Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Are people still finding variants? If so where?
Page 1 of 1
Are people still finding variants? If so where? [CLOSED]
tmentuis Green Sparx Gems: 318
#1 Posted: 06:11:52 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
i just found a GITD Zap at a walmart in Wisconsin, it looks like they are still making them. Anyone else find any recently? Do you think they will go down in value as more come out?
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Working On Collecting All Lightcore Package Variations.
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#2 Posted: 09:54:31 12/09/2012
I have never seen a variant in a store, the only one I have ever gotten was in the Camo, Warnado, Ignitor triple pack.....my Warnado is missing his jaw and it's not in the box. But I really want a GITD Zap that would be awesome.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#3 Posted: 11:19:25 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
i got really lucky with the zap, it looked like they had just stocked that day. They had every single pack /3 pack/ adventure pack except wham shell, and then the one zap.
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Orog Red Sparx Gems: 43
#4 Posted: 12:01:18 12/09/2012
Glow Warnado from HMV in the UK but im thinking to do a ~500 mile road trip to all the HMV and toys r us and tesco and asda and sainsburys along the route hunting for variants
---
37/37 & 4 Sidekicks, Blue Bash, all 3 GITDs & Clear Cynder!
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#5 Posted: 12:03:47 12/09/2012
Quote: tmentuis
i just found a GITD Zap at a walmart in Wisconsin, it looks like they are still making them. Anyone else find any recently? Do you think they will go down in value as more come out?

I hate you. Naw, congrats on the GITD Zap!
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#6 Posted: 12:25:35 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Orog
Glow Warnado from HMV in the UK but im thinking to do a ~500 mile road trip to all the HMV and toys r us and tesco and asda and sainsburys along the route hunting for variants

Sounds fun, good luck!
---
#7 Posted: 12:27:01 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Reaganag
Quote: tmentuis

I hate you. Naw, congrats on the GITD Zap!

Thanks! it came at just the right time, earlier in the day i was debating whether or not to try to collect all the variants, i go to walmart and there it is... seems my mind is made up now, i have to get them all.
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#8 Posted: 14:41:08 12/09/2012
Never seen a variant. Every employee in every store I've asked about it says they have never received one- that can't be coincidence.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#9 Posted: 17:32:36 12/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Never seen a variant. Every employee in every store I've asked about it says they have never received one- that can't be coincidence.

A couple of mind admitted that if a variant did come in, they'd buy it themselves :/
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 18:36:25 12/09/2012
Never Seen a Variant master race reporting in. I always look though, although I'd have to imagine only the Glow in the Dark and crystal guys are still being made right now. I'd be nice if they re-release them in large quantities after the fiasco trying to get them out during the main run.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#11 Posted: 20:30:33 12/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
Never Seen a Variant master race reporting in. I always look though, although I'd have to imagine only the Glow in the Dark and crystal guys are still being made right now. I'd be nice if they re-release them in large quantities after the fiasco trying to get them out during the main run.

Agreed. While i like the fact that they are harder to find, that makes it more fun, it would be nice if they were somewhat findable.
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#12 Posted: 01:32:30 13/09/2012
Haven't found any yet (of course), but distribution here has been horrible. Seen wave 5 a few times, but only saw wave 6 (minus Wham-shell, of course) once. Everywhere keeps getting in that darn filler wave!
---
#all Spyros are valid
Orog Red Sparx Gems: 43
#13 Posted: 16:47:56 13/09/2012
Just found a Clear Cynder in ASDA (UK Walmart) after going in there to see if they had any WERDS.... thats 2 Variants in a week.... road trip here i come! i have to find them ALL!
---
37/37 & 4 Sidekicks, Blue Bash, all 3 GITDs & Clear Cynder!
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#14 Posted: 17:02:12 13/09/2012
Wow! Nice!
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#15 Posted: 19:34:24 13/09/2012
Lucky! I live in the US, variants like that are nowhere.

I still see red drill sergs everywhere in walmart or target, I can't remember which one, bur ya.
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#16 Posted: 01:48:05 14/09/2012
Saw lot ruby red drill sergent at walmart
---
THE END IS NEAR
2focusd Green Sparx Gems: 102
#17 Posted: 01:55:37 14/09/2012
I've still never seen a WERDS at any Walmart I've been to, but I found one at retail price on eBay and resorted to that one. I'm still desperately searching for a TRU Blue Bash too, because I've also never seen one of those.

-Brian
#18 Posted: 02:02:38 14/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: nitendofan92
Saw lot ruby red drill sergent at walmart

My walmart has Red DS on clearance ($7), they have tons.
---
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#19 Posted: 07:09:24 14/09/2012
I have never seen a variant and would really want a Clear Cynder, Glow in the Dark Warnado, Glow in the Dark Zap and Clear Wham Shell
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me