Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Classic Fan Rage [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 15:13:14 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, I had noticed some Classic Spyro fans trolling and downright flaming users here lately who likes Skylanders, and I say, it's got to stop.

If you hate Skylanders so much that your whole life is ruined because of a game franchise you despise, don't take your anger out on the Skylander fans by trolling and belittling them all because they never played the original games, or prefer Skylanders over the originals, because doing so won't go well for you. Doing these won't make Classic Spyro come back nor will it make a difference.

Come on, guys, don't let a game series in a video game franchise cloud your judgement and let your emotions of Skylanders that you hate get the better of you.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:00:41 28/11/2012 by Aura24
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#2 Posted: 19:09:36 28/11/2012
I'm Agree with you Aura, I don't like Skylanders but that doesn't mean That "I'm going to hate the Skyros", that sounds really stupid.

By the way, I have seen a lot of Classic Fans Raging a lot about that and it's really impressive o.0
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7752
#3 Posted: 20:57:15 28/11/2012
I admit I've been a little OTT with this, heh. But the way they go on and on and on about bloody Skyflanders is better than Spyro really gets me mad.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#4 Posted: 00:24:18 29/11/2012
no offense, but I've never heard the Skylander fans say that classic spyro was bad or Skyro was better smilie
I might have been missing for that then sorry.
#5 Posted: 01:00:50 29/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: Jaggedstar
the way they go on and on and on about bloody Skyflanders is better than Spyro really gets me mad.

They can have an opinion, you know. If they don't explain their opinion.......well........show them this from the rules.

Quote:
Be constructive with criticism
If you're going to post negatively in regards to any of the Spyro games (or other series) then give a reason as to why you dislike it. Merely stating the fact you don't like it is pointless and doesn't contribute anything.

Except some Classic fans here haven't been constuctive with their criticism on their hatred of Skylanders, but instead downright troll and put down other users that could get them suspended or banned, and even posting their hate on the very section they hate. Some are even old enough (if their birthdays are true) and mature enough to keep their anger in check but still lash out anyways.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:28:24 29/11/2012 by Aura24
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#6 Posted: 01:31:01 29/11/2012
It's funny how people are attacking guys who make topics in other sections saying not to troll ("welcome to the internet" among other things), but everyone here is nice and sympathetic. Oy! *forehead smack*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#7 Posted: 01:35:01 29/11/2012 | Topic Creator
^Perhaps because I didn't start this topic attacking anyone in particular.
---
ashleigh Ripto Gems: 3782
#8 Posted: 06:51:48 29/11/2012
alright Aura24 you are right about what you said but some of the Skyro's do start it in some ways and I have been a bit mean to some people on the site as well I should stop and get over it myself
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 15:06:16 29/11/2012
Quote: ashleigh
alright Aura24 you are right about what you said but some of the Skyro's do start it in some ways and I have been a bit mean to some people on the site as well I should stop and get over it myself

Oh yeah, there are definatley some Skyro's who do say things like "THE CLASSICS SUCK!!!", but the amount of people who say the classics are terrible is a minority compared to the people who say "Skylanders sucks and so do Skyro's!"
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#10 Posted: 16:05:03 29/11/2012
The difference between criticizing and hate talk is small. And many users in fact do not even notice it when the go over that line. But it is a fact that when you are criticizing you are telling your own opinion , but when you put hate talk on some one you actually are attacking on his/hers opinion and that is something that you should not do.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#11 Posted: 17:26:51 29/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: cyndego
The difference between criticizing and hate talk is small. And many users in fact do not even notice it when the go over that line. But it is a fact that when you are criticizing you are telling your own opinion, but when you put hate talk on some one you actually are attacking on his/hers opinion and that is something that you should not do.

^This. When some of the Classic fans rage on about their hate on Skylanders or its fans, and do it excessively without ever thinking about what others say about their unconstructive criticism and what it could result, they seriously think that there is nothing wrong with that. If they aren't constructive with their criticism, that could end very badly for them here.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:38:55 29/11/2012 by Aura24
Killgore Red Sparx Gems: 87
#12 Posted: 00:42:56 30/11/2012
I am the only one who has never heard the term Skyro before?

I personally consider classic the best, but I am pretty embarresed by the 'purists' who have on the war campaign. Why not just distance yourself from it if you don't like it? Or, better yet, target the people who made the game (in a reasonable way), try to make the future spyros better? because no one is going to change spyro past. No matter how long caps lock is on.
---
(._.) (.-.) (._.) (.-.)
they see me rolling
they hatin
#13 Posted: 07:54:12 30/11/2012
Quote: Killgore
I am the only one who has never heard the term Skyro before?

I personally consider classic the best, but I am pretty embarresed by the 'purists' who have on the war campaign. Why not just distance yourself from it if you don't like it? Or, better yet, target the people who made the game (in a reasonable way), try to make the future spyros better? because no one is going to change spyro past. No matter how long caps lock is on.

The term 'Skyro' is just kind of a nick-name for people who found Spyro via Skylanders. Some people use it as an insult, but I just use it as a term - because it works.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#14 Posted: 19:07:46 30/11/2012
Personally, I prefer the original trilogy over both the Skylanders games and the Legend of Spyro trilogy - I don't really hate any of the sub-series'.
I think that some constructive feedback and criticism is the best thing to do. They shouldn't go about trying to ruin the experience for the fans of Skylanders.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
#15 Posted: 19:21:04 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I seriously don't see how some Classic fans constantly being mean and flaming Skylanders users who haven't played the original games would solve anything, besides making the Classic fan look like a troll.
---
StarNinjini Green Sparx Gems: 381
#16 Posted: 19:23:16 30/11/2012
You.always seem to be attacking sometime aura...
---
Hoot Loop :3
#17 Posted: 19:24:56 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
...Star, you seriously haven't been here long enough to see if 'I was attacking' anyone. Seriously.
---
#18 Posted: 19:30:05 30/11/2012
Serial, liek tots cereal
---
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#19 Posted: 19:31:10 30/11/2012
cmon. aura is just trying to point something out. i agree, as ive seen lots of sylander hating. give her a break. sheesh. i think ive seen more people hating her than people hating skylanders.
#20 Posted: 20:04:15 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
New users who assume by recent comments, and not by others' comment history? Or isn't used to moderator-like user trying to keep order on the forums?
---
#21 Posted: 20:05:48 30/11/2012
Well, people hate for a reason. It's not we're all innocent.
---
#22 Posted: 20:13:09 30/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Still shouldn't give them a reason to take their anger on other users who haven't played a game they had played since the 90s.
---
SkyWanderer Blue Sparx Gems: 597
#23 Posted: 22:13:19 30/11/2012
back away from the member-bashing, people.

if you don't like someone just don't converse with them. This causes far less issues with fights and raging.

that said it is OK not to like somthing. it is not OK to bash and rage at its fans.
---
http://omicronwanderer.deviantart.com
I am an Enviornmental modeler for projectFrixion : http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10216
#24 Posted: 23:42:02 30/11/2012
I would like to see some kind of cold fact, evidence or statistics, if you may say, which tell how many of these "Classic loyalists" have played Skylander's and vice versa. It would be nice basis where to build some true discussion on. But to these days we don't posess such an evidence in any form so we have to rely on our own observations.

As earlier said in many of these topics, this conversation has lost its meaning and direction too fast. The problem is this ongoing flaming and provocation between different users that have probably too strong emotional opinions on the subject. And, which is more wrong, this discussion has become about people being mean to each other which benefits no one in any ways.

Back to the topic for a little while, shall we? I cannot actually say opinion about this Skylander's vs Originals feud that has been going on since I do not own Skylander's and PS3 (yes, I'm happily trapped in more ancient and simplier times). But I feel the need to say that the whole debate is quite uninteresting in some ways.

First of all, we have two different games. Other is based on one single game character's universe and its events. And the other one is part of larger scale universe. So by the judgment of the starting points, this doesn't give any fascinating ways to put these two game series in comparsion against each other. Of course I am not denying that one cannot compare techincal aspects of the game such as camera, gameplay etc.

But that flaming war going on here is plain ridiculous. Even if I haven't got the game, I can still say that the whole debate looses its interest when it becomes more about the people who play the games rather than the games themselves. And one has no right to compare those two different game series if one hasn't played them both. Like in all scientific studies and non-scientific studies, you have to get familiar with every objectives of your study. Then you can form the big picture and compare information and values in aspects of quantity or quality together... well even both aspects if you like.

All in all my point is that we should not attack each other in any ways. This forum needs common respect among every member here and quality conversation about the games which is the fundamental reason this place was created for us all. And do not judge wihtout getting familiar with the subjects discussed on this forum.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#25 Posted: 03:21:03 01/12/2012
I really don't understand why people can hate Skylanders... especially when you consider the biggest complainers are most likely not the franchise's target audience in the first place. Spyro never had the universal appeal of a Mario or a Legend of Zelda where new, young gamers as well as seasoned, adult gamers would purchase the games. After the clear attempt to cater to an older fanbase with the "darker and edgier" Legend trilogy was a bust, it seemed like a good idea to use Spyro to make a new series for children. It was a smart business move by Activision because children's games was pretty much the one market they had no stake in. >.>
---
SkyWanderer Blue Sparx Gems: 597
#26 Posted: 03:38:09 01/12/2012
I most sincerly concure with your statements Project_Unnamed

I consider myself A fan of all three series and am surprised that there is a fair bit of hate from the classic crowdconsidering how much the two game series share in common. even the playing as different characters thng was done before,and by insomniac no less!
---
http://omicronwanderer.deviantart.com
I am an Enviornmental modeler for projectFrixion : http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#27 Posted: 19:55:06 01/12/2012
It's crazy. I manage to grew out of that hate-shell I was in and accepted Skylanders but because I got mature about it.

These old school purists are simply childish and making the Spyro fanbase almost as bad as the Final Fantasy fanbase with old-school snobs.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#28 Posted: 21:40:36 01/12/2012
Quote: StevemacQ
It's crazy. I manage to grew out of that hate-shell I was in and accepted Skylanders but because I got mature about it.

These old school purists are simply childish and making the Spyro fanbase almost as bad as the Final Fantasy fanbase with old-school snobs.

There's nothing wrong in being "old-school" but it's how you go about it that effects you from going over the top about it. I don't mean you specifically, I mean to generalize.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:55 01/12/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#29 Posted: 00:14:04 02/12/2012
It's fine to be old school. But nowhere in the old school definition does it say "hate on the people who are new school or who support new school." >.>
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#30 Posted: 10:45:00 02/12/2012
Quote: HIR
It's fine to be old school. But nowhere in the old school definition does it say "hate on the people who are new school or who support new school." >.>

Well yeah, that's what I basically just stated, lol.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
spyrobeta Green Sparx Gems: 237
#31 Posted: 14:49:51 02/12/2012
Aura your such a Hypocrite.

If it was a skylanders fan saying the original series was terrible and attacking classic fans, your all in la la land pretending there not saying anything. All you ever do is complain and act like a douchebag to everyone. Get the **** over it. When you start stepping up and noticing your being a major hypocrite to people, then start telling people what to do. You always complain about people hating on your precious skylanders, well too bad.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#32 Posted: 14:55:54 02/12/2012
Spyro Baro, reading most of your recent posts, like how the one was simply "- - -" which breaks a spam rule, i would not be trying to force the rule book on me.

Also, tell me to take my own advice? You the one who keeps commenting on this topic, so what? Ill do what i want.
---
Spyro Classic Fan forever. I highly despise Activision and Skylanders. Problem? Shove it.
#33 Posted: 15:05:15 02/12/2012
And? Skylanders fans are rude to Classic Fans. I wont get over it, so go cry in the corner now. Im done with this crappy conversation now.
---
#34 Posted: 15:33:54 02/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrobeta
Aura your such a Hypocrite.

If it was a skylanders fan saying the original series was terrible and attacking classic fans, your all in la la land pretending there not saying anything. All you ever do is complain and act like a douchebag to everyone. Get the **** over it. When you start stepping up and noticing your being a major hypocrite to people, then start telling people what to do. You always complain about people hating on your precious skylanders, well too bad.

Oh I'M the hypocrite here? You really think so?? Hey guys~, this fan here ^ say I'm a "hypocrite" for pointing out that if Classic fans hate Skylanders, they don't have to take their anger out on other users who like a series most Classic fans despise like mad.

And I like how you, spyrobeta, ignore every comment some users here say to you about your behavior and just keep on acting like the real hypocrite here. That's nice there.

I have played the original Spyro games, spyrobeta, just as much as you have in the 90s, since I was 6 years old. I've beaten Gnasty Gnorc and cornered him in his own lair to deal the final blow, I shot Ripto out of the sky into the lava below, and I engaged the Sorceress in an aerial battle over a deadly pool of purple acid. I've enjoyed the moments and cherished them ever since Insomniac stopped making the games, and being a Spyro fan, I continued playing the games even Enter the Dragonfly.

I didn't just play Skylanders like you claim, I have played other Spyro games, from A Hero's Tail to the Legend of Spyro series. And it's really, REALLY sad, that there are rude, Classic Spyro fans like you who fail to see how immature they are really acting, giving mature older Classic Spyro fans out there are bad name.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:26:18 02/12/2012 by Aura24
#35 Posted: 15:57:53 02/12/2012 | Topic Creator
And Spyrobeta acts as if she doesn't care if she gets banned or suspended for her behavior, just as long as her excessive bashing on Skylander fans and not being constructive on her opinions of Skylanders (which is pretty much breaking a few rules) is made known.
---
#36 Posted: 16:03:11 02/12/2012
Quote: spyrobeta
And? Skylanders fans are rude to Classic Fans. I wont get over it, so go cry in the corner now. Im done with this crappy conversation now.

...You do realise how much of a child that makes you sound like, right?
#37 Posted: 16:10:45 02/12/2012 | Topic Creator
I find it hard to believe she is over 20 years old if she is acting like this...
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#38 Posted: 16:58:17 02/12/2012
It should not be hard to realize that there is idiots in both sides. Which side has more i really dont know , but if you can say that you are not one of those , just try to ignore those idiots it is not easy if they keep it coming all the time but as spyrobaro said there will be friends that are helping you whit that.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#39 Posted: 17:43:43 02/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, when the Legend of Spyro first came out, most Classic fans hated the game and flamed on others who both liked it and the original series. When Skylanders was first revealed, both a portion of Classic and Legend fans expressed their intense dislike on the game on a much larger scale (within and outside the forums), even flaming users who like Skylanders and also cherish the Classics and the Legend series.

Here, few Skylander users say things like 'The classic Spyro sucks! Skylanderz is betterz!', but they don't force their opinions on others as commonly as some fans here, at least not outside the forums.

Repeatedly going overboard with your dislike/hatred on the Skylanders series by trolling other fans for liking the game, forcing your negative opinions on Skylanders on others, and talking down/flaming Skylander fans who haven't played the originals will only get the person making those comments look like a troll, which will not end well.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:49:07 02/12/2012 by Aura24
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#40 Posted: 20:55:36 02/12/2012
Skylander fans are hardly ever rude to classic ones, but when they are I am ashamed, same with Classic fans.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me