Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Review your merchandise PLEASE! [CLOSED]
jakesterg Blue Sparx Gems: 806
#1 Posted: 22:46:23 06/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Title says it all.
Review all your merch. This includes cases, figures, and the game itself.
---
Irish Jig!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:14:15 06/09/2012 by jakesterg
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#2 Posted: 23:23:19 06/09/2012
Yep, it is still all there - present and accounted for!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#3 Posted: 23:28:18 06/09/2012 | Topic Creator
No I mean tell if you like what you got for skylanders.

But I'd better go check anyway smilie
---
Irish Jig!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#4 Posted: 23:46:21 06/09/2012
I like what I got for Skylanders!
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
#5 Posted: 23:52:01 06/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Did you get the adventure case?
---
Irish Jig!
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#6 Posted: 00:32:04 07/09/2012
The Skylanders Adventure Case? No way.

For the exact same price, I picked up the Stanley 46 Compartment Tool and Small Parts Organizer from Home Depot, works great. Now, it's only $24.97, but it's become an online only item.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#7 Posted: 00:45:31 07/09/2012
Quote: sykotek

For the exact same price, I picked up the Stanley 46 Compartment Tool and Small Parts Organizer from Home Depot, works great. Now, it's only $24.97, but it's become an online only item.

Someone needs to leave a customer review that says "It's great for holding Skylanders!" smilie
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:07 07/09/2012 by DinoHex
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#8 Posted: 01:56:13 07/09/2012
Tower Case: Good for display, terrible for carry. Though it looks pretty stylish, it constantly flips open and the figures always fall around.

Soft Case: Mine came without the inserts. Regardless, avoid, it cannot hold any of the portals in their allocated slots and cards actually fall out of the top.

Adventure Case: Only really good if you want to carry everything and don't mind a few scratches. Not really reliable if you just want to carry a little. Sadly it's a bit floppy.

Lunchbox with aluminum bottle: Surprisingly, this is hte only merchandise I think is decent all round. The bottle is nice but a bit annoying to drink from while the lunchbox looks okay and can actually hold figures well if you make some slots for it, the side can even fit the 3DS Portal in sturdily. Bit expensive though at $25 which you could almost buy an Adventure or Triple pack with...
#9 Posted: 22:52:34 07/09/2012 | Topic Creator
That's what I want!
---
Irish Jig!
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#10 Posted: 19:47:25 08/09/2012
Well, guess this is as good of a place as any to type this.

Everyone, before it's not available anymore, GO BUY THE DARKLIGHT CRYPT ADVENTURE PACK! If you haven't already done this, make sure you do. It is by far the best adventure pack, and I'll tell you why.

Starting with Ghost Roaster, he's an all around great character. On the XBox360 and PS3 versions he's really strong when upgraded down the skull charge path, but on the Wii version, his skull charge attack is horribly nerfed. That doesn't make Ghost Roaster useless on wii though, and in fact it actually makes him more fun to use if you ask me. On the Wii, the less time you spend in Skull Charge mode the better since you can only hit an enemy once while in that mode. In other versions it can hit multiple times, but not in the wii version. So Ghost Roaster on Wii is one of the most unique characters because he's actually the most fun to use if you don't buy ANY upgrades for him. He's a fun character that's still pretty powerful that you don't have to worry about spending your treasure on to upgrade him. Plus he's also special in that he's the only character that can get killed in the Ruins because of his ectoplasm mode. It's not really anything important, but it's another thing that's completely unique to Ghost Roaster.

Ghost Roaster is also one of the nicest looking figures of the whole set as he's very detailed. It's a high quality figure to begin with, but he's even more awesome because you can actually make his mouth move and pretend he's talking if you're the type that enjoys playing just with the figures themselves. His glow in the dark skull base still works even on recent figures of him too, and it works the best out of all of the the undead characters. There's a lot of awesome within Ghost Roaster's figure.

Then there's the Darklight Crypt level. To start off, it's probably the second nicest adventure pack level figure out of the four. (The pirate ship being the nicest) As for the level itself, it's easily the best of the four levels as it not only has a creative and fun gameplay mechanic not found in the rest of the game, but it also has a cool boss fight at the end that doesn't just involve beating up the boss with your most powerful attacks. I hope Skylanders Giants has more boss fights like the one found in Darklight Crypt. It's also special because it affects the main game. Once you beat Darklight Crypt, special healing pies are scattered throughout the main story mode that ordinarily wouldn't be there, giving you a bit of extra help at staying alive. Not only is Darklight Crypt the best adventure pack level, but it's easily my favourite level of the whole game for its creativity. Certainly worth the price to get Ghost Roaster AND this great level.

As if that weren't enough, even the two items you get in the Darklight Crypt pack are really cool. There's the healing elixer which heals you by 30 HP until the timer runs out, or until you take it off of the portal. It usually can't restore a full health bar for a level 10 character which I think is a good thing. It means if you have multiple characters at low health and you only want to use them, you have to be more careful with how you share the potion around. Not only that, but it's a cool figure to play around with and pretend you're drinking a potion. Whenever I put it on the portal, I pretend to pop the cork out of the bottle before placing it on. smilie

There's also the time slowing item that slows enemies down until the timer runs out or you remove it from the portal. A very handy item if you happen to get trapped by baddies, and need a bit of extra time to fight back before getting clobbered to death. It's also a cool looking figure you can carry around with you and use in fun situations.

Darklight Crypt is the only adventure pack where every item in the pack is worth getting, so the extra price of it is well worth it. If you haven't picked up Darklight Crypt already, then make sure you hurry and do so. Who knows if it will still be around when Skylanders Giants comes out, and at least in my area, it's already becoming somewhat difficult to find.

Highly recommended
A+ product.
Go buy it.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#11 Posted: 23:24:24 10/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the nice review!
---
Irish Jig!
tmentuis Green Sparx Gems: 318
#12 Posted: 12:41:24 12/09/2012
i have heard a lot of complaints from people about figures breaking, losing limbs and heads, has that happened to anyone here? All the Skylanders i have gotten have been of great quality, not an issue even after some rather nasty falls.
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Working On Collecting All Lightcore Package Variations.
#13 Posted: 07:04:45 20/09/2012
Skylanders USBs

These USBs are, I'll cut to the chase... Stylish, useful, and good value. The art on them looks nice and is solid (it's actually molded from plastic ala the Spyro keychains they made) and for the cost of them, which if I remember right is just $12.89, the 4GB of memory on the USBs themselves is fairly generous as well. The first non-toy merchandise worth owning, and it comes in Spyro, Gill Grunt, Trigger Happy and Stealth Elf style.
To plug it into a USB port, you remove the lower part of the character mold, which stays on very solidly but not impossibly. So you can see the entire character, but the bottom part of them protects the input!
As an extension, you can actually use these as keychains because they have a tiny strap on them which you can attach to stuff. Each of them comes with a little piece that attaches to the strap as well, with the Element symbol of the character on it. If you want to, you can even remove this strap, and just carry it as a USB.
If you see one, buy it. It's great style, it looks nice, and it's practical and cheap. 9/10.

Edit: My Gill Grunt actually removes the USB stick when I open it. You have been warned! smilie That's my only problem with these though. I'm not sure if this is specific to mine or is widespread because I don't have another to open and test. You can still fix this by holding down the upper part of his body when you remove it though, so it's not massive, and not worth deducing points over.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:17:01 20/09/2012 by Nibelilt
#14 Posted: 10:32:33 20/09/2012
The latest Big W catalogue has a page showing all of these items, including the USB sticks. I am too lazy to scan it, though, so some other Aussie can do it...
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#15 Posted: 10:33:21 20/09/2012
Eeyup, that's where I found them.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#16 Posted: 10:42:46 20/09/2012
they have usb's?
I only saw head phones and 5 different back packs, plus a stealth elf key ring smilie
oh well smilie
key rings were actually cheap, $2!
#17 Posted: 11:16:52 20/09/2012
The cushion headphones are actually really nice as well... They're comfortable, the audio is good, and they have a good size area(extendable).
#18 Posted: 11:22:59 20/09/2012
Quote: crystalhero37
they have usb's?
I only saw head phones and 5 different back packs, plus a stealth elf key ring smilie
oh well smilie
key rings were actually cheap, $2!

If they had a Wrecking Ball keyring, my daughter would have bought it in a heartbeat! $2.
---
Soylent Green is People!
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#19 Posted: 06:28:05 24/09/2012
yes, I hope so. I believe I heard there is spyro and other skylanders too, hope fully they do more than the console skylanders.
juz Green Sparx Gems: 370
#20 Posted: 11:56:21 25/09/2012
Quote: sykotek

THANKS!! There's an equivalent available in Australia at Bunnings. Getting one soon. almost paying 80% more for it in Australia..ho hum

http://www.bunnings.com.au/pro...xes+and+Storage
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#21 Posted: 16:13:13 29/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Hm. I still like the adventure case though.
---
Irish Jig!
Capoeira Blue Sparx Gems: 585
#22 Posted: 06:51:49 30/09/2012
I did a review of the Gill Grunt Bobble Stylus for YouTube. You might enjoy watching it.

Also, I'm doing reviews for individual Skylanders. I've got 3 uploaded so far with 2 more waiting to be edited. A subscription to my YouTube channel will insure that you're there to see the latest uploads! ;-)
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#23 Posted: 17:48:31 02/10/2012
I've done a video review of Sonic Boom and Whirlwind.
You can find them on my YouTube channel. Check out my other videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Wi...01?feature=mhee
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me