Page 1 of 1
Eruptor: please explain [CLOSED]
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#1 Posted: 22:39:50 10/10/2012 | Topic Creator
For the fire element skylander "Eruptor", I chose to go down his magmantor path, and found it very good. But whenever Eruptor is brought up online, many people will talk about how much better the volcanor path is. I personally found the magmantor path extremely good for adventure, and suprisingly good for PvP. The firey patches the magma lobs leave can be used to weaken the enemy down, and although the magma lobs lack good range, they can be extremely effective. And if the enemy get too close, his eruption attack is still decent, dealing eight rapid damage. Also, His magma balls can be useful in certain situations (even though magmantor does nothing to upgrade this attack). Now, I know very little about the volcanor path. All I know is it makes his eruption attack instant. So I would like to know: what makes volcanor dominant?
---
Hurrah!
camoses Blue Sparx Gems: 768
#2 Posted: 22:43:42 10/10/2012
Because Volcanor does a rapid 16 damage with the instants eruption and forms volcano's. Magmantor is also terrible and is outclassed by shade master hex and demolition troll boomer. Go to the tiers list and ask why magmantor is in there. They can give a good explanation for why it ducks.
---
The great cornholio!
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#3 Posted: 11:49:52 11/10/2012
TBQH, I don't think Magmanator is as bad as people make it out to be and it's at least more fun than Volcanor. Competitively, though, Volcanor is in basics better.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#4 Posted: 18:35:10 11/10/2012
I used Magmantor for a long time in both PvE and PvP.
He is pretty decent and his damage output is nice. His only problem is that he is outclassed in the field of "lob attack" characters by other Skylanders such as Boomer or "Medea Griffin" Sonic Boom. Even then, he is still alright.

Volcanor path is definately better for PvP, but more so in the Wii version than in the Xbox/PS3/PC versions!! This is because his eruption attack is only instant in the Wii version, but is just very quick on the other consoles.
On the Wii version, Eruptor can attack so quickly at close range that he can basicly be used as a melee character, and is incredibly effective in that field. On Xbox/PS3/PC, things are a little tricker because his eruptions require better timing, but even then he's probably a little better in the long run than Magmantor.

In all honesty, don't feel the need to switch from Magmantor if you mostly play PvE. Like I said, when I had Eruptor he was a Magmantor, and I enjoyed using him just fine.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#5 Posted: 13:08:25 13/10/2012 | Topic Creator
It may be a bit outclassed by both of those but it doesn't suck at all. Magmantor eruptor can be a killer in pvp (he actually won my tournament). I find him very good on Magmantor, and also the rapid 16 damage is good, but that is also the same damage the magma lobs do. Throw in the firey patches, and he's doing more damage, but with a much worse DPS. But eruptor on Magmantor does not suck at all.
---
Hurrah!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:09:13 13/10/2012 by BrutalBash101
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me