Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Wal-mart exclusive Drill Sergeant Paint Job on a Recent Drill Sergeant
Page 1 of 1
Wal-mart exclusive Drill Sergeant Paint Job on a Recent Drill Sergeant [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 05:11:46 03/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Hey there! I don't know if this is normal or not, but tonight I found singles of Drill Sergeant at Wal-Mart, and they looked different than singles I had seen at other stores. It then hit me that this was a similar paint job to when Drill Sergeant used to be exclusive to Wal-Mart. I don't think Canada ever got Drill Sergeant back when he was exclusive to Wal-Mart, so I was pretty excited. It's weird because I had bought a single of him at EBGames not too terribly long ago, and he didn't look like this. Here's a comparison of the one I bought tonight next to one I got in a three pack.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

He looks SOOOOOOOOOOO much better like this. Don't know why they didn't keep him this way the whole time. So is it weird that I found a Drill Sergeant with this paint job? Or does Wal-Mart still have Drill Sergeants like this, and nowhere else? Sorry I didn't get it in the picture, but it does NOT have the "exclusively at Wal-mart" logo on it. There were two Drill Sergeants like this at the store.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#2 Posted: 05:18:33 03/09/2012
They are releasing both randomly now, but I think the old versions are exclusive to Walmart/Big W. I have both, and the original looks soo much better! smilie Honestly, it's worth stalking around just for one. The new ones look much more plain.
#3 Posted: 05:26:47 03/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I agree. Honestly, the new ones look like cheap knock-off Drill Sergeants you'd buy from Hong Kong on ebay. :/
---
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#4 Posted: 06:50:05 03/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
They are releasing both randomly now, but I think the old versions are exclusive to Walmart/Big W. I have both, and the original looks soo much better! smilie Honestly, it's worth stalking around just for one. The new ones look much more plain.

if you mean now, I've actually seen them at target, so I guess the only way the older ones are rarer now is becuase of the sticker, which Big W didn't.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#5 Posted: 08:21:15 03/09/2012
Show the top of the box. Pics Of the whole box or this is false.
---
words. letters. filler.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#6 Posted: 08:44:42 03/09/2012
^ Makes no difference since you can just take off the sticker.

I can confirm though some original waves of Drill Sergeant in Aus without the sticker had it too...
letoze Green Sparx Gems: 230
#7 Posted: 23:37:29 03/09/2012
I looked at my Drill Sergeant, forgot where I got him but he's not the exclusive. He's metallic like your left one.
Recently (last two months or so) I've been seeing the plastic looking ones all over. Haven't checked if they're going back to metallic or what.

I think people have said the original Wal-mart exclusives had a reddish tinge to their base.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#8 Posted: 01:17:05 04/09/2012
Yeah the one with the "Walmart Exclusive" Paint job is much better, I have both the Exclusive (Which I got first) then got the other (Before realizing there was a difference).

I like the other better, the mass produced one looks like a knock off. But I've heard you can find the one with the better paint job every now and again. Kinda weird that the character would have two different paint jobs :/
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#9 Posted: 02:02:47 04/09/2012
It all depends what batch it was made in and how much they rushed the production.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#10 Posted: 16:30:27 04/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Show the top of the box. Pics Of the whole box or this is false.

Why would I make a topic and lie about this? I'm not the type that likes to spread false information and confuse people. : )

Like I said, I don't think Canada even GOT the Wal-Mart exclusive Drill Sergeant, but fortunately while I was at a Toys R Us express to get the Ignitor three pack, I found a whole row of similarly painted Drill Sergeants. I bought one for my wall display of favourite characters, so here is a picture. (I should still have my receipt somewhere too if you don't believe I got it at a Toys R US)

[User Posted Image]

My camera was almost out of battery, so I couldn't get a great shot in time, but you should be able to tell from this. This one's actually a little bit BETTER than the one I got at Wal-Mart. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:34:29 04/09/2012 by DinoHex
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me