Page 1 of 1
The game is getting old... [CLOSED]
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#1 Posted: 22:25:20 02/09/2012 | Topic Creator
sorry to bug u guys but is it just me or is Skylanders Spyros Adventure getting old partly because either u have everything or ur parents wont buy u any more or now that they announced giants ur crazy about giants or just find the old game boring?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:44 02/09/2012 by andy2467
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#2 Posted: 22:54:52 02/09/2012
I'm not crazy about the Giants, the game just got bored to me. It doesn't have much things to do after the campaign, not like the Classic Spyro games.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#3 Posted: 23:35:54 02/09/2012
The game is starving replay value wise,It's a great game but it just isn't as good as it was when you were still looking for all the figures...
Voltara Blue Sparx Gems: 538
#4 Posted: 23:38:26 02/09/2012
It is becoming a huge bore...
---
As the sun lowers...Darkness moves in...The night has risen on my broken soul. I will be lost before the dawn...
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#5 Posted: 03:35:56 03/09/2012
Gameplay is good...
Designs are good...
Everything else is lacking.

All they needed to do was include more replay value, then it would have been fine. As it is on the console version the most you'd get from each figure from leveling them up and getting the upgrades and finishing their Heroics is 3 hours.And getting three Stars on everything is the easiest thing I've done in a game in some time.

I know you can go back, replay, reset and everything, but there just isn't any incentive to.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#6 Posted: 09:04:49 03/09/2012
The replay value was all in the individual figures, which is why they release them in waves (its smart business for all the duds who keep screaming for them all to be released on day one for giants). I'm shocked they scrapped 2v2 PvP for giants which would have added lots more replayability.

Things they should look into for the future:

4 player arena battles
Arena battles with CPU controlled skylanders
Survival modes
Online multiplayer
Make more minions on par with the skylanders, lengthening the game due to extended combat without having to design extra levels
More collectables and extras in the standard game
Achievements for completing things solo, and achievements for completing the same things with 2 or more players.
Multiple endings (plenty of options here as to how to determine which ending you get)
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
juz Green Sparx Gems: 370
#7 Posted: 09:59:23 03/09/2012
Quote: Earth-Dragon

Arena battles with CPU controlled skylanders
Survival modes
)

this..especially a "horde" mode like a certain G(ow)ame...ever increasing swathes of enemies to take on until you are over run..especially co-op...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#8 Posted: 11:13:06 03/09/2012
Quote: Earth-Dragon
The replay value was all in the individual figures, which is why they release them in waves

Exactly- BUT they have barely anything to do with.
Stalled Releases =/= Long playtime.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:21:59 03/09/2012 by Nibelilt
bash fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5093
#9 Posted: 12:33:51 03/09/2012
I've noticed there are not much new posts in the Skylanders Spyro's Adventure topics.
---
All we had to do, was follow the damn train, CJ!
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#10 Posted: 13:52:15 03/09/2012
"u"
"ur"

*twitches*

I think right now like a few people have said is that the replay value wears off after all of the characters have been released. This was one of the huge reasons why they probably didn't want to release all the characters on Day 1, or we'd have given this game up by the end of last year.

Right now, much of the hype seems to be for Giants naturally, so thats where most people have headed. Although I'm sure there will still be an active amount of people posting here, just like there are for all the other Spyro games.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#11 Posted: 14:27:58 03/09/2012
Well... This is Activision, their specialty is making games that get old just before the release of the sequel.
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#12 Posted: 16:06:39 03/09/2012 | Topic Creator
they should also make a FAIR battle arena the most fair right now is probably the pirate grotto
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Voltara Blue Sparx Gems: 538
#13 Posted: 18:06:17 03/09/2012
I agree with CPU controlled skylanders, level grinding! YEA!
---
As the sun lowers...Darkness moves in...The night has risen on my broken soul. I will be lost before the dawn...
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#14 Posted: 23:19:05 03/09/2012
I've been trying to find a team of characters I like for a while now, (one of each element) and I'm still playing Skylanders quite often. I usually play it before bed when I'm just waiting to get tired while also listening to episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000. : )

I think I've finally found a team I like overall from both a gameplay standpoint, and a figure design standpoint.

Channeler Double Trouble (Magic)
Blademaster Ignitor (Fire)
Vampiric Warrior Chop-Chop (Undead)
Captain Crustacean Wham-Shell (Water)
Vine Virtuoso Camo (life)
Granite Dragon Bash (Earth)
Megadozer Drill Sergeant (Tech)
Eye of the Storm Warnado (Air)
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#15 Posted: 23:58:24 03/09/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
"u"
"ur"

*twitches*

I think right now like a few peopler have said is that the replay value wears off after all of the characters have been released. This was one of the huge reasons why they probably didn't want to release all the characters on Day 1, or we'd have given this game up by the end of last year.

Right, but personally I just wasn't interested in waiting as long as we had to. You had to wait a month and a half for a new wave and you got... Inconsistent and scalped trickles of THREE NEW CHARATERS, which means around nine hours for that time. Just awful. Honestly, they simply frustrated me- I know how they were meant to keep interest BUT due to how poorly distributed they were and how little value the game itself had, I didn't keep playing the game, I just talked these forums to check when something new was out in Australia, or ask workers in stores for them if we happened to be there. Again, stalled releases =/= long playtime. I jut put down new characters when I got them, only playing a lot of them just recently, and honestly even though I really enjoy the idea... I didn't stay around, I didn't keep playing, there are better things I could have spent this mony on and I only invested so much because it had Spyro... And the biggest of the issues that his game has are difficulty, bang for buck and replay value.

Quote:
Right now, much of the hype seems to be for Giants naturally, so thats where most people have headed. Although I'm sure there will still be an active amount of people posting here, just like there are for all the other Spyro games.

The Spyro games forums aren't active silly! smilie

Quote: bionicle2809
Well... This is Activision, their specialty is making games that get old just before the release of the sequel.

More like months before. smilie
tmentuis Green Sparx Gems: 318
#16 Posted: 03:23:06 14/09/2012
i didn't touch the game for a couple months, then came back to it. Seemed to remove the bore factor.
---
smiliegc:smilieGreensmilieFlockedsmilieWERsmilie GITDsmiliesmiliesmilie Bluesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Working On Collecting All Lightcore Package Variations.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me