Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 294 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 292 293 294 295 296 ... 518 519 520
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#14651 Posted: 04:00:45 11/12/2017
My recommended videos list is still full of Girls und Panzer AMVs. Not surprising.

---

I just remembered why Keldian is awesome.

"I don't wanna be a hero anymore!"
"Invincible armies, made from steel and hate
Escape on the wings of fate!"
"And our souls will fly,
Hope will never die,
In the heart of this Crusader"

They have a very unique sound, instantly recognizable from other PM bands. I like that. Furthermore, they're awesome. That's all that needs to be said.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#14652 Posted: 18:16:11 11/12/2017
i don't know why it took over 50 years for people to discover the meme potential of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer but I'm not complaining
---
Cool cool.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#14653 Posted: 18:44:34 11/12/2017
Should I watch Norm of the North soon?
---
Soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14654 Posted: 18:51:32 11/12/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

norm of the no
#14655 Posted: 18:52:24 11/12/2017
Quote: pankakesparx456
i don't know why it took over 50 years for people to discover the meme potential of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer but I'm not complaining

W̞͖̝̦̞ͅH̴̡̩Y̴̷̥̩̭̗̩̹̗ ̸̡̖̬͕̩̮̱̻͍W҉̷̤̮̰̠̳E̼̗͝R̶̪̞̘͕͡ͅE̛̙͓̥N̸͏̣'̸̵̣̭̹͕̠Ṱ͝ ̢̠̪̺̯͔̘̮ͅY̧̧͎̪͟O̷͎̟͍͔̭̖̱͈͝U̸̹͓͓ ̸͔̝͢͝A̶̢̘͖̩T̵̮̝̘̮̱̬ ̰̖̮̬͚͈͚̥̮͡E̺̫͕̲̹̙̗̬̕͘L̸͍̀̀ͅF̧̩̘́͜ ̜͔̮̯̠͔̠͝Ṕ͉͎͘R͇̭͘͠A̡̞͓̲͕͘̕ͅC̴̴̗͚͔̜̲̟T̷̗̫I͕Ç̛̯͙͜E̫͔͈̮̙̥
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#14656 Posted: 18:53:39 11/12/2017

Why??
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#14657 Posted: 19:17:00 11/12/2017

Yeah.
---
#14658 Posted: 19:18:21 11/12/2017
People have told me how good it is.
Quote: Pokemon2
Watch a better movie like Norm Of The North.

Quote: Bifrost
Norm of the North is better. There's no bad graphics to purge from my mind

Second quote is slightly edited.
---
Soon.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#14659 Posted: 19:26:44 11/12/2017
Better (than Foodfight). Something something fake news.

Seriously tho if you can stand the lemmings there's much worse. If not, then avoid this before it ruins your month.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#14660 Posted: 19:29:45 11/12/2017
Better (than Foodfight). Something something fake news.

Seriously tho if you can stand the lemmings there's much worse. If not, then avoid this before it ruins your month.

Haha, jokes on you! I watched SAO, my month is already ruined!
---
Soon.
#14661 Posted: 19:45:06 11/12/2017
What's so bad about SAO? I haven't watched any anime, but I've heard SAO got quite popular, so it can't be that bad. Then again, to each their own - I'm sure I've liked several movies that others don't.

Speaking of movies, I'd say some of my favourites are:

Stand By Me
Highlander
Back to the Future (Parts I & II, III was just meh considering the first too)

Of course, BttF is already a widely-accepted classic, but I don't think Stand By Me and Highlander have the respect they deserve. Both are classics in their own right, but neither have become as popular as BttF or the Monty Python films.

I only watched those for the first time a month ago, so maybe I shouldn't judge them so highly just yet. Either way, watching Stand By Me or Highlander would definitely be a better use of time than something like Norm of the North.
---
#14662 Posted: 19:55:54 11/12/2017
How bad? Two words that DS doesn't allow me to say or filter. One starts with I and is put in a good light, the other is a Very Special Kind of Evil that's just glossed over.

I stopped looking at reviews after someone brought that up. Energy better spent watching OPM at the time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:33 11/12/2017 by Bifrost
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#14663 Posted: 20:05:10 11/12/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
What's so bad about SAO? I haven't watched any anime, but I've heard SAO got quite popular, so it can't be that bad. Then again, to each their own - I'm sure I've liked several movies that others don't.

Speaking of movies, I'd say some of my favourites are:

Stand By Me
Highlander
Back to the Future (Parts I & II, III was just meh considering the first too)

Of course, BttF is already a widely-accepted classic, but I don't think Stand By Me and Highlander have the respect they deserve. Both are classics in their own right, but neither have become as popular as BttF or the Monty Python films.

I only watched those for the first time a month ago, so maybe I shouldn't judge them so highly just yet. Either way, watching Stand By Me or Highlander would definitely be a better use of time than something like Norm of the North.

SAO really isn't that bad. There's some issues regarding the second half of the first season and it is noticeably worse than the first half or even the second season, but the series itself isn't bad and is pretty popular. There are some complaints against it that are justified and people are allowed to dislike it, but it's not at all as bad as some people like to make it out to be.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
"two years worth of semen"

Ok 16.5 is just stupid, barely canon, and just shouldn't even be counted, lol.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:03 11/12/2017 by Seiki
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#14664 Posted: 20:17:48 11/12/2017
Cannot wait for SoulCalibur VI!

Quote: HIR
Nintendo & Platinum: Hey guys, it's Bayoneta 3! WOO!

Capcom: Oh, uh, we're porting the Devil May Cry HD Collection to PC, PS4, and Xbone. You guys would like that, right?

Point to Nintendo. But, hey, maybe if it does well we can get Devil May Cry 5 on Switch? smilie

Well, there was a rumor that predicted SoulCalibur VI that also said that we'd get a DMCV, so maybe we'll get it??? If that's the case, DMC HD could be a sign of things to come, perhaps? Idk, I'm just speculating here.

I know this is a very late reply, but Capcom did recently make a bunch of HD remakes or other things of the sort of putting the games in HD for Resident Evil before they finally made Resident Evil 7. Not to say it will happen the same as that series, just that it was kind of like they were hyping up Resident Evil 7 by doing that and putting their love into trying to make it survival horror once more or basically tried to bring it back to it's roots but with gameplay that people would play today.

Maybe they're doing the same here? But can't fully be sure.

But just hearing about this reminded me how the Resident Evil series and Resident Evil 7 had come about and came back. What they put into it and all.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:21:17 11/12/2017 by Dark Lord
#14665 Posted: 20:23:26 11/12/2017
Okay, so I just read up on why SAO is hated... yeah. Soubds bad. Maybe there are some redeeming features (dunno how you could redeem it considering some things I read, but maybe it's possible), and if I cared enough then I'd try finding out what those are. I doubt I'll ever watch it anyway.

Though, as for Norm of the North, I think you should watch Stand By Me or Highlander instead. If what I hear about NotN is true, then SBM and Highlander will definitely be much better. And it may make your month better, depending on how bad SAO was.
---
#14666 Posted: 21:07:41 11/12/2017
theres this one kid in my engineering class that makes me want to kill myself whenever he speaks
#14667 Posted: 21:07:57 11/12/2017
Quote: Seiki

"flowed endlessly into Asuna"

"flowed endlessly"

"asuna"

I just tried to see if this was an actual quote, and... WTF... this was actually considered canon at some point? Though it seems like it's not considered canon anymore.
---
#14668 Posted: 21:19:35 11/12/2017
sea men
#14669 Posted: 21:22:54 11/12/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
theres this one kid in my engineering class that makes me want to kill myself whenever he speaks

Well don't! You're worth living and people love you!

This goes for everyone here, by the way.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#14670 Posted: 21:26:52 11/12/2017

is it because his voice is like nails on a chalkboard or is it because he's an asshole?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#14671 Posted: 21:32:21 11/12/2017
Quote: parisruelz12

is it because his voice is like nails on a chalkboard or is it because he's an asshole?

that first one

- -

2018 is the year i use black magic to acquire talent
#14672 Posted: 22:11:24 11/12/2017
I feel like my voice is terrible also. I don't see how anyone can understand what I say most of the time, it just sounds... weird, IDK how better to describe it. Despite this, some people have said that I'd be good at singing if I tried. I sing to myself sometimes, but very rarely in front of people.

Anyway, always remember that killing people is very bad. Make love, not war. Unless it's Girls und Panzer, in which case, make love and war. Though technically it's Sensha-do in that case.

Or if it involves a comically-evil dark lord who wants to sacrifice people to an even more generic evil God. They tend to be pretty bad people.
---
#14673 Posted: 22:36:12 11/12/2017
If you want a SAO experience, probably watch the Abridged version where they trim the fat and make the characters more appropriate to the writing. I've yet to watch it but waiting for a good free day to binge.
---
#14674 Posted: 22:48:28 11/12/2017
Nah, I'm not bothered. I'm not interested in anything right now, really.

All I want right now is to either start a band or make a videogame, mostly the second, since I've wanted to do that for a long time. Of course, they're hardly going to be easy tasks, it'd be easier to just stay where I am now, playing videogames and listening to metal. But that's not productive.
---
#14675 Posted: 22:54:13 11/12/2017
Also, regarding SAO...
[User Posted Image]
World Tree from SAO (2012)
[User Posted Image]
Sky Tower from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (2005)
---
Soon.
#14676 Posted: 23:02:07 11/12/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
Quote: Seiki

"flowed endlessly into Asuna"

"flowed endlessly"

"asuna"

I just tried to see if this was an actual quote, and... WTF... this was actually considered canon at some point? Though it seems like it's not considered canon anymore.

No, it was never entirely canon. The author did what is basically a fanfic side-chapter that isn't canon to the main plot and wasn't released normally like other chapters, though uses plot related events to fit within canon.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:49 11/12/2017 by Seiki
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14677 Posted: 23:08:37 11/12/2017
If you want a SAO experience, probably watch the Abridged version where they trim the fat and make the characters more appropriate to the writing. I've yet to watch it but waiting for a good free day to binge.

SAO Abridged is a wonderful show that everyone should watch! Too bad episodes don't come out that often, obviously, but it is 100 times better than the original, writing wise.
#14678 Posted: 23:17:46 11/12/2017
Whether or not that's canon, I did find out some other things about SAO. Seems like the main character is a Gary Stu who has every girl in the anime falling head-over-heels for him, for one. That's not a good thing IMO. And then there was one in particular that seemed pretty messed up to be included in the harem, and some images (not including said character, thanfully) that I don't think I'll ever unsee.

I just hope it's not as focused on that side of things as I've come to believe, and that Kiroto isn't as crazy OP as I've heard.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#14679 Posted: 00:25:05 12/12/2017
[User Posted Image]
new sentai theme of cops vs robbers looks cool
#14680 Posted: 00:44:21 12/12/2017
I can't even find the right cables/wires/whatever for my Xbox 360 right now, not even my preferred controller either - the other two have problems. Maybe I could try setting up my Wii instead, or my PS2... again.

For all I know, the wires could be in that alcove with all the other crap I've barely looked at. But then that would mean moving all those books again, and damn, they're heavy.

There's gotta be something productive I can do right now.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14681 Posted: 01:01:16 12/12/2017
I want Injustice 2 to have a Marvel character as DLC so bad. I wish companies aren’t as willing to have fun.
#14682 Posted: 01:11:23 12/12/2017
Hopefully I'll be gone by Saturday. Maybe I'll start another run of Birthright, build a third tank out of lego, or... just anything, really.

What point is there to me being here? I'm just another person to most people, I reckon.
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#14683 Posted: 01:51:09 12/12/2017
STARWBERRY MILKSHAKE POP TARTS ARE BACK HOLY **** ASF BJKSEFGBSDEUFHASDBHADI
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#14684 Posted: 01:55:07 12/12/2017
Does anybody even change the settings to only show 10 posts instead of 50? Because if so, then every post ending with 1 would be a "first post" for said page.

Pages would also be a lot shorter too. Really, there's no reason to use 10 posts unless your browser is really bad.
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#14685 Posted: 03:17:25 12/12/2017
if i could go back in time i would go find out what the hell was going on in Hieronymus Bosch's head
#14686 Posted: 03:44:02 12/12/2017
Girls und Panzer seems less weird the more I learn about it. In a way, I guess this makes it even more hilarious, yet also less hilarious at the same time. I was honestly surprised at first to find out it wasn't a parody or some random anime with barely any fanbase or anything. In fact, it seems to have become a surprisingly large franchise.

---

I used to think that Hammerfall - Hector's Hymn was the most generic power metal song, summing up most of the elements found in PM. But now, after listening to Twilight Force - Gates of Glory, I think that's a pretty good contender too. Despite being generic, I think they're both really good songs in their own right.

There aren't really any bad songs in PM as far as I know, they all have their own strengths and weaknesses, I even like Stratovarius - Maniac Dance. Except for maybe some songs on Hammerfall - Built to Last. At some points, it felt like they decided to reuse earlier songs, like how Dethrone and Defy sound so similar to Stormbreaker.

Star of Home is really good though, easily my favourite on that album and one of my favourite Hammerfall songs overall (as well as Natural High, Bushido, and Hector's Hymn).

---

"spank me father for i have sinned"
---
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12122
#14687 Posted: 05:19:54 12/12/2017
After watching the trailer to Death Stranding:

[User Posted Image]
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#14688 Posted: 05:29:06 12/12/2017
God I wish I could speak German fluently already.
#14689 Posted: 05:30:03 12/12/2017
WHY DOES EVERYONE AT MY SCHOOL PLAY GUCCI GANG
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#14690 Posted: 06:36:10 12/12/2017
Now people can cry me a ******* river.
#14691 Posted: 09:41:43 12/12/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey

She's a decent character, but she's under-utilized and in desperate need of more character growth/development than she's gotten. For supposedly being part of the main 3, she feels to get ignored. She's comatose for over half of KH1 so that she doesn't do anything other than get saved and help birth Roxas & Namine' and as far as KH1 is concerned she IS a damsel in distress. She's absent in CoM with Namine' erasing her from Sora's memories to not even be plot relevant outside of her charm, which gets worse in that Sora gets tricked into thinking Namine' gave it to him. 2 yeah, she starts acting as a bit of a fighter and helps out at the very end when she meets up with Sora & Riku after getting kidnapped twice, then hits the bench while they run off to take care of Xemnas and the actual threats. For obvious reasons, she's absent in Days and only appears in like 2 cutscenes in BBS. Though the same happens in Coded where she only appears at the end, there's no Data-Kairi. Dream Drop, she's only really there for dream-hallucinations and the end which points towards her getting Keyblade training, which makes sense given the way the game works, but it would've been nice to see a little more of her during scenes that weren't the Dream Realm.

I don't think she exists for the sake of being a damsel in distress and I believe that she has great potential, but Nomura & Square just aren't using her to her full potential. She's not someone who needs saving, she's "The Love Interest" for Sora to crush on and fap to while he's away on his journey while she sits at home twiddling her thumbs; yet, the Sora/Riku bromance gets played up every chance they get so bad, that it's yaoi-bait and it's hard to even to call her that. With the way things are going, KH3 should rectify this and I truly, really truly hope they do, but as it is, she's almost a background character at best.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:52:20 12/12/2017 by Seiki
#14692 Posted: 15:37:41 12/12/2017
"Touch this strong muscle, nyaaa."

Trying to teach Alice in the way of the gay, it seems. Good. You all must be taught in the way of the gay.

#makeeveryonegayagain
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:39:11 12/12/2017 by AmbushFan
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#14693 Posted: 15:38:56 12/12/2017
Okay but picture this: An alternate universe where Tobuscus beat Pewdiepie in the early 2010s and is the most subscribed channel on YouTube
---
Cool cool.
#14694 Posted: 16:09:26 12/12/2017
Quote: pankakesparx456
Okay but picture this: An alternate universe where Tobuscus beat Pewdiepie in the early 2010s and is the most subscribed channel on YouTube

I'd be ok with Net Neutrality's death then.

I used to love Tobuscus
---
#14695 Posted: 16:12:57 12/12/2017
Net Neutrality's death isn't going go happen, not if we do something about it. Staying put and complaining gets us nowhere.

And if it does happen, then it's partially your fault too TBH.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#14696 Posted: 18:01:41 12/12/2017
like legit Skype group problem was when people got mad and said "get out of my call." glad it went away though. :)
#14697 Posted: 18:26:43 12/12/2017
remember kids: standing up against bullying is cool unless your mom is racist. then you get double bullied
First | Previous | Page 294 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 292 293 294 295 296 ... 518 519 520

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me