darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Giants Glitches. POST THEM ALL HERE
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Giants Glitches. POST THEM ALL HERE [CLOSED]
Forlork Green Sparx Gems: 395
#1 Posted: 17:10:28 31/10/2012 | Topic Creator
So, ive come to the conclusion that Giants is seriously one of the *most* glitched up games I've ever played....

I myself have come across a great many glitches. SO! If you know of any, then post here.

The ones Ive come across include:
No cloud for Lightning Rod when you cross ice
In Glacier Gully the light beams used to melt to ice blocks get "stuck" in the middle of the air, not passing through the crystals. Causing me to restart the level.
In the Ghost Pirate level, I was battling and was knocked down onto the beginning platform of the stage. Unable to reactivate the elevator to come back down so I can go up. Causing me to restart the level.
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#2 Posted: 18:23:39 31/10/2012
I'm assuming by your deduction that Giants is the most glitched games you've ever played that you did not play Spyro's Adventure.

The 360/PS3 versions were seriously screwed up.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#3 Posted: 18:26:50 31/10/2012
I've been playing the ps3 version and so far found no glitches but I haven't tried lightning rod yet so that may exist not sure will try it out later
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
christopherpm Green Sparx Gems: 371
#4 Posted: 18:33:25 31/10/2012
I've found that on the GITD portal, one of my Series 2 Drobot doesn't work unless I put him on the outer edge of the portal to begin with. Once he's recognised in the game, I can push him anywhere on the portal and he remains in the game...
---
SPARE GITD smilie & smilie FOR TRADE - PM ME
SERIES 1 : ALL
SERIES 2 : Wave 1 + Granite smilie, GITD smilie, GITD smilie, Gnarly smilie, Rock smilie
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#5 Posted: 18:46:43 31/10/2012
I just checked and lightning rods cloud is still there, which path do you have him on as I have him on the cloud path
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#6 Posted: 19:37:06 31/10/2012
In the xbox version, at random times, you automatically slide to the right and you have to switch skylanders to stop it and several minutes later it happens again! Also in skystones and when you select a skystone it just keeps switching to the right so i usually get the skystone i dont want! It also moves the skystone to a place on the grid you dont want it to be by (you guessed it!) Sliding to the right!!!!! You know what? Xbox is really glitched. Anyone experience this?!
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
thomas12146 Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#7 Posted: 19:39:40 31/10/2012
I have not had any glitches and I have completed the whole game on xbox so it's just your copy
---
Got smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie 3pk and smilie 3pk.
Not on SSA/G.But on DS
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#8 Posted: 20:12:20 31/10/2012
Quote: Failinhearts
In the xbox version, at random times, you automatically slide to the right and you have to switch skylanders to stop it and several minutes later it happens again! Also in skystones and when you select a skystone it just keeps switching to the right so i usually get the skystone i dont want! It also moves the skystone to a place on the grid you dont want it to be by (you guessed it!) Sliding to the right!!!!! You know what? Xbox is really glitched. Anyone experience this?!

Maybe your Xbox. Not everybody's.
---
cry baby, I am
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 20:48:36 31/10/2012
I actually agree, there's a lot of glitches in my game too. Some of mine:

• In the Cannon Fodder area of Lost City of Arkus, when I shot the cannon on Hard mode, the present just floated in the air. When I got to the bottom and shook the Wiimote, I wound up receiving two presents.
  • Same area, Nightmare mode. After I shot the blocks down, the barrier would not disappear. I had to restart the level just to get the hat in that area.
  • Tree Rex likes to get stuck in places.
  • If my Skylander is defeated in Nightmare mode awkwardly, sometimes it pushes them beyond the level boundaries.
  • When I put Pop Fizz on the portal, he appeared in the game and was immediately KO'd for no apparent reason.
  • In the Autogyro Adventure, when I defeated all the enemies in one room, the barrier would not collapse. When I left the area, a bundle of Exp points came from nowhere. When I re-entered, the barrier had gone.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#10 Posted: 22:49:16 31/10/2012
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON

Maybe your Xbox. Not everybody's.

+1 Maybe it is the controller? Likewise, for another poster, a portal not reading a specific fig reliably is not a game glitch but a hardware issue.

I have played the game through, re-played many levels for collectibles and achievements and commenced Nightmare mode and only found one glitch. In one level (forget which) on a re-run through the game froze for no discernable reason. A tad annoying, yes, but small fry compared to glitches I have experienced in other games (normally Wii ones) and glitches which re-occur and prevent progress.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#11 Posted: 23:06:16 31/10/2012
The Wii version is EXTREMELY glitchy.

From characters randomly changing into the error "there is a problem with a toy on the Portal", to stuff randomly dissappearing.

Quote: RadSpyro
I actually agree, there's a lot of glitches in my game too. Some of mine:

• In the Cannon Fodder area of Lost City of Arkus, when I shot the cannon on Hard mode, the present just floated in the air. When I got to the bottom and shook the Wiimote, I wound up receiving two presents.
  • Same area, Nightmare mode. After I shot the blocks down, the barrier would not disappear. I had to restart the level just to get the hat in that area.
  • Tree Rex likes to get stuck in places.
  • If my Skylander is defeated in Nightmare mode awkwardly, sometimes it pushes them beyond the level boundaries.
  • When I put Pop Fizz on the portal, he appeared in the game and was immediately KO'd for no apparent reason.
  • In the Autogyro Adventure, when I defeated all the enemies in one room, the barrier would not collapse. When I left the area, a bundle of Exp points came from nowhere. When I re-entered, the barrier had gone.

BOLD; That happened to me.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:10 31/10/2012 by Matteomax
#12 Posted: 23:44:30 31/10/2012
On the first SG portal I was using before the GITD one, sometimes a char would take a moment to register - the game would make that noise and cycle through the elements for 10 seconds or so before "syncing" with the figurine.

However, it would happen very sporadically with no consistent char causing it.

Also, have not experienced that with the GITD portal so logically a tiny giltch with the hardware.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#13 Posted: 23:45:56 31/10/2012
If I pick up a light core and put it to the left of the portal, it lights up
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#14 Posted: 23:48:45 31/10/2012
One: When I go on the ice a smilie his cloud disappears.
Two: Cali wouldn't stop repeating herself!
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#15 Posted: 23:49:55 31/10/2012
It freezes yet music keeps going smilie
---
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#16 Posted: 00:02:04 01/11/2012
Quote: terrafan
It freezes yet music keeps going smilie

That happened to me in S:SA. My brother was Slam Bam in Darklight Crypt, and it froze and the music was still playing. Also, when we tried to turn the Wii off, IT WAS STILL ON THE FROZEN SCREEN!!!! We weren't able to use the Wii for a long time.....
#17 Posted: 00:06:26 01/11/2012
Until it burn't up?
---
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#18 Posted: 00:09:37 01/11/2012
The Wii miraculously fixed itself. One day we looked at the Wii and it was actually off so we played on it.
#19 Posted: 00:12:35 01/11/2012
I would've been angry
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#20 Posted: 11:45:17 01/11/2012
Hardly any glitches for me. Two massive ones for me.
1. First try at Magic Zone in Chapter 16: Pop Fizz couldn't move after pushing a block for some reason, I wasn't allowed to put on another Skylander, so I had to restart the level.
2. Secret Vault Of Secrets became a black screen instead of loading, I could still exit, pause and everything though. Going back to the Wii Menu then into the game again fixed it.
Guys, please play through Spyro's Adventure again. Seriously. *coughdontforgettheconsistentlywidespreadweaponsmasterandlightningrodheroiccough*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:46:16 01/11/2012 by Nibelilt
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#21 Posted: 11:52:43 01/11/2012
in molken mountain as smilie you can walk through the mast on flynns mini ship
---
Green Bean Machine
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#22 Posted: 12:20:26 01/11/2012
^You have LEGENDARY smilie?

There's only one explanation for this...

---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:25:59 01/11/2012 by Skybagel
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#23 Posted: 12:40:11 01/11/2012
I have found that the air elemental zone in chapter 10 on the wii is glitched, after you take down the first gate and got past the first island, when I am launched to the next island and land, I go through the ground and get stuck! It doesn't matter if I switch skylanders or go to a giant, I remain stuck and have I restart the level. It took me 5 times to fix the glitch, I found out that you can't do any action like flying or pressing any button 5 seconds prior to stepping in the wind current that takes you to the next island, I almost threw my sonic boom cuz I thought she was glitched, lol
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#24 Posted: 12:59:27 01/11/2012
^ It doesn't occured to me smilie
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#25 Posted: 13:23:03 01/11/2012
That's weird
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
SkyWanderer Blue Sparx Gems: 597
#26 Posted: 15:19:38 01/11/2012
meh glitches

they seriously need to work on the engine a bit.

but anyway only glitch I've found for the Ps3

is afteryou upgrade the ship to have the turret and try the sheep shooting minigame

I hit the sheep and the balloons popped but the sheep kept advancing forward

only a small number actually fell.
---
http://omicronwanderer.deviantart.com
I am an Enviornmental modeler for projectFrixion : http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#27 Posted: 15:39:46 01/11/2012
WTF?! This is a good glitch! I just played the Heroic Challenge of defeating 8 Gargantulas, I dealed with Bouncer (yeah, Deal with the Wheel!) I started and I defeated with it the first Gargantula and the game counted it like 4! My face: O.o I NEED TO POST THIS ON darkSpyro!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:40:20 01/11/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
greenpuff Blue Sparx Gems: 648
#28 Posted: 16:45:15 01/11/2012
I played Rumbletown for the first time and figured out how to get hot dog's soul gem. I got the key but while i was walking back, the music kept playing the same part over and over but i ignored it. When i got to the soul gem, i got it but it kept spinning and i couldn't do anything. So i restarted my ps3. Weird.
---
Finished SG!
I got smilie and smilie
Hot Head1 Green Sparx Gems: 195
#29 Posted: 17:58:32 01/11/2012
I have the wii and havnt expierenced any glitches on SG but on SSA I got... the weapon master glitch and I had to restart the game
I was litteraly crying
---
have all but smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
series 2 have: smilie + starter pack
#30 Posted: 19:16:23 01/11/2012
Another glitch: I had upgraded Hot Head, and when I turned the game back on after I quit, the upgrades were gone!
---
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#31 Posted: 19:27:34 01/11/2012
one time the crows nest was gone on mine.... but you could still walk on it!!!!!!!!!
thehunt Green Sparx Gems: 244
#32 Posted: 20:48:33 01/11/2012
2 glitches for me on S:SA
1. if i had a certain amount of money after i exited level i would lose some of it
2. under skylands(good glitch gave me around 2000 each time)
---
Here comes the "pics or it didn't happen" police
hurry before they arrest you for trolling!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#33 Posted: 20:59:41 01/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Hardly any glitches for me. Two massive ones for me.
1. First try at Magic Zone in Chapter 16: Pop Fizz couldn't move after pushing a block for some reason, I wasn't allowed to put on another Skylander, so I had to restart the level.
2. Secret Vault Of Secrets became a black screen instead of loading, I could still exit, pause and everything though. Going back to the Wii Menu then into the game again fixed it.
Guys, please play through Spyro's Adventure again. Seriously. *coughdontforgettheconsistentlywidespreadweaponsmasterandlightningrodheroiccough*
Both of these happened to me but instead of Pop Fizz I had Cynder on.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#34 Posted: 21:31:05 01/11/2012
Ran into a few on the Wii Version:

-Persephone will sometimes get trapped flying around the ship, and just stick in the flying position right being Brock.
-In Lost City of Arkus, sometimes the Giants will move up onto the rock area when going up with the ...uh...cyclopses rolling the barrels down at you (Specifically the ones you can't destroy)
-Same area, going up there with a Skylander who's flying, you can get trapped in an invisible corner. Usually you can either take the Skylander off and putting it back.
-In the one area of the same level where you face the multiple..um..sword guys and then the magicians making the...god these things have names don't they? Pincher dudes... When they're supposed to come down, sometimes they'll just get stuck and the monster gate won't open or anything. (what makes it worse is that they've got an invisible invincibility shield on them so you can't even attack them..
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#35 Posted: 21:38:23 01/11/2012
The "Wingboner" glitch

[User Posted Image]
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#36 Posted: 21:39:43 01/11/2012
I found a glitch on my Wii version:

In wilkin world I tried to go into one of the houses in "cardboard" mode with Tree Rex and I got stuck. I just took him off the portal and put him back on and he could go through it.
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
#37 Posted: 21:41:51 01/11/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
The "Wingboner" glitch

[User Posted Image]

That also happened to me recently!
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#38 Posted: 21:42:35 01/11/2012
It usually happens when you take damage during flight.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#39 Posted: 22:20:43 01/11/2012
In Wilikin World when I battled the chompie-mage he just stayed around and did nothing and I had to reset the WHOLE STUPID LEVEL.
---
i am trash
#40 Posted: 23:19:12 01/11/2012
Giants for the Wii is really glitchy.
---
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#41 Posted: 23:26:17 01/11/2012
I finished Chapter 2, and upgraded Tree Rex, then turned off the game. I came back to play and It said I hadn't finished it, but I still had an upgraded TR, but all his money was still there.

It was a good glitch.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Moneysaver Red Sparx Gems: 79
#42 Posted: 00:25:47 02/11/2012
Wii
if your skylander completes a quest and you go to main menu/flynns ship/etc. before the character portrait reappears it wont show up until you restart the game(on/off).
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#43 Posted: 01:22:31 02/11/2012
@ skybagel

actually there is another reason..-puts on sunglasses- im canadian [national anthem plays in back ground]

-back on topic

i dont know if this if this i just mine or not but it takes a minute before it gets to the game menu
---
Green Bean Machine
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#44 Posted: 01:52:44 02/11/2012
My funniest glitch was when I was smilie and my friend was smilie and we were in the ruins in S:SA and at the part with the hole in the ground by the train tracks, my friend went in, but me as smilie was too far behind and when smilie went in, me as smilie in my location throws his hands up and starts to fly upwards. When we tried again we weren't even able to go in the hole, smilie was flying for eternity! There was also a glitch is PvP on Pirate Seas when I won, it did not transition to the victory screen and kept zooming out until the stage wasn't visible.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#45 Posted: 02:05:20 02/11/2012

I play on the wii version and that happened to me, I just unplugged the nunchuck and the plugged it back in. I don't know what to do about a Xbox controller judging it's one piece. But it's not the game I bet it's the controller.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:27 02/11/2012 by TheBakonBitz
greenpuff Blue Sparx Gems: 648
#46 Posted: 07:30:12 02/11/2012
Yay. PS3 is least glitchiest. :3
---
Finished SG!
I got smilie and smilie
#47 Posted: 13:36:30 02/11/2012
Alternatively, PS3 is forever alone and not enough people own it. Not trying to start a console war here, just offering an alternate hypothesis.
---
Soylent Green is People!
hats88 Blue Sparx Gems: 684
#48 Posted: 16:54:31 03/11/2012
I found that in some levels the bounce pads don't bounce you high enough, so you need a skylander that can fly above the bounce pad then drop, and then you might be able to bounce the normal height.

WARNING:
this is very hard!!!!
---
confused yet?
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me