Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Hey will writing my name or chiseling it void anything
Page 1 of 1
Hey will writing my name or chiseling it void anything [CLOSED]
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#1 Posted: 23:38:00 01/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok if i took a sharpie or scratch my name into the bottom of the plastic would it void anything? Im thinking of marking my wrecking ball and other figures so I know which ones were mine?
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 00:05:11 02/08/2012
It doesn't void a warranty since you didn't get one when you purchased the figure. If you need to get a replacement, I think for most of them still it's free to send in for.

Since they're your figures you can do what you want with them, but when trying to sell them (if you do in the future), you probably won't get as much as you would if they weren't marked.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
darkspyro1234 Ripto Gems: 169
#3 Posted: 00:06:20 02/08/2012
It really wouldn't do anything with marker but don't scratch the name in because you might accidentally scratch into the chip it self.
#4 Posted: 00:08:00 02/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: darkspyro1234
It really wouldn't do anything with marker but don't scratch the name in because you might accidentally scratch into the chip it self.

but isn't the chip right under the element symbol?
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#5 Posted: 02:14:39 02/08/2012
If I were you, I'd use a marker. You wouldn't want to accidentally cut yourself.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
darkspyro1234 Ripto Gems: 169
#6 Posted: 15:38:54 02/08/2012
That's my point cutting into the chip or you.
#7 Posted: 16:58:04 02/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I can worry about my safety im just gonna put my initials on them then in marker
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#8 Posted: 01:21:55 07/08/2012
the chip is beyond the whole green plastic thing. you could carve into the bottom of it, and unless you used a drill or something. youd be fine with a carving. if you write in permanent makers like a sharpie, if someone took your figure they could rub that off with alcohol or nail polish remover.

(i used to carve my name into stuff like bike, toys, plastic cups, and even carved wood things when i was like less than 10 years of age, doesnt anyone do boyscouts anymore?) also, carve away from yourself, not towards yourself. you could use a regular nail or a thumb tack or whatever.
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
L-Sunburn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1739
#9 Posted: 05:20:51 08/08/2012
Just nickname your skylander so when you use it you know that one is yours
---
Favorties smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#10 Posted: 21:14:23 08/08/2012
I would do nickname, cause my Sonic Boom was killed by scratching and marker isn't so good..
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me