Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Board Game [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 16:58:53 18/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I've been trying to think of other things to do with the Skylanders figures when it suddenly occurred to me that the figures would make great board game pieces. The best part of a lot of those old kids board games were all the little pieces and bouncing them around the board, and these would be no different. Heck, when I first saw Dino-Rang and Voodood they immediately made me think of the game pieces in Jumanji.

The issue is trying to figure out a concept. Obviously it should incorporate the actual Skylanders game and the Portal of Power in some way to keep with the theme of bringing the characters to life. I was thinking along the lines of when you land on a Portal space you go into the game and you have a certain amount of time to do a certain task.

My other idea was that it's a way to set up multiplayer battles. Each player picks a card at random from the pile of cards that you get with the Skylanders. Whichever card you pick, you have to use that character. Once you've picked your Skylander, make sure you erase the data on the character before you start playing. Each player goes around the board with various spaces that allow you to go into the game and power up a bit. Be it a heroic challenge space, a level up space, an upgrade space and so forth. Once you reach the end of the board, you put your Skylander on the Portal of Power (which would be in the middle of the board) and wait for the other player to get there. (Make sure to turn off the portal of power between turns to save on battery power) Once both players are at the end, go into battle mode. Whoever is at a lower level gets to pick the battle arena. Then go ahead and battle and see who wins!

That's just one idea though, and not necessarily the one I'd go with. How about you? would you like to see a Skylanders board game that uses the actual figures and Portal of Power? What would be your game concept? Let's try and find a whole new way to play with the Skylander figures. : )
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#2 Posted: 17:55:37 18/09/2012
Monopoly: Skylanders Edition, anyone?
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#3 Posted: 17:56:25 18/09/2012
Quote: LTU Spyro

I like that idea.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#4 Posted: 18:31:45 18/09/2012 | Topic Creator

No way. Monopoly is a horrible game. It only sticks around because companies use it to make stupid special editions with their brand names when they can't come up with their own board game. The only Monopoly I'll play is the McDonalds monopoly because that doesn't take 3 hours of misery and arguing, and you can at least win some free fries.

Sorry, I just really hate Monopoly. smilie
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#5 Posted: 19:09:05 18/09/2012

How wold that work? Sounds like a bad idea.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#6 Posted: 23:14:49 18/09/2012
Skylanders Clue.
Instead of rooms you have Islands. Maybe figure out who banished Kaos and with what power for the objective.

ShaneG.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 01:35:54 19/09/2012
Skylanders risk.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 03:25:18 19/09/2012
Quote: DinoHex

No way. Monopoly is a horrible game. It only sticks around because companies use it to make stupid special editions with their brand names when they can't come up with their own board game. The only Monopoly I'll play is the McDonalds monopoly because that doesn't take 3 hours of misery and arguing, and you can at least win some free fries.

Sorry, I just really hate Monopoly. smilie

Monopoly doesn't take three hours to play unless you're playing it wrong. Try playing it by the rules (the actual rules - no money on Free Parking, even building of houses/hotels, housing shortages, houses/hotels are worth half price when selling back to the bank, unmortgaging property costs 10% more, unowned property *must* be sold or auctioned when landed on).

Monopoly only takes a long time when you start "tweaking" it with house rules. Most Monopoly games I play are over with within 90 minutes. Many end within an hour.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#9 Posted: 17:10:21 19/09/2012
A skylanders board game would be pretty boss. I like this idea C:
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
landbasered Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#10 Posted: 09:01:31 28/09/2012
Not for nothing, but, the Skylanders Sticker books have board game layouts that you can use your skylanders on as game pieces.
I doubt the game has the same complexity as Monopoly, but it's probably cheaper, and you get a bunch of stickers with it too.
---
Check out my site at lbr-skylanders.info
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#11 Posted: 09:47:41 28/09/2012
Hey, I love Nintendo Monopoly- you get to use ZELDA'S SWORD and METROID'S HELMET. It's so ACCURATE. Now all we need is DRY BOWSER JR. smilie

Someone here made a card game I thought was pretty sweet and I made a personal version of it, but I can't find the instructions. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:48:38 28/09/2012 by Nibelilt
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#12 Posted: 11:19:59 28/09/2012
Maybe a board game that ties in with the cards in a way?
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#13 Posted: 03:41:20 29/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
ZELDA'S SWORD and METROID'S HELMET.

You did this on purpose didn't you.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 03:44:47 29/09/2012
Quote: D-Rex
ZELDA'S SWORD and METROID'S HELMET.

You did this on purpose didn't you.

Someone posted it on Video Games on Memebase, the actual name pieces from the set.
Utterlute fail. smilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#15 Posted: 03:50:34 29/09/2012
Video Games on Memebase

Oh, that explains the inane stupidity.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 04:04:42 29/09/2012
No, I mean someone saw an ad for the set at the store.
And it had those names...

I'M TOO LAZY TO FIND IT. /laze
#17 Posted: 04:51:12 29/09/2012
found it!

[User Posted Image]

That is sort of silly.
---
#18 Posted: 04:54:18 29/09/2012
Ow derp! I knew it wasn't METROID'S Helmet-

PIKMIN's Rocket. smilie
#19 Posted: 04:55:54 29/09/2012
Pikmin is my favorite nintendo.
---
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#20 Posted: 19:11:43 13/10/2012
maybe if you land on a chest space and then you have to do a short level with a chest at the end and then the chest is either filled with enemies or xp and gold.
---
Eggs
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me