Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Adventure Packs [CLOSED]
CAMOflauge Blue Sparx Gems: 504
#1 Posted: 17:40:46 03/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Which Skylanders Adventure packs are good/ok/not worth €25
I'm really tight on money and probably won't be able to afford all of them,I need to know if any of them are not worth buying,Thanks for reading
---
Boomy Boo,I'm watching you~
Kurui: http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/ok-i-did-it
Pasta!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:35 03/08/2012 by CAMOflauge
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#2 Posted: 18:25:06 03/08/2012
Dark Light Crypt was my fave. Also liked dragons peak! Other two are worth getting but imo aren't as good
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#3 Posted: 19:41:23 03/08/2012
Pirate Seas kinda sucks :l It's basically a minigame. Empire of Ice is good. But dragons peak is the best
---
words. letters. filler.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 20:27:24 03/08/2012
actually empire of ice is pretty fun. I don't have dragon's peak or Dark light crypt yet
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
LTU Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4985
#5 Posted: 21:55:12 03/08/2012
Darklight Crypt was the best for me. I didn't find much entertainment in others.
ShadowTwisted Green Sparx Gems: 305
#6 Posted: 22:23:23 03/08/2012
Each Adventure Pack has its own appeal that ends up leading to personal preference.

Darklight Crypt: This one is more of a puzzler's level and requires a balance of "real" world and "ghost" world switching to complete, which was the main thrill of the level for me.

Dragon's Peak: This one was more of a linear level that was broken up with some flying mini-game transitions throughout, which also made it fun for me.

Empire of Ice: This one seemed to be all about the slip-and-slide fun of ice, and even poked at the old-school labyrinth game in a few parts. While it was fun for a few parts, the very aspect designed for fun can quickly turn to annoyance.

Pirate Seas: If you're a fan of the memory match games, this level is for you. However, there seems to be more time spent on the match game than actually getting from one pirate to the next. Because of the lack of balance, it quickly gets annoying, much like how the novelty of blowing up a pirate fortress wears off pretty quick when it takes a few trips around to do.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#7 Posted: 00:14:28 04/08/2012
Dragon's Peak Was fun a good balance of minigame and fighting sunburn is an ok char

Empire of ice was eh walking around slip sliding everywhere and at the end it didn't explain on what I was supposed to do on my first account Slambam is normal

DC don't have

Pirate seas basicaly memory where is everything in little time at least it has told me everytime to blow the castle up and save the girl. Terrafin is a great earth element to add.
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
lucidity0001 Blue Sparx Gems: 885
#8 Posted: 06:50:22 04/08/2012
Quote: ShadowTwisted
Each Adventure Pack has its own appeal that ends up leading to personal preference.

Darklight Crypt: This one is more of a puzzler's level and requires a balance of "real" world and "ghost" world switching to complete, which was the main thrill of the level for me.

Dragon's Peak: This one was more of a linear level that was broken up with some flying mini-game transitions throughout, which also made it fun for me.

Empire of Ice: This one seemed to be all about the slip-and-slide fun of ice, and even poked at the old-school labyrinth game in a few parts. While it was fun for a few parts, the very aspect designed for fun can quickly turn to annoyance.

Pirate Seas: If you're a fan of the memory match games, this level is for you. However, there seems to be more time spent on the match game than actually getting from one pirate to the next. Because of the lack of balance, it quickly gets annoying, much like how the novelty of blowing up a pirate fortress wears off pretty quick when it takes a few trips around to do.

Shadowtwisted said it the best. Although you need all for to get 100% if you dont care about that then Shadowtwisted came pretty closesmilie
---
~yeah for the time being, at least~
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#9 Posted: 14:31:10 04/08/2012
Darklight Crypt is my favorite being more like a puzzle and was probably the part of the game I had to think over most(though that's not saying much smilie). 9/10. Empire Of Ice, which many people hate is actually my next favorite. 7.5/10. Why? Well, quite frankly Dragon's Peak was a disappointment because there was WAY too much flying so it was an utterlute pushover. 5.5/10. Pirate Seas is one boring minigame. 2/10.

Oh, here you go:

Quote: Nibelilt
Here's how I like them:

Worst Adventure Pack
Pirate Seas. The level is just boring, because of that darn card game. The rest of the level is actually quite good and especially the design of the Life Gate Area and the Ship minigame. But since the main gimmick is the cards, and there are so many, it just drags the pack to death. Terrafin is absurdly strong but Skylanders is more fun with weak characters anyway. Critical Hat is okay. Ghost Swords are useless but Hidden Treasure is pretty helpful.

3rd Place
Dragon's Peak. A much better and lengthy and difficult level than most of the game but the flight becomes pure annoyance. Should have changed the level design to starting area, hidden area in starting area, one flight minigame, main area. Sparx Dragonfly is a nice throwback, Winged Boots are good for a PVP pickup. Speed Hat is pretty useful. Sunburn is good but not excellent.

2nd Place
Empire of Ice. Great level, shooting minigame is excellent, and Slam Bam is a really fun character. Sky-Iron Shield could be somewhat useful and is awesome when it comes in PVP but Anvil Rain is pretty meh. Defense Hat is useless. Would have been first probably if the level was longer.

1st Place
Darklight Crypt. The main gimmick, switching between worlds, is frequent, but actually fun because the whole area changes, and the portals for it are frequent. A Shadow Legacy reference? Ghost Roaster is extremely fun, Healing Elixir is absurdly useful in both modes, Time Twister is useless though. I don't even remember what Pumpkin hat does. But the level itself is unmissable and has a great length, bringing the pack to number one.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:39:20 04/08/2012 by Nibelilt
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me