Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Skylanders Novels, Comics, and Activity Books Thread
First | Previous | Page 10 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21
Skylanders Novels, Comics, and Activity Books Thread [STICKY]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#451 Posted: 19:52:27 20/03/2015
Don't like the angles either,but I noticed he at least seems to have listened. He doesn't go TOO overboard with details in the perspective shots now, so you can see Spyro and not a mess of scales like in the first comic.
On another thing on the HD pages,why the heck there's a section of a panel dedicated to the random sheep in page 2? If we were supposed to be looking at it,it wouldn't have been blocked by the entirety of the penultimate panel.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#452 Posted: 20:00:47 20/03/2015
Spyro on the 4th page looks great, but his forehead is WAY to big.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#453 Posted: 20:47:49 20/03/2015
Quote:
If we were supposed to be looking at it,it wouldn't have been blocked by the entirety of the penultimate panel.

It's just a type of panel layout in comic books. Probably to show the Sheep's reaction.
#454 Posted: 21:30:52 20/03/2015
Problem is that there is no reaction, at first I thought it was just a white rock since it's turned entirely on its back.
Unless it's foreshadowing. We already had people getting turned into sheep on the books.

March 24th Edit: The time is almost at hand, guys!Get yer theme songs ready!(I find the first part generic as heck,so)

Friendly reminder that not everyone will read digital or at least on a phone - I'll wait until I have a PC avaliable myself - so keep everything inside spoilers these first few days except for generic reactions in case someone wants to see others' opinions before buying.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:10:48 25/03/2015 by Bifrost
#455 Posted: 16:27:44 25/03/2015
Comic bought and read. As always a bit on the short side, but even for 25 or so pages...

Character development with as many lines one could afford without unneeded exposition, much improved art from 5 and 6 by finding a middle ground between too much detail and too little. Still with the crazy perspectives but they aren't as eyecatching this time.

Hex's amazing plan: let's make sure in Weather Wizard that people can actually steal my powers and not notice when my powers get stolen not even 6 years later. At least this comic explains she's got some issues and wasn't very careful to begin with getting rid of Malefor in the first place, so tragedy of impulsiveness I suppose. And once again she's attempting to solve things on her own.
Malefor is really dragon Doctor Doom. I foresee so much ham that he should be the element of Camp.
And the rock in the center of the Cadaverous Crypt's caves is actually a squished version of his original seal as a statue!(8:46) The whole thing really worked like a rewriting of ANB where the fury crystal was the only seal but Fico really did the research.

Also didn't read too many of the previous comics but Eon has a personal hologram machine to show up to non-PMs! Now if the games actually used that.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:02 25/03/2015 by Bifrost
#456 Posted: 17:17:30 25/03/2015
Is there a link to the Amazon page of the new comic? I can't find it on Amazon.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#457 Posted: 17:48:58 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
It's up on Amazon, you just have to add the title or parts of the title of the comic in Search -

http://www.amazon.com/Skylande.../dp/B00UWASXA2/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#458 Posted: 18:10:27 25/03/2015
Aand it's not on kindle yet...
---
#459 Posted: 18:11:24 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
It's on iTunes if you search for it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#460 Posted: 18:14:59 25/03/2015
ill check soon
---
#461 Posted: 18:40:57 25/03/2015
I wonder if someone could get Mark Hamill to say the "awesome might" line on a convention? That'd make up for how EL destroyed his voice in DOTD so much.

Why does the forum think that a spoiler only post isn't a message? That's odd.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:34 25/03/2015 by Bifrost
#462 Posted: 18:48:54 25/03/2015
Malefor's voice is awesome in DOTD! And I think that game is awful!
---
#463 Posted: 18:50:24 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Without the distortion of his voice, Malefor's voice in DotD was menacing and okay as it is.

If someone actually got Mark Hamill to say the lines Skylanders Malefor said in the comics, I would be squeal so hard.
---
#464 Posted: 19:11:04 25/03/2015
Oh man, when I was younger I thought his voice was hype for being distorted, but nowadays there's been SO MANY better filters to make a voice sound demonic that now all I hear is a bunch of "guyohguyohguyoh" whenever he speaks,especially when you don't have the BGM to cover it(borrowing one of your LPs for a second Aura). Mark Hamill sounds great on his own, so if they just made it echo or lower pitched it would've sufficed.

(I'm all over edits today)
AND HE DID a distorted voice recently!Ok,not that recent,but get a load of this at 10:30. The Watcher is made to sound so full of himself you just get mad immediately.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:16:41 25/03/2015 by Bifrost
#465 Posted: 19:22:57 25/03/2015
Like I said, I love it Clearly they went, "Why the hell not?"

I can't believe I wanted to make a movie based on the LoS series....
---
#466 Posted: 19:54:02 25/03/2015
Doubt they'd get Mark Hamill back for a movie. If they had such low of a budget the writers had no idea it was gone until several months later, Elijah Wood and some of the lesser known VAs would've been more than we could've asked for.

Back to the comic, kinda liked that for once they actually show damage in the skylanders,clothing or otherwise. In the games they just feel pretty invincible.

Just having Hex walking around with a black eye(though she obviously doesn't have any black spots under her eye since she has no blood flow,but let's say her skin still works like that to get swollen) for the entirety of the comic and not just a few panels really shows how harsh things can get in Skylands for the average joe against bad guys - her shoulder pad clearly got ripped off and not just cut or hit enough times.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:54 25/03/2015 by Bifrost
#467 Posted: 09:00:30 26/03/2015 | Topic Creator
And you know, HeyItsHotDog, you can always order the comics through Google Play or Comixology to read them digitally. It doesn't have to Amazon all the time if they don't have the digital versions up yet on their end.
---
#468 Posted: 12:02:53 26/03/2015
Yup,Comixology at the most lags a bit if your internet is bad like mine, but it's really easy and fast to just open the link and double check the pages even after you're done reading, and it has plenty of display options depending on your tastes. Not sure how it works on the phone though, but it has apps for Android and Apple as far as I'm aware.
---
#469 Posted: 12:28:05 26/03/2015
I think I'll wait for it to come to Kindle, it's the easiest for with (Since I got have to give out my credit card number again) I requested it to come to kindle on Amazon. Odd's are it'll come to it soon too. I'm sure it's worth the wait.

Question, is Sky Malefor seemingly better than LoS Malefor?
---
#470 Posted: 13:13:48 26/03/2015
Well, it's worth the wait,but with the second part coming earlier since Fico said it has no excuse to be delayed, it's not going to matter where you read it for now(you can always wait for the compilation on July to get it on tablet).

We haven't seen much of him, but he seems to have a lot less nonsense than before. A lot more over-the-top too, instead of generic destroy the world lines. And a villain that knows he's being a jerk and loves it is much better than one who's given bullcrap reasons to be evil.
---
#471 Posted: 13:53:04 26/03/2015
Good to hear.

Anyway, so, as said in one of the books, Kaos has older brothers who are all perfect, but in the games, Kaos seems to be an only child. Which do you prefer, Kaos having brothers or Kaos being an only child?
---
#472 Posted: 15:47:05 26/03/2015
Machine of Doom is in conflict with the canon. He's mentioned to be an only child somewhere in the game, but between Giants and Swap Force they also can't decide if his mom genuinely thinks the world is better off without portal masters because of their power or she's evil for evil's sake.
But Kaos having brothers means having a ludicrous villain for them to pull out of places I won't mention,so please be an only child or at least the only one left since something happened to his clan.
---
#473 Posted: 16:34:44 26/03/2015
I agree, Kaos is better (Like MUCH better story and character wise) as an only child. I love Kaos mom as well. She's cool.

Makes me wonder, what's Kaos' father like?
---
#474 Posted: 16:50:37 26/03/2015
All that we know is that he's supposedly a good guy, if kind of a jerk. That's if they take the SSA story scroll as canon, however.
---
#475 Posted: 18:18:16 26/03/2015
What did the scroll say again?
---
#476 Posted: 18:23:23 26/03/2015
Quote:
Origin of Kaos
"Some say Kaos was born a prince, but after years of suffering insults about his ugly looks and bad smells, he kicked his father in the widdershins, gave up his royal name and headed out into the wilderness along with his faithful and equally ugly butler, Glumshanks."

This is the canon that Machine of Doom follows, it also adds that Kaos was born bald while his family was blonde(which then clashes with SF) and that they're not from Skylands(which clashes with Giants where they lived in it).
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#477 Posted: 02:04:13 27/03/2015
Anyone heard of an Activision cover for Issue #0? It looks a lot like the Comic-Con one, but there are a few differences.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skylan...on_cover_is_it/

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
#478 Posted: 02:12:24 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
It's the same book, I recognize the cover. The only difference is the addition of the Activision cover label.
---
#479 Posted: 18:36:37 27/03/2015
Might be bringing the subject outside of the forum too much,but is it me or there's way less people discussing the comics or even knowing much about them,compared to the novels? A few pages before you see 7-8 people on the same page, now it's just four; dA doesn't seem much better with fanart of the comics either and tumblr barely has any posts(not that most of the skylanders tag isn't mostly just random photos of people's purchases instead of the canon)...
I do have ideas if it was really needed to get the comics a bit more popularity around(maybe contests, giving away Comixology copies), but for so much hype around its release RTDK didn't get a whole lot after it...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:38:04 27/03/2015 by Bifrost
#480 Posted: 20:12:50 27/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I would expect fans who were eager about Malefor debuted in the Skylanders comic would draw in more attention.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#481 Posted: 00:14:17 28/03/2015
Quote: Aura24
Yeah, likely the Skylanders saving the day before the big plot comes in.

IDW Publishing posted the first seven pages of Skylanders Issue # 7 -

https://www.facebook.com/media...73603278&type=1

Since Calliope stole an essence from Spyro back in Issue 4, his fire powers didn't have any effect on Frightbeard.

And also, Skylanders Issue #10 - Light in the Dark Part 1 (of 2). This two-part story arc features the Ligth and Dark Skylanders and Villains, Nightshade and Luminous.

[User Posted Image]

I NEED IT!!!!!!!

seriously, when/where can i buy this? do not care if it's physical or digital.
#482 Posted: 00:23:49 28/03/2015
It's coming out on 2 months at the very least,the last two parts of Return of the Dragon King have yet to be released.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#483 Posted: 00:38:36 28/03/2015
damn. i need my luminous/knight light story arc right nao!
#484 Posted: 01:01:51 28/03/2015
We're having the Malefor arc right now so it's plenty of good stuff all around for this year.

EDIT:

I never noticed that in the page where Hex,Spyro and Cynder are talking, Wallop is just with his back to them as the Rotting Robbies kick a bone chompy away while running. Pretty hilarious detail.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:57 06/04/2015 by Bifrost
#485 Posted: 06:15:32 08/04/2015 | Topic Creator
From IDW Publishing -

https://read.idwpublishing.com..._eid=c5e73496a0

[User Posted Image]
---
#486 Posted: 11:02:57 08/04/2015
The Kaos Trap arc artist really doesn't know how to draw Gill Grunt,does he.Fico Ossio wasn't the artist at the time,and this isn't his style,that's for sure.
---
#487 Posted: 12:17:47 08/04/2015
^That's the best Gill Grunt I've seen in the comics as of now.
#488 Posted: 15:18:05 08/04/2015
It's still really unnaccurate. He isn't that bulky and his suit doesn't have pants like this one seems to have.

Back to the subject of the ongoing arc,though, one can expect a preview in the next days, though monday is the usual time for previews to be on Comic Book Resources. Don't forget those spoiler tags,everyone, this time they're going straight to the plot most likely.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:24 08/04/2015 by Bifrost
#489 Posted: 15:21:14 08/04/2015
Ugh I'm STILL waiting or Skylander #7 to come to Kindle.

Where is it? smilie
---
#490 Posted: 03:51:43 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
The Issue 8 previews are here, so far on iTunes. Expect larger versions in comic sites, or on Fico-Ossio's DA page soon.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/bo...983434266?mt=11

And wow, Malefor (before his fight with Hex) looks very much like his DotD counterpart, but with a few tweeks.

Instead of finishing off Spyro, Hex and Cynder right there and then, Malefor has them imprisoned, intent on making them suffer by using their own powers to crush everything they hold dear and accomplished, starting with the Skylanders Academy. Those three Skylanders caused Malefor more pain and fustration than anyone else in Skylands.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 05:45:45 09/04/2015 by Aura24
#491 Posted: 13:01:10 09/04/2015
Tried going to the Itunes app to see them better but no account,so squinting had to be done. At least this guarantees that we'll see a preview in IDW's facebook and Comic Book Resources very soon.

Pretty sure they overlooked the fact that Wallop is fine and dandy, unless someone else breaks them out.
And as I said in General, thank Eon that they changed Malefor's colors to pale white and pink and not BRIGHT purple and pink, he actually looks threatening and not too narmy. Wonder if his main horn now is a replacement(since it's red) or it's just covered.
And the chances of Mal being on the game by some miracle are dwindling,because they quite clearly sidestepped around his origins in the second page. They'd at least imply something new if it was a prequel like The Kaos Trap,like the spoon artifact having the same frequency as Traptanium.
---
#492 Posted: 19:50:32 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Here are larger, clear versions of the comic preview pages -

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#493 Posted: 21:07:16 10/04/2015
Thanks,Aura!

Wow, Hex's forehead in the first panel is trying to be its own face there. Cynder's as well in the last panel.
---
#494 Posted: 23:48:11 12/04/2015
Just a thought I had about issue 9; if Malefor manages to attack the Skylander's Academy what if he destroys the villain vault and happens to he free Kaos, Luminous, Nightshade, the Doom Raiders, and the other villains.
#495 Posted: 23:49:47 12/04/2015
Doubt he'd want competition, and all of those are known for being either backstabbers or too insane to cooperate. An entire vault made of Traptanium could still fit every skylander however, and Kaos has already managed to create Dark Traptanium with the power to corrupt who's inside. Considering Malefor can already do that on his own, he might as well brainwash everyone in it,villain or not.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:52:14 12/04/2015 by Bifrost
#496 Posted: 23:53:36 12/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Doubt he'd want competition, and all of those are known for being either backstabbers or too insane to cooperate. An entire vault made of Traptanium could still fit every skylander however, and Kaos has already managed to create Dark Traptanium with the power to corrupt who's inside. Considering Malefor can already do that on his own, he might as well brainwash everyone in it,villain or not.

A lot of the villains seem to actually turn good as well. So I doubt they'd help Malefor either way.
---
#497 Posted: 00:10:47 13/04/2015
Still would be funny though. The villains see that Skylanders are weakened, they make a long rant about their revenge, and then they realize one of the most powerful beings in Skylands is right in front of them.
#498 Posted: 00:17:45 13/04/2015
Would be,but the comics are too short to also have to write them all being put back in. Unless,of course, the arc is a prequel to SKL5 as so many wish and it's actually how some villains who are rumoured to return will show up again.

EDIT: Welp, entire day through and IDW posted no extended previews. Since I'll be staying most of the day away from my PC I think I'll just wait until the full thing even if more pages get posted, don't mind me if I stay silent until wednesday. But don't forget about those spoiler tags,guys - or those cool songs to read the comic along! Here's Cadaverous Crypt's theme in case the comic still takes place in there, or if battles are to be found, some nice undead tunes from Crypt of the Necrodancer. In case anyone asks,I'm stuck in zone 2 of the game, I don't know if future zone themes are any better but this one sticks to me since I always manage to get through Level 4 if I survive 3.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:48:14 13/04/2015 by Bifrost
#499 Posted: 03:26:23 14/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Think I found the reason why it's taking long for the Issue 8 previews to appear, looks like IDW (again) moved the comic release date up to the 22nd. Ugh, I'm getting really irritated by their last-minute shenanigans by now. iTunes page for the comic also has this release date.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:32:41 14/04/2015 by Aura24
#500 Posted: 11:02:59 14/04/2015
Fico Ossio said there'd be no excuse to delay it, but I guess at this point it's better to assume the monthy date is now the fourth wednesday.Really hoping it's not because it's not selling enough, fans can only generate hype to a point when the official sources(and a lot of big name fans) act like the books and comics don't exist.
---
First | Previous | Page 10 of 21 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me