Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Wal-Mart Release time [CLOSED]
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#51 Posted: 03:44:22 21/10/2012
Quote: aad2201
I think a scalper just showed up. He doesn't look like someone who should be at a Walmart at midnight in the video game section. Then again, I probably don't either.

Wild Scalper appeared!
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
Jet Moto 4 Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#52 Posted: 04:13:21 21/10/2012
Updates please! I'm envisioning walking into an empty Wal-Mart tonight and this will make me happy.
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#53 Posted: 04:20:24 21/10/2012
I'm on my way to Walmart with my nephew, my girlfriend, and her brother. We'll see what's there.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#54 Posted: 04:26:03 21/10/2012
Midnight. Go at MIDNIGHT. I just obtained my new stuff, and it's MIDNIGHT!! smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Eric-K Gold Sparx Gems: 2211
#55 Posted: 04:28:06 21/10/2012
Just got hooked up @ WM... it depends on the store. The lady who helped me had no idea to put anything out until I inquired.

They had all of wave one EXCEPT the Lightcore items.

I live in Indiana and was at the Westfield WM on US31.
SmallvilleGirl Green Sparx Gems: 100
#56 Posted: 04:28:29 21/10/2012
Got to Wal-mart at 11:54. The man said "can't put it out til midnight. You'll have to wait until then." I said "that's fine." (Duh) Then he put out the big display. There were 3 of us there. We collectively bought pretty much 99% of the single figures and there were a few of each Portal owners packs and starter packs left. Glad I got there when I did. I didn't buy any of the giants since I preordered from SAMs, but even with just 3 of us there, the only giant left was 1 Swarm.
#57 Posted: 04:31:26 21/10/2012
For those of you who got your stuff, was the stock plentiful?
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#58 Posted: 04:34:25 21/10/2012
Quote: Jet Moto 4

I ask this as well.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
SmallvilleGirl Green Sparx Gems: 100
#59 Posted: 04:41:02 21/10/2012
I'd say about 4-5 of Chill, Frightrider, Zook, Pop Fizz, 2-3 of Trigger Happy, Whirlwind, Terrafin, and 2 of each Giant, Bouncer, Crusher, and Swarm. They maybe had 3-4 of each systems Starter and Portal Owners packs. I asked the guy if that was all they had, and he said he wasn't sure.
Techelement Yellow Sparx Gems: 1961
#60 Posted: 04:50:17 21/10/2012
We were first in line at 11:30. Got GITD starter packs for Xbox360 and 3DS. Also got Crusher, Swarm, Bouncer, Fright Rider, Pop Fizz, Chill, Terrafin, and Slam Bam. Was surprised at the limited stock that they had.
#61 Posted: 04:53:50 21/10/2012
How many people were in line?
#62 Posted: 04:59:48 21/10/2012
3 in line by 11:55. About 8 total right at midnight. They rolled out the product at about 12:05. We were out of store by 12:12.
#63 Posted: 05:00:57 21/10/2012
How many people were in line?
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#64 Posted: 05:05:47 21/10/2012
Quote: Eric-K
Just got hooked up @ WM... it depends on the store. The lady who helped me had no idea to put anything out until I inquired.

They had all of wave one EXCEPT the Lightcore items.

I live in Indiana and was at the Westfield WM on US31.

I also live in Indiana (south suburb of Indy) and they had 3 Lightcores- Eruptor, Drobot and Prism Break!!! It was only my bf and me, along with 2 other guys, casually looking... super empty!! I went a little after midnight and I was able to get the GITD PS3 and 3DS sets, both 3 packs, all the Giants and S2 Terrafin!! smilie

Edit: there we no lines at all!!! it was superb!! smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:06:58 21/10/2012 by Shroomy_Boomy
#65 Posted: 05:06:26 21/10/2012
8 people in line when they rolled product out. They didn't have a limit on what you could get. We just got 1 of each of the ones we were hoping for.

Here is picture of our stuff:

[User Posted Image]
Tnblue13 Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#66 Posted: 05:10:15 21/10/2012
Got there a few minutes before midnight, had to ask sales person to go get stock. There was a scalper guy, my husband and me and one family only. I was surprised how empty the place was and I concur that she didn't bring a whole lot out. I hope for everyone else that they have more in the back :0(
---
smiliecynder:Zook:
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#67 Posted: 05:18:59 21/10/2012
smilie
So, the 3ds has a glow in the dark portal as well?

Me thinks I need to get back to Wallyworld.

-M
aad2201 Green Sparx Gems: 395
#68 Posted: 05:32:13 21/10/2012
Got one of each fig. 3ds starter pack, They didn't have wii starter packs, unbelievable . There were only 4 of us there. Now onto TRU for legendaries. We had to tell them to bring it out.
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#69 Posted: 05:45:44 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
So i went to my local wal-mart in the memphis metro area right at 12 and there was one other guy there waiting while the lady was stocking the shelve w/ the new skylanders. It was just him and me. He was first and he grabbed what he wanted which was pretty much everything I wanted and luckily they had just 2 of everything except the shroom-boom 3 pack which they had about 4 of.

So I grabbed the 3 giants they released, chill, fright-rider, pop fizz, the shroom-boom pack, and the lightcore prism break since I didn't have him before.

So if there is anybody that hits up the cville wal-mart tomorrow and there are no giants just know that it wasn't scalpers. They only had 2 of each giant and 2 of each skylander for wave 1 except for the shroom-boom pack.

Anyways, very happy that I don't have to wake up butt early and deal w/ scalpers at tru at 8 am.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#70 Posted: 05:49:51 21/10/2012
Quote: Jet Moto 4

Mine had about 4 full boxes of each assortment of toys, but only one game.
---
#all Spyros are valid
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#71 Posted: 06:06:39 21/10/2012
Just got the PS3 Starter and Pop Fizz and my nephew got S2 Slam Bam. There were 2 people in line and who were waiting when we got there. Then two more showed up. I got my stuff, one guy (who works at gamestop) got two starters, one guy got the Starter, all 3 giants, and a few singles. Last guy, spent $650. He put every giant they pulled out of the box into his cart. And when they first pulled the first box of giants they asked if we all wanted a choice of giants and the two guys, one who spent so much, they both looked at us and said they could share and grabbed one of each giant, which amounted to the whole box.

The guy working there was awesome though. I asked if there were any variants in the stock he kept in the back, so the other guy wouldn't buy them all, and he went and checked for me. Nothing. He kept a few boxes of the three packs, giants, and singles in the back. He also wheeled the cart behind the registers so the guy couldn't get anymore. One woman showed up later and the employee waited for the one guy to leave and pulled them out for her. Then me and the employee talked about how that guy was hitting up eBay the minute he got home. I want to get Granite Crusher, but I don't want to wake up so early. And see that scalper as well. Funny thing he didn't buy any of the starter packs with GITD Cynder. I thought for sure he would grab all those, surprise me.

Note: I wasn't even expecting to buy the game. I got caught up in the rush.

They had the following:
3 Terrafin
3 Slam Bam
4-5 Zook
4-5 Whirlwind
4-5 Chill
3 Pop Fizz
3 Fright Rider

About 10 of each Swarm, Bouncer, and Crusher.
About 6 of each LC Eruptor, Drobot, and Prism Break.
5 of each starter and POP.
About 5-6 of each three pack.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:09:47 21/10/2012 by czs716
Doomsword Green Sparx Gems: 235
#72 Posted: 06:45:14 21/10/2012
Hit up 2 Wal-Marts tonight. First one only had 6 Giants. I was like the 5th person there so I wasn't able to get any, so I got the last Pop Fizz, Fright Rider, & Chill, plus the Wii Starter Pack. Went to the 2nd Wal-Mart & got the rest of the stuff in the pic's. I'm not buying the re-posed characters, but I will buy the Lightcore figures. The duplicates are for my Niece & Nephew.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
tsnowman Blue Sparx Gems: 864
#73 Posted: 06:48:42 21/10/2012
Got to my local Walmart at Katy Mills. Just 3 families there. Very chill environment and I got to teach the others about why its better to buy the Starter Packs and 3-packs.

I got Xbox 360 SP with GITD Cynder and 3DS SP with Punch Pop Fizz and GITD Cynder, LC Eruptor, LC Drobot, LC Prism Break, Slam Bam, Fright Rider, Terrafin, Battle Cannon with Chop Chop and Shroom Boom, multipack w/ Pop Fizz Whirlwind, Trigger Happy, multipack w/ Ignitor, Chill, Zook and for the Giants: Swarm, Crusher and Bouncer.
#74 Posted: 06:53:12 21/10/2012
Oh yeah, I forgot the funnest part. We all put the stock out on the display while the store clerk was looking in the back for more items. It felt good to help her out since she was so cool. Thanks Christy
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#75 Posted: 07:27:42 21/10/2012
Can you please confirm--Pop Fizz in the Walmart GITD pack--is it different than the pop fizz you get at other stores??
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#76 Posted: 07:36:44 21/10/2012
Got one of each at Vegas Walmart, no line but not too much stock
---
Got 38
#77 Posted: 07:56:36 21/10/2012
Yes it is Punch Pop Fiz at Walmart 3DS Starter Pack with GITD Cynder. I have in hand and he is Red smilie
FUN MOM Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#78 Posted: 07:58:00 21/10/2012
I went to my Walmart at midnight (a few minutes after). I was the second person there already. A guy and his son had a cart full of Skylanders Giants. I asked if there were any left. His son showed me where the cases were..his dad didn't seem too thrilled that he helped me (I could have read him wrong). The employees didn't even bother stocking the shelf since there wasn't much stock. I barely got each of the figures for the first wave. Happy Birthday to me! Whew, close call. His son busted him though.."Dad puts them online". Kids are so honest! The Dad quickly adds "everyone in my neighborhood chips in for these". LOL.. The clerks told me the father and son before me just spent $1300 on Skylanders. Crazy! Hopefully they get more stock in soon. A couple came up shortly after me and told me they went to another Walmart close by and they were told that all the stock was "missing". Only a few characters were left by then. I'm afraid the hunt is starting all over again. I was hoping for more stock this time around. Maybe they are already posted on ebay.. smilie
---
Cool Beans!!!! smilie
PocketGoddess Blue Sparx Gems: 687
#79 Posted: 08:02:15 21/10/2012
Thanks for writing back! What I want to know though if that figure is a Walmart exclusive, or if ALL 3DS starter packs will have punch pop fizz.

I ordered the GITD set from Walmart for my PS3, and ordered the 3DS set from Best Buy so I could get their bonus too. I just want to make sure I haven't screwed up. It looks like punch pop fizz is also in the Target and Gamestop sets, so I'm hoping it's OK--I just didn't need two GITD portals and two GITD Cynders.
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#80 Posted: 08:02:35 21/10/2012
I am glad I did go at midnight aft it is all said and done.....I went to two Walmarts and was suprised at how few Starter packs with the GITD Cynder they had.....

One Walmart didn't get any PS3 ones and neier of them got any 3DS ones.
#81 Posted: 08:16:44 21/10/2012
I can't confirm but everything I have seen has shown Punch Pop Fizz in all 3DS Starter Packs. It sounds like you did the right thing.
7Habits Blue Sparx Gems: 989
#82 Posted: 08:34:40 21/10/2012
Went to the first Walmart at 11:55pm and there was nothing out. Only a mother and son waiting. Asked employee and she said she would go in back and look once she was done stocking the phone aisle (you know the kind everyone used to have in their houses). She was done a little after twelve and went in back to look ( she told us they had put them out early by mistake several days ago, but the registers wouldn't allow them to be purchased so someone put them back and she wasn't sure where). She came out several minutes later with a shopping cart and dolly full of boxes ( I would say 4-6 boxes of each product except for the light core had only 2). She didn't know much about them and told us we could dig through the boxes. We helped open the boxes and put the product on the shelves and there were still several boxes left once the display was full. I was surprised to find 0 variants even though all boxes were fully intact, even the opened boxes were full. I bought one of each figure except the light core and battle set which I am getting from GameStop. Bad news was that the starter pack was not available for the PS3. It was about 12:35am and we went to the only other Walmart near us and they didn't have anything out either. After getting someone to scan the stickers that were already out, they went in back and rolled out a cardboard giants display. I looked through it and found the PS3 starter pack and out of the 30-40 figures on the top of the display I found a Rock Zook. I felt extremely lucky as I have never found a variant before and the other store had way more merchandise. I think they had more boxes in the back because the scanner said there were 70+ and the display had 40 at the most, but the employee said that was all they could find because there was no bin number on the scanner. Off to toys r us and target in a couple of hours, I hope I find the rock whirlwind.
---
Own: (smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie smilie smilie(smiliesmiliesmilie)smilie smilie smilie
#83 Posted: 09:19:33 21/10/2012
Quote: tsnowman
I can't confirm but everything I have seen has shown Punch Pop Fizz in all 3DS Starter Packs. It sounds like you did the right thing.

Yes, there is a Punch Pop Fizz and he is red... i have the 3DS set in hand with him and GITD Cynder... i think he looks better in red for sure!!! lol smilie
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
Mistimp Red Sparx Gems: 97
#84 Posted: 10:49:21 21/10/2012
I was the fourth and last person in line at my Walmart. They had pleanty of starters, giants, lightcore and the triples. None of the new non-lightcore singles. From what I have read on here other walmarts had the regulars, but no lightcore. Strange. The guy ahead of me was watching the older employee open the cases ( I am 45, so I really mean older ) and pretty much helped her rebox sets for everyone based on what they had said they were looking for while everyone waited.
Now time to hop in the car again. Still can't decide between Target and TRU. Guess I will just see where I end up. Lol
---
smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie**smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
gbac16 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#85 Posted: 11:14:20 21/10/2012
I live near Cleveland. I work at a golf course, so had to be up very early. I hit Wal-mart on the way. Very little left. No Giants. Picked up a FR, Chill, and Pop Fizz. They did have at least two each of the lightcore (I wasn't interested). They had the three pack with Pop Fizz and the one with Chill. Only one Wii game left.
---
32/32 + All Legendaries, Blue Bash, Flocked Stumpy, & Red Drill Sgt, Sidekicks. (All at retail).
Want: Dark Spyro.
BlazinBlackMage Gold Sparx Gems: 2021
#86 Posted: 12:14:48 21/10/2012
I just got back from our Wal-Mart (it's 6 AM) and they were completely cleared out. :c The lady working there said some 'big spenders' cleaned them out as soon as they went on the shelves. Only leaving them with two PS3 starter packs.
---
Skylanders Collection: Completely lost count. OTL
WiiU ID: BlazingBlackMage (I accept all friend requests!)
Lost Islands Activate: BBMage
#87 Posted: 12:54:51 21/10/2012
Toys R Us was having a buy one get one 40% off sale on all skylanders!! They had plenty of Legendary characters so I'm glad i went to Target before TRU... Target only had 2 Granite Crushers left on the shelf (hoping they had more in the back...!) I also bought the small and large Spyro plushies... they had lots of the other figures in plushies, but only one Spyro of each kind! I might check Best Buy later when I go out to get my Golden Cannon from GameStop! smilie What a fun day!!! smilie
---

aad2201 Green Sparx Gems: 395
#88 Posted: 14:54:02 21/10/2012
Man, they had no plushies at the TRU. Otherwise you said it best, it was a great day!
sfaiella Blue Sparx Gems: 821
#89 Posted: 15:16:55 21/10/2012
Wave one completed!!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me