Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 9 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21
Skylanders in Canada [CLOSED]
King Zenith Blue Sparx Gems: 913
#401 Posted: 20:17:27 08/03/2013
@skylander_dad, I have seen the adventure packs resurface lately (in Calgary anyway) at Superstore locations. Last Sunday I saw multiple Dragon's Peak, Empire of Ice and Pirate Seas packs in the display case. I have never seen Darklight Crypt in stores but I found a great deal on a used one on Kijiji from someone who must not have realized its value.

Quite frankly I was shocked to see the adventure packs in stores. I still think you have to be really lucky to get them. If you can find them used or new for a reasonable price, I would recommend you take it. You can still get lucky in stores though so I wouldn't say it's time to resort to Ebay or Amazon yet. I definitely recommend Kijiji if that's an option for you.
skylander_dad Green Sparx Gems: 434
#402 Posted: 20:39:03 08/03/2013
Quote: King Zenith
@skylander_dad, I have seen the adventure packs resurface lately (in Calgary anyway) at Superstore locations. Last Sunday I saw multiple Dragon's Peak, Empire of Ice and Pirate Seas packs in the display case. I have never seen Darklight Crypt in stores but I found a great deal on a used one on Kijiji from someone who must not have realized its value.

Quite frankly I was shocked to see the adventure packs in stores. I still think you have to be really lucky to get them. If you can find them used or new for a reasonable price, I would recommend you take it. You can still get lucky in stores though so I wouldn't say it's time to resort to Ebay or Amazon yet. I definitely recommend Kijiji if that's an option for you.

Thanks for the info King.

As I mentioned before my son was never into S1 and "Santa" started shopping for Giants back in the fall.....when the shelves were STOCKED with S1 and S2. "He" (Santa) figured that my son would only want a few figures and "he" picked up 15 (or so) of the cool looking ones. DOH!!! If "he" only knew what "he" knows now!!!! Since after Christmas it's been practically a full-time job to search down and acquire what "Santa" missed.

I'm reliving this all over again with the S1 Adventure pack thing. Over the months I've had my "S2 Giant" blinders on and never even considered looking at S1 toys. Just last night my wife and I were discussing this and we are convinced that we both have seen the Darklight Crypt pack (Ghost Roaster is memorable) while looking for S2 toys and never even thought to buy it.

DOH!!! (AGAIN).
triptronix Blue Sparx Gems: 678
#403 Posted: 21:09:13 08/03/2013
ninjini found at EBGAMES hwy48 and major mac also at Ebgames at markville (surprise delivery today?) My wife is picking one up now at the major mac location
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:09:40 08/03/2013 by triptronix
#404 Posted: 21:12:48 08/03/2013
update also at woodbine and hwy 7

Thanks for the update brokenleg =)
DragonJay Green Sparx Gems: 224
#405 Posted: 21:36:04 08/03/2013
Ninjini at Woodbine and 7? YES! That's across the street from my office.
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#406 Posted: 21:38:50 08/03/2013
picked up s2smilie s2smilie and ninjini from eb just now
---
Green Bean Machine
NinjiniXO Green Sparx Gems: 184
#407 Posted: 21:51:16 08/03/2013
[User Posted Image]
Strikeee ! smilie Finally got Ninjini smilie BUt no wrecking ball , here in Ottawa :'(
---
smilie s Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/pages...1841110?fref=ts & Also add me as friends on activate: NinjiniWish
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#408 Posted: 22:05:18 08/03/2013
Just called TRU and EB Games in Calgary. Nothing yet. smilie
#409 Posted: 22:11:35 08/03/2013
Quote: DragonJay
Ninjini at Woodbine and 7? YES! That's across the street from my office.

they should have 2 to 3 aval. right now
brokenleg Blue Sparx Gems: 987
#410 Posted: 22:44:39 08/03/2013
TRU on High Tech also got Ninjini. When I called earlier they also had Spyro and Hot Dog Single (no Wrecking Ball)
TRU Markville had 4 Ninjinis left at 4:30 but no Sypro, Wrecking Ball or Hot Dog single. They did have SSBP and Fright Rider. I got the last Wrecking Ball.
Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#411 Posted: 01:07:52 09/03/2013
Got Ninjini at TRU Oakville smilie Very happy to be done with Giants.
---
~Canadian~
#412 Posted: 01:16:10 09/03/2013
It looks like all we need now is molten hot dog!!!
Sunburn55 Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#413 Posted: 01:59:37 09/03/2013
^And Jade Flashwing
brokenleg Blue Sparx Gems: 987
#414 Posted: 04:03:49 09/03/2013
What a crazy day! Picked up Ninjini, S2 Sypro, S2 Wrecking Ball, Hot Dog Single Pack, a second Fright Rider (so the kids have one to play with out of the box), regular Chill (to keep in box) and.... ordered Camo and Warnado singles from amazon.com for only 8.99 each. Feeling good about all that. I'm heading down to NY state for a ski trip on Sunday where there are 2 MHD that I ordered waiting for me at a Walmart. Just hoping I can find a Jade Flashwing while I'm there too.
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#415 Posted: 20:06:33 09/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Nice to see some new skylanders on the shelves. Ended up getting spyro, And wreaking ball no ninjini's left :-(

Does ne1 know where polar whirlwinds and scarlet ninjini's are being sold at in the states?
And r they gonna be coming to Canada?
I hope so i LOVE polar whirlwind just amazing colours,

Hopefully i will find a ninjini soon if ne1 can help would owe them BIG TIME

Good luck
Fellow Canadians
ali117major Blue Sparx Gems: 571
#416 Posted: 20:08:47 09/03/2013
going to TRUS at anjou now and polar whirlwind wont come to canada
---
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG- ali117major : 11063G, full of games and BADASS!!! HALO 4 IS THE BEST GAME EVAR WOOT WOOT!!!!!!
Granite Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 386
#417 Posted: 20:49:22 09/03/2013
Here in Canada, we pay far more for Skylanders: Giants than you lucky Americans! First off, availability in Canada of Skylanders' variants are next to nothing! So far, we can't get our hands on Molten Hot-Dog (maybe he's coming at walmart Canada), Granite Crusher and Jade Flashwing that are Target's exclusives. So we're forced the go the eBay/Amazon/Kijiji route with insane increasing prices! Also, we usually never get specials on Skylanders figurines except for a B2G1F promo on Giants, Lightcores and Solo Packs at Microplay... We never got the Frito-Lay's/GameStop's Skylanders promos here: Whisper Elf, Terrabite, Trigger Snappy, Gill Runt. But most important of all : we never got the wave 3 triple packs (ERUPTOR / STEALTH ELF / TERRAFIN ; PRISM BREAK / LIGHTNING ROD / DRILL SERGEANT) here forcing us to buy figurines in solo packs that are more expansive than the cheaper triple pack alternative! I'm starting to get nervous about the releasing Polar Whirlwind / Scarlet Ninjini and the others triple packs! Will we get here the Frito-Lay's Skylanders: Giants Sidekicks promo (MINI JINI, THUMPLING, EYE-SMALL, BARKLEY)? I don't think so! Why there's no such love about Canadians Skylanders fans? I twitted them but they never responds! Please fellow Canadians let's them hear our voices!

Official Twitter's accounts:
@SkylandersGame
@ATVIAssist (Activision Support)
@ToysForBob

Official Facebook pages:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/...108382789183243
https://fr-ca.facebook.com/SkylandersGame
https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist/info

Skylanders: Giants support page:
https://support.activision.com/Contact_Us

Activision support email address:
support@activision.com
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:35:08 09/03/2013 by Granite Crusher
#418 Posted: 21:13:18 09/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I hear ya granite crusher
Canadians definitly get the short end of the stick when it comes to skylanders.

Thanks for the info looks like i'm gonna have to go hunting for a scarlet ninjini. probably wait hopefully they will get cheaper
stukatso Green Sparx Gems: 303
#419 Posted: 22:02:25 09/03/2013
Canadians get the short end of the stick when it comes to everything. I saw/went through the same thing a few years back.

The Canadian market is simply not big enough for anyone to care. The population of Canada is roughly 1/2 that of the UK, and 1/3 that of Germany, so I wouldn't count on any amazon.ca exclusives. At least with the arrival of Target, it will hopefully narrow down any US exclusives.
ali117major Blue Sparx Gems: 571
#420 Posted: 22:43:27 09/03/2013
alright like i said back from TRS from anjou and there are : 124 eye brawls et thumpbacks, the legendary triples with bouncer, spyro s2 and wrecking ball s2 and single pack hot dog and all other skylanders EXCEPT SOLD OUT OF NINJINI!!!!!
---
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG- ali117major : 11063G, full of games and BADASS!!! HALO 4 IS THE BEST GAME EVAR WOOT WOOT!!!!!!
boomer has it Green Sparx Gems: 304
#421 Posted: 04:33:43 10/03/2013
Anyone checked Hillcrest mall EB games? Might go there tommorow. Went on Friday and the employee said they never got any spyro s2 or Ninijini. I am just gonna get wrecking ball in his triple pack.
---
credit to kappa for my avatar
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#422 Posted: 04:38:48 10/03/2013
Quote: ali117major
alright like i said back from TRS from anjou and there are : 124 eye brawls et thumpbacks, the legendary triples with bouncer, spyro s2 and wrecking ball s2 and single pack hot dog and all other skylanders EXCEPT SOLD OUT OF NINJINI!!!!!

Wow I need to check that tru more often.
Wisewizard41 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1114
#423 Posted: 05:34:47 10/03/2013
I just got S2 Spyro here in Richmond B.C smilie
---
The way of the dragon, is the way of the heart.
#424 Posted: 06:24:49 10/03/2013
BTW, what in the world is micro play? Have not ever seen one in Toronto and the surrounding areas
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#425 Posted: 07:31:10 10/03/2013
Wow, been a few days, I keep forgetting to check this thread ever since it was relegated to the No Man's Land that is Toys And Merch

I never think of checking Microplay, their prices were well below cost years ago, it feels like something criminal is going on. smilie I also don't know that many. In the Montreal area I know there's one by Fairview, last I knew, and I think there's one near me on Acadie.

Without a car but with money in my account I went hunting yesterday afternoon... Hoping to get the 3DS starter pack (despite not owning a 3DS, to get the Punch Pop Fizz), and hopefully the Scorpion Stricker Battle Pack and Molten Hot Dog. Went to Wal-Mart at Hippodrome Blue Bonnets, Namur Metro, trying for Molten first. Not only spotted the 3DS pack, found a couple with Glow In The Dark Cynder! Wow! Grabbed it (abandoning the idea of re-selling the remainder of the pack on Kijiji or eBay, only one figure left seems not enough value to bother). The main rack was empty otherwise, they had a couple of shelves with plenty of Thumpback, Eye-Brawl and Hot Head (maybe a few others). Asked the guy, he seemed only slightly familiar with things. Asked about Molten, he didn't think so, reporting he wasn't sure what he looked like. When I described him as "Mostly yellow", he said "Oh, then no" (making it sound like he's seen normal Hot Dog, but how? We don't seem to have the SS Battle Pack yet, and I didn't think we had gotten the single yet).

Went to the EBGames there, the girl seems to be one of us, she was quite familiar, reporting that she hadn't seen the SS Battle Pack yet, and saying she had ONE Ninjini that morning, and it was like "Oh, look, Ninj - oh, here you go".

Went to the Source next door, I've seen a couple having a couple of starter packs, but since it literally shares a wall with EBGames, I guess they didn't bother sending any Skylanders stuff to this one.

Next stop was pretty far, Toys R Us on Newman in Lasalle, basically part of Place Angrignon. I called ahead to make sure it was worth it, asking for LLC Chill smilie and L Stealth Elf smilie. After a while - it was busy - she confirmed that yes there was, and I asked her to put some aside. 45 minutes later I'm there, and still see each available (LStealth in a bargain bin), so it wasn't necessary. I asked the guy for my place-asides, and while he's looking I notice next to the cash register: A shopping cart with 5 or 6 Ninjini's! I have Scarlet Ninjini on order so I hadn't even thought to ask! WAITING there in front of me, it was too much temptation, I got her too! He said they came in only hours before, I figured that must be why I found some in stock, LOL! I had the feeling that they were in a shopping cart because they felt it wasn't worth the time and effort to put them on the pegs, they'd be gone soon enough. When I left at like exactly 5pm there were still 4 or 5. I suspect they might have still had a couple this morning, maybe I should have posted this last night, but I was having fun playing Ninjini, LOL! (She's already done, Level 15, 9 quests, all upgrades, all 23 Heroic Challenges I now have available in Giants).

I was considering checking if there's a Best Buy and/or Future Shop in Place Angrignon (I think the former for sure), but by this point my dogs were barking, after hours in transit and in stores, LOL!

BTW, checking the Target website, all the locations in and around Montreal say either Fall 2013 or Winter 2013. And I suspect "Winter" doesn't mean now. smilie WTH???!?!? Big stores like that usually only take a couple of weeks to go up, especially when the building is already there, it just need filling. Only mildly interested in Jade Flashwing as I have Flashwing and find her okay, but not overly thrilling me. Similar feelings about Crusher, but somehow I'm interested in Granite Crusher, LOL! And still not sure if Target might get other exclusives.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#426 Posted: 17:32:30 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Just found out the target in our area isn't opening untill April. :-(
You guys think they will be selling the target exclusive skylanders still in april?
And does ne1 know which stores in the USA have the polar whirlwinds i really want that one :-)

Still no ninjini for me hopefully i will find one next week

Happy Hunting
DragonJay Green Sparx Gems: 224
#427 Posted: 23:44:23 10/03/2013
Got my Ninjini, S2 Spyro and S2 Wrecking Ball on Friday. I'm done. Can't be bothered with any more variants or even LCs.

Trip - I did get Ninjini at Woodbine and 7...thanks! The last one if you can believe it. There were a ton of Ninjini at TRU High Tech on Friday night, but no Spyro or Wrecking Ball (at 5:30pm). Got them at TRU Sherway, which is usually a pathetic store for any selection.

Swap Force has to really wow me in previews for me to bother with this again. For SSA, I enjoyed the hunt. For SG, knowing that the US was at least a month ahead of us in everything was pathetic. I've worked in Marketing and Supply Chain for a major retailer, and SG was a colossal error often made with US companies. While Canada has a smaller population, a large proportion is centralized into a few cities (Toronto being larger than all but 2 US cities - 3 depending on how one views Chicago). Servicing rural Canada isn't hard since it can be done by shipping to a couple of online distribution companies - Amazon and TRU would cover most of that. Each has 2 DCs - Vancouver and Toronto. Basically, you can satisfy a market similar in population to California by shipping into 2-4 cities (the same as shipping to California). And that market has been much stronger financially than any US territory. SG figures definitely fall in the disposable income area.

It's just small-minded thinking in the world of supply chain and marketing.

By the time Swap Force hits, I'll have started on Infinity and since I'm a big Disney fan, it will have to wow me to do this again.
#428 Posted: 01:10:00 11/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I'm with you dragonjay

Wasn't all thrilled that i'm having to spend extra on special varients.

But swap force better be impressing or i'm done aswell.
Love the game love the concept and figures but were getting none of the really cool ones eg polar whirlwind and so on...

Here's hoping huh.
woadito Red Sparx Gems: 53
#429 Posted: 03:46:21 11/03/2013
would anybody in the GTA be intersted in trading for a loose legendary jetvac figure?
#430 Posted: 18:46:17 11/03/2013
Ninjini found at TRU Calgary!
King Zenith Blue Sparx Gems: 913
#431 Posted: 18:55:03 11/03/2013
@dman08, did you get the last one or did they seem to have a decent stock? I haven't checked since Friday, but TRU and EB Games had been all picked over by then. Also, did they have Fright Rider? I would really like to pick that one up too if possible.

Thanks!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:57 11/03/2013 by King Zenith
#432 Posted: 20:43:02 11/03/2013
I was at Cross Iron Mills TRU in Calgary. I haven't seen their shelves stocked like this since October when they first came out!!! Go! They seemed to have everything!
#433 Posted: 20:44:08 11/03/2013
So much for customer service (re: my response from Wal-Mart about Molten Hot Dog)

MOLTEN HOT DOG IS NOW OUT AT WAL-MART IN CANADA!!!!

Get him while he's hot!
evil spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1350
#434 Posted: 21:05:15 11/03/2013
walmart in hamilton had a couple dozen ninjinis today smilie
#435 Posted: 22:23:55 11/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Went to south Oshawa Walmart i finally got my ninjini and molten hot dog
And they still had about 5 ninjini's and TONS of molten hot dog's left

WAY TO GO DMAN08!!! nice hunting :-)

Good luck guys
Happy Hunting
keljonezie Green Sparx Gems: 453
#436 Posted: 23:42:45 11/03/2013
We had a good hunting day here too. S2 Wrecking Ball and Spyro, Scorpion Striker Pack, Molten Hot Dog and Ninjini. Thanks for the tips fellow Canadians!

edit: We MUCH prefer the Molten version to the regular of Hot Dog.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:43:47 11/03/2013 by keljonezie
CrazyCanuck Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#437 Posted: 00:20:41 12/03/2013
Ninjini, S2 Spyro and S2 Wrecking Ball arrived in Winnipeg TRUs at 2 PM. Lots left as of an hour ago, but I was at the smallest one in town. Likely gone by closing. Winnipegers who want them should head to St. Vital Centre right now!
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#438 Posted: 00:38:36 12/03/2013
Got these tonight at walmart on baseline in Ottawa had lots of spyro, wrecking, and moltens, good variety of older figs, and about 5 ninjinis left

[User Posted Image]
NinjiniXO Green Sparx Gems: 184
#439 Posted: 01:08:56 12/03/2013
I hope I find some MHDs tomorrow ! lol , because I forgot to check the topic today , so I didn't go hunting today smilie
---
smilie s Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/pages...1841110?fref=ts & Also add me as friends on activate: NinjiniWish
#440 Posted: 03:25:29 12/03/2013
Got a fright rider today!!!
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#441 Posted: 05:39:08 12/03/2013
Any word on Scorpion Striker or Molten Hot Dog in Montreal? Those are the only things I'm left desiring (besides the three SSA figures me and my nephews are missing, Wham Shell, Boomer and Zap, with Zap being WAAAAAAAAAAAY down the list for me because I hear his HC is a pain, LOL!)

I may have to go check... :>
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#442 Posted: 12:20:05 12/03/2013
I will check out the walmarts in my area for MHD!!! I was out yesterday evening and never thought about it. Thanks stukatso for the update
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#443 Posted: 15:48:55 12/03/2013
I got molten hot dog today in Mississauga. There was 1 left on the shelf which a buddy picked up so we asked the staff if there were more. The lady said that the Molton Hot Dog was not supposed to be put on the shelves until the weekend before Easter. She was nice enough to ask how many I wanted and got them from the back for me.
---
Collection List and image
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:49:22 12/03/2013 by tiker
#444 Posted: 16:11:02 12/03/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Any word on Scorpion Striker or Molten Hot Dog in Montreal? Those are the only things I'm left desiring (besides the three SSA figures me and my nephews are missing, Wham Shell, Boomer and Zap, with Zap being WAAAAAAAAAAAY down the list for me because I hear his HC is a pain, LOL!):>

Hot Dog is out at Wal-Mart. Scorpion Striker can pretty much be found anywhere now, but best bet will be Best Buy.
#445 Posted: 16:11:54 12/03/2013
really the weekend before easter? So they have them in the back waiting to be put out...
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#446 Posted: 16:40:57 12/03/2013
Still Looking for Shroomboom and Hot Dog Single Packs.
#447 Posted: 17:02:08 12/03/2013
6 Hot Dog singles, 5 LC Shroombooms, 4 SS packs, 4 Hex, 5 fright riders, 3 S2 spyros, 4 wrecking balls and 1 Ninjini at TRU express (Morningside and Milner location)
eyelander Blue Sparx Gems: 716
#448 Posted: 17:58:24 12/03/2013
Picked up my ninjini, spyro s2, and wrecking ball s2 today at TRU on vancouver island. No MHD at wall mart though
#449 Posted: 18:25:38 12/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Man who else had trouble taking out there ninjini without damaging her :-) i did it but man it wasn't easy she was in there really good. ne1 have tips on taking the giants out as easy as possible?
#450 Posted: 20:24:33 12/03/2013
Molten Hog Dog found in Calgary!
First | Previous | Page 9 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me