darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Disney infinity felling threatened skylanders
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Disney infinity felling threatened skylanders [CLOSED]
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#151 Posted: 23:17:04 18/01/2013
When spyro leave skylanders i leave aswell them I may give a try on disney infinity
---
Expect the unexpected
sponge56 Green Sparx Gems: 240
#152 Posted: 23:19:44 18/01/2013
I really hate the fact that Disney had to ripoff activision why couldn't they come out with their own ideas smilie
---
twists of fury smilie
Adventurer112 Green Sparx Gems: 142
#153 Posted: 05:45:17 19/01/2013
This is as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is to Super Smash Bros to me. Yes, both are fundamentally similar, but they both bring their own unique twists to the table that will ultimately drive the other to have to improve.

Anyways, I loved Toy Story 3: The Video Game's Toy Box mode, and that was literally what I thought this game was for a few seconds. If only it didn't have expensive figures... then it would be perfect to me. In fact, this is appealing to me so much that I'm considering selling most of my skylanders to get more figures for this (I'll be boycotting Skylanders 3 if Crash Bandicoot becomes a skylander anyways).

After closer studying, I've discovered that the create mode is called "Toy Box mode," and the game is heavily themed off of Toy Story 3: The Video Game. Sold.

Now, if they include Stitch as a playable character, then my skylanders bucket will find a nice new place on a dusty shelf until I feel that I would like to take them down again...
Seeing him as a surfing board item in that trailer doesn't appeal to me though. Having Stitch not at least represented as a character (A play set would be very cool for him and Lilo IMO) would be a serious mistake. It needs more... FLUFFY!
---
Fairies DO exist!
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#154 Posted: 11:39:32 19/01/2013
Quote: sponge56
I really hate the fact that Disney had to ripoff activision why couldn't they come out with their own ideas smilie

Disney's been doing this for years.

See: Lion King and Hamlet
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#155 Posted: 12:38:29 19/01/2013
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2...mpaign=Previous
This has gone too far.They stole my favourite two games and put them together to make something crap.
Those greedy baa baa black sheep...
---
Eggs
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#156 Posted: 12:48:13 19/01/2013
The game looks good.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#157 Posted: 12:49:39 19/01/2013
Quote:
Each of these grants access to a world and adventure that relates to a particular Disney franchise, and particular set of figures. Like an expanded version of Skylanders adventure packs this will enable Disney Interactive to offer experiences that relate to new and future movies without players having to buy a whole new game.

No... No... He clearly dosn't understand how that works... The data for the levels aren't saved on the little disc thing; there's far too much information in a WHOLE LEVEL to be stored on a few MB (in most cases, RFID chips have 1MB of storage).

The level is still saved on the game and it just get's unlocked in the game. How can you not understand that? The only way that they would support new levels is by having updates to support them - but it's gonna be on the Wii, and the Wii is an arse when it comes to updating games so they won't do it.

...Which is also why Skylanders never gets patched.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#158 Posted: 04:18:53 23/01/2013
Jack is a boss. But i think disney is one step too late. ever since activision made skylanders every company has been trying to copy them with the same cliche crap. Although disney's looks awesome, it would be a lot more succesful in my opinion one or two years ago. the reason why: kids like disney and "creatures" about equally, disney works its magic pretty well with kids, activision doesnt make very good sequels. basically im just saying if disney had made the game a little earlier, skylanders would have some tight competition.
Activision makes a copy of their own game: loyal fan-base keeps buying for the little toys
disney makes a copy of activision's concept: disney fan-base finds something different and moves on.
i know rants bore people, but im just saying the sequel kind of bored me away from skylanders (the levels werent as fun anymore) and i could see some reasons to move on.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#159 Posted: 14:26:36 23/01/2013
On my opinion, i rather ply skylanders than play disney infinity, why ?, because :
- Most disney characters are based by previous movies and cartoons Disney has made, instead Skylanders has more interesting characters which makes you guess what their powers are and also what are their abilities, also disney characters are often repetitive and don't include special characters which only appear in this game which will make this game more interesting, while on the other hand skylanders add around 8-16 new character in the new game, which makes it more interesting
-Also the disney figurines are kind of plain, normal, and less interesting than the ones from skylanders, which the characters at the same size as the disney characters, A.K.A. the giants, all light up, and not to mention the lightcores which have their own abilities, also the base of the figurines are far more interesting because their base are based on their element and also skylanders has a variety of extra items that can be used in the game that keeps making skylanders an interesting game
- In skylanders you can play co-op mode, play PvP against your friends, also besides arena rumble, you can also play 3 different games in battle mode in giants, also you can choose between a variety of different arenas which can be unlocked via completing the game, while i don't really know what Disney Infinity has in plan for PvP, but it looks like you play sorts of mini games with other players, and i don't know if you can ply co-op too
- Also the portal for disney is far cooler, however it looks more expensive and also shows that all of the characters have the same base because the place to put the character is determined, which for me is really not that appealing, because this makes the characters have the same boring base all the time, unlike skylanders, the portal is much wider and the portal also lights up, which enables the developers to create different shapes for the bases of the characters which makes it more interesting
- Finally, the most important thing and major thing i dislike about disney infinity is the lack of storyline, in other words, by looking at the trailer it shows that every character has its own storyline, this part is ok, but it doesn't show that the characters interact with one another so the game itself looks like the game revolves around a big,major storyline, and one big bad boss at the end, however the trailer didn't show that disney implemented this, even though they put in a sandbox mode which you can edit to your every whim, it still doesn't make up for the lack of storyline disney infinity has to offer, besides, when you learn about the storyline in skylanders, it makes you more interested to play and buy the figurines from skylanders, while disney infinity on the other hand, unless Disney infinity has a decent storyline, an arena rumble, or at least a Spectrobes character in the game the chances of me playing or buying this game is pretty low, also even if disney manages to pull it off in this game or its sequel, Skylanders will always be 1-10 steps ahead of disney and also will have more experience than disney infinity
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#160 Posted: 16:05:26 23/01/2013
Tron, Marvel, Starwars Infinity anyone? wud really like to see this happening and wud like to know what willActivision/TFB will do.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#161 Posted: 16:57:11 23/01/2013
That trailer is very misleading. Don't get me wrong it does look fun but after seeing that interview with Family Gamer it's very restricted. Apparently each "set" has it's own world that has the restriction of only being able to use characters from that set for the story mode. The "Toy Box" mode is the free for all mode as seen in the trailer. So no taking Tron into Wreck it Ralph or Mr. Incredible into Pirates. That is a HUGE determent for me personally. That's one of the best things about Skylanders...play who you want where you want. Imagine if Skylanders was split into elemental stage blocks and you could only use the corresponding element on a given stage...would kind a suck huh? I'm also not crazy about the stacking coin/disc abilities that need to be stacked under the character to gain new abilities. It could be interesting with so many possible combos but I will reserve judgment until I see more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Ukd70gu&index=3
BOOM Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#162 Posted: 18:10:58 23/01/2013
Quote: Matteomax
If Disney incorporates Star Wars into this.. Activision is SCREWED.

yup. imagine pokemon and marvel DC.... sonic all i can think of smilie
---
why are you reading this? your wasting your time...
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#163 Posted: 18:11:20 23/01/2013
Noep, looks crappier than S:SA. Noep.
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#164 Posted: 18:14:17 23/01/2013
Quote: Tigorus
So no taking Tron into Wreck it Ralph or Mr. Incredible into Pirates. That is a HUGE determent for me personally.

You can create and download actual games/levels for Toy Box. The possibilities are endless. This restriction is also due to the wide range of franchises they would be mashing together. It's easier to get the different studios/property owners within Disney to buy into Infinity if the characters remain true to their respective franchises within the standard playsets.

Imagine if Skylanders was split into elemental stage blocks and you could only use the corresponding element on a given stage...would kind a suck huh?

Gameplay for each playset will be tuned specifically for the characters made for it. In Skylanders, all the puzzles are reduced to find key, push block/button, use a element type to open a gate, kill all enemies. In Infinity, because of the character restriction, puzzles can move beyond the generic and delve into the specific characters that the playset is designed for.

I'm also not crazy about the stacking coin/disc abilities that need to be stacked under the character to gain new abilities. It could be interesting with so many possible combos but I will reserve judgment until I see more.

The discs operate like the magic items in Skylanders. The advantage here is that you get 2 (to 3?) upgrades per character. I believe each figure have all their specific abilities unlocked from the start, so there are no abilities to unlock like Skylanders.
sponge56 Green Sparx Gems: 240
#165 Posted: 20:12:50 23/01/2013
Quote: D-Rex

Disney's been doing this for years.

See: Lion King and Hamlet

But really why skylanders Disney shouldn't ripped off something else smilie
---
twists of fury smilie
#166 Posted: 20:24:01 23/01/2013

This isn't a basic rip off of Skylanders. The games are quite different. I'm not sure why people are so upset about this.

Skylanders isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future and should continue to see success as long as the formula evolves and improves.
#167 Posted: 20:25:21 23/01/2013
disney can suck my [User Posted Image]
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#168 Posted: 20:38:08 23/01/2013
Honestly, it just seems like a Disney Mash up game but they incorporated the Toy function because of how much popular the Skylanders are. To be honest as to if I get it or not it'd really depend on who they have but most likely I won't be. Main thing I like about Skylanders compared to this game is that each time Skylanders comes out with new playable characters they are actually new characters and not characters you've seen before.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#169 Posted: 20:46:22 23/01/2013
Quote: YOLOrenzo

This isn't a basic rip off of Skylanders. The games are quite different. I'm not sure why people are so upset about this.

Skylanders isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future and should continue to see success as long as the formula evolves and improves.

I don't really see this as a rip off either since they are soooo different. Plus competition is good for the overall game and us. I think we can expect to see multiplayer in Skylanders 3 if for no other reason but to be competitive with Disney. If Disney is comfortable with online play Activision/T.F.B. has no excuse. Plus the cloud system for the figures does sound kinda cool. I'm sure we will play both Skylanders and Infinity in our house but I think this will be good for everyone involved with Skylanders....all we need now is for Nintendo to jump on board /wink.
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#170 Posted: 00:21:04 24/01/2013
on my opinion unless they put characters from Spectrobes, i am not playing nor buying this skylanders lookalike game, and besides if all upgrades are unlocked when you play the game it's much faster/easier to get bored of this game and play something else, on the other hand skylanders have upgrade paths which makes it a more interesting game, because in S:SA you have to be careful of what path you choose, because you can't change to another path, while in giants you can experience both paths one at a time to find which one is more compatible to your gameplay, so in other words skylanders beats disney hands down, also again i point out that even though online play is available,you can't actually play disney with 3 of your friends at your own house without the use of online play, which sucks. Why ? ,you might ask ?, its because the damn portal from disney is more restricted than skylanders, and on my opinion, thats what makes disney new game not as good as skylanders.
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#171 Posted: 06:26:55 24/01/2013
Quote: Brutungo
I hope they add darkwing duck and a darkwing duck themed world to fight his villians. The gummy bears world would be kind of a neat throw back as would a old town where it and the characters in it are black and white.

If this happens and ducktales, i might buy the game just to play in my childhood cartoon worlds!
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#172 Posted: 11:58:51 24/01/2013
The original characters are what make Skylanders worthwhile to me. Established rehash? No thanks Disney.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#173 Posted: 00:24:13 25/01/2013
Disney seems to be celebrating old memories with Disney Infinity.
Activision seems to be ruining old memories with Skylanders.

Especially if they put Crash Bandicoot to the same fate as Spyro, I'll be selling quite a few skylanders in order to afford this. Disney Infinity looks like what Skylanders should've been to me.

Unlimited gameplay time? Check.
Better co-op, with splitscreen and online? Check.
Longer story-time than Skylanders, with more variation? Check (Some must be purchased though).

And, in terms of actual gameplay, there is no competition. Infinity beats Skylander's 3 moves hands down.
---
Fairies DO exist!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#174 Posted: 02:37:14 25/01/2013
Not to worry everyone we all know that Disney Infinity will never beat Skylanders now that they confirmed their biggest fatal flaw with their game. Other characters won't be able to explore other character's worlds unless it's the toybox mode. If you look up one of the new videos they have, they said that characters can't explore each other's worlds like Mr. Incredible can't go to Pirates of the Caribbean or Sulley can't go to the incredibles. To most people that will be the biggest turn down for the game especially since these are the guys who made Kingdom Hearts. Kinda contradicting their limits much? Also the irony is there was mentioning of a sorcerer mickey going to be made so he won't be able to explore other worlds either? What sense does that make he was able to go to other worlds in Kingdom Hearts, but not in Disney Infinity? Just saying and I do prefer Skylanders anyways.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#175 Posted: 03:16:13 25/01/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Honestly this is just stupid, Disney doesn't know crap when it comes to videogames.
And the character figures look like they were made from fisher price D:

smilie ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
#176 Posted: 05:45:28 25/01/2013
So far, most people that have posted something negative about Infinity sound insecure, misinformed and/or still in the K-12.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:09:40 25/01/2013 by YOLOrenzo
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#177 Posted: 08:21:35 25/01/2013
Not surprised that another company would pick up on the portal/figure idea, but I see nothing but "new" characters as in the pixar characters. If they don't add the old school characters like the princesses and the mickey gang, I don't see it being very popular. Outside of jack skeleton and jack sparrow, I don't see many characters I want to collect.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#178 Posted: 10:39:19 25/01/2013
It looks like Cars will be released as well at launch. Not too suprising considering its alternate playstyle and its heavy usage in the trailers. Hopefully they take inspiration from their very own Cars 2 The Videogame.

Possible leak:

http://www.smythstoys.com/Sear...sney%20infinity
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:42:48 25/01/2013 by kiz3000
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#179 Posted: 11:31:06 25/01/2013
Am I the only one that's surprised that there isn't a Mickey Mouse figure? This is Disney after all...The only way I'll buy this is if they incorporate Oswald The Lucky Rabbit into it somehow, which I doubt they'll do.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
Deadmau5 Fan 98 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#180 Posted: 16:28:21 25/01/2013
This seems even more expensive than skylanders, which is really saying something. The thing that really ticks me off are the playsets. €35 for a world and I can't even use any other characters with it? Imagine if someone got the starter pack for christmas and no other figures. That means no local co op because of the playsets. Thats ridiculous and I have no intention of getting this game because of the play sets.
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#181 Posted: 16:30:58 25/01/2013
^ Yeah, I don't understand the gouging either. People are already to the point of being fed up with the massively-cheaper Skylanders prices, so what would've made sense is a cheaper alternative to the same type of experience. Maybe then they'd have some claim to market traction here, but by curiously deciding to price hike before the game is even out, it's going to launch on a bad note with any audience it hoped to capture.
#182 Posted: 17:03:39 25/01/2013
Playsets are 3 packs as far as I know. 2 figures + Playset piece. Kind of like the adventure packs, but unlocking huge worlds instead of just a single level.

As far as Micky Mouse, princesses and all other older franchises, they've already strongly hinted at all of those coming to Infinity as well, but they probably won't make it out until 2014 IMO.

This is what I predict for their Playset launch schedule through to the end of 2013:

• Monster's University (coincides with the movie release), Pirates of the Caribbean, The Incredibles
  • Cars (my least favorite Pixar film, but it's still a huge moneymaker for them, August)
  • Wreck-it-Ralph (September)
  • Phineas and Ferb (October)
  • Toy Story (November)
  • A Nightmare Before Christmas (December)
#183 Posted: 17:25:28 25/01/2013
Quote: Tashiji
^ Yeah, I don't understand the gouging either. People are already to the point of being fed up with the massively-cheaper Skylanders prices, so what would've made sense is a cheaper alternative to the same type of experience. Maybe then they'd have some claim to market traction here, but by curiously deciding to price hike before the game is even out, it's going to launch on a bad note with any audience it hoped to capture.

You have no idea how strong the Disney brand is. This will be released along side the Monster's University movie and will likely have an ad spot during the previews.

Furthermore, releasing at a cheaper price instantly reduces the value of your product and doesn't leave room for sale prices.

Also, "massively cheaper" is an overstatement. Here are the Skylanders prices:

• Starter pack - $74.99
  • Standard - $9.99, and if you bought both S1 and S2 figures, you paid $19.98
  • Lightcore - $11.99
  • Giants - $14.99
  • 3-packs - $24.99
  • SSA Adventure Packs - $24.99, unlocks single level, one figure, 2 magic items

Infinity Prices:

• Starter pack - $74.99
  • Standard - $12.99
  • 3-packs - $29.99
  • Playsets - $34.99, unlocks a full world, 2 figures
  • Upgrade coins - $4.99, blind, 2 per packs
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#184 Posted: 19:08:15 25/01/2013
The Disney Infinity character toys look pretty nice actually. Comparable to Skylanders. Some of wave one in high resolution:

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...s-Surface/11956
#185 Posted: 19:16:32 25/01/2013
Yeah, what's nice is that they all share a similar aesthetic so they'll look like they all belong together on a shelf.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#186 Posted: 20:29:16 25/01/2013
Quote: buzz
The Disney Infinity character toys look pretty nice actually. Comparable to Skylanders. Some of wave one in high resolution:

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...s-Surface/11956

"Disney Infinity Characters Wave One High-Res Figure Images Surface"
... yeah, the ones that i posted yesterday here ...

http://www.disneyinfinityfans....ic.php?f=9&t=27
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:34:30 25/01/2013 by t7gga
buzz Blue Sparx Gems: 901
#187 Posted: 20:49:06 25/01/2013
I see different images between the two sites?
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#188 Posted: 21:08:34 25/01/2013
Quote: buzz
I see different images between the two sites?

see the1500x1500 links below the smaller images. like this one http://www.disneyinfinityfans....01_barbossa.jpg
#189 Posted: 21:36:45 25/01/2013

You have no idea how strong the Disney brand is. This will be released along side the Monster's University movie and will likely have an ad spot during the previews.

Furthermore, releasing at a cheaper price instantly reduces the value of your product and doesn't leave room for sale prices.

• Starter pack - $59.99
  • Standard - $9.99
  • 3-packs - $24.99
  • Adventure Packs - $24.99, unlocks single level, one figure, 2 magic items

Infinity Prices:

• Starter pack - $74.99
  • Standard - $12.99
  • 3-packs - $29.99

Fixed that for you. It's not very fair to have the cost of Giants and it's figures included. Comparing the first games in the series makes more sense than comparing one game to two games - in that case, of course Skylanders is going to cost more because that's a whole new game and additional figures.

It makes sense if, when they release a second Infinity, to compare the cost of Infinity 1, 2 to the cost of Skylanders SSA and Giants.
#190 Posted: 21:44:12 25/01/2013
You actually didn't fix anything.

Infinity will be going up against Giants + SSA when it's released in June. It makes zero sense to compare it to just SSA.
#191 Posted: 00:01:08 26/01/2013
Quote: bionicle2809

• Starter pack - $59.99
  • Standard - $9.99
  • 3-packs - $24.99

Infinity Prices:

• Starter pack - $74.99
  • Standard - $12.99
  • 3-packs - $29.99

Fixed that for you. It's not very fair to have the cost of Giants and it's figures included. Comparing the first games in the series makes more sense than comparing one game to two games - in that case, of course Skylanders is going to cost more because that's a whole new game and additional figures.

It makes sense if, when they release a second Infinity, to compare the cost of Infinity 1, 2 to the cost of Skylanders SSA and Giants.

If the 'extra' stuff from SG should be removed, then why keep the Power Tokens for Infinity? And since when was the starter pack for SSA $59.99!? Last I checked it was $69.99 at retail...
And I'm fine with the extra $10 for Play Sets, as instead of unlocking a level, two characters, and two upgrades, it unlocks a new 6-hour campaign (Each of which is supposed to be highly unique), and still has two characters for local co-op.
---
Fairies DO exist!
#192 Posted: 00:21:49 26/01/2013
Quote: Adventurer112

• Starter pack - $59.99
  • Standard - $9.99
  • 3-packs - $24.99

Infinity Prices:

• Starter pack - $74.99
  • Standard - $12.99
  • 3-packs - $29.99

If the 'extra' stuff from SG should be removed, then why keep the Power Tokens for Infinity? And since when was the starter pack for SSA $59.99!? Last I checked it was $69.99 at retail... And I'm fine with the extra $10 for Play Sets, as instead of unlocking a level, two characters, and two upgrades, it unlocks a new 6-hour campaign (Each of which is supposed to be highly unique), and still has two characters for local co-op.

Because the power tokens are part of the release of Infinity 1 - the new figures for Giants aren't all part of the initial release for SSA, are they? Therefore, it's unfair to compare the cost of 2 games to the cost of 1.
#193 Posted: 00:30:14 26/01/2013
^ In the future, please use the edit feature to modify your existing post rather than making two posts in a row.
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#194 Posted: 00:36:03 26/01/2013
It most likely won't put Skylanders out of buisness. smilie It also copied Minecraft! That's just... upsetting.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:23:42 26/01/2013 by Ash Starkindle
#195 Posted: 00:39:30 26/01/2013
Because the power tokens are part of the release of Infinity 1 - the new figures for Giants aren't all part of the initial release for SSA, are they? Therefore, it's unfair to compare the cost of 2 games to the cost of 1.

So then just compare the cost of Giants to Infinity since these will be head to head at retail this June (assuming Skylanders 3 is in Fall/Early Winter).

Giants:

• Starter Pack - $74.99
  • Single character pack - $9.99
  • Lightcore - $11.99
  • Giants - $14.99
  • Triple character pack - $24.99
  • Battle pack - $24.99 - one magic item, unlocks a battle arena, two figures

Prices aren't "massively" cheaper which is the point I was trying to make in the first place.

It still makes ZERO sense to compare it to just SSA.
#196 Posted: 00:51:08 26/01/2013
No... No... He clearly dosn't understand how that works... The data for the levels aren't saved on the little disc thing; there's far too much information in a WHOLE LEVEL to be stored on a few MB (in most cases, RFID chips have 1MB of storage).

The level is still saved on the game and it just get's unlocked in the game. How can you not understand that? The only way that they would support new levels is by having updates to support them - but it's gonna be on the Wii, and the Wii is an arse when it comes to updating games so they won't do it.

This is true for just this year. The data is on the disc due to how current consoles handle downloadable content - basically just the Wii, like you said.

Disney has stated that starting next year, Playsets packs will not be on disc, so they can release levels/figures whenever they see fit. Also, all figures are forward and backwards compatible in the Toy Box mode.
#197 Posted: 12:10:16 26/01/2013

This is true for just this year. The data is on the disc due to how current consoles handle downloadable content - basically just the Wii, like you said.

Disney has stated that starting next year, Playsets packs will not be on disc, so they can release levels/figures whenever they see fit. Also, all figures are forward and backwards compatible in the Toy Box mode.

...That's a lot of data that has to be stored on a single RFID chip - unless they use multiple chips for different purposes.
Jurr Green Sparx Gems: 133
#198 Posted: 18:22:58 26/01/2013
Well I see disney infinity as someting positive. To keep the skylanders fan base happy and loyal they will have to compete with Disney. So I hope Activision will be more creative and price competitive with Skylanders 3.
---
You say potato, I say vodka...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#199 Posted: 19:24:31 26/01/2013
Quote: Jurr
Well I see disney infinity as someting positive. To keep the skylanders fan base happy and loyal they will have to compete with Disney. So I hope Activision will be more creative and price competitive with Skylanders 3.

This. I was just about to post that since Disney has definitely upped the ante on what a game like this could be, it's definitely going to be a nudge towards Skylanders to improve and innovate.

Disney, while one of my absolute favorite companies is like the Sony of the innovation realm- they may take designs (seriously though..Sony is planning a Wii U looking tablet? C'mmmooonnn) that other companies already have, but they definitely improve on them to near perfection.

If Skylanders doesn't improve or fundamentally change their products and gameplay, I can see Infinity eclipsing the Skylanders franchise in the very near future. Slapping lights on them is cool, but the Skylanders has a lot of room to grow.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me