Page 1 of 1
Sidekicks' effects/playstyle in game [CLOSED]
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#1 Posted: 18:23:37 20/08/2012 | Topic Creator
After messing with all four for a while I've noticed things about them. Feel free too add to the list if you discover new, uh, I wouldn't call them 'abilities' but just general information about how they work.

You can only have one sidekick on the Portal at a time even with two players active.
The sidekick will follow the player who touched it last and is not player-specific.
When entering a level/teleporting Sidekicks will stay hidden under the character until you move.
So far pairing a sidekick with its larger counterpart (Stealth Elf, Terrafin, etc) doesn't seem to do anything.
Sidekicks don't attack, at least not in the 2+ hours I've been playing them.
Sidekicks can fall off any ledge you can and take damage hits (flash red) before warping back to you
Enemy attacks can't effect a Sidekick but YOURS can. A player attack makes them pause and flash red for a moment.
No amount of player attacks can kill a sidekick.
Elemental attacks linger on a Sidekick after you hit them. Lighting crackles over them or trail fire like sheep for a moment.
Sidekicks can sometimes get 'stuck' away from you in a level and not follow or warp to you. Lifting the figure up and replacing it brings them back to your position.

And that's all I've found so far.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 18:27:07 20/08/2012
Are you gonna make articulated sidekicks?
#3 Posted: 18:39:08 20/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
Are you gonna make articulated sidekicks?

I don't think I have joints small enough for them, lol! I'll try. Best I can do is make the arms swivel or legs move out as the limbs are pretty stumpy.
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#4 Posted: 19:39:52 20/08/2012
Yeah and WS isn't that great it feels breakable already
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#5 Posted: 13:05:50 21/08/2012
I bet you could put a neck ball into Whisper Elf or make the shoulders on the other two move, but that would be very tiny work.

I'd suggest just painting whisper elf's hair to match her in game bright purple self.
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
#6 Posted: 13:54:26 21/08/2012
I've found some joints that work perfectly with the small limbs of smilie and smilie
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#7 Posted: 15:46:03 21/08/2012
I might be chatting nonsense as I've no idea on the first things when it comes to articulating figures, but would the jointing from the current MegaBloks minifigures work? The Marvel and Halo lines mainly. I haven't got any sidekicks to compare the sizing with but would that work by any chance?

Back on topic however, These guys sounds pretty pointless, even worthless... Shame the cost so god dang much... ¬¬
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#8 Posted: 18:31:36 21/08/2012
Pretty useless, according to me
---
THE END IS NEAR
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#9 Posted: 22:07:11 21/08/2012
Yea, I think you can get the head to swivel on all of them, but not much else beyond that, especially for Whisper Elf.

Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Shame the cost so god dang much... ¬¬

They only cost $2 and that's just for shipping. You don't pay for the Sidekick, just for the 20 bags of chips and the lowest I've seen the chips go for is about $4 for a single 20 count bag at my local supermarket. Even if you don't count the chips, $6-8 on average for a Sidekick isn't much.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#10 Posted: 14:18:45 22/08/2012
Quote: sykotek
Yea, I think you can get the head to swivel on all of them, but not much else beyond that, especially for Whisper Elf.

Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Shame the cost so god dang much... ¬¬

They only cost $2 and that's just for shipping. You don't pay for the Sidekick, just for the 20 bags of chips and the lowest I've seen the chips go for is about $4 for a single 20 count bag at my local supermarket. Even if you don't count the chips, $6-8 on average for a Sidekick isn't much.

I'm not in the US mate, I'm British. The only way for me to ever get my hands on any would be to buy them online, which, as you may or may not know, is extortionate. Skylanders were populer, Sidekicks, which only have a limited amount is ridiculous.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#11 Posted: 17:31:51 22/08/2012
If you wanted the whole set, you're looking at $32 for 4...basically useless peripherals. I mean, cool if you're collecting everything but really don't fret too much. You're not really missing anything.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
a cat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1641
#12 Posted: 20:52:33 22/08/2012
Spyro and Eruptor made my Trigger Snappy catch on FIRE!
---
GRAND TOTAL SKYLANDERS: 540
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#13 Posted: 01:01:09 23/08/2012
yeah, they are kinda useless, ive seen one of my sidekicks shoot a small glowing ball at a chompy when i stood in one place and did nothing for a while, but they are fun to have. in levels that you dont need magic items, its fun having them follow you.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#14 Posted: 06:18:58 24/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I just found out having a Sidekick with Voodood makes his Tripwire path COMPLETELY useless. The second you set one your sidekick circles you and hits it, setting it off. I'm assuming this is the same for Dinorang or anyone with traps/barriers...argh
#15 Posted: 22:43:04 24/08/2012
Quote: Jin Saotome
I just found out having a Sidekick with Voodood makes his Tripwire path COMPLETELY useless. The second you set one your sidekick circles you and hits it, setting it off. I'm assuming this is the same for Dinorang or anyone with traps/barriers...argh

yay
my voodood is down marauder.
Esunmar Green Sparx Gems: 452
#16 Posted: 01:06:34 25/08/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: Jin Saotome

yay
my voodood is down marauder.

Less yay than stated. Elementalist is off da heezy and funky fresh, yo.
---
Life has given me a voracious hunger and all you give me is candy.
So I'm leaving with my legs and my youth even if jealousy kills you.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#17 Posted: 01:42:25 25/08/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
If you wanted the whole set, you're looking at $32 for 4...basically useless peripherals. I mean, cool if you're collecting everything but really don't fret too much. You're not really missing anything.

Dont forget if you want a little extra money..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#18 Posted: 02:38:10 25/08/2012
Question. Say you have Eruptor, and you come across a Life Elemental Gate. If you put Whisper Elf on the portal alongside Eruptor, will you now be able to go through the life gate?
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#19 Posted: 02:52:38 25/08/2012
They should have at least given bonus Hero Points on Universe smilie
#20 Posted: 03:44:17 27/08/2012
Quote: DinoHex
Question. Say you have Eruptor, and you come across a Life Elemental Gate. If you put Whisper Elf on the portal alongside Eruptor, will you now be able to go through the life gate?

THIS, i will try this as soon as i get back home from VACA.
---
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#21 Posted: 19:15:10 27/08/2012

That would be a NOPE

[User Posted Image]

Blah. Is there something we're not thinking about? Has anyone tried them in PvP? Maybe they do something there.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#22 Posted: 02:01:03 28/08/2012
I don't think Magic Items work in PVP and technically the Skdekicks are Magic Items with unlimited timing.
Rich246 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#23 Posted: 02:09:06 28/08/2012
Question about the Sidekicks, if a door requires a life/tech/earth/water Skylander, does the door open if you have one of the Sidekicks of that element with you?
---
I own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#24 Posted: 02:12:17 28/08/2012
Nope.
Quote: spyroflame0487

That would be a NOPE

[User Posted Image]

Blah. Is there something we're not thinking about? Has anyone tried them in PvP? Maybe they do something there.
#25 Posted: 02:16:52 28/08/2012
So they are totally useless smilie
---
I own:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#26 Posted: 02:19:54 28/08/2012
UNLESS they do something in PVP. Pretty much everything else has been tried.

Has anyone tried them with a TOTALLY maxed counterpart? Like a Trigger Snappy with a Trigger Happy who is at Level 10, fully upgraded, 65000 Gold, all Heroics and at Level 50 on Universe?

And if the person who originally hacked the PC version to find them is reading this please look deeper and see if they have any hidden coding. smilie
#27 Posted: 02:22:41 28/08/2012
Well, I'm not that person, but I can dig around a bit, no idea if I'll find anything. smilie
---
I own:
#28 Posted: 07:50:24 29/08/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
UNLESS they do something in PVP. Pretty much everything else has been tried.

Has anyone tried them with a TOTALLY maxed counterpart? Like a Trigger Snappy with a Trigger Happy who is at Level 10, fully upgraded, 65000 Gold, all Heroics and at Level 50 on Universe?

And if the person who originally hacked the PC version to find them is reading this please look deeper and see if they have any hidden coding. smilie

nope, it just asks me to remove it. and ive tried the counterpart thing, all it does is jump around (it shot a glowing ball ONCE that just barely did damage to a chompy).
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#29 Posted: 05:34:03 30/08/2012
actually, it was the wii version that was hacked first. the pc version didnt have any real hacks (folder name changes causing different skylanders and levels to appear but i think thats it). all the cool stuff you saw was probably done with the wii version. wii games that are turned into ISOs and put on a drive could use this thing that was like a gameshark code.

it was originally thought that the "pets" as they were known were some part of the game that was scraped and wouldnt see the light of day. devs do that a lot, put in something thats not finshed, and then just dont use it in the game. but with the success of skylanders im pretty sure activison thought they could release whatever **** they wanted and ppl would still buy it. (useless sidekicks but have to have them to be a complete collection)

i messed with the wii version and the pets months and months ago. and they were useless then, but i still had to get them.. now everything that is in the list for the skylanders spyros adventure is now released. there is no new things left.

btw i wasnt pirating, i owned the wii version for a while then i gave it to my friend.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:35:46 30/08/2012 by exosquad
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me