Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50
The Missing s (An Animal RP) [CLOSED]
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#351 Posted: 21:51:45 15/09/2012
Royal notices Sybil's franticness. He places a wing on her shoulder. "There's no hurry my child, only my friends the Asian Elephants are arriving today, the others must come slowly as to not attract attention, so it could be several weeks or so depending on the danger they are in," he says with his eyes filled with worry.

Ivor walks over to his brothers and smiles. "At last my brothers we will see this magnificent Haven for ourselves. We were lucky to escape with our lives how much we were hunted on the mainland. I just hope that the other animals get to the Haven safely."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:23:03 16/09/2012 by Wyrstel
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#352 Posted: 03:06:20 16/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Alright then. That's fine." Sybil responded, having a lost of words. She then turned to Chica.

Quote: Stealthelfrocks
"wow" chica said "birds sure complain a lot"

"No, just Yodel. I don't know what is his problem though. I haven't done anything to him." Sybil explained, failing to understand why he was so bitter all the time.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#353 Posted: 12:10:42 16/09/2012
"i hope everyone is with this thought of a haven"
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#354 Posted: 18:03:41 16/09/2012
Quote: Wyrstel
Royal looks toward the hiss. "Hey there you need to chill, I only hunt snakes if they prove to be a danger to others. Don't hiss at people before they finish, he says trying to remain calm. Then upon seeing the little velet worm he smiles. "Well aren't you a beautiful little thing," he says spreading a wing so that Speckles can climb onto it.

Speckles hesitated. He took a few steps back, not trusting the bird of prey.

Quote: Felines
Sybil almost forgot that Skaliscin was a snake, but was once again surprised by Royal's calm approach. "Say now, how do you knew that Skaliscin is not a threat?" but she then regretted to say that. "Never mind. I was only kidding. But know this, he is one snake you mustn't attack. His venom is only deadly to centipedes." Sybil assured, trusting that Royal wont attempt to hunt the animals that were very important to her.

"He?" Skaliscin spat, offended. "Funny, how you can't define genders-s-s-s..."
The leaves under the tree roots rustled slightly, but she was still hidden.
#355 Posted: 19:59:26 16/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"A she???" Sybil exclaimed, confused. Determine the gender of reptiles, especially snakes, was particularly hard "Sorry there. Snakes are quite hard to..." But Sybil stopped the sentence, avoiding further embarrassments.
---
#356 Posted: 21:28:57 17/09/2012
"Go ahead; s-s-s-say it. After all, my venom can only hurt s-s-sentipedes," Skaliscin remarked, rather rudely.
"Ugh, you've got to be joking," Speckles grumbled, glaring at the roots she was dwelling in.
#357 Posted: 22:09:41 17/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Alright, I said I was sorry. No need to be upset." Sybil complained, feeling offended with the behavior. Yodel was nearby, snickering at Sybil.

"You're at it again!? Get lost Yodel!" Sybil ordered, and the warbler obeyed, laughing while flying and looking at her.
---
#358 Posted: 00:46:20 18/09/2012
Royal glares at Yodel and wraps his wings around Sybil comforting her, like a father would his child. "Its alright my child," he says smiling.

The Asian Elephant Brothers continue their voyage to the Haven, enjoying the spray of the sea splashing them. It is a glorious experience finally seeing and living the beauty of the Great Blue Sky, that their mother called it.
#359 Posted: 03:30:28 18/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Yodel flew until he was out of sight. Although he liked Sybil a little, both of them never agreed on each others decision.

Sybil felt comfortable around Royal, but she, at the same time, felt insecure. Royal kinda threatened her earlier, so she was cautious. She hoped that Royal displayed that parental care more often. He was dangerous, so it was a good idea having him in a good mood.

She looked at the sky, and realized there were only a couple of hours until nightfall. "Hey, Jaerl!" Sybil called, looking at the tree. "If you feel better, you should come with me to Light Beach. It is beautiful at night." she then looked at Royal and Chica, extending her invitation.
---
#360 Posted: 08:18:23 18/09/2012
"may i come too? i might have been there already but not in the night" chica asked
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#361 Posted: 18:35:15 18/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Of course." Sybil responded. "Hey Jaerl, if you can't walk or fly, I can carry you." she offered. She thought that maybe that beautiful sight would make the negative falcon and his foster father forget their worries and see how beautiful the world can be.
---
#362 Posted: 19:48:49 18/09/2012
I slowly wake and try to stand but give a shrill cry in agony. Royal notices Sybil's uneasiness around him and he embraces her tightly. "I'm sorry my child if I threatened you before, it just Jaerl is all I have and I was worried. Will you forgive me child, he asks humbly bowing his head. I really am a nice and kind individual.

The Asian Elephant brothers wade into the shallows of the water and thank Cairo, the Orca, before stepping onto the beach of the island. The look around at the place before watching the beach glisten like a hundred stars in the sky. Little do they realize that they are not alone.
#363 Posted: 21:39:08 18/09/2012
Surprisingly, Skaliscin felt a small pang of... something. Was it regret? Or guilt? Shaking her head, she moved her thoughts to something else; it was then she realized how hungry she was. However, she would wait until the others left to hunt. She felt odd around them, maybe awkwardness or just being anti-social.

Speckles looked skeptical.
"What is this 'Light Beach'? It better not be one of those oil spill areas," he questioned, his expression the closest a velvet worm can get to a frown.
#364 Posted: 00:39:29 19/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I slowly wake and try to stand but give a shrill cry in agony. Royal notices Sybil's uneasiness around him and he embraces her tightly. "I'm sorry my child if I threatened you before, it just Jaerl is all I have and I was worried. Will you forgive me child, he asks humbly bowing his head. I really am a nice and kind individual.

"Sure thing. I understand perfectly." Sybil explained, accepting the apology. She was glad Royal did that. She was kinda expecting that apology, since she was a little proud.

Quote: Waaksian
Surprisingly, Skaliscin felt a small pang of... something. Was it regret? Or guilt? Shaking her head, she moved her thoughts to something else; it was then she realized how hungry she was. However, she would wait until the others left to hunt. She felt odd around them, maybe awkwardness or just being anti-social.

Speckles looked skeptical.
"What is this 'Light Beach'? It better not be one of those oil spill areas," he questioned, his expression the closest a velvet worm can get to a frown.

Sybil then turned her attention on the two strange companions. "Oh, you are still here? I lost sight of you, so I thought you left." Sybil commented. Those two were easily missable in all that foliage. The civet then proceeded to answer the Velvet worm's question. "Light Beach? It is simply the most beautiful place to gaze on at night. The stars are exceptionally bright in that beach, and in these months, the waters are filled with bioluminescence." Sybil kindly explained. "You two can also come. I am sure you won't regret it" Sybil invited, with a great smile.
---
#365 Posted: 02:18:41 19/09/2012
Royal hears me cry out in pain and turns to Sybil. "I think he needs your help, he says. Also as if he read her thoughts he continues. "Jaerl may seem negative Sybil, but when you may be the last its hard not to feel that way. He really isn't this way though he must be struggling through a very rough time... He stops as realizes what tomarrow is to me. The day of his birth and of Thousand Screams as that mist as well as man killed all in their path, leaving me alone. Tomarrow is the anniversy of the slaughter of his kind by man and by the "Mist." He remembers nothing of that day except for the screams of the dying and therefore it is hard for him to see it as a joyous day, but perhaps with help from you guys we can make him forget this and make tomarrow special," he says smiling.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:32 01/08/2013 by Wyrstel
#366 Posted: 02:27:19 19/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"I haven't seen anyone of my same species in my entire life, and you think that let's me down" Sybil whispered to Royal, in a comforting way. "But yeah, it's just like you said. I founded this Haven to give every species a chance for survival and forget the horrors they might have went through." she then said, still whispering.

"Well now everyone! Only a few minutes until nightfall. We better get going." Sybil yelled, enough to startle anyone that was close to her. She was very exciting. Last time she visited Light Beach was when she arrived to the Island. She didn't want to enjoy the moment again until she recieved enough animals in the Haven.
---
#367 Posted: 04:30:13 19/09/2012
Royal is about to say something back at her,but stops himself before flying high into a tree and perching in the branches. Part of him is frustrated that Sybil does not understand what he is saying, while the other part just wants to forget this and see for himself why this place is called Light Beach. He too had never seen his kind for his entire life until recently when they were fleeing from the humans. Even as the leader of the secret sanctuary he rarely greeted his guests. That was left to the quetzals. What Sybil did not understand is that I had been born without a mother or father to take care of me. My pain was not something that could easily be tossed aside.

Meanwhile the ground shakes as the Asian Elephant brothers walk off in the direction they have been told. They have heard of the dangers this island has and how many animals are being terrorized by these predators. They however are too big and tough for the predator to mess with so they will serve as the guardians of this haven.
#368 Posted: 07:33:42 19/09/2012
"lets get going then" chica said trotting along sybil
---
#369 Posted: 15:18:59 19/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Well now, if everybody is ready, we should go, right now." Sybil said, trying to avoid sounding like an order. Before heading there, she climbed her tree, where Jaerl was still resting, and covered with the Eucalyptus leaves, offering him one final invitation. "Are you still willing to go?" she asked, expecting almost an immediate answer.
---
#370 Posted: 20:22:13 19/09/2012
Speckles crawled a bit closer to Sybil as she whispered to Royal. He had good hearing; better than his eyesight, at least. Upon Sybil's announcement, he yelped and leaped back, disappearing in a pile of leaves.
#371 Posted: 06:25:13 20/09/2012
I look at her and smile. "That is if it isn't too much trouble," I say bowing my head. Royal remains at his perch not moving. In the darkness three large shapes move closer and closer to the group.
#372 Posted: 19:32:21 20/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil gently slides Jaerl from her head to her back, taking out of the hole in the tree. The beach was nearby, and after Sybil was sure that everybody was ready, she gave one last look to the snake and her wormy pal. "You two, it's getting dark. Keep up with us, and don't get lost. " Sybil announced. Those two can get easily lost, so she wanted to take extra precautions.

"Royal, if you know where Light Beach is, you can head there now, you don't need to wait for us." Sybil yelled, knowing that Royal was in a high place. She headed to Light Beach, unknown to the fact of the ones that Royal was waiting for...
---
#373 Posted: 19:42:44 20/09/2012
Royal nods and flies off in the direction of Light Beach and perches on the highest braches of a tree. "Thank you, Sybil, I say. I'm sorry I disobeyed you and worried you so, I was just..." Tears pour from my eyes and splash onto her fur, but I am unable to find the words.

Meanwhile three large shapes begin to grow larger as the groups get closer and closer to one another.
#374 Posted: 19:57:00 20/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil did not answer. She simply smiled and looked at him. She wasn't angry about that anymore. She just continued walking, receiving the cool breeze that announced the night.

Finally, Light Beach ahead. It was a good thing it was in a little more than a mile from her tree. "Oh... we missed most of the dusk. But no matter. In a few minutes these waters will shine. And you will see how GOLLY! What on EARTH!?" Sybil suddenly exclaimed after seeing three huge silhouettes in the horizon, barely a few yards away.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:44 21/09/2012 by Felines
#375 Posted: 20:16:50 20/09/2012
Royal says nothing for he knew that they would arrive soon. I shrug not knowing anything about the Asian elephant brothers. Meanwhile the Asian elephants continue to advance toward the ground. As they get closer their features become visable. They are extremely tall and muscular with razor sharp tusks and enormous ears.
#376 Posted: 21:53:20 20/09/2012
chica looks up in awe. "now this is what i had not expect..... there huge1"
---
#377 Posted: 22:39:25 20/09/2012
Speckles was grasping on Sybil's leg, flinching at even the slightest sound in the distance. While on the way, he wondered what this "bioluminescence" looked like; with the inclusion of the beach. For some reason, he shuddered, that sense of impending doom returning. The term "Light" reminded him of many stories of a creature at the end of his life, how he enters a tunnel with a single light up ahead. The velvet worm has dealt with enough death in one lifetime.
"What the carp?!" he exclaimed at the sight of the massive creatures up ahead. Then something clicked in his mind. "Are those... elephants? But... their ears are tiny..."
#378 Posted: 23:39:24 20/09/2012
The Brothers laugh and speak. Your thinking of our African cousins my friend, they are larger and have gigantic ears almost like giant flyswatters. We are Asian Elephants. It is a pleasure to meet you all. The oldest of the brothers, Ivor steps forward. I am Ivor and these are my brothers Bjorn and Anvor."
#379 Posted: 07:35:57 21/09/2012
"nice to meet you" chica greeted
---
#380 Posted: 15:57:27 21/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Well... I must say I didn't expect such... a huge surprise." Sybil comically replied, finally snapping out of her awe. "Welcome to Haven of the Missing s" Sybil greeted, with her usual line in those cases. Cairo, the leader of the Orcas and was one of the ones that transported the elephants, was really tired.

"That's it Sybil. If I need to carry animals this heavy again, I will promise never to hunt a Blue Whale and made them help with this whole transportation stuff instead." he explained, leaving the shore without letting Sybil reply to the comment...
---
#381 Posted: 18:07:45 21/09/2012
The elephant brothers thank Cairo and apologize, bowing their heads. They then turn to Sybil and speak. "We are told that there are dangers here that have forced you to remain on your side of the island, well if any of them stry something, we'll drive them off," the brothers say proudly.
#382 Posted: 22:31:39 21/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Actually, the dingoes represent the most danger, and they never leave the outback. Mongooses are sneaky, and they do come to the forest often." Sybil explained to the gentle giants. "There are rumors that they are venomous cobras too, but neither of us have enough proof to that." she explained a little more, referring to her and her bird friends.

"I don't think a pack of dingoes can be daring enough to face you guys, but if there are indeed cobras, I don't think it's worth the risk to go to the outback. I heard a cobra's venom can be deadly even to the biggest animals" Sybil concluded. Even if the elephants were a great source of defense against the dingoes... and maybe even the mongooses, she still feared that mysterious outback.
---
#383 Posted: 22:39:01 21/09/2012
"i might go and see from time to time if there is any" chica said
---
#384 Posted: 22:49:56 21/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"NO!... no Chica. It's not worth the risk. " Sybil explained. She didn't want any of the animals from the Haven to go into danger on purpose, especially since one animal has done that already.
---
#385 Posted: 21:59:28 22/09/2012
"Don't forget that slithering handbag, Skaliscin," Speckles added, scorn in his tone.
He clambered down Sybil's paw, crawling, somewhat cautiously, up to the three titanic mammals.
"She's the one you need to watch out for. She'll steal your shoelaces; the right ones, to be exact."
Speaking of Skaliscin, I wonder where that back-sassing reptile went, the velvet worm wondered, scratching his antenna thoughtfully.

--

The slippery serpent wasn't very far off. Slithering through the underbrush, she searched for her next quarry, flicking her tongue to catch any scent.
Wonder what these island-centipedes taste like. Hopefully not too salty.
A deep vibration entered the ground.
Ooh, what to we have here? her thoughts rang, giddy with the promise of an easy meal. But she tasted nothing.
The vibration rumbled again. And again. And again.
"What is-s-s this-s-s-s" the snake hissed aloud, whipping her head about.
The booms were rhythmic, almost like...
"Foots-s-s-s-s-steps-s-s-s-s? But, they s-s-sound s-s-so heavy..."
Skaliscin coiled up on a branch, climbing up the next one, and then next one, until she reached the treetops. Sybil's group was by a beach, right in front of three massive figures.
"Elephants-s-s?!" the serpent gasped, nearly falling off her twig. She tightened her grip. "Of all the mis-s-srible creatures-s-s; why elephants-s-s?"
#386 Posted: 00:09:12 24/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil considered little Speckle's warning. She didn't trust serpents due to bad experiences, and accepted Skaliscin just because it was so endangered. "Well now Speckles, that serpent and you are... kinda friends, aren't you? You can tell me if anything unusual happens." Sybil told, and before the little Velvet worm could reply, she turned into the Elephants.

"Alright then folks, as you may know by know, I will allow you to go to the outback from time to time, but don't stay there for too long." she oriented. "I don't want to find out the hard way that the rumors about venomous serpents are true." after saying this, she remembered something important. "Hey, I know that you Asian Elephants are from thick jungles, unlike your African cousins, but if you're gonna stay here, may I suggest the wetland? You can accidentally knock out trees, where my birds friends are nesting, and I can receive quite a scold from their part if that happens." the civet explained, blushing a little about that embarrassing fact.
---
#387 Posted: 05:35:30 24/09/2012
Ivor, Bjorn and Anvor all nod. Then turning to the others they speak. "If any of you want to or need to go to the outback, come get us first, as for your fear of us getting bitten by the snakes look at the size of out legs, no snake has a mouth large enough to bite us. We would step on them and they would be splatted like pancakes."
#388 Posted: 07:46:23 24/09/2012
"fat chance" chica mumbled
---
#389 Posted: 07:53:42 24/09/2012
Turning to the wolf the elephants speak. "It is true it is unlikely that we would kill the snake but they cannot touch us, so they are not a danger to us. The only predator that is a threat to us is man."
#390 Posted: 22:25:41 24/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil almost discuss herself after hearing the word man, but did a very great job hiding it. She instead pointed yet more of her worries to the elephants. "Maybe your feet are big enough to squish serpents, but you know, they can strike very fast. Even if you step on them, they can give you a bite before you do." the civet was showing too much concern... so much, that she didn't notice that it was almost midnight by now, and that the bioluminiscence of the sea was already noticing.
---
#391 Posted: 22:25:45 24/09/2012
At Sybil's mention of being "kinda friends", he felt the tips of his antenna tingle with sudden warmth.
Am I... blushing?
Just as he predicted, his antenna mantled from yellow-brown to reddish-pink. Embarrassed by his, now apparent, friendly affection for the serpent, he looked away quickly, even though the Malabar civet was occupied with the "mammoth" creatures.

--

Skaliscin licked her snout with her forked tongue, and slithered down the tree. She need not worry about the pachyderms; the lumbering giants would be completely occupied with keeping their wrinkly skin dusty, and filling their bottomless bellies with gallons of water with pounds upon pounds of vegetation.
"S-s-speaking of filling..."
The scaly creature was then on the hunt again, searching for the meal she'd been waiting for since arrival.
#392 Posted: 22:32:48 24/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil was thinking things over. She didn't noticed that Speckles was just a few feet away.
She was worried. She didn't want the elephants to do anything stupid just because they thought they were almighty and invincible. Even if some of the serpent's venom didn't kill them, they could cause serious pain, especially if it was a cobra. If that was the case, they could become vulnerable to the dingo's attacks.
---
#393 Posted: 22:35:03 24/09/2012
The brother face Sybil and look at her. "We'll be careful my friend, in this place we don't have any king cobras otherwise everyone would be in danger. They are extremely territorial and vicious creatures."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:41 24/09/2012 by Wyrstel
#394 Posted: 22:47:15 24/09/2012 | Topic Creator
"Maybe not here, but maybe the outback has a few. Don't take unnecessary risks, OK?" Sybil commented, but those elephant's confirmation wasn't enough for her to stop worrying. She gave one random look at the sea, and finally noticed. "The lights! They are here!!!" Sybil happily yelled, running around with a childish display, running to a nearby rock to get a better view, almost stepping on little Speckles in the process...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:23:09 24/09/2012 by Felines
#395 Posted: 23:18:06 24/09/2012
I changed my last post, after I found out that elephant can be bitten and even die from one snake's bite, the King Cobra's.

I gaze out at the magnificent sight around me. I smile as Sybil enjoys herself.
#396 Posted: 23:20:34 24/09/2012
"GAH!!" Speckles yelped, barely dodging Sybil's paw.
Clambering out of the way, he groaned in irritation.
"Watch where you put your snowshoes for fee-"
Then he noticed the faint twinkling dots on the ocean's surface. His "jaw" dropped, awestruck.
#397 Posted: 23:27:59 24/09/2012 | Topic Creator
I changed my last post, after I found out that elephant can be bitten and even die from one snake's bite, the King Cobra's.

I gaze out at the magnificent sight around me. I smile as Sybil enjoys herself.

OOC: Alright, I changed my post a little bit to make sense with yours smilie

Sybil was gazing in awe, moving one of her back paw in excitement. She was showing the childish part of her personality. In that moment, she transformed from a concerning adult, to a little kid. She loved this light show, especially since it only happened only a few times a year.
---
#398 Posted: 23:43:58 24/09/2012
Seizing the moment I sneak a kiss and kiss Sybil on the cheek, before blushing deep, deep red.
#399 Posted: 00:02:14 25/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Sybil was still distracted with the sparkling beach, but after a few seconds, her cheek felt differently. She looked blankly at nowhere, only to realize what probably happened. Did that falcon just... no, it couldn't be, could it? Sybil was surrounded with confusion. "Um... what just happened?" she asked, more to herself than to the falcon. She was sure she didn't want to hear the answer.

As it turned out, Cairo, leader of the Orca was spying the group from a distance. He was growing red with jealousy after seeing the falcon's daring display, but he decided to keep the secret and not to make a spectacle of himself. The giant mammal then decided that he had enough with the spying, and returned deep into the sea, where his family was waiting...
---
#400 Posted: 00:05:01 25/09/2012
Royal chuckles to himself as he sees me make the first move. The elephants are too busy gazing at the beauty around them to notice, but Royal is sure he is not the only one who saw this.
First | Previous | Page 8 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me