Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Silver [CLOSED]
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#1 Posted: 09:29:49 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I might as well post this on here as well. Silver is an Okami fanfiction, if you don't know what Okami is you should probably look it up before reading this, since there will be spoilers for the game. If you haven't played it you really should, it's a great game once you get your hands on it!

Anyway...

Le Prologue

"Lol! Lol!" I sighed, "Where is she?"

Oh, hi there. I'm Azume, I live in a house, like most Australians do and I love to game, alongside my sister Lola, but I just call her Lol. More about me you say? Well, I'm allergic to peanuts, I've broken my left arm before and I could rant about the fact that people (mainly Americans or uh... USA ians?) only hate Vegemite because they spread it way too thickly (It needs to be spread very thinly).
Anyways, you'll learn more about me later.

I strode up the hallway and banged loudly on her door, which was mainly covered in a large black and yellow warning poster that read:
'KEEP OUT
*Gamer at Work*

*Insert stickman playing video games here*

Blowing stuff up
Smashing cars
Mastering moves
-
Leave food and drink at door
DO NOT DISTURB'

Suddenly the door swung open and Lola appeared, still in her pajamas, which included a black and green striped singlet and grey pj pants with a thick pink strip around the waist, at the bottom of the left leg the word 'relax' was written in at least 5 different styles.
"What is it?" She droned. Yeah, she's more of a night person.
"You have exactly 3 seconds to explain why you woke me,"

I rolled my eyes, "But it'll take four seconds to explain!" I exclaimed in fake panic, then chuckled slightly, "Why'd you delete my save files!"

"To make room for Pikmin." She replied simply, "You can delete them now though," she yawned unphased by my anger and closed the door again.

I stormed off to delete the Pikmin files from the Wii. She couldn't have just moved the save files to a memory stick. You wanna know how long it took me to complete Okami 100%, over 300 hours, and that's only because I keep leaving the Wii on overnight. My family like to watch the most annoying shows, so yeah, I don't get the TV much.
After deleting Pikmin, I opened Okami once again and let the beginning scene play while I made a Milo.
I dragged a stool over to put my Milo on and waited for the Menu to appear. Once it did I started a new game and sat through a more detailed version of the beginning scene and another scene of a mysterious person (no spoilers) who made the mistake of removing the sacred sword which was used to kill a horrifying beast and if you can't guess what happens next then why are you even reading this?
Yeah, so blah, blah, blah. Orochi, the 'horrifying beast' from before plunged the land into darkness.
Now to the actual totally interesting non-interesting part of the story.

The scene shifted to Kamiki Village, where the statue of Shiranui was shown.

"A horrible tragedy suddenly swept over the land. However, there was
one village that seemed to escape the terrible curse. The tiny settlement of
Kamiki Village enjoyed the protection of a sacred tree. It is here that the
real story begins." I read aloud while Sakuya was introduced.

"How troublesome! This is just like the ancient prophecy of doom. What
has transpired to bring about such calamity? We must act quickly! There is no
time to lose! My power has diminished over the years I've spent protecting this
area. I don't have much time left in this world. Amaterasu, now is the time. We
have never needed your power more. Shine your divine light upon this broken and
polluted world. Let your heave-ve-venly r-r-rays-s-s..." The words and letters started jumping around on the screen. Suddenly the screen went black and I scratched the back of my neck, wondering what the hell was going on.
I got up and started to walk towards the Wii, which was making a strange sound. Almost like singing.
It sparked and the noise grew louder, only it wasn't just sound it was a sweet sounding voice.
"-none other than our mother and the
origin of all that is, Amaterasu!"
I almost fell over as I recognized Sakuya's own lines from the game. Instead I shuffled closer, but as I did the Wii sparked again and this time I was the target.
But instead of being shocked like I should have been, I started glowing. Slowly from red to orange to yellow, and so on until I reached purple. At that point I was cursing like crazy, unable to see what was happening as the colors blinded me. The purple faded to grey then to purple again, this cycle repeated faster and faster until all you could see was a blur. And then, it just stopped.
I took a step back and fell. Down and down. It felt like forever before it finally came to a stop. The colors were still flashing under my eyelids. Purple to grey and back again.

I slowly stretched out. Phew. Just a dream. I stretched my arms expecting them to both either hit my bedside table or the wall, since I was lying on my side. Except they hit a tree root instead. A freaking tree root.
"What the-" I snapped open my eyes, my sight slightly fuzzy. I stared down at my hands. Except they weren't hands anymore but paws, wolf paws. I checked the rest of my body hoping it was just my fuzzy vision. But it wasn't.
In summary, I knew I was a light grey wolf with light purple markings and I knew I was confused as hell. Now all I needed to find out was if I was extremely happy or extremely 'Holy freakin' crap! I have no idea where I am but I'm super freaking excited'.
Maybe later.
Right now I had to actually find someone to question.
I barked. What? Might as well.
"Huh? Who are you Scruffy?" A little green bug jumped up into my nose.
"Hey Furball! Watch this, I can understand some animals," he turned back to me. I think. With Poncles it's too hard to tell. "Come on Scruffy, speak!"
I tried to hide my smile and barked once more.
"Scruffy says: 'Hi! Who are you?'"
I shook him off and replied, "Actually I just barked, bug, and the names Azume."
---
Why am I back
#2 Posted: 09:31:15 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1 - Too many stops
I turned my head and spotted Amaterasu a few feet away, smiling warmly, "Hello, my name's Amaterasu. Nice to meet you,"

"Likewise, but uh," I looked up at the fruit dangling from Sakuya's tree, "don't you have to cut that down."

I walked over to the tree and looked up at the fruit. Damn, if I were human I could just climb up there...

"Yeah, but it's way too hig- Wait, how did you know that?" Issun questioned.

"Easy, I can tell the future!" I struck a pose, miming a certain prophet.

"Oh really?!"

"Yeah!"

"Prove it!"

"Fine! Yo-"

"Guys!" Amaterasu interrupted, "I think we should get going," she turned her nose to the portal.

"This isn't over!" Issun hissed under his breath.

"It'll never be over. You know why I know that? Because I can tell the future!" I hissed back.

Issun started glowing red and hopped back onto Amaterasu's head, ignoring me for now.

Smart idea.

(Line break: Through the portal)

"Where are we? It got awfully quiet all of a sudden. I don't remember

any place like this in the village. Well, we better keep our eyes peeled. Boy, you really look so helpless. You sure you're gonna be OK?" Issun said, almost exactly like in the game. Except, you know, without the 'you can use the + button to change your point of view' and such.

"Issun, I think Amaterasu will be fine." I said a blank expression on my face.

Apparently he was still ignoring me so I followed them as they approached and Origin Mirror.

"Hold on! That's an Origin Mirror! They say once your reflection appears

on its surface... your memories will be stored in the mirror for all eternity! Gotta be prepared, 'specially while you're still learning the ropes!"

Amaterasu walked onto the small platform eagerly as she watched it flash, saving her memories.

Me? Not so eagerly. But it was still pretty cool to see how this stuff worked in real life.

We moved across the bridge. Where we were stopped yet again by Issun.

"Look at all those pots just waitin' to be broken! If you bust 'em,

there might be something good inside. Just bust 'em with your head!"

Amaterasu charged at the nearest pot and I did the same with another, both of us collecting a couple pieces of yen.

"That surprisingly didn't hurt," I patted my head.

"Way to go, my furry friend! You can do that anytime you see something

you can break."

"Aannd I'm still being ignored. Great."

We smashed the rest of the pots and collected all the yen before moving to our next obstacle.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on there, furball! Get a load of that! That chest

looks mighty tempting. Let's go check it out. Getting up that high oughtta be a piece of cake. Just jump onto the wall and then jump again to do a wall jump. But make sure you jump really high!"

"Am I really gonna be ignored for this whole area?" I sighed making my way up the wall where Amaterasu was waiting.

"I knew ya could do it. They say, "Good luck is found in high places."

So, keep your eyes peeled. We don't wanna miss any treasure!"

I rammed into the treasure chest, collecting a bone of sorts.

"Huh? Where'd it go?" I asked, feeling stupid.

"It went to the Fan Menu," Amaterasu pulled the bone out from seemingly nowhere.

"Oh," I said. I can't believe that's actually used here!

We continued on for another hmm, five meters? Before Issun interrupted. Again.

"Looks like the bridge is out. This shouldn't be so hard, um...

Amaterasu, was it? That's kinda long. Mind if I call ya "Ammy"? Listen, Ammy...

Ever heard of the spirits of the brush? Good brushwork has its own soul, 'least that's what they say. Just watch. It'd take all day to explain... A picture's

worth a thousand words, right?" The bridge seemingly fixed itself in a swish of Issun's brushwork.

"Nice, huh? Just a little technique I've mastered called Rejuvenation.

It's one of many brush techniques that use divine power. It's a brush god power that can restore broken or missing things. I've practiced really hard just to

master this one technique. But there are 13! Each one is a power of one of the 13 brush gods. Originally, all 13 were a single powerful deity. When the deity died, its power was split into 13 separate gods. The gods now dwell within objects all around us, but... God or no god, how could anyone have the power to

master all 13!?"

I fake coughed loudly and snuck a glance to Ammy who smiled in return. She seemed to get what I meant.

And then, we continued on yet again. To the River of the Heavens.

"The River of the Heavens? They mean the fabled stardust river? But I sure don't see anything like that around here. It couldn't be that little

puddle over there, could it?"

"Why do we have to stop, so, many, times!" I sighed in annoyance as I stormed up the hill. I'm gonna get you for this author. (Oh look, there goes the fourth wall)

"Wow! Look at the stars twinkle! I haven't seen such a beautiful

nighttime sky in ages. Hey, look! Are those stars forming a pattern, or is it

just me? Hmm... There's one missing... Guess I'll just have to draw the missing

star!" A tiny leaf floated down from the nowhere.

"So the bug can draw lines..." I smirked, "but he can't draw a single dot."

"Shuddup! If you think your so good you try! ... I sure spent a

heck of a lotta time practicing that," he mumbled.

"Oh! So your talking to me now? Well while you are: What we are drawing with what exactly?" I asked.

No answer.
---
Why am I back
#3 Posted: 09:32:34 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1 part 2
I probably shouldn't even bother.

I looked at Ammy, who rolled her eyes and drew the dot with her tail.

I should really pay more attention when playing video games.

Anyway to put it shortly-

"Bad author! No 'Putting it shortly'! If your going to write my story do it properly!"

(Stop breaking the fourth wall and I will write it properly!)

Anyway, Yomigami flew down as the scenery changed to a golden one.

Too golden in my opinion.

A giant dragon that was Yomigami floated before us. His tail was partially in a huge scroll and he held four different coloured orbs in all of his hands.

"Ah... Why, if it isn't mother Amaterasu and sweet Azume." And somehow this guy knows me? I don't think so, I'm anything but sweet. Just ask my auth- *cough* family.

"I apologize for not contacting you sooner during these long years. Having never forgotten you, I,

Yomigami, god of restoration, have eagerly awaited this day when we could meet again. While you were away, the 13 spirits of the brush that you once possessed, including myself, have been scattered across this land of men, an now lie in disarray. I became a constellation and managed to survive until now. The time has come for you to seek out and reunite all the techniques. Your power is what is needed to restore the dried riverbed of the heavens and renew the flow of stardust." Yomigami transformed into an orb and entered us both. I felt the power rush through me before finally settling.

"Wow! That was Yomigami, the god of Rejuvenation! Wait... So you two have the power of Rejuvenation now? Can you really use it to restore the River of the Heavens? That would mean you were as good with a brush as yours truly!

"Nah... It couldn't be true. Who else could master this incredible god

technique!?"

"Issun you are an idiot."

We ran down the hill to the River of Stardust.

"Wonder if drawing some stardust would get the river flowing again?

Nah... It's one thing to fix a bridge, but fixing a starry river? There's no

way you could pull off a stunt like that!"

I gave Ammy puppy dog eyes. She nodded even though it was my turn anyway.

I began filling in the river with my tail, making sure I left a circle where there wasn't any stardust. What? I'm curious to see if it's like the game.

Apparently it wasn't, the stardust just washed into the hole to fill it up. Guess that's one if the reasons it's called a 'river' of stardust. And guess who speaks next. You guessed it! Our own village idiot, Issun.

"Whoa! A river of stardust! So this really must be the River of the

Heavens. But what I really wanna know is who the heck drew the darn thing!"

We crossed the river and I shook the water out of my fur, making it slightly poofy. Meanwhile, Ammy had opened the next chest.

"Look what you found, furball! This Astral Pouch here's amazing. It can

swallow up lots of food. Then when it's full, it can revive its owner if he or

she dies! Let's start feeding it with whatever food we can find around here."

So we bashed up every pot in the area, getting about four pieces of fruit in the process.

"So that's four down one hundred and ninety-six to go," I concluded.

"Don't look so glum," Ammy comforted.

I smiled and we continued through the next portal.

(Line break: And small time skip)

"Thank Mother Amaterasu!" I collapsed at the entrance of the cave.

After entering the portal we walked past a clear lake or fountain as the sign read, beat our greatest enemy, pottery and collected a stray bead. Oh yeah, and Issun only said one thing during the whole trip. I think it's a record.

"Why?" Ammy said in response to her name.

"Issun only talked once during that whole thing!"

"Right," she smiled.

We entered the cave. I almost forgot about the spikes that blocked the entrance as they almost caught my tail.

Almost.

"Is this... Is this the legendary shrine? We must be in the Cave of Nagi! The legendary hero Nagi is enshrined here! He vanquished evil 100 years ago with the help of the white wolf, Shiranui! First the River of the Heavens and now this place... Where the heck are we, furball? Boy, this place is a wreck. See? That sword's in really bad shape. The gods sure didn't do much to protect this place."

Ammy almost seemed a little ticked at Issun's comment as she looked at me.

"Gods first,"

She smiled again, Rejuvenating the statues sword.

"That really WAS your brushwork all this time! How'd you get so good?

Exactly who are you, anyway? Hey, there's another constellation! This one looks like a... "

We returned to the golden plains once again as Ammy drew the star.

"Tachigami!"

Said mouse pulled a huge sword from a tiny sheath and started slicing the air before stopping to balance on it.

"Well, well, well... If it isn't mother Amaterasu and kind Azume."

They still have no idea.

"It's been a long time. But with all these monsters around, the only place I could hide was in this shrine dedicated to ancient heroes. If there is anything I can do to assist you in your endeavors, I'm at your service. Make good use of this sword, as it was designed to conquer evil."

Tachigami transformed into an orb in the same way Yomigami did before I felt the burst of power enter me.

"Hey, that was the god, Tachigami, master of the Power Slash technique. Wait a minute. If you're getting all these powers... Then you're just like that Shiranui!"

"What about me? I filled in the river!"

"You know, the wolf who fought and died alongside the great Nagi. When Shiranui died, the wolf's power was split into the 13 brush gods. This is crazy. Shiranui and Nagi? It's just like the legend. Well, anyway, I've never seen this Power Slash technique myself. How 'bout showing your stuff off on that boulder over there? Lemme see you slice it in half by drawing a single line! I won't believe it till I see it!"

I sliced the boulder in half and ate the stupid bug.

"Pah! You do taste disgusting!" I spat him out and shook my head, "Anyway. What! Am I not important or are you still just pissed off at me!"

"Like your not ticked off..." He mumbled.

"Oh! You wanna see me ticked off bug! I'll bloody-"

"Azume!" Ammy yelled.

I whimpered, afraid of what she might do. She is a god after all.

She shook her head and sighed, "Look, I'm sorry that you two aren't on the best of terms right now but your acting like siblings. Could you at least pretend to like each other. And Issun, don't just talk about me and disregard Azume. It's not very nice. You should at least congratulate Azume's talent to learn quickly."

Spoken like a true mother.

Oh, wait she's not finished.

"Now apologize to each other,"

"Sorry Issun, for eating you and being mean," I mumbled.

"Sorry for not including you," he mumbled back.

"Hey, furballs...

Er... I mean, Amaterasu and Azume... I've made up my mind! If you're Shiranui reborn Ammy, then that means you can master all 13 techniques, right? In that case, I think I'll tag along until I'm as good as you two! Lucky you! Heh heh... It's no use tryin' to change my mind. There's no stoppin' me once I've made a decision! But enough about me! Now that you've mastered the Power Slash, you can cut down that thing Sakuya was talking about."

"You mean the fruit?" I questioned.

"Same difference,"
---
Why am I back
#4 Posted: 09:32:44 28/11/2012 | Topic Creator
(Line break: I think I'm gonna be overused a lot)

We began making our way back to Sakuya's Tree when we were attacked by Imps.

"What the!? Where'd they come from!? Ah, whatever. Draw first, ask questions later, right? You know that Divine Instrument you have on your back? Well, use its power against them!"

"What about me! I don't have a weapon!" I yelled panicked.

"Start Power-slashing!" He yelled back.

There were two imps so we decided to take one each.

I power-slashed the closest imp and shrieked slightly as he closed in and attacked me. I tackled him since he was to close for me to Power-slash.

The imp floated up into the air and I power-slashed it again. Mostly for the Demon Fang and partly to make sure it was dead.

Ammy had already defeated her imp and was waiting for me to collect the spirit orbs, money and ink that was left behind.

As I collected the spirit orbs they healed the wound I had on my shoulder. I rolled it, it was still sore but I could handle it.

(Line break is overused)

We made it back to Sakuya's tree only fighting one other group of imps. Ammy cut down the fruit which burst into flower petals and a divine intervention occurred. I rushed to the edge of the hill and managed to see most of it.

'Maybe won't be so bad if I'm stuck here' I thought as I held my paw out to catch a close by petal.

-------------

I have more chapters that I'll post later.
---
Why am I back
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me