Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Giants Storage Ideas [CLOSED]
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#51 Posted: 01:58:18 11/11/2012
so i saw the skylander carry case in store today and desided to buy it to hold my giants. it actully holds all 12 perfectly. im actully impressed on the quility of it. all giants have there own spot and dont touch. this is actully the first skylander product i am going to give a thums up to.
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#52 Posted: 02:30:20 11/11/2012
^ NICE!! I love this idea! smilie I also don't have the room for all the stacked boxes; as awesome and organized as they are!! smilie I just currently have 2 clear Rubbermaid bins I decorated with Skylanders stickers I designed then printed out... one is for all the S:SA stuff and the second is for the Giants figures (it's a tad taller than the first box)... thanks for the idea Kesrael!!
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#53 Posted: 02:48:20 11/11/2012
Even though it's super expensive I hear really good things about it and haven't spotted it at my EB though I've wanted it so I finally caved in and ordered the new carry case from the EG Games site(along with the arena display, it's perfect for my Artechulated Portal/Saotome Sprocket if I get them). smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:40 11/11/2012 by Nibelilt
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#54 Posted: 03:51:13 11/11/2012
The Ikea TV stand I mentioned is 31" long by 13" deep. This is likely smaller in size than the stacked plastic cases pictures earlier in the thread. If you push it against the wall, it is only about a foot out from the wall. It's only 14" high, so it can go anywhere in your living room without blocking sight to your TV or speakers. Hell, you could probably just permanently place it directly in front of your existing TV stand without hassle.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#55 Posted: 12:48:36 11/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Even though it's super expensive I hear really good things about it and haven't spotted it at my EB though I've wanted it so I finally caved in and ordered the new carry case from the EG Games site(along with the arena display, it's perfect for my Artechulated Portal/Saotome Sprocket if I get them). smilie

I saw the new SG carry case today at EB Games so you should soon, as well.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
kty6toz Green Sparx Gems: 347
#56 Posted: 17:55:37 02/12/2012
I just had to let you all know that I took the plunge and ordered 8 of the Really Useful Boxes (in transparent purple, my favorite color) 2 of the 6 tray and 6 of the 16 tray. They were a little pricey and probably not what you want if you carry Skylanders to other places to play. But for organization and storage I just love them. I know exactly which box to find the figure I want in and they are separated so that you don't have to worry about them scratching one another. They are protected from my heathen Cats that chewed the ears off of my raving rabbid Wii controller charger. The Giants do have to lay down but all the others are able to store standing up. If you are looking for great storage to protect your investment you cannot go wrong with these
junebug Green Sparx Gems: 127
#57 Posted: 18:19:13 02/12/2012
I have mine in a box sort of similar to the pictures posted, it is made for storing Xmas ornaments and I got it at Target for $12. smilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#58 Posted: 13:15:28 04/12/2012
I keep my Skylanders on display too, and when I want to bring them to a friends house, I just stick em' in some shoeboxes.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
jperrot1 Blue Sparx Gems: 993
#59 Posted: 23:57:33 04/12/2012
Another option, I think. These were on sale just a couple days ago for $7.99 and I bought 5 of them. It came to a total of something like $45.00 because of the sale plus a 50% off one item, and $6.99 flat shipping rate. I'll post when I try these out for storage. I wish I came on this when I saw the sale and ordered them, but I think they run sales all the time. Also, if you have one of these stores by you they usually have buy one item at 50% in the newspaper, or on their website to print out to take to the store.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8...case-93927.html
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#60 Posted: 03:20:06 05/12/2012
Heres the link that everyone is wanting: http://www.walmart.com/ip/POWE...versal/21677327
This is the case that holds up to 32 Skylanders Giants. I have all of wave 1 and 2 and they all fit. The shelves are removable. I will need a 2nd one for the other waves though.

As for the SSA I use the case below:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/POWE...versal/20563491
It is a little bulky with all of the figures, AdventurePacks and Portal inside but they fit and nice to carry around.
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#61 Posted: 03:13:54 11/12/2012
Here is my 8 year old daughters collection!.....her Grandpa just made her a display unit for them. She also has all of the current Skylanders Giants figures that have been released so far but she doesnt get them till christmas which is why they are not shown......ssshhh she doesnt know yet!! The unit has enough space for both series, adventure packs and all the giants!

[User Posted Image]

[imghttp://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s623/darrenpaul10696/image-5.jpg][/img]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:46 11/12/2012 by spoons10696
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#62 Posted: 03:44:07 11/12/2012
Spoons, can grandpa make one for me?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#63 Posted: 03:49:45 11/12/2012
Ha!.....yeah I dunno about that! He said he used a lot of wood so i'm sure these things aint cheap but its a totally cool storage display. I designed the layout and he made it exactly to the specs.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#64 Posted: 04:22:47 11/12/2012
Wow that is amazing, Spoons! You should get us a price estimate! xD
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
#65 Posted: 05:02:40 11/12/2012
When I get time I might think about adding some soft lighting in the bigger squares for the giants and maybe do something to add the name of each giant in each space. Quite a few possibilities I guess but no time right now!..lol
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#66 Posted: 05:04:28 11/12/2012
I use bauble storage for mine each one has 2 levels and 24 compartments that hold 2 single or 1 giant.

[User Posted Image]
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#67 Posted: 05:10:08 11/12/2012
If you designed the layout, Spoons, any chance you can share the measurements? I'm sure you would be of great help to all of us Skylanders fans. I have to admit, that shelf is pretty pimp.

I would have paid for your grandfather to make me one and ship it, naturally, but if you want to share the measurements, you'd be my hero.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:11:19 11/12/2012 by GameMaster78
#68 Posted: 05:16:02 11/12/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
If you designed the layout, Spoons, any chance you can share the measurements? I'm sure you would be of great help to all of us Skylanders fans. I have to admit, that shelf is pretty pimp.

I would have paid for your grandfather to make me one and ship it, naturally, but if you want to share the measurements, you'd be my hero.

Sure this is what I drew!

[User Posted Image]
#69 Posted: 06:26:40 11/12/2012
You rock. Thanks. My next door neighbor has built everything from houses to entertainment centers. I will show him that and see what he can do. Thanks again.
---
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#70 Posted: 12:46:57 11/12/2012
This is awesome! Thanks Spoons.
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
#71 Posted: 17:37:07 11/12/2012
No problem!.....hope you guys can make one!
thepool74 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#72 Posted: 22:15:42 12/12/2012
Quote: spoons10696
Here is my 8 year old daughters collection!.....her Grandpa just made her a display unit for them. She also has all of the current Skylanders Giants figures that have been released so far but she doesnt get them till christmas which is why they are not shown......ssshhh she doesnt know yet!! The unit has enough space for both series, adventure packs and all the giants!

[User Posted Image]

[imghttp://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s623/darrenpaul10696/image-5.jpg][/img]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

wow this thing is awesome.....how do I get one of these for my Skylanders?? I would love to display them all in a unit like that.
Teratron Yellow Sparx Gems: 1796
#73 Posted: 14:50:08 14/12/2012
I have a question for anyone who has the square PowerA case. They advertise that it can hold 32 Skylanders. Going by the pictures on the tags, there should be six removable blue shelves and a bunch of the clear vertical dividers. It seems pretty obvious that the way you arrange it to hold 32 should be to have four rows and four columns on each side. And the picture on one of the tags seems to show that configuration with the middle shelf on the right side removed and sitting in front of the case.

However, I just spent some time looking at these cases at TRU last night, and that option doesn't seem possible. The left side of the case is clearly fully configurable. There are three shelves installed and mounting points to divide the case into three even rows instead of four, or any arrangement you'd like using those monting points. However, the right side seems to be stuck in the three-row configuration it's sold in. There are no additional mounting points to divide the right half into four rows. And while there are extra vertical dividers that can be added, I didn't see a sixth shelf piece anywhere. The store had four of them and they were all like this.

So what's the deal with this case? Can it be configured for a nice arrangement of 32 as all the advertising seems to indicate? Or is the right half as limited as it appeared to me in the store?
gbac16 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#74 Posted: 20:06:41 29/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Wanted to bump this back around to see if anyone has found anything like the Sortmaster Jr. series to store their Giants. I've been looking for a carry case, but haven't had much luck.
---
32/32 + All Legendaries, Blue Bash, Flocked Stumpy, & Red Drill Sgt, Sidekicks. (All at retail).
Want: Dark Spyro.
sakurawing Green Sparx Gems: 160
#75 Posted: 03:29:44 30/12/2012
I am trying to find a way to store my figures that wont make my OCD husband go crazy and protect them from my cats and toddler(who learned that she can grab things off the shelf and run before mommy can catch her) Any suggestions would be great, i just don't want to have 5 different things if i can find just one storage thing
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#76 Posted: 05:48:53 30/12/2012
Quote: Kesrael

I was looking around today and I have one similar to these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ster...t-of-4/15442451

I have the same item and used it for a while until I upgraded and did the following:

I bought 2 of these: (For Regular Figures, LightCore, Expansion Packs, Magic Items)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/POWE...versal/21677327
I setup it up with 6 shelves in each case (12 Shelves total) with one divider for support. I put each element on a shelf and split the Variants/Legendary/LightCore/Single release (i.e. Wham-Shell) from the standard figures using the divider. I used one shelf for the Expansion Packs and one shelf for the Magic Items and still have room to grow.
[User Posted Image]
I also bought 1 of these: (For Giants and Portal)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/POWE...versal/20563491
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:59:21 30/12/2012 by dinoah2005
crazyace Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#77 Posted: 07:22:43 30/12/2012
i have 2 of these = http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bull...anizer/16940233

and they work out great. deep enough to where alot of the characters can stand. i also posted on here about a idea i had and submitted it to rubermaid to see if they could make something like that with just 8 large compartments. and it would work perfect for just the giants. but they declined. but the idea still isnt out in stores.

here is the post i made

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=68521

here is a couple of pictures of what they look like with characters in them

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
32/32 S1, 8/8 Giants, 1/8 LC, 8/8 New S2, 23/24 S2 Repose
L. Bouncer, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, Spyro,Chop Chop, Bash, Jetvac, Slam Bam, Ignitor, chill
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:32:41 30/12/2012 by crazyace
PokeLink09 Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#78 Posted: 02:50:03 01/01/2013
These are Great! It is a bit pricy, but 3 of these containers will fit all of the new 48 characters, the 8 non-reposed, and all the Variants.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/...=A2IWCJ0AJPPRJZ
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#79 Posted: 22:51:15 05/01/2013
Quote: crazyace
i have 2 of these = http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bull...anizer/16940233

and they work out great. deep enough to where alot of the characters can stand. i also posted on here about a idea i had and submitted it to rubermaid to see if they could make something like that with just 8 large compartments. and it would work perfect for just the giants. but they declined. but the idea still isnt out in stores.

here is the post i made

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=68521

here is a couple of pictures of what they look like with characters in them

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Wow. I may have to go pick up these. I had the yellow and black ones that gamemaster used (Stanley I think, dont remember) but these whould hold the Giants as well. Do you think they will hold all 8? Do you have the 5 giants that have been released and do they all fit in that large spot? If so, I will go pick up 4 of them and just transfer all my other characters to this case instead. These may be perfect. Can you tell us if they work as well as it seems? Any problems fitting all the series 1 characters in them? Any characters not fit at all?

Thanks again for any info... and sorry for necroing this thread
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
#80 Posted: 23:14:05 05/01/2013
there is only 2 large spots that will hold the giants. you can only fit 1 giant in each one of the large compartments. so you would have to buy 4 of them to hold all 8 as far as the last 3 to be released i cant promise they would fit but if they are all about the same size then i dont see why they wouldnt. or you could buy 2 and cut out the sections that would create 2 more slots and let you hold 4 giants in 1 container leaving you the first row and the corners by the handle to hold characters. but you would have to be creative. i dont want to tell you something that would cause you to waste money. the walls are deep enough to keep them from sticking up to high maybe 1 or 2 would stick up alittle past the top. i wouldnt know without checking them all.i also have the stanley jr boxes that snap. i dont know if anything i have written will help but its the best i can tell you right now.
---
L. Bouncer, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, Spyro,Chop Chop, Bash, Jetvac, Slam Bam, Ignitor, chill
#81 Posted: 01:56:06 06/01/2013
there is only 2 large spots that will hold the giants. you can only fit 1 giant in each one of the large compartments. so you would have to buy 4 of them to hold all 8 as far as the last 3 to be released i cant promise they would fit but if they are all about the same size then i dont see why they wouldnt. or you could buy 2 and cut out the sections that would create 2 more slots and let you hold 4 giants in 1 container leaving you the first row and the corners by the handle to hold characters. but you would have to be creative. i dont want to tell you something that would cause you to waste money. the walls are deep enough to keep them from sticking up to high maybe 1 or 2 would stick up alittle past the top. i wouldnt know without checking them all.i also have the stanley jr boxes that snap. i dont know if anything i have written will help but its the best i can tell you right now.

That is perfect... I may go pick up 4 and just place all of them in the 4. I can use the 3 stanley ones for something else. Although they were decorated with all the stickers to show the spots... oh well, maybe the stickerbook will have all the stickers... but all in all, not a big deal. Thanks for the info... will check them out next time I go to walmart....
---
Vortimous
#82 Posted: 02:21:29 06/01/2013
no problem glad i could help. i cant see having 4 of those large storage organizers i dont have that many characters smilie
---
#83 Posted: 03:02:58 06/01/2013
no problem glad i could help. i cant see having 4 of those large storage organizers i dont have that many characters smilie

It took three of the stanley ones just to fit the 37 originals from first game and the 4 expansion level items. But they did all fit. The fact that you could stack them and carry them all at once was just golden. So, if that means I can still store all the original 37 and the new 16 in just 4 cases, then that is okay by me. Well worth buying 4 of them if I can hold them all.... esp since I have two kids that want to bring them everywhere....
---
Vortimous
PokeLink09 Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#84 Posted: 22:55:00 21/01/2013
I went to Staples today and got three small trays for $1. One tray holds 6 figures, so for one dollar you can fit 18 figures! Only three fit per box if it is filled with Giants. I would put a pic of my tray, but I don't know how to insert images. Does anyone know how to do this on an iPod?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#85 Posted: 01:20:26 22/01/2013
The best thing I have found for them (at least for me) are these:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80100029/

They have nine compartments, the perfect size for any regular figure. I use one for each element: 4 series 1, 4 series 2 and lightcore. Then 1 for the 8 legendary + a space for legendary lightcore chill. Then 1 more for the adventure packs (with one divider removed so Pirate Seas fits), the rest for the items and the sidekicks (obviously multiple per slot). And then 1 for the variants (Punch Pop, Dark Spyro, Flocked, Sapphire and Ruby).

Yes, it is a lot of crates, but they are $4 each and have slots for stacking. They also stay closed (have a good latch) and are pretty solid. They are a good size if my older son wants to take some down to a friend's house.

I would like a display case, and have made similar things, but having a toddler and figures (they he really likes) out on display is a recipe for disaster.

I haven't found a good case for giants yet. I'm not fond of the ones with paper dividers or open so they bounce around.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:44:05 22/01/2013 by defpally
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#86 Posted: 01:29:32 22/01/2013
I like keeping mine on a shelf. I cleared some bins away to storage, and lined them up in rows, with blocks making steps that the skylanders are displayed on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:29:59 22/01/2013 by X-Treme
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#87 Posted: 02:02:53 22/01/2013
For no good reason IKEA in Australia is expensive; I wish it wasn't.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#88 Posted: 03:10:24 22/01/2013
Quote: Zing
I find that the best way to store all of these figures is to just have them on display. At Ikea, I found the perfect shelf. It is relatively small and very low to the ground, for easy access. I have it against the wall in my living room, and just slide it in front of the sofa when I play the game. It's absolutely perfect.

Here is a photo from when I first got Giants:
[User Posted Image]

I don't see a need for hiding the figures away in plastic cases, when I can have them within arms reach at all times.

What stand is this called, trying to locate it on Ikeas site.
Menace Gold Sparx Gems: 2166
#89 Posted: 07:26:41 23/01/2013
@JackSparx created this account mainly to pass on my thanks, after seeing how you used the Really Useful Boxes I just had to go get some, now have a stack 8 high and thinking I need more still!!

Thank you!
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#90 Posted: 07:44:27 23/01/2013
Quote: defpally

They have nine compartments, the perfect size for any regular figure. I use one for each element: 4 series 1, 4 series 2 and lightcore. Then 1 for the 8 legendary + a space for legendary lightcore chill. Then 1 more for the adventure packs (with one divider removed so Pirate Seas fits), the rest for the items and the sidekicks (obviously multiple per slot). And then 1 for the variants (Punch Pop, Dark Spyro, Flocked, Sapphire and Ruby).

Yes, it is a lot of crates, but they are $4 each and have slots for stacking. They also stay closed (have a good latch) and are pretty solid. They are a good size if my older son wants to take some down to a friend's house.

I would like a display case, and have made similar things, but having a toddler and figures (they he really likes) out on display is a recipe for disaster.

I haven't found a good case for giants yet. I'm not fond of the ones with paper dividers or open so they bounce around.

Do you have any pictures of them in use by chance? This may be exactly what I'm looking for, and the price seems perfect.
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#91 Posted: 10:58:17 23/01/2013
@Menace - Glad you liked it :-)
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#92 Posted: 14:44:57 23/01/2013
Quote: DocCroc
Quote: defpally

Do you have any pictures of them in use by chance? This may be exactly what I'm looking for, and the price seems perfect.

I'll see what I can do tonight when I get home.
#93 Posted: 16:21:04 23/01/2013
Quote: Vortimous

That is perfect... I may go pick up 4 and just place all of them in the 4. I can use the 3 stanley ones for something else. Although they were decorated with all the stickers to show the spots... oh well, maybe the stickerbook will have all the stickers... but all in all, not a big deal. Thanks for the info... will check them out next time I go to walmart....

Hey Crazyace, now that Thumpy and EyeBrawl are out, could you verify that they will both fit into that large compartment please?? Thanks so much!! Also, any skylanders that are a tight fit, or are there any that don't fit at all? smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#94 Posted: 14:46:05 24/01/2013
Wow...You guys have some AWESOME ideas in this thread. Kudos.

Ha ha...We don't have a ton of space for storing Skylanders in our household, so we just put 'em all in the bag we got free with purchase of starter pack at Best Buy:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Skyland...jks!~~60_35.JPG

The figures are really durable (can't tell you how many times my kids have dropped them)...so I don't stress over it.
---
Here we go again...!
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#95 Posted: 14:51:39 24/01/2013
I use a figure case thingy similar to tgga's. like this:http://i.imgur.com/wRh77GO.jpg
melt4rf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1078
#96 Posted: 15:01:35 24/01/2013
X-treme where do you get that for the giants?
---
Have All 32 original SSA and new Giants Skylanders
Searching for: smilie smilie
#97 Posted: 17:31:31 24/01/2013
Quote: Shroomy_Boomy
Quote: Vortimous

Hey Crazyace, now that Thumpy and EyeBrawl are out, could you verify that they will both fit into that large compartment please?? Thanks so much!! Also, any skylanders that are a tight fit, or are there any that don't fit at all? smilie

yes both thumpback and eyebrawl both fit in the 2 large compartments as does all the giants up to now. im pretty sure ninjini will fit also. hope this help
---
#98 Posted: 17:42:15 24/01/2013
^ Thanks, that does help!! I've been having trouble finding that bin in my area (Walmart keeps canceling my orders due to not having them in stock)... but I'll keep trying!! smilie
---

#99 Posted: 17:49:06 24/01/2013
its a bulldog storage organizer in the hardware section where you would find hinges its on the bottom shelf if you have a wal-mart near you
---
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#100 Posted: 18:29:33 24/01/2013
I'm going to be building a shelf/display for my giants soon. Got the plans all drawn up just need the stuff! I'll post pics when I'm done.
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me