darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 43 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2101 Posted: 18:29:46 15/03/2013
Actually, I would say Lightning lord on S2 L rod. The wow pow acts as a surprisingly good CLOSE range deterrant and so it helps him set up for his powerful grand lightning, which most opponents cannot always handle. I reall think he could go to B tier on this path. For S1 L rod I liked typhoon titan, mostly because he needed close range power REALLY REALLY badly, and typhoon titan gave him a great close range attack that stuns, and racks up damage fast. I have yet to try my S2 L rod on TT, but I think lord of the lightning S2 is much more useful with the wow pow than people give him credit for, and could make it up to B tier.
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#2102 Posted: 23:29:58 15/03/2013
Quote: EgoNaut
All this stuff to do with Ninjini is sounding good so far! I feel I could do with is some information on Ninjini's upgrade paths now. What can they do and how do they compare with eachother?

EDIT: Also...

• Spyro S2 / Sheep Burner placed in C Tier.
  • Spyro S2 / Blitz Spyro placed in C Tier.

Ninjini's First path is Swords of Might:

Upgrade One: Wishblade Combos: Sword Fling is kind of useless on regular sized skylanders due to the extreme thinness of her swords. Her other combo is Enchanted Sword, which I don't know a real whole lot about.

Upgrade Two: Wishbladesplosion: It's rather strange, and reminds me of Swarm's super charge.

Upgrade Three: Ultimate Wishblade: Just increases the damage. Nothing Much

Ninjini's Second Path is Ancient Djinn Magic:

Upgrade One: Ultimate Bottle Rockets: The rockets launch faster, do increased damage, and affect a greater area. It's a useful upgrade, and it really helps to shoot rockets faster.

Upgrade Two: Super Surrealistic Spheres: Orbs do increased damage and affect a greater area. Very useful in my opinion.

Upgrade Three: Buy a Better Bottle: Bottle is stronger and moves faster. The extra speed is great, but it doesn't make it all that stronger...

---

Overall, I think that Ancient Djinn Magic is far more versatile than Swords of Might Path. Hope that helped! smilie
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:13:50 16/03/2013 by GhostRoaster24
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#2103 Posted: 04:15:42 16/03/2013
Quote: Tashiji
The multi-charge is a lot harder to hit than it sounds. It's not damage you'll be collecting on very often, because it's faster and less controllable than Ghost Roaster's, requires some running to even get started, and doesn't last as long. Even if you're trying for it, you won't hit it a whole heck of a lot.

As for Rod, I prefer Typhoon Titan. The path was considered weak in S:SA because it lacked a strong, mid-range attack, and the Wow Pow takes care of that. Now that TT has something to do against opposition that isn't right in his face, he can actually live up to some of the potential people saw in his zapper cloud/shield combo. Lightning Lord is still pretty close to as good, you just won't really use the Wow Pow very often, so there's no particular perk that makes having the S2 figure especially worthwhile on that path.

you really should post another path recommendation list, like you did last year.
no need to explain anything, we can just ask about the stuff that we question.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:16:46 16/03/2013 by DraculauraXXX
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#2104 Posted: 08:01:04 16/03/2013
Quote: X-Treme
Quote: LightSpyro13

I'm just tired of ls13 flaming me.

I'm not flaming, your amoeba-sized brain (smallest animal in the world) just makes you paranoid. If you wanna see a real flamer, just look in a mirror smilie

You just go OMG U R BIASED EVERYTING U SAY IS RONG I JUST GONNA B IDIOT.

and then you dont even read my posts. Typical troll.

It certainly isn't my fault you're actually being biased (yes I know I did make a remark about it, don't remind me), you're just mad and don't wanna admit that its true, and you'll stoop to trying to shed the searchlights on me. All I said was you have a reputation for being biased, you just went berserk and sparked this into a war. Previously naming yourself Thumpterra is one clue smilie and then you snarling at me once for saying his attacks are slow.
---
Fins, of fury!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2105 Posted: 12:17:57 16/03/2013
X-Treme, knock it off!
LightSpyro13, I don't think Thumpback's attacks are slow, but I can see why you might say that.

I don't get why people don't give Sunburn, Lightning Rod, and Double Trouble enough credit. Lord of the Lightning, Channeler, and Blaze Dragon are insanely powerful paths.
I think they should all go into S-Tier if they are not already.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:40 16/03/2013 by ClayFace
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#2106 Posted: 14:33:01 16/03/2013

I'm not flaming, your amoeba-sized brain (smallest animal in the world) just makes you paranoid. If you wanna see a real flamer, just look in a mirror smilie

You just go OMG U R BIASED EVERYTING U SAY IS RONG I JUST GONNA B IDIOT.

and then you dont even read my posts. Typical troll.

It certainly isn't my fault you're actually being biased (yes I know I did make a remark about it, don't remind me), you're just mad and don't wanna admit that its true, and you'll stoop to trying to shed the searchlights on me. All I said was you have a reputation for being biased, you just went berserk and sparked this into a war. Previously naming yourself Thumpterra is one clue smilie and then you snarling at me once for saying his attacks are slow.

There you go again. Go back, and READ my post. Its not that hard. Well, looking at the intelligence of YOUR posts, maybe it is.
#2107 Posted: 14:34:06 16/03/2013
Channeler is in S tier, as it was in SSA.
I think lord of the lightning could go up, but S tier seems too far.
I never tried blaze dragon.
#2108 Posted: 14:59:36 16/03/2013
FOR THE FINAL TIME, X-TREME, KNOCK IT OFF!
#2109 Posted: 15:01:51 16/03/2013
Quote: ClayFace
FOR THE FINAL TIME, X-TREME, KNOCK IT OFF!

Well, i am NOT going to knock it off, because LS13 hasn't read my full post yet.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#2110 Posted: 15:06:39 16/03/2013
^ No offense but how are you going to say what he saw or didn't see? Maybe he read it and didn't think it was worth his time to answer you, just my thought, and thumpy's attacks are kinda slow
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#2111 Posted: 15:11:30 16/03/2013
Quote: flashwingftw
^ No offense but how are you going to say what he saw or didn't see? Maybe he read it and didn't think it was worth his time to answer you, just my thought, and thumpy's attacks are kinda slow

Well, so are ninjini's.
#2112 Posted: 15:20:05 16/03/2013
^ have you ever played with her?
---
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#2113 Posted: 15:26:32 16/03/2013

Lol, that's what I have been wondering too.
#2114 Posted: 15:31:15 16/03/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises

Lol, that's what I have been wondering too.

Yes, her melee attacks are slow, and her bottle is slow. The orbs have kind of a fast pace, but not really.
#2115 Posted: 15:48:49 16/03/2013
The bottle is almost a useless attack on the sword path, the orbs are useful, but I don't find her melee slow at all, in fact she seems to strike fast, guess it depends on the system, I play on the wii, is she your ninjini or is it a friends and is she fully upgraded?
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#2116 Posted: 15:57:02 16/03/2013
The bottle is almost a useless attack on the sword path, the orbs are useful, but I don't find her melee slow at all, in fact she seems to strike fast, guess it depends on the system, I play on the wii, is she your ninjini or is it a friends and is she fully upgraded?

Mine, fully upgraded sword path, i guess she strikes KINDA fast, the short range is another thing.
#2117 Posted: 16:37:24 16/03/2013
I don't have a problem with the range, swords like that are mostly used up close anyway, what system do u play on?
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#2118 Posted: 17:25:12 16/03/2013
I don't have a problem with the range, swords like that are mostly used up close anyway, what system do u play on?

Xbox.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2119 Posted: 18:30:20 16/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster24
All this stuff to do with Ninjini is sounding good so far! I feel I could do with is some information on Ninjini's upgrade paths now. What can they do and how do they compare with eachother?

Upgrade One: Wishblade Combos: Sword Fling is kind of useless on regular sized skylanders due to the extreme thinness of her swords. Her other combo is Enchanted Sword, which I don't know a real whole lot about.

Upgrade Two: Wishbladesplosion: It's rather strange, and reminds me of Swarm's super charge.

Upgrade One: Ultimate Bottle Rockets: The rockets launch faster, do increased damage, and affect a greater area. It's a useful upgrade, and it really helps to shoot rockets faster.

Upgrade Two: Super Surrealistic Spheres: Orbs do increased damage and affect a greater area. Very useful in my opinion.

Upgrade Three: Buy a Better Bottle: Bottle is stronger and moves faster. The extra speed is great, but it doesn't make it all that stronger...

---

Overall, I think that Ancient Djinn Magic is far more versatile than Swords of Might Path. Hope that helped! smilie

That's quite useful information, actually. Thanks! smilie

@LightSpyro13 and X-Treme: Stop arguing, or just do it in PMs if you have to. This thread is for constructive discussion, it's not a place for people to hurl insults at eachother.

EDIT: @flashwingftw and X-Treme: I am inclined to say that what console the game is played on shouldn't affect anything. I have faith that Toys For Bob created a "unified code" for all versions when they made 'Giants.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:35:05 16/03/2013 by EgoNaut
#2120 Posted: 19:07:01 16/03/2013

---

That's quite useful information, actually. Thanks! smilie

@LightSpyro13 and X-Treme: Stop arguing, or just do it in PMs if you have to. This thread is for constructive discussion, it's not a place for people to hurl insults at eachother.

EDIT: @flashwingftw and X-Treme: I am inclined to say that what console the game is played on shouldn't affect anything. I have faith that Toys For Bob created a "unified code" for all versions when they made 'Giants.

Don't mention it! smilie I'm going to try to get my hands on a Ninjini as soon as possible, so I can get some real testing in on her! smilie
---
#2121 Posted: 20:51:46 16/03/2013
X-Treme, knock it off!
LightSpyro13, I don't think Thumpback's attacks are slow, but I can see why you might say that.

I don't get why people don't give Sunburn, Lightning Rod, and Double Trouble enough credit. Lord of the Lightning, Channeler, and Blaze Dragon are insanely powerful paths.
I think they should all go into S-Tier if they are not already.

Dunno about smilie (doesn't look like S-material though judging by gameplay vids I saw, looks like you can just destroy the Grand Lightning by hitting him), but Channeler is already in S tier. You must be confusing it with Conjuror, the Clones path.

As for Blaze Dragon Sunburn... No just no! He moves WAY too slow when he gets the Grand Blaze to be S-tier, and you can still get hurt by most attacks even though you're all fiery and stuff. His flamethrower ticks LOTS of damage, but when your opponent escapes you have to start all over just to catch them, your flamethrower takes a while to get strong and when it does, greatly decelerates you. He moves so slowly even Prism Break (2nd slowest guy in the game) can outrun him with relative ease. Not only that, but his other 2 attacks are really useless and do fairly low damage. He has mediocre-to-extremely low speed, average health and armor, and low versatility. He's overall very annoying to play as.

But speaking of Sunburp, I think we may need to drop is Flame Lord path down to B or maybe even C. The teleportation damage is still too low and is tricky to use around slopes.
---
Fins, of fury!
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#2122 Posted: 21:02:10 16/03/2013
Flame Lord is actually allot better on the Giants engine compared to SSA
#2123 Posted: 21:11:20 16/03/2013
I wasn't sure what tier Channeler (the bomb and staff path) was in so I said it should move up there if it isn't in it.
Lightning Rod is weak at first but becomes insanely powerful on Lord of the Lightning. The only problem is you can't move while using it.
Sunburn is slow while using it, but him turning on fire helps it.
#2124 Posted: 21:12:38 16/03/2013
Even then, the damage is still too low for A tier. While Flame Lord does have its perks in comparision to Blaze Dragon, there is still nothing "very good that isn't broken" about it. Real examples are-

-Swift Speed and Melee Attacks: Stealth Elf and Fright Rider

-High HP and High Armor while still some good melee attacks: Thumpback and Crusher

- Rapid Fire Projectiles and other useful attacks: Stump Smash, Bouncer, Drobot,

- High damage close range attacks with great armor- Slam Bam, Chill, and Wham Shell
---
Fins, of fury!
#2125 Posted: 21:14:11 16/03/2013
I didn't say anything about Flame Lord. I tried it and it is weak in my opinion.
#2126 Posted: 23:40:17 16/03/2013
Even then, the damage is still too low for A tier. While Flame Lord does have its perks in comparision to Blaze Dragon, there is still nothing "very good that isn't broken" about it. Real examples are-

-High HP and High Armor while still some good melee attacks: Thumpback and Crusher

- Rapid Fire Projectiles and other useful attacks: Stump Smash, Bouncer, Drobot,

- High damage close range attacks with great armor- Slam Bam, Chill, and Wham Shell

Yes, but he does have somewhat swift speed on this path! Plus, he has a very quick, easy escape maneuver! Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't he be played in a similar manner to Pyromancer Flameslinger? Just escaping, and slowly, but surely, chipping away at the opponents HP?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:17 16/03/2013 by GhostRoaster24
#2127 Posted: 23:48:59 16/03/2013

Yes, but he does have somewhat swift speed on this path! Plus, he has a very quick, easy escape maneuver! Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't he be played in a similar manner to Pyromancer Flameslinger? Just escaping, and slowly, but surely, chipping away at the opponents HP?

There are lots of quicker skylanders. And sunburn has to get really close to deal any kind of damage, so it's impracticle to play as him that way.
#2128 Posted: 02:10:35 17/03/2013
Who agrees that S2 Whirlwind/Ultimate rainbower should move up? I'm certainly in favor of it. The truth is that Ultimate rainbower benefits from the wow pow in some ways that Tempest dragon does not. The rainbows shot from the clouds do 22 damage rather than 16, which is pretty decent. She can take flight and play keep away by shooting clouds and subsequently firing a rainbow to fire off rainbows around her that deal 22 damage a piece. Shooting two rainbows at once also helps a lot with her range, and both of the rainbows can hit at once! Your opponent will get knocked around a lot. Just seeing her in D tier with S1 Ultimate rainbower is to me a total head-scratcher. The wow pow gives her the strength to wreck many D tier faces, like Gearhead Sprocket, and Forest Ninja stealth elf. I'd say B tier for her. She is a much more powerful keep away artist than people give her credit for.
#2129 Posted: 02:48:21 17/03/2013
^ Ok, while I do agree that it should be moved up (something I was trying to do the whole time), B tier is still too high. I say C tier instead. You forgot to look at the flaws and what is wrong with her on this path.

The damage for the rainbow only increases by 6, 16 to 22 is not much of an improvement dude. Flying is not gonna be too useful because there are still other characters with better ways of going faster than she does, flying is pretty much a waste of an upgrade for most of the dragon characters (besides Spyro and Cynder). The clouds are too small to be able to hit your opponent when you're trying to fly away, its best to just shoot it directly at them when close by (though you can extend the range by holding down the 2nd attack button). I can just walk around the clouds and chase after you without touching them (I guess its because you can only have 3 clouds active at a time, which is rather disappointing), they are too small and short-ranged to get me. They can explode into rainbows and hit me, but it only does 22 measly damage (33 with critical hits) and yet again, you can only have 3 at a time.

Quote:
Shooting two rainbows at once also helps a lot with her range, and both of the rainbows can hit at once! Your opponent will get knocked around a lot.

Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong but from my experience; no you can't, I just tried that right now on at least 5 characters in different arenas and that did not work even once, only 1 one of the 2 rainbows hit them. Knocking them around constantly is one of the things preventing that from happening, I even tried it on Eye Brawl and it still.

The damage output is still too low for B tier, but the Wow Pow still makes it too high for D tier. I don't think you're being biased, but I'm thinking you're either just really good, or your opponent is pretty bad.
---
Fins, of fury!
#2130 Posted: 03:49:05 17/03/2013
^ Ok, while I do agree that it should be moved up (something I was trying to do the whole time), B tier is still too high. I say C tier instead. You forgot to look at the flaws and what is wrong with her on this path.

The damage for the rainbow only increases by 6, 16 to 22 is not much of an improvement dude. Flying is not gonna be too useful because there are still other characters with better ways of going faster than she does, flying is pretty much a waste of an upgrade for most of the dragon characters (besides Spyro and Cynder). The clouds are too small to be able to hit your opponent when you're trying to fly away, its best to just shoot it directly at them when close by (though you can extend the range by holding down the 2nd attack button). I can just walk around the clouds and chase after you without touching them (I guess its because you can only have 3 clouds active at a time, which is rather disappointing), they are too small and short-ranged to get me. They can explode into rainbows and hit me, but it only does 22 measly damage (33 with critical hits) and yet again, you can only have 3 at a time.

Quote:
Shooting two rainbows at once also helps a lot with her range, and both of the rainbows can hit at once! Your opponent will get knocked around a lot.

Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong but from my experience; no you can't, I just tried that right now on at least 5 characters in different arenas and that did not work even once, only 1 one of the 2 rainbows hit them. Knocking them around constantly is one of the things preventing that from happening, I even tried it on Eye Brawl and it still.

The damage output is still too low for B tier, but the Wow Pow still makes it too high for D tier. I don't think you're being biased, but I'm thinking you're either just really good, or your opponent is pretty bad.

6 damage is a fine increase in my opinion kay? The clouds are not what you are going to be using to make your oppoment cry, like you would on Tempest dragon, it's the rainbows. You can send rainbows flying around the screen like nobody's business, and when each rainbow is dealing 22 damage it works well for me As for flight, Whirlwind's flight is not a waste for her in my opinion. It is a boring upgrade, but it has more use for her than it seems. She doesn't move much faster, but flight is consistent so if you keep it on you CAN out run your opponent, I mean its not like Bash can hold down attack 2 to pulver roll as long as he wants. My opponents (2 different people) are around equal skill to me, although everyone is better as certain characters than another. Also, in regards to flight, her armor increases too, which makes a nice addition to slightly higher speed. But at least we can agree she deserves to move up, either way. Someone sound the Egonaut alarm!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:10:54 17/03/2013 by Mrmorrises
#2131 Posted: 04:16:27 17/03/2013
It still does not matter, there's no rule that says I can't make an OBJECTION! to another opinion now is there? I don't think anyone else would find 6 damage boost that fine, considering how some characters were placed low or dropped down for close damage boost (Jet-Vac is one of them), she still isn't fast or damaging enough to compete with many the B tiers. I mean in comparision to Tempest Dragon, its almost completely (if not absolutely) inferior.

Quote:
You can send rainbows flying around the screen like nobody's business

Nu uh, you can only have 3 freaking clouds at a time and each one only shoots 1 rainbow. Even if you shoot a cloud yourself and make it burst into 2 rainbows, they spread out too far apart for both of them to hit at once and once again, only a measly 22 damage. Not only that, but the rainbows are just short-to-medium ranged and their damage output is pretty darn low compared to other ones, it's not even rapid fire like Magmantor Eruptor (who'd totally OBLITERATE her, one of the things blocking her from beyond C tier).

The rainbow vortex is still useless and the Wow Pow won't help with that; needs to be charged up, drastically slows you down (even when you're flying), and travels slowly and is easy to evade. Even if it hits, it does mediocre damage and is a lot like Thumpback's Whirlpool combo, only it doesn't leave her vulnerable and does slightly less damage.

She belongs in C tier tops.
---
Fins, of fury!
#2132 Posted: 04:42:02 17/03/2013
It still does not matter, there's no rule that says I can't make an OBJECTION! to another opinion now is there? I don't think anyone else would find 6 damage boost that fine, considering how some characters were placed low or dropped down for close damage boost (Jet-Vac is one of them), she still isn't fast or damaging enough to compete with many the B tiers. I mean in comparision to Tempest Dragon, its almost completely (if not absolutely) inferior.

Quote:

Nu uh, you can only have 3 freaking clouds at a time and each one only shoots 1 rainbow. Even if you shoot a cloud yourself and make it burst into 2 rainbows, they spread out too far apart for both of them to hit at once and once again, only a measly 22 damage. Not only that, but the rainbows are just short-to-medium ranged and their damage output is pretty darn low compared to other ones, it's not even rapid fire like Magmantor Eruptor (who'd totally OBLITERATE her, one of the things blocking her from beyond C tier).

The rainbow vortex is still useless and the Wow Pow won't help with that; needs to be charged up, drastically slows you down (even when you're flying), and travels slowly and is easy to evade. Even if it hits, it does mediocre damage and is a lot like Thumpback's Whirlpool combo, only it doesn't leave her vulnerable and does slightly less damage.

What the hell? I never said ya couldn't make an objection.
For a lobbing projectile 6 damage isn't that bad. Pop fizz's potion lob attack only gets 4 extra damage on the Mad scientist path, for example, and don't get me started on the abysmal damage magmantor deals. What I meant by "send rainbows flying around the screen like nobody's business" was that you can create a cloud and then immediately after, fire off your double rainbow mortart to send more rainbows. I never mentioned the rainbow vortex.....but yes it is a waste of an upgrade for pvp, but we agree on that. It's not so much that she is using her rainbows and clouds to be a juggernaut by getting multiple rainbows to hit from the cloudsplosion(which they cannot) it's that she can fly away while chipping away at her opponents health by chaining rainbows and the wow pow. It's a method that makes her hard for slower melee characters like Sprocket to lay their hands on her. I'm not saying that she needs to go to B tier under my single recommendation, and I would like to hear different opinions, but she is DEFINITELY better than we have her rated.
#2133 Posted: 12:08:40 17/03/2013
I had a lot of fun with ultimate rainbower in story mode, but not so much in battle, takes a while to whittle your enemies health down in my opinion
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#2134 Posted: 12:59:30 17/03/2013
I'm going to have to agree with Light on this one. While, Ultimate Rainbower, is underrated, it IS still highly inferior to Tempest Dragon. If anyone can do any testing with her against other B-C Tier characters, that could really help! However, I'm going to say C Tier also, due to somewhat low damage output.
---
#2135 Posted: 15:17:34 17/03/2013
Yeah, ultimate rainbower still is inferior to tempest dragon, but it is better than D tier.
#2136 Posted: 15:34:34 17/03/2013
^ But worse than B tier, all I was trying to do was put in C tier. I wasn't trying to keep you from moving her from D, just trying to stop you from putting her a little too high
---
Fins, of fury!
#2137 Posted: 16:01:24 17/03/2013
^ I think C-tier makes more sense.
Where is Dino Rang on Earthen Avenger on the tier list?
I think he should move to at least A-tier if he isn't already.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#2138 Posted: 17:54:27 17/03/2013 | Topic Creator
It has always sounded pretty reasonable to me to have S2 Whirlwind / Ultimate Rainbower moved up to at least C Tier. A short while ago I asked if there were any advocates for it following LightSpyro13's original recommendation, but hardly anyone spoke up!

I'll move it to C Tier for now, and later we can move it around some more if people wish.

Also, @ClayFace: Dino-Rang / Earthen Avenger is currently in C Tier. You'll need to state your reasoning if you want him moved to A Tier.

• Whirlwind S2 / Ultimate Rainbower moved to C Tier.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:23 17/03/2013 by EgoNaut
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#2139 Posted: 17:57:00 17/03/2013
I think C-tier sounds just fine for Ultimate Rainbower. Granted, we haven't had a ton of time to play it, but D does seem a little too weak for any build of Whirlwind based on what I know of the character.
#2140 Posted: 18:25:14 17/03/2013
Has anyone gotten to test Ninjini yet?
---
#2141 Posted: 22:30:48 17/03/2013
For the reasoning with Earthen Avenger, the stonefists do a lot of damage and Dino Rang can use it for defense and spam his boomerangs do deal a good amount of damage quickly.
#2142 Posted: 02:53:27 18/03/2013

Quote:

Its the rude, arrogant way you post that makes it so hard to get along with you. It's all "my opinion matters more than yours"
#2143 Posted: 03:29:46 18/03/2013
^ Not listening, lalalalalalalalalalalala
---
Fins, of fury!
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#2144 Posted: 05:49:53 18/03/2013
For the reasoning with Earthen Avenger, the stonefists do a lot of damage and Dino Rang can use it for defense and spam his boomerangs do deal a good amount of damage quickly.

While I agree that C is a bit low for him, A is probably too high. His traps are good, and can shut down specific characters (chargers like Bash, Spyro, etc.). The problem is that the trade off in offense for defense isn’t necessary for him and drops his overall damage output. The fact that he's saddled with a worthless PVP upgrade in fist trap funeral doesn't help, and while the defense boost is nice, obsidian armor isn't necessary when his boomerang shield is all the defense (and offense) he needs on Boomerang Master. He also has a much harder time against the stronger projectile characters and brawlers that can trade hits with his traps and come out on top.

Again, I agree that he needs a bump, but his effectiveness relies specifically on player skill in being tricky with traps and boomerangs to get the most out of him. He rates highly in my household, but for the purposes of this list, I can't see him going higher than the low end of B.
#2145 Posted: 11:38:41 18/03/2013
Quote: DocCroc

While I agree that C is a bit low for him, A is probably too high. His traps are good, and can shut down specific characters (chargers like Bash, Spyro, etc.). The problem is that the trade off in offense for defense isn’t necessary for him and drops his overall damage output. The fact that he's saddled with a worthless PVP upgrade in fist trap funeral doesn't help, and while the defense boost is nice, obsidian armor isn't necessary when his boomerang shield is all the defense (and offense) he needs on Boomerang Master. He also has a much harder time against the stronger projectile characters and brawlers that can trade hits with his traps and come out on top.

Again, I agree that he needs a bump, but his effectiveness relies specifically on player skill in being tricky with traps and boomerangs to get the most out of him. He rates highly in my household, but for the purposes of this list, I can't see him going higher than the low end of B.

Or, you can play him like GBM and spam boomerangs, and use the traps occasionally.
#2146 Posted: 12:19:24 18/03/2013
The problem is I really like Dino Rang on this path and since he didn't get a repose, I don't want to reset him to try Grand Boomerang Master just in case I like Earthen Avenger more.
#2147 Posted: 14:41:27 18/03/2013
The problem is I really like Dino Rang on this path and since he didn't get a repose, I don't want to reset him to try Grand Boomerang Master just in case I like Earthen Avenger more.

Thats what i thought, but GBM is much more fun and powerful.
#2148 Posted: 18:51:40 18/03/2013

That's the unfortunate thing though. Anything Earthen Avenger can do, Boomerang Master can do better. GBM doesn't need a wow pow to remain competitive, where Earthen Avenger needs something to pick up the slack. He's not bad, but he isn't anywhere near the monster that GBM is.
#2149 Posted: 19:59:00 18/03/2013
Actually, Earthen avenger has a lot more armor than grand boomerang master, so there are some thing it can do better. It has a higher likelyhood to block an attack.
#2150 Posted: 20:43:19 18/03/2013
Sure, Earthen Avenger's armor allows him to soak more damage, but Grand Boomerang Master's Boomerang Shield is all the close-quarters defense & offense he needs and he likely won't get hit as much in the first place.
First | Previous | Page 43 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me