Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 274 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 272 273 274 275 276 ... 518 519 520
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#13651 Posted: 20:58:06 11/10/2017
Quote: StormDragon21
Reasons to not support standardized tests: I panicked and forgot how to multiply.

Reasons to not support Standardized tests: My friend got three triginomatry questions correct by guessing

We're in eighth grade
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8264
#13652 Posted: 22:56:56 11/10/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Ok, here’s my Sonic OC
His name is Deathknife and he was kidnapped at a young age by Eggman and experimented on and got a scar on his eye and his other euye turned redbut then turned evil and escaped an killed his family and he can beat Sonic and Shadow at the same time because he can move twice as fast and is twice as strong and can freeze time because the experiments replaced his heart with a secret 8th Chaos Emerald and it’s black but sometimes it glows red and instead of turning into Super Deathknife he turns into Ultra Deathknife because the 8th one is twice as powerful as the other Emeralds combined and he can now go faster than the speed of light

Dislikes: Everything else and everyone.

Critisism is appreciated, but will be ignored if you are a hater.

A lot of the details of his life seem like they've been used before in other OCs, both joke and serious.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:15 11/10/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#13653 Posted: 23:34:22 11/10/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Ok, here’s my Sonic OC
His name is Deathknife and he was kidnapped at a young age by Eggman and experimented on and got a scar on his eye and his other euye turned redbut then turned evil and escaped an killed his family and he can beat Sonic and Shadow at the same time because he can move twice as fast and is twice as strong and can freeze time because the experiments replaced his heart with a secret 8th Chaos Emerald and it’s black but sometimes it glows red and instead of turning into Super Deathknife he turns into Ultra Deathknife because the 8th one is twice as powerful as the other Emeralds combined and he can now go faster than the speed of light

A lot of the details of his life seem like they've been used before in other OCs, both joke and serious.

But is he a good character?
---
Soon.
#13654 Posted: 00:06:53 12/10/2017
Ok, here’s my Sonic OC

[User Posted Image]

-----
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#13655 Posted: 00:10:58 12/10/2017

[User Posted Image]

-----

Definitely a hater.
---
Soon.
#13656 Posted: 02:17:01 12/10/2017
Quote myself

"Don't you love it when your childhood covers up your pain?"
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#13657 Posted: 04:03:17 12/10/2017
Welp, time to stop talking sports with my friends because they're calling me scum again. :V
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#13658 Posted: 11:04:50 12/10/2017
My summoning record in Fire Emblem Heroes is atrocious.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13659 Posted: 15:04:40 12/10/2017
don't you just hate it when you lose a bet and now you gotta go collect souls on behalf of literal satan
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10050
#13660 Posted: 16:14:31 12/10/2017
Man, I noticed earlier today how many of the rabid, stalk-and-harass happy "fans" of **** are usually Paper Mario and BK fanboys - and those fandoms aren't known for being toxic, but they have usernames or themes related to it. It's that chilling feeling that I might've been THIS close to being one of them, if I didn't start getting crazy critical of myself during high school.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:15:06 12/10/2017 by Bifrost
#13661 Posted: 16:18:51 12/10/2017
the fire emblem community is also really toxic. you have the elitists who hate everything after radiant dawn and look down on everyone else vs the fates dickriders who only play for the fanservice and will start massive flamewars over which anime girl is best
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13662 Posted: 16:22:16 12/10/2017
Tell me a fanbase who isn't toxic.
---
Bruh
#13663 Posted: 16:29:33 12/10/2017
Quote: Crash10

there's always gonna be toxic parts of every fanbase, that's a given. The variable is how much of a certain fanbase is toxic, and how the toxicity affects the enjoyment of said thing. (R&M and SU really prove my point here)
#13664 Posted: 16:40:26 12/10/2017
Yeah pretty much. For example, you can't compare Sonic that's a fruit salad with lots of good and bad things taking the spotlight, or SU which has majorly the staff fighting rabid fans who are doing ****ty things. Undertale too - it got the fame of toxicity because of the twitch spam, but it wasn't REALLY that until the incident of the needle cookie because people were still contributing with a lot of cool things months before.
---
#13665 Posted: 16:44:56 12/10/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah pretty much. For example, you can't compare Sonic that's a fruit salad with lots of good and bad things taking the spotlight, or SU which has majorly the staff fighting rabid fans who are doing ****ty things. Undertale too - it got the fame of toxicity because of the twitch spam, but it wasn't REALLY that until the incident of the needle cookie because people were still contributing with a lot of cool things months before.

wait, needle cookie??

is this some kind of euphemism or something?? never heard about it
#13666 Posted: 16:54:08 12/10/2017
Nope. Someone drew Chara in swimwear or something(don't remember too well but it was not as suggestive as you might think, just weird), a crazy person in their righteous SJW anger assumed they were a pedophile, and what better what to deal with it than to put needles inside a cookie and gift it to the artist in a con, banning food presents from it altogether.

Thankfully the artist got lucky and caught it before they got a punctured tongue or worse, sooo yeah. That was all over twitter and tumblr, and like the Skylanders issue of getting harassed by Spyro fans, I'm almost sure this drove away most major artists from the fandom(aside from the usual tame fanart), and now there's more bad than good.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:56:14 12/10/2017 by Bifrost
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#13667 Posted: 17:00:11 12/10/2017

[User Posted Image]

...not yet.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:28 12/10/2017 by pankakesparx456
#13668 Posted: 17:03:44 12/10/2017
Nope. Someone drew Chara in swimwear or something(don't remember too well but it was not as suggestive as you might think, just weird), a crazy person in their righteous SJW anger assumed they were a pedophile, and what better what to deal with it than to put needles inside a cookie and gift it to the artist in a con, banning food presents from it altogether.

Thankfully the artist got lucky and caught it before they got a punctured tongue or worse, sooo yeah. That was all over twitter and tumblr, and like the Skylanders issue of getting harassed by Spyro fans, I'm almost sure this drove away most major artists from the fandom(aside from the usual tame fanart), and now there's more bad than good.

oh dear GOD why

Quote: pankakesparx456

[User Posted Image]

...not yet.

keep kirby fandom like kirby himself- pure and innocent
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13669 Posted: 17:13:41 12/10/2017

[User Posted Image]

...not yet.

Aren't Kirby fans the ones who think the franchise has no bad games or something? Not saying they're wrong, but some people really like to make the franchise look superior to all the others, kinda like Zelda fans.
---
Bruh
#13670 Posted: 17:35:25 12/10/2017
Kirby has bad apples, but that's the thing, they're nowhere close to a majority, vocal or otherwise. It was acceptable to **** on Epic Yarn for a year then the entire fandom noticed what they were becoming and shut down the spinoff prejudice real quickly.

Unless you're under 13, then you'll say some really stupid **** about the games. Been there, done that.
---
#13671 Posted: 17:47:52 12/10/2017
I mean Pokémon Mystery Dungeon’s fanbase isn’t bad from what I’ve seen.
---
Soon.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#13672 Posted: 18:25:52 12/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

oh dear GOD why

[User Posted Image]

...not yet.

keep kirby fandom like kirby himself- pure and innocent

kirby is literally the grim reaper incarnate and he's a xenophobe
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#13673 Posted: 18:30:03 12/10/2017
No one said pure and innocent is the same as good and kind.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#13674 Posted: 18:44:47 12/10/2017
The "No bad games" thing for Kirby is both truthful and kind of an inside joke at this point.

The thing with something like Zelda is that, for as much as people like to put it on a pedestal and say it has no bad games, there's still a toxic part of the community that will fight over which one exactly to put on that pedestal, as well as having those internal arguments such as whether or not Skyward Sword is good at all.

With Kirby, the whole "no bad games" thing is more like a funny observation than it is bragging about how good the franchise is. Because Kirby has been so experimental and because of the kind of adaptable character he is, there hasn't really been a situation where people think a game in the series is anything less than alright, whether you're a hardcore Kirby fan or not. People still find something to love and enjoy in every single Kirby game. It's less "haha my franchise is better than yours we have no bad games take that" and more "you can play pretty much any game in this series and you'll still be satisfied, isn't that weird?"

And just because of the nature of the character you don't really find much toxicity at all because literally everyone loves Kirby. He's such a charming character and it's such a charming franchise that there really isn't a whole lot in the series that's worth being toxic about. You do get exceptions every now and then, but they're extremely few. There was that phase with Epic Yarn(I was kind of part of that too back when it was cool to hate Epic Yarn) but like Bifrost said people quickly got over that. The only reason people really disliked it at all was because of the inability to die but since that was the only real complaint with the game people got over that because it was still just another good experimental title for the series, just more publicized than the other ones like Canvas Curse.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:50:09 12/10/2017 by pankakesparx456
#13675 Posted: 18:51:48 12/10/2017
Why due dates shouldn't exist

There is only one welder open for the welder practice, and the one day I could get to it it broke down
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#13676 Posted: 18:58:02 12/10/2017

The Epic Yarn fiasco also started at an age handholding was getting out of control on the Wii really quickly. Skyward Sword came a year later and showed how it's done(in a bad way), though, and I think everyone noticed they were complaing with a full stomach. The value for games being cozy and calming also started to show, and with Return to Dreamland not too far, it was obvious the game had all the right to exist no matter what hardcore gamers thought.
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8096
#13677 Posted: 21:02:38 12/10/2017
Some eighteen-year-old student made a post on social media on how he was going to shoot up my school tomorrow. ...He was arrested. We’ve got some real winners over here.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#13678 Posted: 21:05:39 12/10/2017
Quote: ShadowMewX
Some eighteen-year-old student made a post on social media on how he was going to shoot up my school tomorrow. ...He was arrested. We’ve got some real winners over here.

10/10 plan.
---
Soon.
#13679 Posted: 21:18:23 12/10/2017
Gen 5 has the best pokemon
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#13680 Posted: 21:18:57 12/10/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

You're not wrong.
---
#13681 Posted: 21:29:07 12/10/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

The best singular Pokémon? Yes.
The best overall? Definitely up there.
---
Soon.
#13682 Posted: 21:31:54 12/10/2017
Yeah, people like to give that gen **** for ramping up the inanimate objects and having a lot of expies of Gen I pokémon, but honestly, that's exactly how it got so memorable. I no longer think of just Chanseys on their category, I also think of Audinos; I care more about Klink than Voltorb(though Klinklang can **** right off for being a disapppointing third form), etc etc. The entirely new stuff is also amazing, though I'm that rare species of internet person that like Sigilyph.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:31 12/10/2017 by Bifrost
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#13683 Posted: 21:40:35 12/10/2017
i like yanmask and Cofagrigus

but then again i'm also bias b/c i love ghost types <3

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE LITWICK LINE <3 <3 <3
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:47:59 12/10/2017 by parisruelz12
#13684 Posted: 21:51:55 12/10/2017
I actually kinda like Emboar and Samurott
Zebstrika is one of my favourites in Gen 5
Gigalith and Excadrill are cool
Scoilipede is one of the coolest bugs of the generation
Krookodile is awesome
Damanitan is cool
Sigilyph has an interesting design and is surprisingly good.
Zoroark is my favourite Pokémon ever
Escavalier and Accelgor are cool and unique
Chandelure is an inanimate object done right
Haxorus is awesome, still need to get the shiny one
I actually like Druddigon
Golurk is a super flying robot
Bisharp is cool
Hydreigon is awesome
Volcarona is another amazing bug
I actually like the Genies, especially Tornadus-T and Thunderus-T
I like Kyurem’s forms even if they are a bit over the top.
Genesect is cool
---
Soon.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#13685 Posted: 21:51:59 12/10/2017
Fifth gen has Purrloin. Everything else is invalid.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#13686 Posted: 21:53:58 12/10/2017
Quote: StormDragon21
Fifth gen has Purrloin. Everything else is invalid.

I tried using a Liepard and it was useless.

But Cilan in the anime doesn’t like Purrloin because...

---
Soon.
#13687 Posted: 22:00:34 12/10/2017
My favorite pokemon is Chandelure
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#13688 Posted: 22:04:25 12/10/2017
yeah gen 5 has some goodies

Gigalith <3
#13689 Posted: 22:18:14 12/10/2017
Nearly all Gen 5 Pokemon I love, but to list favorites

Serperior
Pignite/Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Zoroark
Scolipede
Minccino
Scrafty
Zekrom
Zebstrika
Chandelure
Cofagrigus
Whimsicott
Lilligant
Hydreigon
Haxorus (I GOTS A SHINY ONE)
Ducklett
Galvantula
Krookodile
Genesect
Leavanny
Emolga
Karrablast
Beheeyem
Druddigon
Palpitoad
Golurk
Trubbish
All fossil Pokemon
Maractus
Audino
Braiviary
Electross
Reuniclus
Siglyif
Darminitan
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:03:07 13/10/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6093
#13690 Posted: 22:25:13 12/10/2017
Gen 5 has some good Pokemon, and some bad like Garbodor. It's mainly the story that gets a bit wonky for me.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Mary I Green Sparx Gems: 462
#13691 Posted: 22:29:47 12/10/2017
I should stop eating peanut butter treats...oh what the hell one more...
---
Truth is the daughter of time.
#13692 Posted: 22:38:49 12/10/2017
I love the Trash and Ice Cream to be honest. Really grew on me as I matured as a Pokemon fan. Cryogonal too.

Beartic though. One of my favorite animals EVER, finally Pokemon, as it looks so damn dumb. There's a great idea there, but it's design is just a failure of it.
---
#13693 Posted: 22:47:39 12/10/2017
Beartic is definately one of the weakest designs. Ducklett line felt like they were ticking a request box and they're just enough to pass, Cryogonal is interesting but now it'd fit better as an UB, but while Cubchoo is adorable and has nice potential, Beartic just has the ice beard and the world's most unecessary crotch fur. Couldn't he like have ice hands, or have two main colors like his pre-evo?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:02 12/10/2017 by Bifrost
#13694 Posted: 23:04:12 12/10/2017
I probably almost got in trouble thanks to Corpse Husband
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#13695 Posted: 23:07:28 12/10/2017
in case you're wondering what the best gen 5 'mon are

Emboar
Musharna
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Excadril
Seismitoad
Sawk
Leavanny
Scolipede
Whimsicott
Krookodile
Maractus
Crustle
Cofagrigus
Carracosta
Archeops
Reuniclus
Escavalier
Joltik
Eelektross
Chandelure
Haxorus
Accelgor
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Braviary
Heatmor
Hydreigon
Volcarona
Terrakion
Genesect
#13696 Posted: 01:23:59 13/10/2017
I actually used a Vanilluxe on my team in my first Gen V playthrough because I'm an idiot. :^)
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#13697 Posted: 01:45:32 13/10/2017
Gen 5 is by far my favorite, only ones I can't say I'm ecstatic about are the elemental monkeys
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#13698 Posted: 02:03:59 13/10/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Gen 5 is by far my favorite, only ones I can't say I'm ecstatic about are the elemental monkeys

Damn, the Elemental Monkeys really flopped hard, didn't they? I mean. I admittedly quite like Simisear and Simisage (and their pre evos).
---
#13699 Posted: 02:35:55 13/10/2017
So I traded in an old laptop and got $540, do I go out and buy a Switch? <.>
---
First | Previous | Page 274 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 272 273 274 275 276 ... 518 519 520

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me