darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > Skylanders and My Little Pony...Could it work together.
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders and My Little Pony...Could it work together. [CLOSED]
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1 Posted: 03:55:14 05/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I realize that this might be a super epic thread and I personally have no interest in the My Little Pony franchise BUT it is popular and I think it would bring more girls into this market. Now I know there are a lot of Bronnies here and just overall M.L.P. fans as well so I think there would be some interest. It has been discussed in other threads that the representation of female characters is somewhat lacking. Now that's not to say that M.L.P. is exclusive to girls but that is their target audience. Also M.L.P. is another fantasy franchise that involves magic so I could see a possible tie in. I personally know next to nothing about M.L.P. but seeing other topics about Crash and Sonic possibly becoming Skylanders they just don't make since. Plus Activision has collaborated with Hasbro before, most recently the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Series.

I'm sure that this has been discussed before but I could find any threads about My Little Pony in the search. I am also wondering what they need to do to keep my daughter interested. I think she's getting burnt out on all the male characters. Also should they even feel the need to go for more female players or is the game already gender neutral? Is there another franchise that might do the job of adding a stronger female player base better than M.L.P.? What do you guys think?
#2 Posted: 04:11:28 05/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
Well this is just a little comment, but Twilight Sparkle = Spyro. And Whirlwind is totally Rainbow Dash.

I am not kidding. It works.

Could it work by them simply bringing over the ponies as themselves? I don't see this happening soon but I'd rather have a crossover franchise than endless waves of reskins and variants.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#3 Posted: 05:12:18 05/08/2012
It would be weird, and most of the fanbase wouldn't be happy about it. Plus, you just can't make that many movesets. So nah...
#4 Posted: 05:34:31 05/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Nibelilt
It would be weird, and most of the fanbase wouldn't be happy about it. Plus, you just can't make that many movesets. So nah...

Well I know in another thread you were unhappy with the female representation in the game in it's current state...what should they do? Keep going with new Skylanders or maybe another franchise? I know it's going to happen I just am wondering with what.
#5 Posted: 06:42:09 05/08/2012
Quote: Tigorus

Well I know in another thread you were unhappy with the female representation in the game in it's current state...what should they do? Keep going with new Skylanders or maybe another franchise? I know it's going to happen I just am wondering with what.

I would just rather see them make more girls... So far, only Chill and at least one Giant are confirmed as female, so in the next game, I would just like to see them add more in the next batch. However, if they are going with any other franchise, it will probably be Crash... Coco could be a Skylander! smilie If not Crash, I can't really think of another that would appeal to kids that would feasibly occur(Nintendo franchise crossovers are unlikely and other popular ones like Black Ops are too dark).

Ben 10, maybe? I hate that idea, but I think it would be fairly likely.

Plus, you just can't make that many movesets.

*cough*fightingismagic*cough*

... That are different from current Skylanders smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:45:29 05/08/2012 by Nibelilt
#6 Posted: 07:02:19 05/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I too would like to see them continue to create additional new Skylanders but I don't want them to just crank out anything like in Pokemon Black/White....I mean come on a Pokemon that's a Trash bag that evolves into a bigger pile of trash...Really? Don't they have dragons and baby dragons in the M.L.P. universe as well? That seems another shoe in for compatibility. Oh man though if they were to do other video games, franchise/publisher restrictions aside, I would love to see Megaman as a Skylander or even Link or Zelda. Each video game system could lend a franchise figure...

Wii: Link
Xbox: Hmmm...not sure
PS3: Sack Boy
3DS: Pikachu
#7 Posted: 07:08:43 05/08/2012
XBox could be Kameo, even though it's not well known, it seems like the perfect pick. Even Viva PiƱata, or another Rare franchise.

Or...
LIVE avatars smilie
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#8 Posted: 09:57:20 05/08/2012
Quote: Tigorus
I mean come on a Pokemon that's a Trash bag that evolves into a bigger pile of trash...Really?

'sup.

[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#9 Posted: 15:09:58 05/08/2012
Well, bringing over the ponies to Skylanders would take a copyright deal between Hasbro and Activision.

But it would be nice.

Twilight being Magic
Rainbow being Wind
AppleJack being Earth
Fluttershy being Life

Maybe Rarity could be in the Water element? Pinkie doesn't fit in any elements......

Spike could be Fire.

And the CMCs could be like those mini Skylanders (what are they called again?). Of course, Apple Bloom would be with AJ, Sweetie Belle with Rarity.

And Scootaloo could go with Rainbow, but I can see her going with Fluttershy as well.

Rarity could be tech. After all, she builds dresses.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 15:41:35 05/08/2012
I'm thinking it would be split up into 3 elemental groups.

Pegasi
Unicorns
and Earth Ponies

And I am planning on buying smaller blind bag ponies and attaching them to skylander bases
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 19:11:57 05/08/2012
Behold.... Sweetcream Scoops.
Spoiler'd for PONIES
[User Posted Image]
Guy Blue Sparx Gems: 551
#12 Posted: 23:26:42 05/08/2012
It is possible a fan of MLP will make a custom skylanders game with ponies, seeing people have been making pretty good custom games like Fighting is Magic, the creepy Luna Game, and the biggest one of all, Ponymon Dusk and Ponymon Dawn versions.

My big skylander, My big skylander, die die Die DIE DIE big skylander, I used to wonder what killing could be, my big skylander, till you all shared its tragic with me, big adventure, tons of guns, a painful fist, faithful and strong, sharing hatred it's an easy feat and Eon makes it all complete, my big skylander, FRIENDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

Sing to the tune of mlp theme song.
---
Green is not a creative color
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me