Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders/Pokemon Crossover [CLOSED]
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#1 Posted: 20:14:57 16/09/2012 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
Saw this on Reddit and this is just wishful thinking, but how awesome would that be? If Activision/Nintendo did this, I'd buy them for sure, would you?

[User Posted Image]
Here are individual Pokemon characters sculpted in clay*

*Made by Reddit user, ninjazzy
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 20:23:37 16/09/2012
do not want
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#3 Posted: 20:47:21 16/09/2012
Total respect to the hard work put into these, I only hope the artist has an account on Pokemon Collectors, they would totally buy these up smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 20:59:50 16/09/2012
They have a line of toys called Sqwinkies in stores now that have Spongebob, Hot Wheels, etc in them. That could be a potential outlet but I don't think I'd really want tiny toys of them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#5 Posted: 10:00:17 29/09/2012
One thing though THERE ARE OVER 600 pokemon... You would basically only be able to get the ones you love because there isnt even enough room for all
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#6 Posted: 10:45:52 29/09/2012
I'D LOVE IT! smilie
*grabs shield*
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#7 Posted: 11:04:53 29/09/2012
Quote: L-Sunburn
One thing though THERE ARE OVER 600 pokemon... You would basically only be able to get the ones you love because there isnt even enough room for all

Yes. In fact, I'm already worrying about the space I'll need to reserve for my Giants figures.

Plus, if the figures would cost 415 each in this hypothetical franchise as well...
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#8 Posted: 11:10:35 29/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I don't exactly know how a storyline crossover with Skylanders would work, I was mainly talking about utilizing the same technology as found in Skylanders.

It would be easy to have a Skylanders-type Pokemon game where they would use figures. I can't believe I'm sharing this... I gave this a lot of thought a long time ago, but decided to keep it to myself since there'd never be a reason to share it with anyone.

It's simple, all they'd need to do is restrict it to the first generation of Pokemon (original 151) and then only have the base Pokemon (Pikachu, Caterpie, Ekans, Magikarp, etc.) and those base Pokemon could evolve in game (Raichu, Metapod-Butterfree, Arbok, Gyrados, etc), release them in waves of 10 different Pokemon every month and a half in order to not completely saturate the market and give people the chance to play with them and by the time all the originals are released, it'll have been around a year, then you just move on to the next game and repeat if it proves successful.

While figures would be preferred for me, there's absolutely no reason they couldn't do it with cards w/maybe an embedded RFID chip (I'm sticking with RFID since it has been demonstrated to be able to save data like levels and such) since cards are what Nintendo is fond of. Also, take into account that the Wii U will have Near Field Communication... No reason why they couldn't do it.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#9 Posted: 12:41:00 29/09/2012
I love how that person made those sculptures, they are cute.
Pylorian Gnorc Gems: 115
#10 Posted: 15:44:41 29/09/2012
pokemon using figures like skylanders = bad idea
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me