Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 282 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 ... 518 519 520
Random Thought Topic [STICKY]
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#14051 Posted: 16:07:49 27/10/2017
Yeah, I think I'll do it that way. Release it in parts, and if it doesn't get enough downloads, stop updating it.

Fes is dying anyway. It's already relatively obscure with few people knowing what it is, and it's been out for months. I estimate that fewer than 100 people still use it (per day).

Furthermore, I don't have anywhere to advertise it, or anyone to show it too. I only use GameFAQs and darkSpyro now - GameFAQs is also rather inactive (so posting it there wouldn't make much of a difference), and I don't think anyone on dS would want to play my game.

I'll put a message at the end. asking people to share it. Hopefully that'll get a few more people playing it.

...I may still update anyway. I'll probably get bored again, and I hardly follow my own rules, I'm a complete hypocrite at times.

But given that this isn't a simple game I'd be able to complete in just a few hours, "being bored" would be a bad reason to continue with. If I was bored, I wouldn't be paying so much attention to what I'm actually making.

Motivation is what gives me the strength to make good ideas. It's boredom that gives me the strength to make bad ideas.

---

I'm starting to think nobody here (myself included) even likes dS anymore, anyway. Most of the times when I see people ask "why do you stay?", the answer is usually friends or boredom. I come here for the second reason.

There's not much interesting stuff on here, never has been for many years now. The last time I remember coming here and liking it was before I joined the website, possibly a little bit after I joined too.

Though it's not just lack of interesting content that I don't like. I've never gotten on with most of the users here, and now it seems like they're even worse than before. That's why I don't try to speak with anyone anymore.

I don't think I'm the only one like this. Even aside from the users that I talked about (IIRC) at the top of this page, it also seems like you can't stop arguing amongst yourselves sometimes. Yes, those who aren't the "darkSpyro buttmonkey", just ordinary users that aren't particularly hated or liked.

If you could all stop bickering, and think of more interesting things to talk about (e.g. not repeating topics), darkSpyro might actually be a better (and happier) place. One that people come back to because of the website, not because of friends or boredom.

I know I'm part of the problem when it comes to lack of interesting stuff, I'll admit. This isn't a healthy mindset, though I do have a lot of interesting ideas I'd like to use someday - though I don't feel like sharing them with this ****hole in its current state.

---

Finally got £20k on Tomodachi Life. I'll probably give everyone maid outfits and superheroine costumes now - Tony Kakko already has both, and a royalty wig.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14052 Posted: 16:09:30 27/10/2017
im gonna get odyssey on tuesday YEET
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14053 Posted: 16:35:23 27/10/2017
Friendly reminder for everyone playing Moreo:

[User Posted Image]
---
Bruh
#14054 Posted: 17:17:47 27/10/2017
Quote: Crash10
Friendly reminder for everyone playing Moreo:

[User Posted Image]

i mean he's not wrong
#14055 Posted: 17:19:48 27/10/2017
I spent some of my £20k on:

20 maid outfits
20 short maid outfits
18 superherione costumes
18 curly lock wigs
20 rabbit ear headbands
16 flower hair clips

And now I have £14.6k left!

I'm so generous :D
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14056 Posted: 19:51:44 27/10/2017
HNNNNNG

I LOVE THIS ALBUM
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#14057 Posted: 19:54:12 27/10/2017
HOLY COW

THE 100% REWARD FOR SMO IS INCREDIBLE!

I AM GONNA GET 100% ON MARIO ODYSSEY!

LIKE, REALLY GUYS!

WOW I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#14058 Posted: 20:42:41 27/10/2017
I'm thinking of adding DragonHarp - Let the Dragon Fly, Power Quest - Diamond Sky, Olympus Mons - Through the Ice and Snow, and Myrath - Believer to my uplifting songs list, but I'm still a little unsure if I'd consider them happy enough.

I'm not adding just any song that I consider uplifting. I'm only adding songs that have made me feel noticeably more optimistic after listening to them, not just a little happier.

Some songs that fell short of the list:

Crystallion - Burning Bridges
Dragonforce - Tomorrow's Kings
Masterplan - Heroes
Nightscape - Higher Than Life
Dragonforce - Wings of Liberty
Stratovarius - Eagleheart
ReinXeed - We Must Go Faster
Sabaton - Back in Control
Gloryhammer - Heroes (of Dundee)
Rhapsody - Wisdom of the Kings
Galneryus - Raise My Sword
Stratovarius - Darkest Hours

Out of those, I'd say Masterplan - Heroes is the most uplifting. But still not enough for the list.

I've heard many people mention Eagleheart, though personally I don't find it very uplifting. Masterplan - Spirit Never Die gets mentioned a lot too, but again, I find Heroes more uplifting.

---

If Ginny and Dr Evil have a kid, it's going to look absolutely horrific. I'll probably still dress it up in a maid outfit and make it sing heavy metal. Because that's what I do.

I put Joakim Broden in a hamster costume once and made him sing a song about hamster tanks.
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#14059 Posted: 22:06:13 27/10/2017
Screw the Lost Jungle Llevel in Sonic Heroes. So many cheap deaths.
---
Soon.
#14060 Posted: 22:40:59 27/10/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
HOLY COW

THE 100% REWARD FOR SMO IS INCREDIBLE!

I AM GONNA GET 100% ON MARIO ODYSSEY!

LIKE, REALLY GUYS!

WOW I CAN'T FRIGGIN WAIT

Is it Super Sonic?

She’s my favourite Zelda character.
---
Soon.
#14061 Posted: 22:49:13 27/10/2017
Pardon, my mistake. The thing I saw seems to happen regardless of percentage.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#14062 Posted: 22:55:33 27/10/2017
Thank god because 908 collectibles is a bit too high of a bar
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#14063 Posted: 23:01:19 27/10/2017
The hub I'm making for Sifola's Story is quite similar to the one I was making for Storytime, expect much smaller, and less focus on exploration - aside from the bonus area, it's quite basic.

Storytime is yet another discontinued idea. However, I'm quite glad that I did decide not to finish it - it's one of my favourite ideas so far, and I don't want to waste my favourite ideas on Fes.

Now I'm even planning on using Storytime as the final (or second final) entry in Project King, the "climax" of the story.

There are actually quite a few similarities between Sifola's Story and Storytime, as the name may imply. But without everything I liked about Storytime - as I said, I'm not wasting my favourite ideas of Fes.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#14064 Posted: 23:45:48 27/10/2017

The 100% completion bonus is Super Mario Sunshine levels of bad, from what I'm hearing. Which means it's probably just a photo.

RIP Super Luigi Odyssey, guess all those outfits and capture stuff would've been too much memory-wise.

5char
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#14065 Posted: 00:59:14 28/10/2017

I know exactly what you're talking about and it is amazing. My favorite endgame reward of any Mario game ever.
#14066 Posted: 01:16:16 28/10/2017
Quote: AestheticDragon

I know exactly what you're talking about and it is amazing. My favorite endgame reward of any Mario game ever.

i wanna know what this is
#14067 Posted: 01:34:10 28/10/2017
It's weird how Mario is Italian, but has no body hair...

He ain't no bear, cuz he's bare.
---
#14068 Posted: 02:09:41 28/10/2017
*playing silver, fishes up a remoraid*

"hey i wanted one of these! it's probably gonna be like level 10 or someth-"

*level 40*

"YO HOLY ****"

needless to say, that remoraid (now octillery) is one of my best pokemon.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#14069 Posted: 03:05:57 28/10/2017
Just beat SMO Main Story

Best game evar

Gonna 100% it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6621
#14070 Posted: 03:16:42 28/10/2017
I need help
I've looked up all 3 options and none seem to be better then the others
For a place around 21-24 minutes away, what should I take?
Uber, Lyft, or Taxi
I just keep seeing all these awful things about Uber and Lyft but they seem to be cheaper then taxi but then sometimes reviews say they aren't and i just want anyone with first hand experience to help me, please.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:16:52 28/10/2017 by DragonCamo
#14071 Posted: 04:24:43 28/10/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Just beat SMO Main Story

Best game evar

Gonna 100% it

Just finished it as well. It was fun, and I'm super excited for the postgame mentioned above, but I gotta say, the last 30 minutes got really weird.
#14072 Posted: 14:02:54 28/10/2017
Holy **** first world of SMO and they already upped the Chain Chomp abuse to a new level

First just plain attacking, then pulling their chains to kick them into ****, now
let's just straight up kill one
---
#14073 Posted: 14:10:00 28/10/2017
I've started building the first dragon map for Sifola's Story. Flying dragons is hopefully going to become a recurring feature throughout the game - after all, as my signature says, everything is better with dragons \m/

There will likely be either one or two dragon maps for each part, depending on the situation. I've found a way to traverse tiles that usually can't be traversed because of Fes' bull**** collision mechanics, so the flight scenes will appear even more realistic - the dragon will fly over cloud tiles, instead of bumping into them.
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#14074 Posted: 14:16:05 28/10/2017
Would you guys mind leaving you comments and thoughts on this post...i really want to improve myself

https://instagram.com/p/BayvJwgjFhM/
#14075 Posted: 14:18:31 28/10/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Aww, the way you guys hyped it up made me expect something gamebreaking like
(major spoilers in all of these. don't click unless you beat the final boss.)
using Bowser or Yoshi or some other transformation anywhere or something.

Spoilers for Super Mario Odyssey's endgame:

as someone who grew up with Super Mario 64, seeing Peach's castle like this is really special. This is how I saw the SM64 hub world as a kid. As I grew up I realized of course that it wasn't all that big, but seeing Peach's castle and going through paintings again gave me such an amazing nostalgia trip.

Also, that one part in Metro Kingdom. This game is just one big love letter to Mario fans of all ages.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:20:57 28/10/2017 by AestheticDragon
#14076 Posted: 18:13:16 28/10/2017
Top 3 PM bands, huh? I'd say my favourites are:

1. Lost Horizon
2. Timeless Miracle
3. Blind Guardian

They're what I'd consider the "Big 3", which contain the main virtues I like in a band.

---

Here I am again, ****posting to an equally ****ty website that nobody cares about.

Of course, when EOV comes out, I'll hopefully stop trying to make games with Fes, and stop posting here too.

Maybe I'll even be able to start Project King at some point. Still haven't managed to contact the programmer...
---
#14077 Posted: 20:13:34 28/10/2017
Another reason I like DragonHarp is because they're one of the few PM bands with a feamle vocalist. It's quite rare, unless they're more symphonic metal than power metal.

The main reason, however, is that they have a good balance between symphonic and power - not just fully symphonic or fully power. Although I listen to a lot of PM, I like bands who stray from the common qualities found in the genre, like Power Quest or Sylvania.

In fact, I don't really consider myself a PM fan at all. I listen to it now because most bands I do know come from that genre, and I can't be bothered finding anything new - yet.

Then again, I'm content with what I do listen to. I see no reason to expand my musical knowledge - I have a few different "categories" of songs to listen to depending on how I feel, like if I'm pissed off or feeling motivated, and if I have at least a few songs for each of those categories, that's enough for me. I don't think music is an important thing to expand upon.

---

Now that I can change that old Skylanders fanfic idea into an origin story for the Necromancer, I only need a backstory for Abraham before I have my original superhero lineup back in Project King.

There are a few character ideas that have changed since I first made them, but most of the basics are still here. I think that'll be enough.

Given how time goes on, I know for certain that making my original idea would be impossible, in the way I once imagined it at least. But I'll try my best to make it as close as possible - if I get the chance.
---
#14078 Posted: 22:49:12 28/10/2017
Watching Stranger Things Season 2, loving it so far.

Just got to episode 7

Yeah, as many fans have said, it's not good, it's bad. Acting is bad, real mediocre, but in this situation, I blame the direction of the acting, not the actors themselves (Moehawk guy is ALMOST good, should have done more with his voice, more gravly when yelling, more of a push to it over all). I admit, I do like how it's not like other episodes, some one on reddit pointed out it supposed to feel out of place because

Eleven/Jane is in Chicago and she's unfamiliar with it, and we're supposed to feel the same way, not bad of an idea.

So far, not a good episode, predictable from what I can tell so far. I like it's out of environment idea, but outside of Eleven, everyone is bland, poorly acted (Not blaming the actors, at least not for the Indian Girl and Moehawk guy) and feels like it goes nowhere.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:27 29/10/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#14079 Posted: 22:54:08 28/10/2017
Just wanna say thanks to people not spoiling SMO.
---
Soon.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#14080 Posted: 23:28:44 28/10/2017
Remind me to come back and read these when I finish the game lol
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#14081 Posted: 23:41:59 28/10/2017
Totally won the Halloween party costume contest tonight. We rocked the Alice in Wonderland theme. My wife was White Rabbit, oldest son was Mad Hatter, daughter was Alice, the two little boys were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (RIDICULOUSLY adorable, by the way, 4 and 3 year olds dressed up exactly the same like that, red hats with yellow flags and everything), baby girl was Queen of Hearts, and I was her Card Soldier (we figured since I would be carrying her anyway...)

This year even beat out last year's Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad (wife and I took last year off). I don't know how we'll be able to top it next year!!!
#14082 Posted: 23:43:56 28/10/2017
Furthermore, I like Nicole's voice too. She's very different than most symphonic metal vocalists like Simone Simmons or Floor Jansen, more gruff, like a female Joakim Broden.

Come to think of it, some of DragonHarp's songs are quite similar to Sabaton, but with more symphonic elements.

I've always imagined what a Sabaton song - or clone, because there are probably several hundred Sabaton clones at this point - would sound like with a female vocalist.

I used to joke about PM songs being sang by vocaloids. But since I've never heard a vocaloid in my life, the result would probably be a lot different than I expect.

I'm still a little curious if there are any metal-themed vocaloids. Considering I always hear how "cutesy" they are (although I've also heard lyrical themes get quite dark), the idea of it seems kinda funny in a way.

Power metal is far from serious however. Power Quest and Freedom Call are far from the pure-adrenaline anthems you'd listen to whilst storming Mordor.

---

Now that I think about it, some of my posts probably don't use paragraph breaks properly. And I tend to keep repeating words/phrases.

Some of my posts must be a real mess and a nightmare to read. Sorry if this is the case, though you'd probably be ignoring my posts if so.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#14083 Posted: 23:55:47 28/10/2017
Just finished binging Stranger Things 2

What's with Stranger Things and killing great characters, first Barb, now Bob?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#14084 Posted: 00:11:59 29/10/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
Furthermore, I like Nicole's voice too. She's very different than most symphonic metal vocalists like Simone Simmons or Floor Jansen, more gruff, like a female Joakim Broden.

Come to think of it, some of DragonHarp's songs are quite similar to Sabaton, but with more symphonic elements.

I've always imagined what a Sabaton song - or clone, because there are probably several hundred Sabaton clones at this point - would sound like with a female vocalist.

I used to joke about PM songs being sang by vocaloids. But since I've never heard a vocaloid in my life, the result would probably be a lot different than I expect.

I'm still a little curious if there are any metal-themed vocaloids. Considering I always hear how "cutesy" they are (although I've also heard lyrical themes get quite dark), the idea of it seems kinda funny in a way.

Power metal is far from serious however. Power Quest and Freedom Call are far from the pure-adrenaline anthems you'd listen to whilst storming Mordor.

---

Now that I think about it, some of my posts probably don't use paragraph breaks properly. And I tend to keep repeating words/phrases.

Some of my posts must be a real mess and a nightmare to read. Sorry if this is the case, though you'd probably be ignoring my posts if so.

Vocaloids aren't necessarily inherently themed a certain way. It's just a given "voice in a box" synthesizer program. The genre of music made with them depends on who's using the program and what kind of song they want to make. Though of course certain voices can fit better in some genres than others. I personally don't know of any real metal based songs, though I can't say for certain that none exist. Jitter Doll & Unhappy Refrain come to mind, but I highly doubt it's what you want. A good number do end up cutsy-Pop, but there's a number out there with dark lyrics, a few rock-like based songs, and some that hit a more classical styling.

And I'm not even going to lie, I tend to ignore a lot of your posts because they look so long and tl;dr with what looks like so many different points and thoughts going on in them. I just read this one because it's shorter than normal.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:37 29/10/2017 by Seiki
#14085 Posted: 01:03:45 29/10/2017
cuphead has fallen.... why did we let the kids ruin it
#14086 Posted: 01:18:51 29/10/2017
Because you kept mulling over it and acting like they shot your dog? There's no need to overreact, if the devs ever make a sequel it'll be so much development time these fans will have long jumped to the next big thing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:19:04 29/10/2017 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#14087 Posted: 01:35:51 29/10/2017
Friendly reminder that yesterday was Bee Movie's 10th anniversary.
---
Bruh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14088 Posted: 02:04:10 29/10/2017
My Random Quote for the Day: “My mind doesn’t actually produce thoughts. It just plays the one Queen song “Fat Bottomed Girls” over and over on loop.”
#14089 Posted: 06:20:57 29/10/2017
****'s getting real in stranger things
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#14090 Posted: 07:20:20 29/10/2017
I'm so glad my brother just spoiled the ending of Mario Odyssey for me :))))))))))))))))
---
Dead
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#14091 Posted: 07:42:16 29/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

ever fandom has something ****ty tied to it. what's so ****ing different about cuphead? just avoid **** you don't ****ing like.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#14092 Posted: 11:48:52 29/10/2017
Not sure if I should continue Sifola's Story now. Although, I didn't really get far anyway.

EOV comes out in a few days. So unless I did get enough interest, I amlost certainly wouldn't continue out of boredom - leaving yet another unfinished project.

If Forest Dungeon suddenly got more downloads, then maybe I'd rethink it. But unless that does happen, I think I'll stop making it.

Forest Dungeon only has a few more days until it fades into obscurity, never to be heard of again, I think. Always happens - as soon as your game stops being on the DL/Week or Rate/Week list, nobody ever plays it again.

---

I legitimately spent over £2,000 on a cashgrab kid's game. There may be a massive stigma about being attracted to anime characters, but I think this is worse. At least you don't (necessarily) get poor by being attracted to an anime character.

Or perhaps, what's even worse, is that I still visit an obscure fansite partially dedicated to it and ****post daily.
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#14093 Posted: 16:09:33 29/10/2017
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: ZapNorris

ever fandom has something ****ty tied to it. what's so ****ing different about cuphead? just avoid **** you don't ****ing like.

I absolutely agree
#14094 Posted: 16:34:23 29/10/2017
If I still had my Wii U, I wouldn't be here now. Even if I still ****posed, I probably wouldn't be using this website - after all, I did promise not to come back. But sadly, I often end up breaking my promises, a flaw that I'll admit.

Not that Reddit was much better either. None of the sites I visited were particularly good besides Miiverse, and that's closing down in a few days anyway.

---

I could post links, in theory. However, it would be quite tedious - I'd need to write each link down, then manually rewrite it on here.

---

So heavy metal vocaloids do exist, apparently... It even seems that some of the more well-known ones (like Miku and Luka) have "metal" variants.

Or at least, I think so. I know hardly anything about vocaloids aside from some of their names and a few random facts.
---
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#14095 Posted: 16:35:51 29/10/2017
Kylie Minogue is my new guilty pleasure.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#14096 Posted: 18:47:18 29/10/2017
Stranger things 2 was good
---
My life is complete.
First | Previous | Page 282 of 520 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 280 281 282 283 284 ... 518 519 520

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me