darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 44 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2151 Posted: 21:17:11 18/03/2013
Where is Voodood on Maurader in the tier list?
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#2152 Posted: 21:44:04 18/03/2013
Quote: ClayFace
Where is Voodood on Maurader in the tier list?

Voodood Maurader is in the A tier right now.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#2153 Posted: 21:51:10 18/03/2013
^ Seems about right.
Where is Slam Bam on Blizzard Brawler? I think he should move to S-Tier if he isn't already. He is fast and literally kills enemies in very few hits. He actually killed Sunburn (one of my favoriites) in three hits.
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#2154 Posted: 22:02:10 18/03/2013
"(Moved to the Giants forum)
While playing Skylanders Giants (Wii), with a first timer (to Skylanders, otherwise a veteran gamer who can beat anything), I noticed something.
He chose Eruptor, I chose S1 Terrafin (both max upgraded, on Eruption and Digging paths), and we chose Slime Pipe (big mistake, it's so slippery at points it can be hard to avoid eruptions). Expecting to pwn him, I took a dive underground and headed towards him. Imagine my shock (and defeat) when, once he erupted, the Lava actually pulled Terrafin out of the ground, where he promptly took damage. Eruptor is near-unapproachable as it is, and without the ability to go under him to damage him, I quickly lost (homing mini-sharks are overrated). Anyone else experienced this? Did the Beings of Avarice (Activision, that's my new pet name for them) put this in on purpose, so that Terrafin wouldn't be overpowered? I haven't tested it in other arenas, btw.
So what are your thoughts?

---
Ego Sceptum (that's my awesome anime-ish catchphrase smilie )!
Link to Doomslicer's Fanfic Guide to Skylands found in my profile!"

I think this is very interesting, and should be further tested. If this is true, this could possibly find a solid counter to Sandhog Terrafin! And to ClayFace, while Yes, Slam Bam is a very solid character, him beating Sunburn is kinda difficult to use as data due to the elemental advantage Slam Bam had against Sunburn. That being said, I DO think that Slam Bam is a very solid A character.
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#2155 Posted: 17:57:08 19/03/2013
Sheesh, why cant people click on the "page one" tab? Too lazy for that?
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2156 Posted: 18:36:14 19/03/2013
Maybe they don't want to scan the massive list this has now become.
#2157 Posted: 18:45:01 19/03/2013
So, lemme see: they dont wanna scan the list, so they ask so SOMEONE ELSE can do it for them. Totally not lazy.
#2158 Posted: 19:03:55 19/03/2013
Some people know the placements of certain characters. For example, would you forget that S1 Total tongue Wrecking ball is in E tier? Some people that tell others don't need to scan and know it off the top of their head.
#2159 Posted: 19:49:55 19/03/2013
This. ^
---
#2160 Posted: 01:32:42 20/03/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
Some people know the placements of certain characters. For example, would you forget that S1 Total tongue Wrecking ball is in E tier? Some people that tell others don't need to scan and know it off the top of their head.

No, because this tier list is pretty accurate to my personal one, and wrecking ball just plain stinks on total tongue.
#2161 Posted: 01:44:53 20/03/2013
Quote: X-Treme

No, because this tier list is pretty accurate to my personal one, and wrecking ball just plain stinks on total tongue.

um, that's exactly my point. You would know the placements....
#2162 Posted: 13:12:04 20/03/2013
Quote: X-Treme

um, that's exactly my point. You would know the placements....

Eh, fine. It just seems a little bit lazy to me.
#2163 Posted: 18:24:10 20/03/2013
Okay, yeah I agree with that, but to some people it is no problem remembering the tier rankings and not even needing to look at the list.
#2164 Posted: 20:30:04 20/03/2013
Any more Ninjini testing?
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2165 Posted: 20:32:31 20/03/2013
no. shutyour yaps
---
you never saw me
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2166 Posted: 20:58:59 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
---

EgoNaut's Revolutionary Guide to Finding a Tier Placement Without Having to Ask Someone Else:

Step 1: Go to page 1 of the tier list thread.

Step 2: Click the "Reveal Spoiler" button above the tier list itself to make the list visible.

Step 3: Press Ctrl-F

Step 4: In the box that appears, type in the name of a Skylander you want to search for, or the name of one of its paths provided you can spell that path's name right.

Step 5: Two-to-four entires on the tier list should now be highlighted. Cycle through them until you find the specific entry you were looking for.

---
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:02:37 20/03/2013 by EgoNaut
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#2167 Posted: 22:55:49 20/03/2013
Quote:
In the box that appears, type in the name of a Skylander you want to search for, or the name of one of its paths provided you can spell that path's name right.

Not that it matters too much, but you got 2 of the names wrong for smilie and smilie's paths.

For Jet Vac his path is called Vac-Packateer, you missed the "Vac" part.

For Ligtning Rod (both series), his Grand Lightning path is called Lord of the Lightning, not Lightning Lord. You misplaced the words and missed 2.

Not that important, but just saying. If they wanna find it and do spell it right, they're probably gonna miss it if they're still too lazy to find it themselves.
---
Fins, of fury!
#2168 Posted: 20:37:28 21/03/2013
Quote: I-Brawler
no. shutyour yaps

Geez, sorry... didn't know I was annoying you.... smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:49 21/03/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2169 Posted: 21:22:24 21/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: LightSpyro13
Quote:
In the box that appears, type in the name of a Skylander you want to search for, or the name of one of its paths provided you can spell that path's name right.

Not that it matters too much, but you got 2 of the names wrong for smilie and smilie's paths.

For Jet Vac his path is called Vac-Packateer, you missed the "Vac" part.

For Ligtning Rod (both series), his Grand Lightning path is called Lord of the Lightning, not Lightning Lord. You misplaced the words and missed 2.

Not that important, but just saying. If they wanna find it and do spell it right, they're probably gonna miss it if they're still too lazy to find it themselves.

That's quite helpful to know actually. Thanks! smilie

Is it Vac-Packateer or Vac-Packeteer?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#2170 Posted: 22:59:47 21/03/2013
My bad, it's Vac Packeeteer, with an E instead of an A.
---
Fins, of fury!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:12 21/03/2013 by LightSpyro13
#2171 Posted: 12:45:23 23/03/2013
Does anyone know when S2 Drobot will come out? Or has he already been released?
---
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#2172 Posted: 15:58:49 23/03/2013
^not out yet.

after a good amount of testing, I believe that both Ninjini's paths are A tire.
what dos everyone else think?
lets get her out of the unsorted list people!
#2173 Posted: 17:09:57 23/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Any recommendations people can throw at me about either of Ninjini's paths will help at this point in placing her in the list. I just need people to be specific about what tier they think she should go in, but then back their verdicts up with the reasons why she should be in that tier and not the tier below or the tier above.
---
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#2174 Posted: 10:10:25 24/03/2013
Swords of Might, definitively A tire.
Damage is high, and her "reach" is pretty far.
Her "Wishbladesplosion" attack hits pretty hard.

Ancient Djinn Magic is going to be "lower" A tire
Bottle Rockets are weak and don't have a whole lot of range, and her bottle movement speed is still kinda slow
but shes still way to good for B
#2175 Posted: 13:11:23 24/03/2013
I'm going to say Swords of Might Ninjini for B-tier.

Also, Lightning Rod on Lord of the Lightning is D-tier? That's pretty low for a great character, I think it should be moved to S-tier (or at least A-tier) because the Grand Lightning attack is EXTREMELY powerful (The only downside is you can't move while using it).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:15:05 24/03/2013 by ClayFace
#2176 Posted: 14:35:17 24/03/2013
Yes, but that's not the only downside.

*He is awful up close on this path. Any brawler can pound him to the ground

*Ranged attackers can also get the best of him. The only good ranged attack he has on this path is his A attack which only does 17 damage I believe? And the upgrade that makes them stick into the target is useless because it only does 3 damage twice, for a total of 6 damage, which barely makes a difference.

*2 upgrades on this path increase the damage, so in the end it does 32(?) damage in the end. But you can barely hit your target with it, because it moves SO SLOW!

So in the end, it is definitely not the worst path in the game (by PvP standards). But there are a lot of things Activision could have done to really step it up a little bit.
---
#2177 Posted: 15:06:02 24/03/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster24
Yes, but that's not the only downside.

*He is awful up close on this path. Any brawler can pound him to the ground

*Ranged attackers can also get the best of him. The only good ranged attack he has on this path is his A attack which only does 17 damage I believe? And the upgrade that makes them stick into the target is useless because it only does 3 damage twice, for a total of 6 damage, which barely makes a difference.

*2 upgrades on this path increase the damage, so in the end it does 32(?) damage in the end. But you can barely hit your target with it, because it moves SO SLOW!

So in the end, it is definitely not the worst path in the game (by PvP standards). But there are a lot of things Activision could have done to really step it up a little bit.

S2 Lightning rod/Lord of the lightning is not horrible at close range though. The wow pow "Big bolt!" is actually a surprisingly good way to repel melee characters, and then open up a gap for setting up your grand lightning. I preferred Typhoon titan for S1 Lightning rod because he REALYY REALLY needed some up close force, and Typhoon titan gave that, but for S2 you can balance him out with a powerful ranged and close range attack, and that I believe does make him deserve a bump like Clayface said.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#2178 Posted: 15:55:19 24/03/2013
The problem is that his grand lightning can be interrupted, making the path kinda useless unless you are fighting horrible characters
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#2179 Posted: 16:39:47 24/03/2013
Something that I find really helps that, is to get on a higher eleveation than your enemy, using the grand lightning to chase them down. If they run away that's not a bad thing, that's just giving you time to prepare another attack, such as the big bolt, which helps when you are on the same elevation.
#2180 Posted: 18:30:13 24/03/2013
Something that I find really helps that, is to get on a higher eleveation than your enemy, using the grand lightning to chase them down. If they run away that's not a bad thing, that's just giving you time to prepare another attack, such as the big bolt, which helps when you are on the same elevation.

Yes, but this makes LR very arena dependent. If there is no elevation, that could cause trouble. And one single teeny weeny attack interrupts his Grand Lightning attack. One single golden bullet!
---
#2181 Posted: 19:53:18 24/03/2013
I've never been interrupted by something as weak as Trigger happy's golden bullets, interesting.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#2182 Posted: 19:55:50 24/03/2013
Quote: DraculauraXXX
Swords of Might, definitively A tire.
Damage is high, and her "reach" is pretty far.
Her "Wishbladesplosion" attack hits pretty hard.

Ancient Djinn Magic is going to be "lower" A tire
Bottle Rockets are weak and don't have a whole lot of range, and her bottle movement speed is still kinda slow
but shes still way to good for B

I totally agree with this. Neither path has the "broken" qualities necessary for S; in fact, both perform very poorly there. On the other hand, B really is way too low for a character like Ninjini. I'll try to give everyone a rundown of Vhraina's and my results with the character when time permits, but Draculaura hit the nail on the head here.
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#2183 Posted: 00:49:33 25/03/2013
thanks Tashiji, that means allot coming from you! smilie

you really should post another pvp path recommendation list, like you did last year.
just a list, no need to explain anything, we can just ask about the stuff that we question.

I want to post one myself, but I want to wait till Drobot comes out first.
I wish he would hurry it up already, I been thinking about how to organize it for a while.

Im only going to bother listing the 24 series 2 skylanders, and the 16 new ones.
since for series 1 skylanders, the best path in SSA is still the best path in Giants. (example: Channeler was the best path for series 1 smilie in SSA, and still is the best for series 1 in Giants)
Zap might be the only exception. and maybe Chop Chop.

and while were on the subject, I believe very few Series 2 Skylanders have there "better" path something different then there series 1 counterpart.
(example: Channeler is both the best path for series 1 smilie and series 2 smilie)
the only 3 skylanders that I think had there "better" path changed because of the wow pow are:
Spyro (I know there pretty much equal, but I just seem to pull off more damage with Sheep Burner)
Zap (because of the nerf)
Lightning Rod (he really needed a decent medium range attack)
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 01:15:30 25/03/2013 by DraculauraXXX
#2184 Posted: 01:18:50 25/03/2013
I plan to, but I've been uber busy in the real world this year. With yesterday's speaking engagement out of the way, though, I'll have a little time to devote to Skylanders this week. I'm thinking a one-to-two sentence justification is more than enough for most path choices this time around. The majority is pretty clear-cut.
#2185 Posted: 10:55:17 25/03/2013
A Tier for Ninjini both paths! smilie
---
#2186 Posted: 16:10:14 26/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I'll wait another day or two for any other opinions to pop up, but other than that I should be putting both of Ninjini's paths in A Tier fairly soon, at least preliminarily.
---
Teratron Yellow Sparx Gems: 1796
#2187 Posted: 21:45:36 26/03/2013
Quote: Tashiji
I plan to, but I've been uber busy in the real world this year. With yesterday's speaking engagement out of the way, though, I'll have a little time to devote to Skylanders this week. I'm thinking a one-to-two sentence justification is more than enough for most path choices this time around. The majority is pretty clear-cut.

As a late starter to Skylanders, I have to say I found your SSA recommendation list very helpful in making my own decisions. I imagine a similar Giants list will likewise greatly help the continuing influx of people discovering the franchise.

I do agree that most of the characters need very little said about them. Most have a clear tier separation between their paths, and a simple explanation of why that separation exists is entirely sufficient. It's primarily the characters whose paths are very close - especially when they occupy the same tier - where I found the more substantial explanations to be very helpful. Characters like Hot Head, Flashwing, Cynder, Camo, etc.
#2188 Posted: 23:14:47 26/03/2013
Quote: Teratron
Quote: Tashiji

As a late starter to Skylanders, I have to say I found your SSA recommendation list very helpful in making my own decisions. I imagine a similar Giants list will likewise greatly help the continuing influx of people discovering the franchise.

I do agree that most of the characters need very little said about them. Most have a clear tier separation between their paths, and a simple explanation of why that separation exists is entirely sufficient. It's primarily the characters whose paths are very close - especially when they occupy the same tier - where I found the more substantial explanations to be very helpful. Characters like Hot Head, Flashwing, Cynder, Camo, etc.

This x10. And for Hot Head, I don't know if this is just me, but on The Burninator, does the upgrade "Fossil Fuel" remind you of Warnado's Wind Elemental upgrade, in that they both bring an attack to life? Obviously, The Burninator is still, better, but I just thought they were similar.
---
#2189 Posted: 00:15:52 27/03/2013
Yeah, the idea is kind of similar. Now if you could remote control the oil blobs on the Burninator....
#2190 Posted: 10:47:51 27/03/2013
LOL! ^

And after I say this, please don't anyone attack me saying NO! But I suggest S2 Volcanor to A Tier BECAUSE with all of the Melee characters in A Tier, he could pose a real threat! smilie
---
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#2191 Posted: 14:29:29 27/03/2013
From a personal stance, I want to agree with that. His wow pow works wonders in closing the gap, and his eruptions lay a lot of AOE damage quickly. Unfortunately, A-tier happens to be filled with quite a few heavy hitters against his element in Slam Bam, Wham-Shell, Chill, & Thumpback. Then he's up against the other giants that can either out-damage him (Tree Rex) or keep away while staying on offense (Swarm). His speed doesn't do him any favors either.

Like I said, I want to agree, I'd just like to hear more opinions for or against a bump upward before I can feel confident in doing so. He's a monster in the right hands, which is an A-worthy trait for sure, but I think he may lose more than he wins in the with the rest.

Also, is there something I missed regarding Flame Lord Sunburn being A-tier? I've used him quite a lot and the results haven't been impressive. There's too much stop 'n go in his offense and other characters are much better at laying down AOE or mid-range damage.
#2192 Posted: 20:14:02 27/03/2013
Quote: DocCroc
From a personal stance, I want to agree with that. His wow pow works wonders in closing the gap, and his eruptions lay a lot of AOE damage quickly. Unfortunately, A-tier happens to be filled with quite a few heavy hitters against his element in Slam Bam, Wham-Shell, Chill, & Thumpback. Then he's up against the other giants that can either out-damage him (Tree Rex) or keep away while staying on offense (Swarm). His speed doesn't do him any favors either.

Like I said, I want to agree, I'd just like to hear more opinions for or against a bump upward before I can feel confident in doing so. He's a monster in the right hands, which is an A-worthy trait for sure, but I think he may lose more than he wins in the with the rest.

Also, is there something I missed regarding Flame Lord Sunburn being A-tier? I've used him quite a lot and the results haven't been impressive. There's too much stop 'n go in his offense and other characters are much better at laying down AOE or mid-range damage.

Yeah, people have not mentioned smilie for a while. He's one of the few S1 characters to remain in the same tier. Any other thoughts on him?
#2193 Posted: 23:19:58 27/03/2013
Flame Lord needs to move down in my opinion.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2194 Posted: 00:29:41 28/03/2013
I agree that Eruptor's Volcano should be bumped up. As i posted in another topic, it even brings Terrafin out of the ground, and (didn't post this though) reflects Wrecking Ball's force field. He is the top melee, and I let my kid sister (who's terrible) play levels with him and actually survive, a feat no other lander has yet to accomplish.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#2195 Posted: 04:50:57 28/03/2013
Chalk up another for Volcanor in A. He does have a lot of weaknesses there, with the plentiful Water types, Prism Break, L.L. Tree Rex, and Zook being chief among them. However, he really mops the floor with the characters he's not outright weak to for the most part. Sure, there are plenty of fights he'll lose just as badly, but his dominance in the battles he takes is beyond what a B-tier guy should be capable of doing to A-tier opponents.

Personally, I also see nothing wrong with moving Sunburn down. A-tier has really solidified since we last discussed him, and like Crusher and others, he's showing his age. Anyone else have experience here?
#2196 Posted: 10:48:39 28/03/2013
Phew, I'm glad you guys agree with me!

And in regards of Sunburn, Mine is currently set on Blaze Dragon, and while, yes, it CAN be very powerful, it is like Trigger Happy's Golden Yamato Blast. Very powerful, but takes a while to charge, and slows you down. I really like Sunburn, but he should be B Tier.

EDIT: Does anyone have a clear choice on which path is better for PvP for Hot HEad? And how does his soulgem work in PvP.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:54:46 28/03/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2197 Posted: 19:04:41 28/03/2013
For Hot head I would say go Burninator for pvp, but both paths are very even.
#2198 Posted: 19:25:24 28/03/2013
Interesting... and how does the Sizzle Shower work? Is it close ranged? Long Ranged?

EDIT: Disregard my comment about Blaze Dragon Sunburn. I didn't realize he was already in C! Hehehe...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:33:22 28/03/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2199 Posted: 20:24:04 28/03/2013
Sizzle shower is a close ranged attack.
#2200 Posted: 00:17:02 29/03/2013
Do you happen to know how much damage it does? The meteor?
---
First | Previous | Page 44 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me