Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 11 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 26
The General AU Hunter Topic [CLOSED]
Sparx_Dragonfly Green Sparx Gems: 195
#501 Posted: 22:18:55 02/06/2013
Anybody getting the Sidekicks from EB games today? if you find a way of obtaining them without having to spend $25 instore (my local stores have a sorry collection), please let me know.

I'd like all four, but wouldn't mind Terrabyte or Whisper Elf.
---
GETTING SWAP FORCE DARK EDITION!!!
NEED: Series 1: smilie , smilie Series 2: smilie
Up fo swaps/trade: smilie smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1), smilie (S1)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:57:18 03/06/2013 by Sparx_Dragonfly
Dragon-Master Blue Sparx Gems: 786
#502 Posted: 02:19:59 04/06/2013
I spoke to staff members at 2 different EB Games stores and they both confirmed that
the sidekicks have been delayed until Thursday June 6. So the wait continues...
---
Collection:
Spyro's Adventure & Giants - 98/99 (Royal Double Trouble)
Swap Force - 73/75 (Bumble Blast LC, QD Rattle Shake)
#503 Posted: 04:40:36 04/06/2013
Gotta find a way of getting sidekicks without spending $25 on a poor selection of Skylanders I already own. This is driving me insane!
---
skygrim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1407
#504 Posted: 10:05:29 04/06/2013
Quote: Sparx_Dragonfly
Gotta find a way of getting sidekicks without spending $25 on a poor selection of Skylanders I already own. This is driving me insane!

Agreed its pretty weak especially when other stores have the other figures on clearance now. And I BET if you asked to price match they would say the deal isnt valid. They should do a set with a preorder of swap force items. I have my one set but would love another whisper elf, trigger snappy or gill runt. Having said that its nice they ended up getting them eventually.

Anyone have any news on Skylanders available at Maccas? Have not had a chance to go there and could only get Chop chop and Ignitor the other day.
SkyMum Blue Sparx Gems: 731
#505 Posted: 09:21:14 05/06/2013
Skygrim: Last friday I was able to get Tree Rex, Gill Grunt, Chop Cop to go with the Ignitor we got the day before. This was McDonalds Castle Hill NSW
mario7604 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#506 Posted: 10:48:16 05/06/2013
Quote: Dragon-Master
I spoke to staff members at 2 different EB Games stores and they both confirmed that

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD for me. I can't go on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. If they were released then, I reckon by the time I get there tomorrow it'll all be sold out.

Hopefully, I can buy $100 worth of Skylanders plus the 4 Sidekicks, and return the $100 worth of Skylanders. I doubt it's gonna happen though.
---
YAY! I BLUE SPARX! Specials:
S:SA: all sidekicks, WERDS smilie Chase GITD smilie
S:G smilie GITD smilie smilie smilie AE smilie smilie smilie smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#507 Posted: 12:55:28 05/06/2013
The sidekicks have to be scanned, so if you return anything you would more than likely have to return the sidekicks as well.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#508 Posted: 12:58:27 05/06/2013
Quote: mario7604

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD for me. I can't go on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. If they were released then, I reckon by the time I get there tomorrow it'll all be sold out.

Hopefully, I can buy $100 worth of Skylanders plus the 4 Sidekicks, and return the $100 worth of Skylanders. I doubt it's gonna happen though.

I made an enquiry today as I planned to do the same thing, but I was told I would not get a full refund unless I also returned the Sidekicks aswell... my attempts to obtain these continues.
---
#509 Posted: 13:06:47 05/06/2013
You're best bet would be to just spend the $100 and sell what you don't want on ebay or gumtree.
---
#510 Posted: 13:26:10 05/06/2013
btw, the promotion started here (Traralgon Victoria) yesterday.

have you ever tried selling Skylanders on Gumtree? people are offering to only pay you $5 per Skylander.

on the other hand Skylanders do sell on ebay, but you dont get anywhere near what youre expecting. Buy it now usually doesnt sell unless youre asking bargain bin prices.
---
#511 Posted: 13:39:05 05/06/2013
If you spend $100 and get more than half of it back, you would still be better off than buying the sidekicks on ebay.
---
#512 Posted: 11:40:49 06/06/2013
[User Posted Image]

Yayyyyyyyyyy. Now where to sell them.................
---
#513 Posted: 22:14:28 06/06/2013
[User Posted Image]

Yayyyyyyyyyy. Now where to sell them.................

SELL THEM TO ME, SELL THEM TO ME!!!

Drop me a PM... gotta catch 'em all!

No, no no. I'm talking about where to sell my $100 of Skylanders I bought in order to get the 4 sidekicks.
---
#514 Posted: 03:02:21 07/06/2013
Thanks SkyMum, will get out and about today or tomorrow to see what I can grab, assume these will start popping up on AU ebay too at some stage.
skelekon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1149
#515 Posted: 06:27:53 09/06/2013
As a collector I recommend sites like ebay to find the likes of Scarlet Ninjini, Molten Hot Dog,
Jade Flashwing and Polar Whirlwind. Their cost is more than retail but I think it is worth it.

I also spotted the new skylander collector case it Target with Jade Flashwing on the side. So I do
wonder if Jade Flashwing does become available in Target.

If anyone is interested, Amazon.it has Jade Flashwing & Polar Whirlwind in stock (from Amazon EU, not a third party).

Price is $32.28EUR shipped for both, which is about $44AUD shipped. I got mine from there about a month ago (it was a bit cheaper then, and a better exchange rate).
---
Missing: Fright Rider,Pumpkin Eyebrawl,UFO Hat
Spare: Polar Whirlwind,Purple Wrecking Ball
#516 Posted: 10:40:11 09/06/2013
Quote: skelekon
As a collector I recommend sites like ebay to find the likes of Scarlet Ninjini, Molten Hot Dog,
Jade Flashwing and Polar Whirlwind. Their cost is more than retail but I think it is worth it.

I also spotted the new skylander collector case it Target with Jade Flashwing on the side. So I do
wonder if Jade Flashwing does become available in Target.

If anyone is interested, Amazon.it has Jade Flashwing & Polar Whirlwind in stock (from Amazon EU, not a third party).

Price is $32.28EUR shipped for both, which is about $44AUD shipped. I got mine from there about a month ago (it was a bit cheaper then, and a better exchange rate).

(sigh) Parents won't let me get toys off the internet. Dunno why they gave me Bronze Flameslinger then. Probably thought it was rare.
---
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#517 Posted: 15:30:02 09/06/2013
this is on/off topic but are there any aussie portal masters thatt may be able to help me find lightocre hex and S2 drobot. My son's birthday is the 26th of this month and those are the last two figures he needs to finish his giants colection. PM me if you can help and thank you.
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
Sircopycat Blue Sparx Gems: 962
#518 Posted: 11:56:40 10/06/2013
Targets toy sale announcement is on their website, jade FW is in it so they have her for that.
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#519 Posted: 20:42:12 10/06/2013
My Target got restock. S2 Spyro, S2 Drobot, Ninjini, Eye-Brawl, Thumpback, etc. No LightHex unfortunately.
#520 Posted: 22:25:39 10/06/2013
Quote: SkylandFollower
My Target got restock. S2 Spyro, S2 Drobot, Ninjini, Eye-Brawl, Thumpback, etc. No LightHex unfortunately.

Check Big W. Both my local stores got a massive (and much needed mind you) restock over the weekend and they have lots of LightCore Hex + S2 Drobot, Ninjini, EyeBrawl, HotHead, Thumpback, LC PopFizz, LC Chill and the Big W exclusive Granite Crusher is sitting behind the Entertainment counter. I was told he will be part of an upcoming promotion during thevmid-year Toy Sale event.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#521 Posted: 22:29:28 10/06/2013
Looks like he MAY come back to the US.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
bigslam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1448
#522 Posted: 00:29:30 11/06/2013
Well if he does I must get him because I missed him the first time around
---
What should I do with these skylanders . I wonder ???
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:58 11/06/2013 by bigslam
#523 Posted: 01:47:23 11/06/2013
http://db.tt/Y0I5zIGO

Molten Hot Dogs!!!

also note LC Hex, LC Chill and LC Pop Fizz. The shelf above also had S2 Drobot.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:01:26 11/06/2013 by Sparx_Dragonfly
#524 Posted: 04:48:47 11/06/2013
Good spot Sparx, did not see them at my local today, but looks like the local stores are going to come through on many of the variants. Already have them myself, fear relying on retail, but they keep proving me wrong every time.

Sircopycat: Can you link the LC pic, I cant find anything on the target site, keeps coming up with obscure references to the toy sale but nothing useful.

Edit: Looking through the target website, saw they have the Battlegrounds starter for $34.95, sure its not the Royal DD, but much cheaper than it was!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:51:27 11/06/2013 by skygrim
#525 Posted: 07:47:29 11/06/2013
Quote: Sircopycat
Targets toy sale announcement is on their website, jade FW is in it so they have her for that.

Where is it? I can't see it at Target........
---
Sircopycat Blue Sparx Gems: 962
#526 Posted: 13:09:41 11/06/2013
http://shop.target.com.au/toys

This page it slides through some products JFw is the 6th one.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:10:48 11/06/2013 by Sircopycat
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#527 Posted: 21:23:48 11/06/2013
Just a little note, a lot of people here are going "I have an extra X"/"I'll trade X for Y", on this topic! Just because we have LightCore Hex and Series 2 Drobot first and lack a lot of variants, it does not mean that you are not breaking the rules and are allowed to post about this(posting about this is both advertising and off-topic). Now, while I think that the benefits of these posts could be win-win, the admin does not permit them. If you want to trade with a user, please send THEM a Private Message. I wouldn't go on a rant about this, but I've seen at least three such posts in the last week.

Anyway, I finally got LightCore Hex. My local EB Games restocked on her. They were all gone within the day... It's kinda funny because they still have LC Pop Fizz / Chill from last wave! smilie

Does anyone know if any TRUs have been restocked with the Giant Legendary Triples lately? One of my friends has been looking for one for a while and can't find it. She can't buy it on eBay because it's way too expensive for her... The cheapest is $45...
#528 Posted: 00:25:38 12/06/2013
Got my LC Hex at KMart Fountain Gate (Narre Warren, VIC) on monday, there were about 20 of her on the shelf... so no shortage there.
---
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#529 Posted: 03:04:49 12/06/2013
Does Anyone know of, or had any luck finding an AU web site that sells to the US?
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
#530 Posted: 11:07:03 12/06/2013
Quote: SkylandFollower
Just a little note, a lot of people here are going "I have an extra X"/"I'll trade X for Y", on this topic! Just because we have LightCore Hex and Series 2 Drobot first and lack a lot of variants, it does not mean that you are not breaking the rules and are allowed to post about this(posting about this is both advertising and off-topic). Now, while I think that the benefits of these posts could be win-win, the admin does not permit them. If you want to trade with a user, please send THEM a Private Message. I wouldn't go on a rant about this, but I've seen at least three such posts in the last week.

Anyway, I finally got LightCore Hex. My local EB Games restocked on her. They were all gone within the day... It's kinda funny because they still have LC Pop Fizz / Chill from last wave! smilie

Does anyone know if any TRUs have been restocked with the Giant Legendary Triples lately? One of my friends has been looking for one for a while and can't find it. She can't buy it on eBay because it's way too expensive for her... The cheapest is $45...

Mine hasn't got any in recently, just the ones we got at the start (when L-Bouncer was released) and in April or May when they get restocked.
---
#531 Posted: 12:30:50 12/06/2013
Bit the bullet today, spent some serious dough at EBGames, but didn't realise I'd rung up $135!!! was allowed to grab 5 Sidekicks. Got the last Trigger Snappy and Gill Runt the store had, snagged Terra Bite and Whisper Elf, and decided to go with an extra Whisper Elf. If anyone wants her and had something interesting to trade, PM me.
---
#532 Posted: 12:44:00 12/06/2013
Bit the bullet today, spent some serious dough at EBGames, but didn't realise I'd rung up $135!!! was allowed to grab 5 Sidekicks. Got the last Trigger Snappy and Gill Runt the store had, snagged Terra Bite and Whisper Elf, and decided to go with an extra Whisper Elf. If anyone wants her and had something interesting to trade, PM me.

You said your EB Games had terrible amounts of Skylanders, so what actually did you buy?

I bought 1 of each of Triple Pack 8 & 9, and enough LC Hexes and S2 Drobots to get me over the $100 mark. Seems like that lots of people want them. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:46:07 12/06/2013 by mario7604
#533 Posted: 13:10:48 12/06/2013
My local EB Games store has had a restock in the last week or so. Got a Giants stater for my nephew (he's just finished Spyro's Adventure), Thumpback, Ninjini, LC Hex, LC Shroomboom and a Spyro Plushie (don't need them but saving for my nephew's birthday in July).
---
#534 Posted: 01:50:43 13/06/2013
Kmart has series 2 megablocks portal battlers. Gill Grunt, stealth elf, drobot and eruptor. Also saw the small megablocks packs of silver spyro. Trigger happy, blue bash and jet vac at Big W
#535 Posted: 04:25:47 13/06/2013
I got those small megabloks packs for my treasure box (rewards for the boys). I also got a Silver Spyro one from Bigw, a Metallic Purple Cynder and Terrafin from Uncle Pete's toys. I am hoping we get the Kaos one here at some point! And some of the megabloks Glow in the Dark packs!
#536 Posted: 11:22:12 13/06/2013
He He Treasure box, I like that idea, I have a 1 and a half year old, he will be getting a treasure box!

Yeah my friend in the USA picked up the Walmart exclusive Kaos and ummm Axe cyclops is it today, $4.50 each in the USA, pretty good!

thanks for the tip on the Cynder did not even know it existed.
#537 Posted: 11:46:59 13/06/2013

As per usual, thanks Sircopycat. I doubt I am right, but they pictured it with the Starter Pack, I'd hate it if they made it only available with the starter pack.
#538 Posted: 02:27:21 14/06/2013
Quote: skygrim

As per usual, thanks Sircopycat. I doubt I am right, but they pictured it with the Starter Pack, I'd hate it if they made it only available with the starter pack.

Called the 'Skylanders Bundle Pack'. That's a bad sign.
---
#539 Posted: 03:16:38 14/06/2013
Bigw toy sale catalogue is showing pretty much the same thing on the last page........Stater pack + Molten Hot dog.

I hope we are going to be able to buy them singly or it really is not fair for the skylanders fans that already have the game!
#540 Posted: 09:25:11 14/06/2013
Quote: SkyMum
Bigw toy sale catalogue is showing pretty much the same thing on the last page........Stater pack + Molten Hot dog.

I hope we are going to be able to buy them singly or it really is not fair for the skylanders fans that already have the game!

Sparx posted the MHD's by themselves with nothing to indicate that you have to buy the Starter Pack. Hopefully that applies to Jade too.
---
#541 Posted: 11:23:41 14/06/2013
Quote: SkyMum

Sparx posted the MHD's by themselves with nothing to indicate that you have to buy the Starter Pack. Hopefully that applies to Jade too.

When I went to buy my molten hot dogs, they did not scan up on the register, they came up with an invalid barcode, so they had to scan a regular hot dog off the shelf. So mhd beingba promo item is quite a possibility.
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13926
#542 Posted: 19:18:55 14/06/2013
Someone just sent me an email about this: Polar Whirlwind will be the pre-order bonus for Swap Force from EB Games in Australia.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#543 Posted: 23:23:00 14/06/2013
Quote: dark52
Someone just sent me an email about this: Polar Whirlwind will be the pre-order bonus for Swap Force from EB Games in Australia.

Do you get Polar when Swap Force comes out, or immediately when you pre-order it?
---
#544 Posted: 02:45:13 15/06/2013
A facebook post has Jade Flashwing spotted on shelf in Target in Westfield Fountain Gate for $14.95.
#545 Posted: 05:52:38 15/06/2013
Quote: dark52

Do you get Polar when Swap Force comes out, or immediately when you pre-order it?

As with most pre-orders, you get the exclusive item when you pick up the pre-order.
---
#546 Posted: 01:06:38 16/06/2013
Polar with preorder of Swap force is cool for those that do not have her. I would have preferred a character unique to Swapfore though, even better would have been a set of the Giants sidekicks we have not seen come out yet. Hopefull JB comes through again with something that appears limited.
#547 Posted: 03:01:57 16/06/2013
Quote: skygrim
Polar with preorder of Swap force is cool for those that do not have her. I would have preferred a character unique to Swapfore though, even better would have been a set of the Giants sidekicks we have not seen come out yet. Hopefull JB comes through again with something that appears limited.

I'm getting Polar Whirlwind from a dS member here. At least I don't have to pay $98 for it.
---
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#548 Posted: 03:21:43 16/06/2013
^ your not really paying $98 for just Polar Whirlwind, you getting the Swap Force Starter Pack while getting Polar Whirlwind for free so your actually paying for the Swap Force Start Pack.
#549 Posted: 12:15:49 16/06/2013
You'd probably end up paying about $20 for it - places like Bigw will be bound to have the starter packs for $20 less than EB.
#550 Posted: 12:24:41 16/06/2013
I've never been a fan of Whirlwind, in fact, she's one of my least favourites, and a polar Whirlwind doesn't really tempt me to pre-order Swap Force from certain retailers. Besides, I can easily get her online for around $20-$30 anyway. If there's another pre-order exclusive somewhere else, I'd probably go with that.
---
First | Previous | Page 11 of 26 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 26

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me