darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Who else wishes this game didn't exist?
Page 1 of 1
Who else wishes this game didn't exist? [CLOSED]
xSpringWeatherx Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#1 Posted: 20:55:48 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
It's a fun game and it made me laugh a good few times, but I really wish it didn't exist...

To me, all it did was completely destroy Spyro's chances at getting a new game, this new Skylanders: Giants BS, really? Spyro's name isn't even in the title anymore! You don't even have to play as him either, he can be in it, that's it, though.

They just put Spyro's name in the first game so people would buy it, then they could ditch Spyro in the next one after they made money off of his name!

Also, this site has been completely taken over by that game, that's all anyone ever focuses on anymore! The whole fan fiction section, just a bunch of Skylanders, not a trace of original or Legend Spyro in there at all, you know, probably one or two Legend fan fics.

Seriously, though? I think that's all Dark52 is focusing on, too, look at the polls on the side, it's never-ending Skylander questions, I know that's because he was running out of things to ask but some people (like me) will eventually tire down from the Skylanders questions, I mean, half of them aren't even about Spyro!

It really couldn't get much worse...Skylanders has flushed Spyro and everything he knows down the tiolet, and it's clogged, too, that's how bad it is. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this stuff, right?

Well, I'm just gonna hope someone finds a plumber for that tiolet so Spyro can get back up on his feet and have a brand new video game, a good one, A SPYRO VIDEO GAME. Not some Skylander game.

I want a brand new Spyro video game, like the originals maybe, unless they plan on making the actual ending to the Legend trilogy, I think they should go back and make a new Original Spyro game, so we can pretend nothing of the past few years of Spyro ever happened, and we can have something good to talk about.

I now expect a bunch of arguing and fussing over everything I just said, so...feel free to post your complaints!
---
~Ooh, just close the door~
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#2 Posted: 21:04:33 12/09/2012
Considering this is a Spyro and Skylanders site I'm sure it isn't rocket science to assume the polls will be about Skylanders because it's the most recent thing.

Btw no because IMO while it isn't the best it's still okay and I'm not going to judge a whole game just because it doesn't revolve around Spyro. With that logic Spyro must be the only video game - no, anything, books, movies, comics, you name it - you've ever enjoyed.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:11:03 12/09/2012 by LevanJess
#3 Posted: 21:10:14 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
That's not what I said or meant, jerk...
---
#4 Posted: 21:11:15 12/09/2012
But that's what your whole post was about. :|

By the way I'm sure Spyro centered games aren't done for, just saying. They could still make another Spyro centered game sometime.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:21 12/09/2012 by LevanJess
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#5 Posted: 21:32:10 12/09/2012
Skylanders ISN'T a Spyro game. It's an original I.P with some Spyro cameos. There's no reason to even mention that it's not a real Spyro game because pretty much everyone knows and accepts that.

I often compare Skylanders to the Raving Rabbids series. Rayman needed something fresh to give him some new appeal, so they made the Rabbids series. It wasn't really a Rayman game, but Rayman was attached to it to give it mass appeal. Eventually Rayman was dropped from the Rabbids entirely when Rabbids Go Home came out, and now they have split into two separate franchises now that Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends have been made. Rayman is now a popular character again with new highly acclaimed games, and the Rabbids series can take full advantage of the rabbid characters without being tied around Rayman. Spyro will eventually be completely dropped from Skylanders, and show up in his own games again, and Spyro fans won't even remember why they ever thought Skylanders was a Spyro game to begin with.

Spyro is simply taking the same path Rayman did by making a popular spin-off series and focusing on that while the people behind the scenes try to figure out how to go about a new Spyro game. With aging mascots that aren't doing well anymore you can either go this route, or go the way of Crash Bandicoot where they didn't really try to innovate, kept failing miserably, and eventually just kinda stopped making Crash Bandicoot games. Though it's kind of funny how Skylanders Giants has something in common with "Crash of the Titans" smilie

So yeah, I wouldn't get too upset. It may take a few years, but Spyro and Skylanders will eventually go their separate ways, and much like Rayman and the Rabbids, both series will be better for it.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#6 Posted: 21:43:44 12/09/2012
Yeah, I like to think Spyro's going to get his own game again sometime, hopefully while Skylanders continues.

Either way, in my opinion, Skylanders was a fine game if you actually play it. So I respectfully disagree.
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#7 Posted: 22:58:22 12/09/2012
Quote: xSpringWeatherx
It really couldn't get much worse...Skylanders has flushed Spyro and everything he knows down the tiolet, and it's clogged, too, that's how bad it is.

Funny. I jelt the same way about the Legend of Spyro series. At least the Skylanders games are more closer to being more like Spyro in spirit (and on the 3DS version, gameplay) than Legend of Spyro could ever hope to achieve.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#8 Posted: 23:01:14 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
For the love of...Ugh, don't talk to me like I'm stupid! I know that much, I'm not an idiot...

Dino Hex, no, it's not a Spyro game, that's my problem! If it's not a Spyro game, it shouldn't have it's own section(s) on a website called Dark SPYRO! And it still has no reason to be taking over the site.

CynderFan1309, I did actually play it! It was fine, but nothing compared to a Spyro game.
Remember, this is my opinion, so don't go throwing a fit...

And LevanJess, by saying 'just saying' about the Spyro centered games, you don't know that for a fact. I know there are still slight odds, but geez...and nobody go pointing fingers saying "I told you so" to me if a new Spyro game comes out, either, because I never said his games were flushed all the way down the drain, they were clogged.
---
#9 Posted: 23:02:15 12/09/2012
How was I throwing a fit by giving my opinion? You seem to be making more uproar than me.
#10 Posted: 23:04:06 12/09/2012
you don't know that for a fact.

You don't say? :I
---
but i love it all smooth
L-Trigger Happy Green Sparx Gems: 136
#11 Posted: 23:12:26 12/09/2012
If it really bothers you so much, then click one of the 13 OTHER sections about the original Spyro games. Nobody says you HAVE to like Skylanders, everyone else on this site can do that for you.
---
~Those who say "Nothing is impossible" have clearly never tried to staple water to a tree.~
#12 Posted: 23:21:46 12/09/2012
For the love of...Ugh, don't talk to me like I'm stupid! I know that much, I'm not an idiot...

Dino Hex, no, it's not a Spyro game, that's my problem! If it's not a Spyro game, it shouldn't have it's own section(s) on a website called Dark SPYRO! And it still has no reason to be taking over the site.

While I do say it isn't a Spyro game, it IS still technically a spin-off, so it should have a section on the site. Also, it's taking over the site because it's popular. Whether most Spyro fans like to admit it or not, Skylanders is the most successful thing that Spyro has ever been attached to. There's a reason why it's the primary focus right now.
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#13 Posted: 03:16:50 13/09/2012
I don't wish that it didn't exist, simply that they didn't chuck Spyro in it. As the owner of the largest Spyro collection in the world I think I have the right to say that I'm insulted how they chucked him in here.
#14 Posted: 03:37:26 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Cynderfan, I didn't say you were throwing a fit, stupid, I said don't go throwing a fit after what I just said. And an uproar? Well, I guess I'm trying to take out some rage here...

LevanJess, I didn't say actually...Do you have proof?

L-Trigger Happy, don't talk to me like I'm an idiot...I know that, I made this topic just to let out my opinion on the game and what I want to happen with Spyro's games, and I never said people forced me to like it, either.

DinoHex, I know that! That's what I just posted! Well, I wish it wasn't so popular, my opinion, remember that, and whether it's a fact or not I don't like it, at least 2 people could look inside another topic every now and then that's about Spyro, right?
---
#15 Posted: 04:05:20 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: D-Rex
It really couldn't get much worse...Skylanders has flushed Spyro and everything he knows down the tiolet, and it's clogged, too, that's how bad it is.

Funny. I jelt the same way about the Legend of Spyro series. At least the Skylanders games are more closer to being more like Spyro in spirit (and on the 3DS version, gameplay) than Legend of Spyro could ever hope to achieve.

I'm sorry, I forgot to reply to you...Sorry for double-posting...

In spirit, yeah, I know, ever hope to achieve? He was supposed to be really different, it was a new trilogy, anyway, people didn't like the last few Orginal Spyro games, though I did, I guess no one else did. But I think Legend Spyro was a whole lot better than Skylanders, I love play TLOS video games, really fun and they did something new.
---
#16 Posted: 04:16:32 13/09/2012
The only Legend of Spyro game I played was Eternal Night on GBA. I actually really enjoyed that game if it makes you feel any better. smilie Some of the best sprite work you'll find on the GBA. Other than that I haven't really played any Spyro games. (Though I've been meaning to download the original off PSN to play on my PSP)
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#17 Posted: 04:34:18 13/09/2012
The Eternal Night on GBA is easily the best of the Legend Trilogy. smilie
#18 Posted: 10:52:46 13/09/2012
LevanJess, I didn't say actually...Do you have proof?

Congrats. You missed my sarcasm. I meant that as in "no **** sherlock" "that's totally obvious i don't know for sure"
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:07:16 13/09/2012 by LevanJess
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#19 Posted: 13:16:35 13/09/2012
You're so selfish! Activision is not here for the old Spyro fan who are never happy to begin with but for money. This is why they created this ultra lucrative spyro spin-off instead creating a copy pasta of the original that would fail anyway.

Look you don't own spyro. He isn't you personal plushe. So stop expecting Acti will give everything you want because you are frustrated.
---
THE END IS NEAR
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#20 Posted: 13:20:21 13/09/2012
Quote: nitendofan92
You're so selfish! Activision is not here for the old Spyro fan who are never happy to begin with but for money. This is why they created this ultra lucrative spyro spin-off instead creating a copy pasta of the original that would fail anyway.

Look you don't own spyro. He isn't you personal plushe
. So stop expecting Acti will give everything you want because you are frustrated.

this, I have to say, every user has an opinion, and the topic creator has his and I respect your opinion even though that you don't think the same way.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#21 Posted: 14:35:43 13/09/2012
Skylanders wasn't a bad idea. Spyro in Skylanders was the bad idea.
---
Bring the Fanta
Sanctum Nomen Green Sparx Gems: 416
#22 Posted: 16:03:13 13/09/2012
I like Spyro in Skylanders! smilie I wouldn't ever have caught on so early on the game if Spyro wasn't in it!
#23 Posted: 17:52:40 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
LevanJess, unless you're being saracstic again right now, you're an idiot, I was being sarcastic, too.

Nitendofan, shut the hell up, you have no idea what you're talking about, you don't even know who I am and you obviously missed the point in my entire post. What are you even trying to say?! It wouldn't fail if they actually put effort into it!

And I know I don't own Spyro, so don't say 'look' like that, like you're trying to make a clear point that I was too blind to see, because I do see it!! And I'm NOT EXPECTING ACTIVISION TO GIVE ME ANYTHING!!

That wasn't even my reason, anyway, idiot! It's not because I'm frustrated, look at my first post about the tiolet and everything, I was making a joke about it! Now I'm frustrated - at you, the most - because you just can't catch my point.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#24 Posted: 18:44:52 13/09/2012
I think that if Spyro wasn't in Skylanders (or in the least, decided that he'd have a new game) that the entire Spyro series would be dead. The movie was cancelled and after TLoS, I don't really think many people wanted Spyro to come back. (no offense to anyone who liked the TLoS series it just wasn't really..well..fantastic)

Now, Skylanders was originally started out to be a Spyro game, but if you recall they decided to change it because it was becoming too "gritty" which ultimately worked out for the best. Spyro is and always will be a comedy game full of hijinks and other nonsense. I think that's what Skylanders originally was made for- to give Spyro a sort of starting point to go from. However, Spyro has now sort of taken the back seat to things since the entire Skylanders Universe doesn't really revolve around him any more. (Although, there was an interview a while back with Toys For Bob where they claimed Spyro was still going to play an important role in the story.

I think Skylanders has saved Spyro. I've been a long time fan of Spyro (Spyro was my first ever console game!) and I really enjoy the series. It's got a lot of the good campy and goofy fun to it that the original game had. I don't really think it's killed Spyro's chances of having a standalone game similar to the originals, but I think it's definitely brought Spyro back into the spotlight. He's been sort of "Forgotten" for a long while. If anything, we'll probably end up seeing Spyro appear in MORE things. SSB4 comes to mind if he doesn't end up appearing in Sony Smash Bros.

Really though, Skylanders does function as a Spyro game. I see it being no different than the levels in Year of the Dragon where you play as Bentley, Shiela, Sgt Bird or Agent 9.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#25 Posted: 19:01:24 13/09/2012
This has become the everyone vs.xspringweatherx and not opinion.

Close this before comes worse. On a dif website a topic like this banned someone forever.
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
Ignitor101 Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#26 Posted: 19:39:19 13/09/2012
That's not what I said or meant, jerk...

I just love how people express their opinions!
#27 Posted: 20:05:18 13/09/2012
Man. OP should calm the hell down.
OMG U DISAGRE UR STOOOPIDDDD STFUUUUUU
Crybaby..
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:31 13/09/2012 by CynderFan1309
#28 Posted: 20:17:56 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Cynderfan? I' doing this on purpose, and by calling me names like crybaby, that's making you a crybaby if anyone, if you want me to calm down, say it, I stated before I wanted to let out some rage so I did, so shut up.

STFU? I never said that, I said hell, not the f word, I never said OMG either, I said 'for the love of..." you disagre? Yeah, you do, you can't complain, and I said don't talk to me like I'm stupid, or 'you idiot' because you're all being idiotic, so, again, shut up. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Princessluna, I was just doing that, thanks.
---
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#29 Posted: 20:26:18 13/09/2012
SpringWeather, just calm down. You calling everone idiots is just going to make things worse, and by even posting this you were kind of asking for trouble.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#30 Posted: 20:32:36 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I said I was trying to let out rage, I believe I just said that, right? And if people are being idiotic, I guess I couldn't help it if I was as mad as I just was, I'm usually perfectly calm and happy, 'cause I don't usually get angry because there's nothing to get angry about, my life's just fine.

A few things were just getting on my nerves and I wanted to let out anger, so I did it like this rather than breaking things in my own house, lol, so there you have it.

I'm not trying to be rude or sarcastic in this post, I'm just stating my opinions and what went wrong, nobody really understands me anyway so it's nothing I'm not used to, that's why I was mad. Music calms me down. smilie
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#31 Posted: 20:35:11 13/09/2012
This is totally not a cry for attention... Posting a topic saying "This game shouldn't exist!" in the Skylanders section of the forum smilie
#32 Posted: 20:37:40 13/09/2012
^ This

If you wanted everyone to agree with you, then you should have posted this in the Stuff and Nonsense
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#33 Posted: 20:41:15 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
No, that's not why. I wanted to hear other people's opinions, I expected arguing, like I said in the first post, and I didn't say 'I wish it didn't exist!' all hype, I said sometimes I wish it didn't exist, right? I knew what I was doing, aparently nobody else caught on to it, even affter I said it a thousand times... smilie Now does everybody mind not posting anymore so I can close this topic?
---
#34 Posted: 20:45:50 13/09/2012
Yet, when people speak their mind you tell them to shut up. How smart.
---
THE END IS NEAR
#35 Posted: 20:48:52 13/09/2012
^ This

When some argues with you, you say they "don't understand what you are saying" and call them idiots. Even though you said you were ready to deal with complaints. This is really just a cry for attention, and you obviously not very mature.
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#36 Posted: 20:50:51 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I don't feel like dealing with this anymore. No one here understands what I mean, I guess. I'll ask nicely, please stop posting so I can close this topic.
---
#37 Posted: 20:53:09 13/09/2012
I don't feel like dealing with this anymore. No one here understands what I mean, I guess. I'll ask nicely, please stop posting so I can close this topic.

Really? That's the 4th or 5th time you've said that. Why don't you just say what you mean, instead of whining about it. smilie
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#38 Posted: 20:53:50 13/09/2012
Exactly.
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:20 13/09/2012 by princessluna409
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#39 Posted: 20:58:11 13/09/2012

>Posts a topic expecting people to argue with you
>When people argue with you, you say "You don't understand me!"
>When it gets too much for you, you give up

You didn't think this through, did you?
#40 Posted: 20:59:57 13/09/2012
^ This this this
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#41 Posted: 21:01:55 13/09/2012
agry with Reaganag
---
THE END IS NEAR
Winston1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#42 Posted: 21:02:24 13/09/2012
Regardless of the fact that Skylanders did not become a Spyro game, I think we can all agree on one thing; it got people talking about Spyro again.
#43 Posted: 21:03:54 13/09/2012
^ Yep
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me