Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Who hit Wal-Mart at Midnight... [CLOSED]
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8096
#1 Posted: 04:31:12 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
And what did you get? I am now in possession of:
Swarm
Crusher
Whirlwind, Pop Fizz, Trigger Happy Triple
And a Zook Variant (I think?)

smilie I'm all hyper and excited but my parents won't let me open them since it's late at night.
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Eric-K Gold Sparx Gems: 2211
#2 Posted: 04:32:50 21/10/2012
I did.... got PS3 GITD Cynder, Terrafin, Pop Fizz, Chill, Fright Rider, Swarm, Crusher, & Bouncer!!
#3 Posted: 04:34:12 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Nice! I didn't want to spend too much money though.
---
LordsOfSkulls Green Sparx Gems: 219
#4 Posted: 04:34:29 21/10/2012
;3 aiming for Target Tomorrow ^-^ morning hopefully their wont be anyone their and everyone be at walmart >.> or toysrus.
---
The Mind Is The Slayer Of Reality - LoS
tmentuis Green Sparx Gems: 318
#5 Posted: 04:35:53 21/10/2012
T - 25 before i do (Central time)
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Working On Collecting All Lightcore Package Variations.
Guardie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#6 Posted: 04:39:06 21/10/2012
I hit Walmart and the closest 24-hr Walmart to me had their vendor mess up and didn't send any copies of the game only the skylanders. So I picked up Swarm and am hitting Target and a different Walmart tomorrow morning.
fatherofskyland Green Sparx Gems: 223
#7 Posted: 05:02:51 21/10/2012
I did. My wal-mart only had two copies of the PS3 starter pack. I got one and a guy behind me got the other one.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#8 Posted: 05:04:53 21/10/2012
Waiting for GameStop tomorrow, but theres a Walmart across the street and a bb and target near by so hoping for not to much trouble, plus it's a small GameStop, so eh.
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#9 Posted: 05:06:37 21/10/2012
First Walmart is an fall. They can't find their stock......
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#10 Posted: 05:07:00 21/10/2012
here is what i got from walmart at midnight i was the 3rd person in line but they didnt have any crusher by the time i got mine so im going to target in the morning to get either crusher or granite crusher

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:14:36 21/10/2012 by Gaiaknight
#11 Posted: 05:12:50 21/10/2012
Second Walmart fail, same as the first, can't find their stock
---
BigGuy0810 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1633
#12 Posted: 05:15:07 21/10/2012
I got bouncer, crusher, swarm, S2 trigger happy, S2 terrafin, S2 ignitor, S2 zook, S2 whirlwind, chill, pop fizz, and fright rider. I am getting everyone else at gamestop in the morning, i preordered the game and battle pack there and hoping that the lightcores and S2 slam bam will be there.
krayzie Green Sparx Gems: 196
#13 Posted: 05:16:09 21/10/2012
I went to walmart and waited 45 minutes. The guy forgot to go back and grab them for us... The only cart they found had about 5 or 6 for each system and no portal owner packs.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:16:57 21/10/2012 by krayzie
HotDoggin Red Sparx Gems: 26
#14 Posted: 05:16:52 21/10/2012
Three WalMarts.....all of them either didn't get any figures...or they "can't find them." I can't believe this......
wtrswoopes Blue Sparx Gems: 920
#15 Posted: 05:22:08 21/10/2012
Me! Only one at my Walmart at midnight. Lady actually let me help unbox and pull everything I wanted 30 minutes early.

Walked away with 360 GITD Cynder, Swarm, Bouncer, Crusher, Chill, Pop Fizz, Fright Rider, LC Drobot and the Battle Pack.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:25:05 21/10/2012 by wtrswoopes
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#16 Posted: 05:28:00 21/10/2012
Hmmm,
Seems I'm not the only one with the 'empty' walmarts.

-M
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#17 Posted: 05:28:42 21/10/2012
Two Walmarts and a Meijer and nobody had the 3DS version. I got a couple characters but the lame @$&!$& scalpers were already there before midnight with cart loads full of dozens of each character! sometimes I just really wanna punch those people in the face...
CoastyJimbo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#18 Posted: 05:29:44 21/10/2012
It took 40 minutes to find the stock... But I got PS3/3DS GITD Starters, all 3 Giants, the Battle Pack, and both 3 Packs. They couldn't find the singles at all.
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#19 Posted: 05:34:07 21/10/2012
What happened to all these stores supposedly getting lots of boxes of figures? I hope I can find Chill, Fright Rider & Swarm later today or I'm going to be very disappointed.
aad2201 Green Sparx Gems: 395
#20 Posted: 05:39:41 21/10/2012
I was lucky no scalpers, just me and 3 families. I was really hoping no scalpers would be out this time but it sounds like people keep running into them. They really piss me off, go get life. I was able to get all of Wave 1 figs, and a3ds starter pack. They didn't have Wii or ps3 starter packs. I made the guy check twice.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#21 Posted: 05:41:49 21/10/2012
I got there an hour early, was the first one there. I got to pick through everything I wanted (just a triple pack and two singles).
They only had one(1) PS3 starter pack, no other versions of the game. Several employees checked the back for others and found nothing.

For statistics sake, out of 4 sealed boxes of singles (12 per box), there were no variants (I really hope I don't have to hit up ebay for that petrified unicorn dragon).
---
#all Spyros are valid
Tnblue13 Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#22 Posted: 05:44:48 21/10/2012
Good news for those who missed out at Walmart, our local tRU mgr showed us his stock today and it was RIDIC how much they had!!!! So many so it shouldn't be a problem to find what you need...
---
smiliecynder:Zook:
tjmiller29 Gold Sparx Gems: 2422
#23 Posted: 05:46:28 21/10/2012
Got all 12 regular sized figures and three giants plus the starter pack for PS3. Missed the 6 piece pack. Gastonia, NC
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#24 Posted: 05:46:44 21/10/2012
Ok with very few stuff at Walmart, this worries me. And that fact many aren't showi up means more people at GameStop...
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#25 Posted: 05:50:16 21/10/2012
My wal-mart only had 2 of each figure except for the shroom-boom 3 pack. They had 4 or 5 of those. And luckily it was me and one other guy waiting at midnight. So they don't have any of the giants or new skylanders anymore b/c of him and me. Just the light core and series 2 poses.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
Yuckmouth Green Sparx Gems: 214
#26 Posted: 05:52:06 21/10/2012
Our Walmart had everything, including the "gamestop exclusive battle pack". I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's been avail at Sams Club all day. Anyway, got one of everything except the light cores. They had quite a lot of stock but most of it was S2 singles. I think there were only about 3-4 Fright Riders and I know I got one and a lady that was there took another.
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#27 Posted: 06:00:27 21/10/2012
Got my GITD Starter Pack and Swarm and Fright Rider
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Sackexchange Blue Sparx Gems: 802
#28 Posted: 06:01:28 21/10/2012
Just me and another father with his son. I had to hunt down an employee at midnight, cuz nothing was out. The employee let us go in the back and cherry pick what we wanted out of the boxes. I picked up Wii GITD starter pack, Bouncer, Swarm, Pop Fizz, Chill, Fright Rider and Dragon Fire pack. There were no variants of any kind. Also I didn't see any lightcores which isn't a big deal cuz I'm not interested. All the boxes were packed the same.
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#29 Posted: 06:08:42 21/10/2012
Can you please answer a question for me?

I ordered the PS3 GITD pack from Wal-Mart and the 3DS pack from Best Buy, to get their bonus.

Wondering if I messed up though--does the Wal-Mart GITD pack for the 3DS have a different character than the other stores?

I figured one GITD portal and one GITD Cynder is plenty, but it looks like there is an extra word on the Pop Fizz character label on the GITD 3DS pack and I can't quite make it out from the tiny photo online.

Any help appreciated!
#30 Posted: 06:11:04 21/10/2012
Everyone is getting that three pack, but the GameStop exclusive is a gold variant version of the dragonfire cannon.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#31 Posted: 06:12:34 21/10/2012
Just got the PS3 Starter and Pop Fizz and my nephew got S2 Slam Bam. There were 2 people in line and who were waiting when we got there. Then two more showed up. I got my stuff, one guy (who works at gamestop) got two starters, one guy got the Starter, all 3 giants, and a few singles. Last guy, spent $650. He put every giant they pulled out of the box into his cart. And when they first pulled the first box of giants they asked if we all wanted a choice of giants and the two guys, one who spent so much, they both looked at us and said they could share and grabbed one of each giant, which amounted to the whole box.

The guy working there was awesome though. I asked if there were any variants in the stock he kept in the back, so the other guy wouldn't buy them all, and he went and checked for me. Nothing. He kept a few boxes of the three packs, giants, and singles in the back. He also wheeled the cart behind the registers so the guy couldn't get anymore. One woman showed up later and the employee waited for the one guy to leave and pulled them out for her. Then me and the employee talked about how that guy was hitting up eBay the minute he got home. I want to get Granite Crusher, but I don't want to wake up so early. And see that scalper as well. Funny thing he didn't buy any of the starter packs with GITD Cynder. I thought for sure he would grab all those, surprise me.

Note: I wasn't even expecting to buy the game. I got caught up in the rush.

They had the following:
3 Terrafin
3 Slam Bam
4-5 Zook
4-5 Whirlwind
4-5 Chill
3 Pop Fizz
3 Fright Rider

About 10 of each Swarm, Bouncer, and Crusher.
About 6 of each LC Eruptor, Drobot, and Prism Break.
5 of each starter and POP.
About 5-6 of each three pack.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
L-Drobot 38 Green Sparx Gems: 156
#32 Posted: 07:35:54 21/10/2012
Just got back from my EPIC Walmart Midnight Madness. (Wasn't really a madness, though, we were first people and only 3 otehr groups of people showed up)

Got:
Crusher
Swarm
Bouncer
Fright Rider
Chill
Pop Fizz
Remodeled Trigger Happy
Remodeled Zook
Remodeled Ignitor
Remodeled Slam Bam
Remodeled Terrafin
Remodeled Whirlwind
Lightcore Drobot
Lightcore Prism Break
Lightcore Eruptor
(ONE OF EACH)
---
GEN III CNFRMD. MARIO KART 8 CNFRMD. AHHHHHHHHHH CNFRMD.
#33 Posted: 07:49:25 21/10/2012
finally got my starter pack, crusher, bouncer, and fright rider at the 3rd walmart, they had everything setup right, with the big display in the front of the store with the map that says GLOW on it. they had the giants and singles, but no triple packs or lightcores. when i walked in the store a guy was buying a BOX of skylanders "i just got 1 of everything" maybe he got all the triple packs i dunno.
im going to go to toys r us at 8am to take advantage of their sale and hopefully get the triple packs i want and the other giant.

i also noticed that the glow cynders they had were really crappily painted. all scuffed up, glow paint on the orange plastic. im glad i didnt buy the first box i grabbed that cynder was just scuff the hell up.
---
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#34 Posted: 08:38:42 21/10/2012
Just got back from Walmart picked up
Crusher
Swarm
Chill
Whirlwind
Pop Fizz
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#35 Posted: 09:07:15 21/10/2012
I was at Walmart at midnight. I could not believe we had around 12 people in line. We got everything except the LC figures which I'm betting is probably just at the back. I'm not worried and ordered them from toyrus.com. I got the XBox starter pack with the GITD Cynder. I'm in love with the giant figures. Crusher FTW! Played 1 chapter when we got home but I am too tired to play and I told my daughter we'll try to do 100% for each level to enjoy the full experience of the game.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#36 Posted: 09:13:55 21/10/2012
1 walmart got jack....the other was loaded. I was 1 of the 8 people that showed up. They had about 10 sets of each figure....and about 10 of each starter pack minus the glow in the dark 3DS portal pack...both locations were missing. I think they were all preorder purchased. So I preordered one to pick up at 10am tomorrow. The only had 4 sets of the light core figures. Waiting for the 3 pack of em.

I have no interest in the reposes to be honest...maybe will get em at TRU tomorrow...if it isn't pure chaos.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#37 Posted: 09:30:02 21/10/2012
I too feel the repose is not really worth the money unless you are a serious collector. I will buy them and keep them sealed for my collection but I don't see any point buying one to open and one keep. I will definitely have 2 of the newer figures but I'm not too worried about buying the sealed set now until I see how the distribution is. I'm pretty sure Activision has an idea of how many to produce and I'm not expecting any shortages just yet.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#38 Posted: 14:31:13 21/10/2012
My dad is going to a store or two to get the new characters and giants. I am also hoping he will visit toys r us, which is considered a trip to him, to get 2 of 3 of these guys: smilie smilie and smilie
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:38 21/10/2012 by zookinator
#39 Posted: 14:42:03 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
We're lucky- I was in a really small town with a nice community, so no scalpers. The worker was opening the, I don't know, 8 boxes filled with Giants, Singles, Battle Packs, and Triples right in front of us, so instead he let us pick and choose. There was plenty there and plenty left. I feel bad that some of you guys didn't get all you wanted. smilie
---
#40 Posted: 14:43:21 21/10/2012
But don't the new figures have some advantages, like a higher level cap, the ability to switch upgrade paths, and new wow pow powers?

I'm a little behind on my Skylanders news, so I'd appreciate some clarification. I don't want to just throw money out the window if there's nothing different aside from the figurine's pose, but am interested in getting them if there are in-game benefits.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#41 Posted: 14:45:07 21/10/2012
Quote: PocketGoddess
But don't the new figures have some advantages, like a higher level cap, the ability to switch upgrade paths, and new wow pow powers?

I'm a little behind on my Skylanders news, so I'd appreciate some clarification. I don't want to just throw money out the window if there's nothing different aside from the figurine's pose, but am interested in getting them if there are in-game benefits.

Well, the S2 reposes have an extra upgrade and the ability to switch upgrade paths on the fly, if that is what you are asking.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
cbunny84 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1403
#42 Posted: 14:45:38 21/10/2012
Oh please. My walmart are full of dumb a$$es that didn't even know when they were putting out the figures... this was Saturday by the way... she was like "the 28th... that's when it comes out don't it?" I'm like.... "tomorrow... the 21st" why is it that no one the knows games ever work in the electronic area? So I just skipped walmart. Didn't have exclusives anyways.
---
new edition: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#43 Posted: 16:30:40 21/10/2012
Sorry if this is off topic but, is it true that the new skylanders and giants won't be able to switch pathes?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#44 Posted: 16:32:42 21/10/2012
I hit at 6.
Natfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2192
#45 Posted: 16:35:17 21/10/2012
Quote: zookinator
Sorry if this is off topic but, is it true that the new skylanders and giants won't be able to switch pathes?

Yep, that is the truth. Only S2 will be able to switch paths.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#46 Posted: 21:56:35 21/10/2012
I went at nine am. The first Walmart had nothing but...
360 Starter GITD Pack
Wii Starter GITD Pack
Wii Portal Owner's Pack
PS3 Starter GITD Pack
And 1 single S2 Slam Bam.

But the second Walmart had it all. So, I was able to get all of my Day 1 wishes, which are...
Wii GITD Starter pack
Swarm
Pop Fizz
Chill
Fright Rider
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#47 Posted: 00:03:38 22/10/2012
All my Wal-Mart's close at midnight. Went at six am one other person was there waiting. I got to electronics they had everything but rock variants. Began slowly loading my cart with the figures I wanted. I noticed the other guy was throwing EVERYTHING into his cart. He started asking question about the "bigger size" figures and was honest about not knowing anything about skylanders. He even asked me where I was going next. I honestly told him camping at Target til 8am and he responded that he thougt he could hit another two Wal-marts by then. As I was leaving I noticed I didn't have Terrafin. I asked if I could have one of his. He looked like he was dying to say no. BUt I asked if he would at least count how many he had. He did not know who Terrafin was. I found one in his cart showed him he ended up counting four of them before he let me have one.

I had a day of adventures
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me