Peak [CLOSED]
babynads Red Sparx Gems: 24
#1 Posted: 00:11:36 26/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Help, son got skylanders for Christmas and has bought Dragon's Peak, however, when placed on the portal nothing really happens. It registers for about a second then nothing. Can he use Dragons Peak on it's own or does he need to use it with another character. Any advice/help would be great as I can't find an explanation anywhere.
Delta Green Sparx Gems: 160
#2 Posted: 00:29:29 26/01/2013
Really? When I placed my dragons peak it worked, Is there something wrong with the game or did you plug everything in?
---
100% happy is good. But I'm only 10% happy.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 00:29:55 26/01/2013
There could be something wrong with the toy figure of Dragon's Peak if it's not activated on the Portal of Power.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SteelClaw Gold Sparx Gems: 2547
#4 Posted: 01:36:33 26/01/2013
Quote: babynads
Help, son got skylanders for Christmas and has bought Dragon's Peak, however, when placed on the portal nothing really happens. It registers for about a second then nothing. Can he use Dragons Peak on it's own or does he need to use it with another character. Any advice/help would be great as I can't find an explanation anywhere.

You do need a Skylander character on the Portal at the same time. Otherwise it may just be something wrong with your Dragon's peak figure.
#5 Posted: 04:46:20 26/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the helpful comment. Will any figure work with Dragons Peak. What does DP actually do.
You seem to know what your talking about so any further help/advice would be great...Thanks
#6 Posted: 04:49:01 26/01/2013
Dragon's Peak unlocks an Adventure Pack level and uses an attacks that defeats nearby enemies.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#7 Posted: 04:52:11 26/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Do I need any specific character to work alongside Dragons Peak
#8 Posted: 04:54:54 26/01/2013
You can play as any Skylander character in Dragon's Peak, it's not a certain Skylander-restricted.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#9 Posted: 05:16:06 26/01/2013
Here's how to use it, the main way it's meant to be used:
- Be in the Ruins (the main area you always return to after a Chapter, where you talk to Flynn and Cali and such)
- Be able to walk around (so, have a Skylander on the portal for each person playing. Doesn't matter who)
- Place the Dragon's Peak figure on the Portal

If everything goes well, the game will react by Eon telling you about the Dragon's Peak level, and a large dragon-shaped horn will appear on the hill next to Persephone (go completely left from the main area, just left of Flynn and his balloon). If you can't access Persephone yet, don't even know who she is, you haven't completed Level 3, Sky Schooner Docks. You shouldn't HAVE to, I know I added Empire Of Ice and Pirate Seas before I could access their area, and the game simply opened their area to me, but you can make sure to complete it to be sure.

Then you can remove the Dragon's Peak figure from the Portal. Just walk over to the horn and interact with it (Y on the XBox, I think Triangle on the PS3, etc). The button you use to talk to people, it'll show it.

After this, you can just access it from the Chapter Select menu (Pause the game and pick the Flynn button)

This is a bonus, stand alone level. In the Chapter Select menu, it's all the way to the right.

When you're in a level, any level, the Dragon's Peak figure acts as a Magic Item. When you place it on the Portal, it triggers a large attack, damaging every enemy on screen for a short time, generally killing anything.

If the game is having trouble reading it, try it on different parts of the Portal. If THAT doesn't help, it's defective, contact Activision or the place you bought it about a replacement.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#10 Posted: 18:11:09 27/01/2013
I guess this is common knowledge but im just going to say it anyway.
the first time you place Dragons Peak on the Portal, it unlocks the level.
after that, if you place it on the portal while your in the Ruins, it will do absolutely nothing.
but if you place it on the portal while your in any level, it will attack for you.
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#11 Posted: 20:06:39 27/01/2013
Also of note, if you're playing Skylanders Giants, you'll need to press Start/+, go to Chapter Select, and the Dragon's Peak should be near the very end of the list after you've used the toy.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#12 Posted: 20:11:51 27/01/2013
^its like that in both games
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#13 Posted: 20:17:35 27/01/2013
I know, but Spyro's Adventure has a place in the Ruins to access the level, while Giants doesn't.
lolwhut Emerald Sparx Gems: 4146
#14 Posted: 02:44:31 25/02/2013
Quote: babynads

From what I know, you need to already have your Skylander on the portal, then put the Adventure Pack on. Some sort of cutscene should appear next, then the world will show up somewhere in the Ruins and you don't need the toy anymore.

Maybe try finding a friend with the 3DS version of the game and try it on that first? Then go back to your system and try out the level again. All I know is that Activision doesn't have advice for this type of stuff(does it?).

And also, Dragon's Peak attacks for you ingame? Does it work for other Adventure Packs or is it just every one of them doing something different?
---
DeviantArt: ThatSketchyDragon
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#15 Posted: 10:19:16 26/02/2013
Quote: lolwhut
From what I know, you need to already have your Skylander on the portal, then put the Adventure Pack on. Some sort of cutscene should appear next, then the world will show up somewhere in the Ruins and you don't need the toy anymore.

Maybe try finding a friend with the 3DS version of the game and try it on that first? Then go back to your system and try out the level again. All I know is that Activision doesn't have advice for this type of stuff(does it?).

And also, Dragon's Peak attacks for you ingame? Does it work for other Adventure Packs or is it just every one of them doing something different?

The original question has been thoroughly answered by now, I think, LOL!

As for the attack, they're all the same and all different. The Pirate Seas ship causes a "rain" of cannonballs, like they have a LOT of cannons nearby firing at once. Dragon's Peak rains fire, I think. Each one looks different, but the result is the same: damage, damage, damage, DAMAGE! (Ongoing damage for a few seconds, ending in a mega strike, I think like 999 damage). Very short, but quite powerful. Quite similar to the Sky Iron Anvil, except the Anvil lasts longer and I think lacks the final big damage.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me