Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Sign Petition for Skylanders Sidekicks outside US
Page 1 of 1
Sign Petition for Skylanders Sidekicks outside US [CLOSED]
PortalMasterEon Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#1 Posted: 21:12:54 22/08/2012 | Topic Creator
http://www.change.org/en-GB/pe...cks-outside-usa

Sign It NOW!!!!!
---
Greetings Portal Masters!
I'm looking for a Royal Double Trouble + Platinum Chest
ultimusomega Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#2 Posted: 03:11:27 23/08/2012
I understand the idea of wanting these like I would have liked to buy a darkspyro single in usa and not pay a hi amount but for people to be able to tell someone or a company how to sell or who to sell to needs to step bk and think if I wreck my car if ur insurance tells you can't take ur car to someone to fix it u have the right to take it to anypone u please to fix it. I'm not saying others don't deserve them but I don't agree with this way what does everyone else think. And please if u post don't fight with my view of it it is my view would just like to read what others think on it
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#3 Posted: 04:04:41 23/08/2012
...Ultimus, I genuinely can't understand what you wrote there. Your sentence was far too long and lacking in punctuation and grammar.

Anyway, I'm signing this. I don't think it's right for the Sidekicks to only be in one country in the world.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#4 Posted: 04:12:30 23/08/2012
Gonna sign this. Activision have been too lazy in releases, first exclusive variants, and now these! Urgh!

ultimusomega- But Dark Spyro is literally just a reskin outside of the 3DS version. I understand that, but one, if you want him so badly you can find the 3DS version at a discount price- making him still available, and quite easily- two, buy a pre-owned one from GameStop if you're lucky- or three, buy a 3DS copy and return it without him(which is more common than you would think). At least he is available to you at all, outside of America two variants and the Sidekicks are totally unavailable without paying extra for them... But you can go and buy Dark Spyro in any store.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 09:11:08 23/08/2012
We're up to 51 signatures for this now!

Only 49 more and I can send it to Activision.
---
Bring the Fanta
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 03:09:24 24/08/2012
You just triple posted *shot*
#7 Posted: 08:15:28 24/08/2012
No. someone just deleted their posts (for a good reason).
---
Bring the Fanta
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#8 Posted: 14:32:06 24/08/2012
Only 40 needed now. I whacked the link up on Skylanders Game and Release the Sidekicks Outside the US Facebook pages and got a few more signatures.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#9 Posted: 19:35:19 26/08/2012
We are currently sitting at 68!
---
Bring the Fanta
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#10 Posted: 19:36:13 26/08/2012
I'll help, I'm in US but I think it's unfair
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
#11 Posted: 18:27:56 28/08/2012
Now on 71! Only 29 more to go! Spread the word!
---
Bring the Fanta
Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#12 Posted: 05:31:31 29/08/2012
I signed not that I'm holding my breath that this is going to actually work
---
~Canadian~
#13 Posted: 17:03:08 08/09/2012
Come on people! Only 19 more!
---
Bring the Fanta
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#14 Posted: 21:28:20 08/09/2012
i would sigh..but why does it have to ask so much personal information
---
Green Bean Machine
#15 Posted: 21:42:17 08/09/2012
When I signed it I used my old UK address, that worked smilie
---
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#16 Posted: 22:03:09 08/09/2012
Quote: zook it up
i would sigh..but why does it have to ask so much personal information

I know,I remember signing something to save the Jaws ride at Universal Orlando...

Guess what! It failed, and the site kept emailing me about how "We won! Verizon has lowered their prices!" Who cares! I signed just one petition,I don't want to know about every single one!

Sorry, I got a little carried away....
Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#17 Posted: 02:01:04 09/09/2012
It would be nice if they brought them out outside of the Us. It's stupid that otherwise the only way for us to get them is on Ebay for over $100 which is a huge rip off
---
~Canadian~
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#18 Posted: 06:35:27 16/09/2012
No offence to those in UK but you all need to stop complaining and let us have Flocked Stump Smash, Red Drill Sergeant and the Sidekicks. You are already getting GITD Cynder and you should be happy with that
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#19 Posted: 06:40:14 16/09/2012
Quote: WhirlwindDragon
No offence to those in UK but you all need to stop complaining and let us have Flocked Stump Smash, Red Drill Sergeant and the Sidekicks. You are already getting GITD Cynder and you should be happy with that

But what about the rest of the world? Places like Australia got regionalised variants.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#20 Posted: 06:50:31 16/09/2012
Activision will probably strike promotion for Skylanders Sidekicks in Australia with some kind of food company in your country. Honestly that would have to do somehow. Also I see no reason for these exclusives to hit Japan at all
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#21 Posted: 07:05:51 16/09/2012
There shouldn't be any exclusives anywhere. There needs to be at least some way to find them everywhere.

JAPAN DESERVES SKYLANDERS TOO.

If you got GITD Cynder there you wouldn't be saying anything about other countries at all. smilie
#22 Posted: 07:20:03 16/09/2012
^this++

Lays chips exist here in Oz and in the UK they own Walkers. Neither country got sidekicks.

Activision has proven time and again that it does not care about marginalising consumers by region.

And what is with all of the Jap hate? Is it because they get cool Pokemon things, or something?

I think the outcome is clear - items should be available to all countries. I can sort of forgive some form of expo/con special (but then events in more nations should be honoured) but the whole translucent / flocked / sidekick thing is outrageous!
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#23 Posted: 07:29:40 16/09/2012
What makes you think Japan should get Skylanders?

Lets get some things straight. They have a pokemon theme park and pokemon center stores all over in Japan and exclusive pokemon stuff while the USA gets none of that.

It's like saying Japan should get more pokemon stuff and the USA should get less.

That is why in my opinion I think Japan should get less Skylanders than USA
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#24 Posted: 07:31:50 16/09/2012
What you're basically saying is that America doesn't deserve Pokemon.

Why don't Japan deserve Skylanders? It's not difficult to translate a game like this, and a lot of places already have overstocks of figures, PLUS the figures work with all regions.

It's ridiculous that you think just because Japan gets a lot of Pokemon stuff that they don't need Skylanders.
#25 Posted: 08:09:27 16/09/2012
What makes you think Japan should get Skylanders?

Lets get some things straight. They have a pokemon theme park and pokemon center stores all over in Japan and exclusive pokemon stuff while the USA gets none of that.

It's like saying Japan should get more pokemon stuff and the USA should get less.

That is why in my opinion I think Japan should get less Skylanders than USA

This is exceptionally disengenuous when you stated in another thread the all countries should be able to get all of the variants.
---
Soylent Green is People!
#26 Posted: 08:45:36 16/09/2012
All this whining is really getting to me now. **

In fairness Skylanders is an American brand, so it seems right that they get the lion's share of exclusives and what not. **Just as Japan get Pokemon, France gets Asterix, Ireland gets the GAA and I can't think of anything else right now.

Yes, it is terribly annoying when other countries are left out in the cold. **

The reason I have been constantly contacting Activision here in the UK (via Facebook, Twitter and phone calls and mentioning it to every Rep I meet) is to get the Sidekicks released (yes in the UK, but hopefully Europe will follow along with everywhere else). **The data for Sidekicks exists both on the games and on Universe, so that is a strong case to get them released. **It's almost four months since I started on Acti's case and they are not getting rid of me any time soon.

Flocked Stump Smash and Red Drill would be nice, but they don't have as strong a case as Sidekicks.

The question is then WhirlwindDragon (and other users who complain about lack of X) is have you contacted your region's Activision and asked questions on the missing items?

And please before you use Pokemon as your weapon of choice again please note the Pokemon Center Vending machine that lives in Seattle (halfway down this page) and located**in new York, the Nintendo World hosts Pokedolls and some other Pokemerch in the US. **Another point of interest is that the Pokemon Park has been disbanded since 2006, it ain't coming back any time soon.
---
#27 Posted: 09:11:08 16/09/2012
I have never thought of contacting my region's Activision to ask questions on the missing items and I do hope that you guys get the Sidekicks in the UK though your region's Activision would have to strike a deal with some sort of food company in your region
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#28 Posted: 14:23:21 16/09/2012

This petition was started BEFORE GITD Cynder became known.

And please, stop involving Japan in this. You seem to be quite happy mentioning how much Pokémon merchandise they receive and yet, once again, you ignore how much the US has. Disney Land, Disney World, Universal Studios, Nintendo World... All of which are absent from the UK entirely. Heck, all Europe has that the US doesn't have is Parc Astérix, and let's face it - Poor old Asty isn't very popular outside Europe anyway. Just stop with the jealousy towards Japan.

All variants should be available in all countries, end of. But alas, that's not the way it's working right now.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#29 Posted: 14:33:33 16/09/2012
Quote: RadSpyro

This petition was started BEFORE GITD Cynder became known.

And please, stop involving Japan in this. You seem to be quite happy mentioning how much Pokémon merchandise they receive and yet, once again, you ignore how much the US has. Disney Land, Disney World, Universal Studios, Nintendo World... All of which are absent from the UK entirely. Heck, all Europe has that the US doesn't have is Parc Astérix, and let's face it - Poor old Asty isn't very popular outside Europe anyway. Just stop with the jealousy towards Japan.

All variants should be available in all countries, end of. But alas, that's not the way it's working right now.

I have to say I agree,this WhirlwindDragon is being a total ****
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#30 Posted: 18:26:10 16/09/2012
I signed. Even though I live in the USA. I believe its unfair for one single country to get exclusives. I think all of them should be available everywhere.

And seriously the jealousy towards Japan needs to stop. We have ways of getting pokemon stuff in the USA they aren't the only country with pokemon merch. I mean heck we have Nintendo World they sell pokmon stuff..Targe, Walmart, TRU (They all have pokemon stuff) so just chill out man.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#31 Posted: 19:16:08 16/09/2012
7 more needed!
---
Bring the Fanta
#32 Posted: 18:35:38 17/09/2012
I hope they release them in UK and Australia. Also why don't you add in GITD Cynder to be released to other countries outside of the UK? Now that wouldn't be fair wouldn't it?
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:39:55 17/09/2012 by WhirlwindDragon
#33 Posted: 18:50:25 17/09/2012
I hope they release them in UK and Australia. Also why don't you add in GITD Cynder to be released to other countries outside of the UK? Now that wouldn't be fair wouldn't it?

Not enough room in the title.

Also, nothing has stated that GitD Cynder is UK exclusive yet.
---
Bring the Fanta
#34 Posted: 12:20:13 20/09/2012
Boom! Only 3 more to go!
---
#35 Posted: 12:29:48 20/09/2012
Hopefully we can even surpass that, because even after 100, I just get the feeling Activision still won't care.

I was really hoping that they would be a pre-order bonus for Giants. THEY WOUKD HAVE EARNED SO MUCH MONEY FROM THAT *COUGH* don't you think?
#36 Posted: 18:19:20 22/09/2012
100 SIGNATURES!!!

*clears throat*

Does anyone know how I can get Activision/Toys for Bob to notice this?
Do I email it to them, or what?
---
Bring the Fanta
#37 Posted: 19:07:27 22/09/2012
I'll be laughing if the UK region's Activision would not even care about this and denies this after it is sent
---

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#38 Posted: 19:31:29 22/09/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
100 SIGNATURES!!!

*clears throat*

Woooah! **We did it? **Wow - thank you everyone for signing!

You could try calling Acti UK on 020 3060 1000 (press 0 for Reception) and try asking to speak to Aruna on the UK Skylanders Marketing Team. **I am not certain if that name is 100% correct, it was the name I was given the last time I called.

Another phone number to call is Chris Brand, he is the Acti customer service guy, he is located in Holland and the number I have for him is (area code included) 0031207157752.

Failing that try contacting Activision Assist or Skylanders Game on Facebook or tweet Acti_Insider on Twitter.

I can't get the "contact us" to work on Activision's website, it crashes everytime I try to select the customer service email address.

After than I'm not quite sure what to do other than sending a printout with all the names to the address on the Skylanders packs.

I think GM78 and other US users have some email address for Toys for Bob people, I don't know who though!
---
#39 Posted: 09:08:41 23/09/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
100 SIGNATURES!!!

*clears throat*

Woooah! **We did it? **Wow - thank you everyone for signing!

You could try calling Acti UK on 020 3060 1000 (press 0 for Reception) and try asking to speak to Aruna on the UK Skylanders Marketing Team. **I am not certain if that name is 100% correct, it was the name I was given the last time I called.

Another phone number to call is Chris Brand, he is the Acti customer service guy, he is located in Holland and the number I have for him is (area code included) 0031207157752.

Failing that try contacting Activision Assist or Skylanders Game on Facebook or tweet Acti_Insider on Twitter.

I can't get the "contact us" to work on Activision's website, it crashes everytime I try to select the customer service email address.

After than I'm not quite sure what to do other than sending a printout with all the names to the address on the Skylanders packs.

I think GM78 and other US users have some email address for Toys for Bob people, I don't know who though!

I think I'll try finding the emails first. That way, I can show them the petition.
---
Bring the Fanta
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#40 Posted: 11:20:47 23/09/2012
Quote: terrafan
I'll help, I'm in US but I think it's unfair

Same here.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me