Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Walmart is holding out on us... [CLOSED]
cooljmc7 Green Sparx Gems: 370
#1 Posted: 09:01:47 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
So... as I had the Walmart manager opening all the boxes, he said he had one more in the back that he wasn't able to open until the 23rd. Any ideas why?
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7069
#2 Posted: 09:03:02 21/10/2012
Wave 2... Hothead and possibly others..

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
matthewgerber Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#3 Posted: 14:56:21 21/10/2012
Quote: cooljmc7
So... as I had the Walmart manager opening all the boxes, he said he had one more in the back that he wasn't able to open until the 23rd. Any ideas why?

Staggering stock so they don't have to look sold out every day.

Typical at retail, but especially with hot toys and games at the big retailers. The thinking is that if you shop and they are out of the hot item, you'll still pick up something else you need/see/want. If you check back another day, they have another chance to sell you something more again.
---
Portal Master Blaze Brightsun @ Skylanders:Universe
HotDoggin Red Sparx Gems: 26
#4 Posted: 15:23:07 21/10/2012
Gotta be wave 2 though I thought that was exclusive to Toys R Us..... Interesting
Xerobull Green Sparx Gems: 431
#5 Posted: 16:33:05 21/10/2012
You can count on Walmart employees not being the brightest. It's been my experience that they make stocking and price mistakes on a regular basis. The best you can do is game the system and if manager A tells you one thing, find Manager B, who may have more/different info.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me