Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26
Ebay Fails [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#351 Posted: 15:31:41 17/03/2013
Quote: Matteomax

GBP 349.00 + Shipping GBP 8.50

all this for a misplaced eruptor's paper card... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#352 Posted: 19:17:57 19/03/2013
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?na...id=221203483352

Some jerk stole Sharkz's custom..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#353 Posted: 19:27:21 19/03/2013

How is it unopened??....they must have opened the packaging in order to get her out and create it!..lol
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#354 Posted: 19:35:23 19/03/2013
Quote: spoons10696

How is it unopened??....they must have opened the packaging in order to get her out and create it!..lol

It must be the secret variant variant!
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#355 Posted: 19:40:00 19/03/2013

Glue can do wonders sometimes.
---
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#356 Posted: 19:48:13 19/03/2013

Glue can do wonders sometimes.

I realize that but its still not unopened!
pokemonblack100 Green Sparx Gems: 326
#357 Posted: 02:59:16 20/03/2013
How do we know that isn't Sharkz On EBay..
---
Want: Vocanic Vault, Chase variants, Gnarly
Come check out my trades for the figures above by clicking my name and checking my guestbook annocument
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#358 Posted: 05:26:22 22/03/2013
Don't know if this one has graced this thread yet .... /sigh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item3ccfeebe38
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#359 Posted: 11:21:42 22/03/2013
CHILL DEFECTS PINK LIPS WHITE BASE GREY HAIR PROTOTYPE CLEAR HAND

Price: US $200.00

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!11
#360 Posted: 03:12:43 23/03/2013
I really hope this Ebay listing isn't telling a true story.

I'm thinking it's a scam all the way ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item2a2adf8175
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#361 Posted: 18:37:27 25/03/2013
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skyl...33270%26ps%3D54
Nuff' said
---
Eggs
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#362 Posted: 08:02:39 27/03/2013
^ lol, he actually thinks those characters are worth that much...
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#363 Posted: 22:45:26 04/04/2013
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321101...984.m1436.l2649
He's been changing the price but is now at a lower price, and is changing the shipping x)
---
words. letters. filler.
The Pop Fizz Green Sparx Gems: 271
#364 Posted: 00:29:00 05/04/2013
Quote: BahamutBreaker

LOL that's close to where i live
---
and yes I do like Pop Fizz
#365 Posted: 00:59:56 07/04/2013
Curious. Anyone on the board live in/near Baton Rouge and know this clown?

http://myworld.ebay.com/kellei...=p2047675.l2559
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#366 Posted: 01:05:41 07/04/2013
I know this guy
His name is
Jowan
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#367 Posted: 01:13:29 07/04/2013

Now that's just sad.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#368 Posted: 03:05:38 07/04/2013
Quote: Sleepy0429
I know this guy
His name is
Jowan

What can you tell me about Jowan, Sleepy?

Yesterday I called him out over on Ebay for listing Swarm as a "HARD TO FIND" character in his auction. (Really? Swarm? So ... Whirlwind and Stump Smash are "hard to find", too, then?)
He responded by spamming my Ebay inbox with a bunch of crap and chest-puffing about how he bought 50 Ninjini, 14 Scarlett Ninjini, and 28 Polar Whirlwind in Baton Rouge yesterday.

I laughed ... a lot.
---
#369 Posted: 03:15:25 07/04/2013
I can confirm Scarlet nor Polar has reached lousiana yet so thats bull.
---
#370 Posted: 03:26:10 07/04/2013

Oh yes, it's definitely bull. I think it's so funny ... I call a guy out for embellishing the rarity of Swarm (lol!) in his listing, and he automatically resorts to lying/bragging about all the rare figures he doesn't really have.
As if I was looking for a penis-measuring contest ... over Skylanders .... *eyeroll*

Be sure to let Jowan know that he's so full of it that his eyeballs are brown! :-)
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#371 Posted: 03:36:05 07/04/2013

Oh yes, it's definitely bull. I think it's so funny ... I call a guy out for embellishing the rarity of Swarm (lol!) in his listing, and he automatically resorts to lying/bragging about all the rare figures he doesn't really have.
As if I was looking for a penis-measuring contest ... over Skylanders .... *eyeroll*

Be sure to let Jowan know that he's so full of it that his eyeballs are brown! :-)

He must've changed something---I don't see anything out of the ordinary on his listings...

Speaking of which---I'm now investigating "loose" figures that include cards and web code---I'm coming to find out that many of them don't know that the code on the sticker should match the same code as read from the character in Universe. They are giving a false sense of security because they are mixing and matching the codes with the figures--and as you know---depending on how you register could mean that the code could still not work because it was registered by another person.

So be warned---this has been your raw skylander purchasing public announcement.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:45:13 07/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
#372 Posted: 03:38:54 07/04/2013
HARD TO FIND SWARM
---
#373 Posted: 03:40:51 07/04/2013
Yeah, I always ignore that wordage. I'LL be the judge of what's hard to find or not. If I had to call out every comic seller who did that I'd never be able to buy anything lol. In comics realm, they love to include certification companies in the title and then put the word NOT...

for example: NOT CGC. So that it would show up in my search. Good thing I know how to NOT include criteria in my search...and clowns like these don't show up because I exclude people that do this. HTF and VHTF are included.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:44:29 07/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
#374 Posted: 03:55:00 07/04/2013
Right on, Ghost Roaster. Typically I ignore that wordage, too. There was just something extra laughable about advertising Swarm as "hard to find". That, and I when I also saw that he was trying to charge $9.00 for shipping ... well, I just had to call him out. I rarely bother with such things ... but I guess I just want to ensure that Skylanders salesmen (or women!) on Ebay maintain SOME level of respectability.

As for the loose figures: you're right again. It's virtually impossible to buy a loose figure online and be guaranteed that the webcode associated with that figure is the unused original one for that piece. Initially, I refrained from even including the webcodes in my personal Ebay listings, for the exact reason you highlighted. But after dozens of bidder inquiries ("does this include the webcode?!?!?"), I figured I guess I better at least try including them. You'd be amazed ... most of the people who inquired about the webcodes didn't even realize that they aren't necessary to use the figures on DS/PS3/Wii/XBox. It's just one of those things ... gotta stick the webcode in the listing, even if it's just to make the bidders (most of whom know next-to-nothing about Skylanders) feel comfy that they aren't getting cheated.

The other thing that amazes me is how many Ebay sellers will list Skylanders that include the webcodes, and they'll show the webcodes plain as day right in the photos for the listing. I personally Photoshop the codes out in my listings, or cover up the part of the webcode card that has the actual alphanumeric code on it.
---
#375 Posted: 03:57:14 07/04/2013
And yeah ... the dummy Ebay sellers that make listings like, "Whirlwind NOT Polar" or (even worse) "Skylanders Hot Head New!! NOT Ninjini, Eye Brawl, or Thumpback". I think that's really lame.
---
#376 Posted: 04:08:22 07/04/2013
Yeah, I had to tell someone who was showcasing about 30 different web codes to take out his picture---he was just a dad selling his kid's stuff--but told him that's giving away the farm. I can understand someone wanting the sticker, web code and card to be "complete", although I suspect they simply don't understand all of the communication options available to them for it to work.

I'm wondering now with Universe going away---are they simply moving away from Web codes entirely or simply requiring portal interaction to get the code, thus making it totally based on the physical possession of the object. As you know the other mobile games allow both manual code entry and through the portal. Kinda stinks that there will be no way to read your portal's figure code when Universe departs--to my point about the web code not matching the figure.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:10:17 07/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
#377 Posted: 04:27:47 07/04/2013
Aye. I personally think the "webcode" idea was dumb and doomed from the start. I also never have used Universe. My kids tried it once or twice right when they first started on Skylanders. They thought Universe was lame compared to the console gaming, so we've never even really given Universe a second thought. Perhaps Universe appealed more to older kids and adults? I don't know.

Regardless, your point about the portal entry is solid and I agree with you. If one can use a Bluetooth Portal to register your character on Apple devices, why not have a USB or Wifi Portal that can do the same thing for a PC online game? I guess it's a moot point with Universe closing-down. My bet/guess is that Activision realized that the money in Skylanders is all about making lots and lots of likeable and quality figurines ... and that online gaming is better left to ... well, online gaming; I doubt Universe was pulling in profits. Again, not having been really involved with Universe, I have at least heard that the Universe game never really actually left its beta testing phase .... it just had a much longer than usual beta phase. I suppose Activision finally decided it wasn't worth the cost to maintain the servers and keep updating content. To be honest, I don't know anyone who buys/bought Skylanders with the main intention of playing Universe. Perhaps a few people did/do that, but probably not very many.
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#378 Posted: 02:51:21 08/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
Yeah, I had to tell someone who was showcasing about 30 different web codes to take out his picture---he was just a dad selling his kid's stuff--but told him that's giving away the farm. I can understand someone wanting the sticker, web code and card to be "complete", although I suspect they simply don't understand all of the communication options available to them for it to work.

I'm wondering now with Universe going away---are they simply moving away from Web codes entirely or simply requiring portal interaction to get the code, thus making it totally based on the physical possession of the object. As you know the other mobile games allow both manual code entry and through the portal. Kinda stinks that there will be no way to read your portal's figure code when Universe departs--to my point about the web code not matching the figure.

The codes will still exist and most likely be in the character boxes for swap force. Why you ask? because of the new mobile games they have made where they can make money instead of offering you the free use of universe. It's easy enough to find out about that simply from the universe webpage. It's another money grab.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#379 Posted: 00:05:17 09/04/2013
Just saw a seller with a Flashwing that they had removed all the paint from. $49.99 plus $5 shipping.

Actual description:
PRESENTING ...
OOAK TRANSLUCENT/TRANSPARENT

"FLASHWING"

WORKS GREAT ON PORTAL.

NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER!

THIS FLASHWING IS IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER.

JUST ONE OF MY EXTRAS THAT I WANTED TO GET ARTISTIC WITH.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND ITEM SO PLEASE CONSIDER THIS WHEN BIDDING. BEAUTY AND ART IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER...

PERFECTION COMES FROM THE SWEATSHOPS - NOT ARTISANS

PLEASE SEE MY PIX AND ASK ALL QUESTIONS PRIOR TO BIDDING OR BUYING.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#380 Posted: 00:15:28 09/04/2013
^ Not "One of a kind"..
---
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#381 Posted: 00:58:09 09/04/2013
^ Not "One of a kind"..

It's not a "fail" either.
#382 Posted: 01:13:34 09/04/2013
Quote: henryszuch
Quote: Kariana

Now that's just sad.

What did it say?

"HELP, I'M A MOTHER IN NEED OF MONEY FOR BIRTH. I NEED AT LEAST $25O TO PAY THE BILL.. HELP!"
---
#383 Posted: 02:09:05 09/04/2013
Quote: DutRank
^ Not "One of a kind"..

So its not a fail to strip the paint off a "used" figure and try to sell it for $40 over retail? That's news to me...
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
#384 Posted: 02:34:02 09/04/2013
Quote: czs716
^ Not "One of a kind"..

So its not a fail to strip the paint off a "used" figure and try to sell it for $40 over retail? That's news to me...

He's not claiming it to be a variant like most people do. He's honest with what the figure is so I don't see how it's a fail.
It's no different than the guy selling chrome painted Chop-Chops and saying that they are hand painted by himself.
#385 Posted: 02:37:52 09/04/2013
Quote: henryszuch
Quote: Kariana

Now that's just sad.

What did it say?

"HELP, I'M A MOTHER IN NEED OF MONEY FOR BIRTH. I NEED AT LEAST $25O TO PAY THE BILL.. HELP!"

Yeah the wife already dead.
---
#386 Posted: 02:44:40 09/04/2013
.... Why would you die from not paying the bill....
---
words. letters. filler.
#387 Posted: 03:19:35 09/04/2013
Quote: czs716

He's not claiming it to be a variant like most people do. He's honest with what the figure is so I don't see how it's a fail.
It's no different than the guy selling chrome painted Chop-Chops and saying that they are hand painted by himself.

It doesn't matter what he claims it is. He paid $10, took off all the paint, which is by no means a form of art as he is trying to call it, and is now selling it for $50. That's a fail.
---
#388 Posted: 03:38:03 09/04/2013
Well technically it is Art.
---
words. letters. filler.
#389 Posted: 04:03:03 09/04/2013
It's a fail, and it's art ... it's fail-art. Why are we debating this again?

With regard to the "fail" I posted a week or so ago about the guy claiming he needed to sell Polar Whirlwind for $300 or whatever ... he was claiming that his girlfriend/wife had an ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy that occurs outside the uterus ... typically in the Fallopian tube; look it up), and that unless someone paid $300 for his Polar Whirlwind, the hospital/doctor would not agree to perform the surgery to remove the life-threatening fetus.

That's a maximum fail on so many levels.
The doctor/hospital would NEVER deny treatment to a patient with an ectopic pregnancy. That would be medical malpractice, and would cost the doctor or hospital literally millions of dollars.
And even outside of that ... who the heck begs for money on Ebay? If you're desperate for money, you go to your family, friends, relatives ... and if all those people hate you or don't trust you, then you panhandle on the street.

I find it hard to believe that it isn't a violation of some Ebay policy to claim in your listing that you deserve charity money due to a lifestyle or economic hardship.
---
#390 Posted: 19:54:56 09/04/2013
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLAN...=item1c31a66b7f

This is retarded.
---
#391 Posted: 20:01:34 09/04/2013

Wow. Good call, Matteo.
That is fraud. I reported the seller.
---
#392 Posted: 20:11:32 09/04/2013

Wow. Good call, Matteo.

He's only bent over a little...
---
#393 Posted: 20:52:10 09/04/2013

Wow. Good call, Matteo.

Want me to hit the BIN and make the seller wet his pants?

I find it hard to believe that it isn't a violation of some Ebay policy to claim in your listing that you deserve charity money due to a lifestyle or economic hardship.

We live in entitled times...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:55:03 09/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Loloichi Green Sparx Gems: 355
#394 Posted: 20:52:28 09/04/2013

[/squints]
Am I just stupid?
I don't see a difference. :/
---
I have a boxed Polar Whirlwind and a loose Scarlet Ninjijni to trade! Message me please! <3
#395 Posted: 20:56:01 09/04/2013
Quote: Loloichi

[/squints]
Am I just stupid?
I don't see a difference. :/

We're all stupid---we're here buying toys that will probably be in the dollar bin at Family Dollar in five years.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:14 09/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Loloichi Green Sparx Gems: 355
#396 Posted: 21:19:56 09/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

We're all stupid---we're here buying toys that will probably be in the dollar bin at Family Dollar in five years.

I have nothing else better to spend it on. > w<
---
I have a boxed Polar Whirlwind and a loose Scarlet Ninjijni to trade! Message me please! <3
#397 Posted: 22:06:51 09/04/2013
There is clearly a difference. But it's just like any broken flashwing or skeptical whirlwind out there. Just a factory defect.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#398 Posted: 22:47:21 09/04/2013
i had to make this...

[User Posted Image]
#399 Posted: 22:51:39 09/04/2013
But he seriously wants $2,000? Idiot.
---
First | Previous | Page 8 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me